Notices

Class of May 2012 part 18

Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Tanja I am so happy you were able to get a chip and that you shared! I know that's really difficult and hope you know how strong you are. Hope you have another good day today.
FP I loved the joke! A great way to start the day. How is your cubicle situation going this week?
Kitty grats on 138 days!
Jeni I think any feelings leading up to going to therapy are normal. I think it's great you're going and I really really hope it's just what you need to keep building the happy life you deserve.
Back to the grind for me today. Last week of February though so thank goodness for that. I'm dreaming of warmer weather and fresh air. I still want to make a list of things I want to do this summer do I have no reasons to be bored or not know what to do. Hah! Alright have a good day everyone.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

OLL, it was never my intention to set people against you. I realize that you sent several very different messages, including the one about "sacred space" for those who have been sober since May. I felt very hurt by that statement. When I mentioned other people, I was simply trying to point out the wonderful people we would lose under that scenario. I thought that perhaps you hadn't thought it through.

I would have sent this as a PM instead of airing in public, but you informed me that you were going to block me. I only answered this time because I felt that you misrepresented what I said and meant.

That said, I know I didn't handle things well and have apologized. If you can't accept that then sadly there is nothing more I can say. I think you have many great qualities and add immeasurably to this thread. I'm sorry we can't seem to reconcile our differences. I believe that can only hurt us all.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone

Big to everyone today.

Thanks for remembering my 10 months....much appreciated. I'm still trying to get going on all the DIY around my home. My son came over a bit last week, but has not been back. So, not sure if he is in a good place to help me (he recently lost his job). I will carry on in my own fashion, may have to hire someone to do the work I am unable to complete. But, you know what, that's ok! Also, still trying to eat better, ever since the holidays (oh, my) I've been overeating and indulging. One day at a time for this girl.

Again thanks to all of you for your continued support in my quest for long term sobriety. Each of you has encouraged and helped me so much
Take care everyone
Bloss
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hoping the latest mayhem in the May thread has simmered down. I don't remember who won the battle in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, but the city and its gentle residents always suffered the greatest devastation.

Godzilla-vs-KingGhidorah.jpg

Bloss: Always great to read your posts, classmate! Hoping you'll find a good contractor or handyman to help you with your house projects. Wishing the best for you and your son. I hear ya on overeating since the holidays. It's tough for me to eat well. If it's a choice between broccoli and cheesecake...? I'll keep you in suspense.

Kittycat: Woo hoo on those 138 days, girlfriend! Keep up the fantastic sober strength! Hope you get a good rest tonight after your busy weekend.

OneLess: Thank you for putting an end to the backing and forthing for all of us over sensitive issues. Big hugs to you, my friend. I'm wishing and wishing for spring to hurry the heck up and get here, too. Tired of the winter blues. Cubicle situation has solved itself this week so far, with my cell mate out sick on Monday, I was in another office today, and tomorrow she's off all day, so Mammoth is holing up and hunkering down to get some much-needed work done in the glorious quietude.

Tanja: Wonderful that you were able to get to your AA meeting for that incredibly inspirational and well-deserved 7-month chip! Great that you can pick up another one today, too! You are doing this sober journey so well, my friend. Big heart bursting with pride for you, right here! Hugs to you.

Sas: Thank you for your apology to us. I think we all needed to hear it as a means to help restore harmony in our happy class. Best wishes to you in your nutritional success to aid in your sobriety and overall health. Hugs to you.

Teacher Jeni: I hope your sadness leaves you soon. Excellent move on scheduling a visit to your therapist. Huge hugs of love and support to you, transatlantic sober sister.

You-Rock: How are you doing, good buddy? I know your work week is usually super busy. Sounds like a fun time you had at the Oscars party! I would have been right by your side in my snazziest tuxedo (standard elephant attire at a soiree) with my polished solid gold tusks, and the paps would have burned out their flashbulbs taking so many pics of us!

Dee: Thank you for you advice in helping us through difficulties, and for sharing in our triumphs.

Had another strenuous rehearsal tonight. Check this out: the principal hornist rearranged seating and asked me to sit on the other side of Ms. Snarky to help another hornist with her part! Perfect! Now I can learn my parts faster listening to her play with her bell facing me and my new seatmate is a young, ultracool chick with a great sense of humor. I am so relieved! No more gurgling horn filled with steamy liquid waiting to be emptied by Ol' Hearing Aids to annoy me, and the young chick calls me by my correct name! And guess what? Ms. Snarky flipped personalities tonight and was super nice plus helpful. Her left side must be the evil one. Big wins all around for the pink Pachster.

May mates, I will answer your lovely PMs soon, I promise. Looking forward to getting more time in the eve to write out my thoughts. Already way past my bedtime, just winding down for a while to get sleepy. Ok, now I am. Big, snuggly hugs of love to all of you. 'Night!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

yo! or as they say in Vegas, yoooooooooo! (play craps and you will see what I mean....)

We are all dealing with extremely stressful lives in facing our quits, so it is not surprising to me that we get our quills out or feathers ruffled from time to time...frankly I am surprised it hasn't happened more often! The worst outcome would be if OLL and / or Sas stopped posting. You guys think a little quarrel will stop us from coming round?!?!...ha, you just try to get rid of me!! Rowr.

I am kinda nervous about how to handle a goodbye happy hour next week. It's for a good friend leaving the company and I would like to support him and i know he would be thrilled for me to show up. But I have struggled with not remaining sober with this group in the past, mostly because I don't want to be a "party-pooper" and not order an alcoholic beverage. Funny how the party pooper thing I attribute more to not partaking vs. the good possibility that if I do drink I would definitely poop all over the party figuratively speaking of course....
I want to find a way I can go and not be pressured into ordering the beer. Grr. No need for you guys to help me solve this, I know there are many options including just not going. It just helps to share what is going on with me and issues I'm dealing with in not slipping....it is 8 days away and I have plenty of time until then.

Thanks for all the kudos. kudos to each and every one of you here and a big kitty head-butt....
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

From time to time things happen in threads like these.
It really is in everyone's best interests to draw a line now and forget it.

Remember the important thing guys. Recovery.
It really is bigger than any one of us

D
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee... hugs to you. Feel free to fling summer towards the US anytime you are done with it....
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's all yours - I'm done with it KC lol

D
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Right my lovely May friends...... Time to move on!!!!!

In my quest to keep ultra-busy and forget everything that is the least bit painful....I went to a keep-fit class last night.... Oh my God!!! There are no words to describe the torture that I put my body through. And this is supposed to be good for me??!! Please!

Kitty-I went through something similar before Christmas. I went to my lovely friends retirement drink up with my old crowd. I just kept in my mind that I was not going to drink, no matter what. I drove, I refused to stay the night, I told people I wasn't drinking, I stuck close to SR, and it went ok. You will do the same. You don't drink any more and there's nothing that can make you. That's the end of it xxx

Em-I'm happy to share my experience of steps 1and 2 if you want to PM me. I won't bore everyone here with AA talk, but I'm happy to help you if I can xxx

I love you all loads. I've got a busy and challenging day ahead work wise so plenty to stop my thoughts wandering onto scary things.

Dee-you are the best.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey May mates,
Just got home from work. What a night... It was a full moon and people were crazy as he!! tonight. I sure am glad to be home. Just relaxing before I head to sleep. I have the next 3 nights off unless they call me in for OT on friday. Time to get back to exercising now that I'm feeling better. Also want to get out on the kayak to fish in the bay one day this week. I hope everyone is doing well.

image-1637523807.jpg
Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
From time to time things happen in threads like these.
It really is in everyone's best interests to draw a line now and forget it.

Remember the important thing guys. Recovery.
It really is bigger than any one of us

D
Agreed, hallelujah, and amen to that.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey SR.

I'm here, but I am coming down with something. Sore throat, temperature and all the usual pains. Sorry for my absence but I think I'll be off and on for a bit while I recover.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning, Mayans!

I'm so happy to see things get back to normal "business" on the thread!

FP, that pic is hilarious!

And Rock buddy, your pic is a great way to start the day :-)

Kittycat, whatever you decide about the upcoming event, I'm sure you will handle it. You have been doing so well! Thanks for your wonderful support for all :-)

Jeni, your description of your keep-fit class was great :-)

Bloss, sorry to hear your son lost his job. That is so depressingly common these days. I hope he can keep his spirits up and find something soon.

OLL, a to do list for the summer sounds like a good organizing tool. It sounds like you are nearing the end of your major home renovations and that must feel good.

SoberJane, sorry to hear you're coming down with something. Feel better soon!

Em, I'm looking forward to reading more of your inspirational posts soon. I hope you are well!

Lee, I think of you and hope you are still in that wonderful sober state!

Dee, thank you for your wise and practical words and for helping us to stay on track.

I will be posting but perhaps a little less than usual as I get my brain back into balance after winter's toll. Winter depression does not leave me at my best.

Have a great day, friends!

Sas
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

FP, sounds like more than a small victory in the orchestra department! Yay for you! How your workweek stays productive so you can enjoy your weekend!
Kitty, I think it's great your posting ahead of time about your concerns related to the goodbye happy hour. I have always found that being aware ahead of time, acknowledging it, and posting it out helps. If I can offer anything, it would be to read here right before, keep us close on your phone if you can, go in and order a soda with authority and always have it in your hand so they're less likely to offer you a drink. Have a quick nonchalant excuse and an escape route handy. You can do it! Or you can not go. You'll make the right decision.
Jeni, I'm so happy to hear you went to a fitness class! I laughed out loud at your evaluation of it!
HRB the kayaking and fishing sounds awesome! I hear you on needing to get back into the exercise.
SJD I hope you can rest up and feel better soon! Please stay as close as you can and/or come back soon!
Bloss I think I may have missed congratulating you on 10 months! So Grats!!
Just plugging through another day here. Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I can barely walk tonight, and my arms ache. Is this seriously what 'getting fit' is all about?

The last exercise I did was probably a gentle game of badminton about 20 years ago, or floating around a pool, this was 'boot camp'!!

The guy running it was young enough to be my son, and sauntered along doing the routine whilst yelling out instructions. I tried various ways to cheat, but he would stop the class and patiently explain to me where I was going wrong. I mean, how disrespectful is that? He could have turned a blind eye. Luckily there were a few women my age who also looked half dead by the end of it. He would allow us to stop for 30 second breaks to sip water but we weren't allowed to sit down at all.

My son came with me ( super fit, does sport 4 times a week), and he kept winking at me from across the room. I would have kicked him had I got the energy to walk over to him!!

Well, it did distract me from my anxieties for an hour at least so I suppose it was worth it. Did nothing for my insomnia mind you.

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Jeni,

I wish I could have been there to see that gym session! You don't do things half-way, do you? You couldn't have just started with something gentler? <grin>

Can you move without pain at all today?

s
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Nope.

H has just got in from work and raised an eyebrow at me because its hurting to hold my iPad. I think he's thought better of asking me what's for dinner....
Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

(evil grin)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Way to go Jeni!
By the way I will jog 7 miles but you will not catch me in a cross fit class... That's hard core!

You will be very sore for a few days, but each time it will get less. I know when i started back working out I had to wash my hair by moving my head, not my arms.

Maybe you can get hubby to give you a massage
Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well I never do anything by halves...not my style!

You run 7 miles?! You do know cars have been invented don't you?!?

A massage sounds nice. But I've got to try and walk upstairs first!x