Notices

The Newbie Bus Part 36

Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hi busies,

OMG do I have a story for you. Now I have been gone for a few days and I thought one of you might have noticed cause I was waiting & waiting for one of my busies to bail me out of jail. So I wanted to see all that gold and so I was walking around and I saw some workers going into Fort Knox and I thought hmm well I bet if I could get over to the work truck and then put on a carpenter's outfit I could pretend I was one of the crew? Oops not such a good plan they found me taking a nap in one of the rooms with glistening gold everywhere. You can guess the rest.
So while you guys & gals were enjoying getting pampered and the yummy feast I was sitting in jail with thief's & murderous
So in court the judge told me I could go if I promised never to set foot in Kentucky again. SO I have to leave pronto unless of course I want to go back to the hotel bars. (Great story thank God its only in my head lol)

Ang hope to see you back again but if you are not as bizarre as some of us are I doubt we will? But I sure hope so cause the more the merrier.

So whats up busies?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good idea HD3 we can do a spot of sight seeing on the trip round.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

newby I am so glad your out and with us.. I thought maybe since we got back to the states you went back to the west coast to kill a old noisey neighbor glad you just wanted some gold.. LOL...

You will be okay hiding in the back woods. We will keep an eye on you and we wont let them put you back in the slammer..

As we hide our fugitive and stay here, anyone got a idea where you would like to go next. I thought maybe tomorrow we could head on out of here and down to the mayhem of New Orleans. Never been there sober, let alone Mardi Gras.. Just a thought , please let me know how my driving has been thus far..
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi Bussies!

I believe I've been sleeping again. Where are we going now? Is it still Tibet?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I thought I heard lots of sirens a day or two ago Newby. Glad you are out of the hooskow (spelling?). I guess we better get you outta here.

I'm down with N'awlins HD3. Love me some red beans and rice and a nice muffaletta snadwich or PO' boy.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

newb, be sure to keep the frat-brat off the train

and here gracy

the Goulet version

Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

HEYYYYYYYYYY Newb! I was wondering what the heck hadf happened to my sweet innocent friend! But with me using my dirn phone I miss so much!!!! Grrrr. So glad you are back from jail! I bet that was a scary event! I have only experienced it once....well about halfway through experienced it and the end of course cause the first (however long) I was a blackout then gray out then OMG what have I done mix. So glad those stupid ridiculous days are GONE! I hope they are for you now too Miss THIEF! I am watching my stuff from here on out! I got some kool clothes Gracie made me and no way are those sticky fingers getting near them lol! All kidding aside I know life can sneak up just soooo glad you are BACK! Besides this CRAZY bus is named after YOU! BTW way outta Tibet now! Our new tour guide is HD cause MB keeps falling asleep.... I am not sure how it happened but one day HD just took the reigns and told us all to shut up then just started posting all these pics I think I was in for a close second...now that would have been a ride alright; I cant imagine where we would be now! HA

Gracie - How are my new digs coming along? I like the hat but can definiatly tell that was a first attempt with the straw. I will cut you a break JUST this time now do a bit better on my western pearl button flannel!

TT - SHARE SHARE SHARE!!!!!!!! That meal sounds AMAZING!

Good pics HD I am using a computer and can finally see all the pics and all of our conversations. Makes me so happy! These little things make my day! You are doing a good job with the tours but seriously where the heck did you learn to drive ?!!?!?!?!

Weeeeellllllllllllllll happy sober day all!!! Another one for the books!~ Now it is time to get some rest for another 24. Sometimes I miss my baby camels!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Rusty you snuck in there!

HI!!! Thats all I got cause i have no idea where that came from and I could be reading for days through the pages....

When theres a lot of wind I just scream DDDDOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I learned to drive when I was a child, sitting on my dad's lap.. I told you about running thru the barn door and also the lamp post stepping.

And besides I havent driven in over 28 months, it takes some getting used to.

Great fun, glad you woke up for a sec MB. And I think we will hit the road to NO tomorrow morning..

Gracey get busy , you have to be on your game for our Mardi Gras outfits..

Good nite all.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
part time member

hello....just passing thru...still working on that first step....

Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hi busies,

MB Tibet my lord you must not have read the story we are in Kentucky near Fort Knox but if I read the posts right I think we are going to head out and got to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I was there once a long time ago but not for Mardi Gras. Me and one of my exes took off from FLA in his van and we were driving back to Colo. We stopped there for about a week. The town was fun but in the heat of the day it stinks of stale beer and pee. Its also a rather big partying town but I am sure with all of us sticking together we will be just fine.
I am staying up late tonight cause frat boy is up to his shanagins again so I am placing my cell phone against my wall on record and I am trying to tape the noise. I have been trying for 3 nights with no success. I even went and bought a tape recorder but that wasn't picking up the banging either. I swear this guy is going to drive me to the friggen loony bin
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

LTT, that first step is a doozey!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Bussites

Newby, we were posting at the same time yesterday. Glad you're out, er I mean back! I did send you a cake with a file inside! Anyway, don't you be worrying, I'll knit you a disguise. Hey and you won't believe this but I have a neighbour like that too! One of these day I'm gonna >>>>>>>>>>> you'll see.

H.D3, don't we have to drive over some crazy bridge with drunk drivers and with bears and 'gator's underneath to get to New Orleans? I could be wrong, I usually am.

Good to see you back with us Midnight, or shall we start calling you Rip Van Winkle? Seriously, I hope you are well. xx

Hi TTBABP, sounds like a tasty little snack.

Thanks for that clip Rusty, it's a relief to know I wasn't hallucinating, knew I'd heard of it somewhere!

I'll do my best Stepping, the best I can.

Hi Lovestotravel, welcome and I hope you travel back this way.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Wow Rusty – Robert Goulet. I have not thought of him in years. He was very young in that clip. He had some voice.

Hey step – maybe you could replace your camels with Nutria. I hear New Orleans has tons. Of course they are sorta REALLY BIG rats!

HD- just keeps your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road and I am sure it will be SMOOOOOOOTH sailing.

Welcome Lovestotravel - great to have you on board.

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post
... but in the heat of the day it stinks of stale beer and pee
That’s some description newb. I do agree 100% that if we stick together - we’ll do fine.

Hey Gracy – no matter where we go – you get LOTS of work. I’ll be happy to be the bus jester at Mardi Gras if you can knit the outfit (like I said always work for Grace) That’s what happens when you are talented.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hi Love (Welcome) Lovestotravel you are in the right place if the screen name matches your desires. We are off to New Orleans now. Our little Grace will be knitting us tube tops for NO OK Grace?

Newb - I have had my share of LOUD neighbors in my days and they can be so annoying! I feel for you girl!

Well happy sober day. Let's all stick together today. There is going to be a lot of partying going on here. Let's stay sober TOGETHER!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Newby, I'll get cracking on that outfit tonight. Oh I have many talents, some of which are best forgotten about!!!!

You and your tube tops Stepping, don't think I've quite got the figure for one myself.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

The Atchafalaya Bridge, that's what it's called. Do we have to go over it? believe it is legendary. Can we trust you on there HD3?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Bussies!

So, we are on the way to New Orleans. Great!

Grace - you are so right, I've been feeling recently exactly like Rip Van Winkle) But I will be wide awake and ready for Mardi Gras!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

You all are the best... Yes we will be more than okay, we can show these people that WE can have fun sober and together..

And well done on the bridge Grace. We will cross it out of town going west... And its 20 miles just above the swamp.. It really is kinda cool, i remember going over it many times looking down at the swamp, dirt roads, ect and just wondering what it was like down there.

Fat Tuesday lets stick together and have some fun..

Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Great Pics, HP! I'm looking forward to Mardi Gras!