Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 5"... Come & encourage them!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

08.45 Tue
3c

Good Morning Under 30's
I'm posting from work today so apologies to anyone I may miss, I have to keep this page as minimal as possible.
It's a really horrible, icy cold day, dark and gloomy and it keeps trying to snow. We had a spectacular thunder storm last night with showers of hailstones! 'Slippy road/skid' warning notices at the side of the roads when I was driving into work, so not good!

Aems, I can't view your link in work but I'll have a look from home this evening if I get chance.

Hi Hoyland, a very big welcome to our group, you'll get lots of support and friendship here. Sorry to hear that you are finding things tough, I've been sober approximately the same lengh of time as you, maybe a bit longer, so if you'd like to say what's bothering you perhaps we could give you some ideas of how to get through your difficult days.

Tazzle, sounds like you had a really good weekend, I wouldn't worry too much about the diet going to pot, we are entitled to live and enjoy ourselves. I concentrated on staying sober first and now I've started a healthy eating regime, trying to fit some exercise in when I can. When you get some ideas on keeping your husband motivated on his diet and excercise, let me know, I could do with some ideas for mine. Lol.

Wifi, so sorry you're having a rough time at the moment, I know how hard it is, but you're right, drinking yourself into oblivion won't change anything or make you feel better. Alcohol isn't the answer. Don't beat yourself up about slipping, look at all the sober days you've notched up, the slip is just a little notch. Stay strong, stay with us, we're all with you.

Hi Stark, I don't think I could do what you've been doing, spending my evenings in bars, you're really testing yourself, or maybe even punishing yourself, I'm not sure, but you're not making giving up alchohol easier for yourself.
Definitely a good idea to throw yourself into some other interests.

Hi Benice, you have a good day too.

Rose, welcome to the under 30's and congratulations on day 1. Be kind to yourself, eat as well as you can, drink lots of water to re-hydrate, keep as busy as you can to keep your mind occupied and read and post on S.R as much as you can. You're amongst friends all on the same journey so you're not alone. Are you going to A.A or getting any other help?

Better go and do a bit of work now.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today, I will laugh more, and complain less.
Just for today, I will not only count, but see, my blessings. I will remember that home is where my heart is.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome hoyland and rose

D
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey guys, great to see some new names here I am up to day 36 I think.

I got my assignment in, and some results from the last two - a Distinction on one, and a High Distinction on the other (only my second ever HD). Wow, not drinking makes a big difference to my grades!!!

One more assignment to go, hand up is on Monday, then I get a break.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Alice

D
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Alice, that is brilliant, well done you.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

As always, I love your post Grace. So today I will complain less.

Welcome holyland and rose!

Alice, fabulous on the grades!!! You go girl!!!

I am going to finally add exercise to my goals. On the elliptical now...ready set go!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thank you Benice, I bet you don't do much complaining anyway. xx
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Hoyland and Rose
Alice! yeay! well done
Hi Wifi, dont beat yourself up at being back at day one, think of what a learning curve this has been. Perhaps you needed to go through this to realise what you have to do to keep yourself safe, sane and sober.
Stark, It sounds like you are being strong right now, so perhaps it is time to look for things to do and places to go where alcohol is not the priority. Also perhaps time to seek out new, or non drinking friends. I know from experience that drunks hate a sober friend, it is like you are holding up a mirror to them and they will not like what they see. Remember, misery loves company.
Tazzle, aw, thank you!
To everyone else, be strong, be safe, be sober.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Oh no, it's snowing! Yuck.

Good advice there Toots
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
rmr

Great advice

Toots,

Great advice. I am sober 2 days and new to Sober Recovery Forum but glad to be here.

My moment of clarity was yesterday morning when I was being told that I started a fight with a stranger for no reason, did inappropriate things to my brothers girlfriend (I'm a married straight woman) and chased everyone out of my house. I blacked out and realized that this is no way to live. In the fog of having to drink everyday all the time.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

welcome rmr to SR. you will find a world of support here, no judgements or condemnation from anyone. In fact I for one when I read posts from others I find myself nodding my head saying "yup, Ive done that, been there". Very safe place to be, glad you found us.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi all checking in, back to day 2.

Things are a little wierd at home... I left on Friday and went to visit a cousin in Havasu (5 hour drive) on Fri-Sat night... He's a total alchie/druggie so I could only put up with him for about a day (32 going on 12)...

Anyhow she pretty much hasn't talked to me much since. I came home last night from work and she was crying and I asked what was wrong and she said to just give her some space and leave her alone... First thought... You guessed it, but I resisted and just let it go. I did some online searches and found a general consensus that I shouldn't play into it. Just let it ride and when she is ready to talk she will come to me...

So that pretty much sums it up for me... Not sure what we are going to do with my boy as I doubt she's going to let me boot him on the 16th being that I just went out and had a party weekend with my cousin... Who knows... I think it's time to sit back and watch a bunch of movies and let things kind of settle down for a while. I'm not really in a position to stir the pot and honestly the drinking over the weekend truly disgusted me.

Welcome to the new folks - rmr, Rose123, hoyland, Nouble, UB3. This is an awesome place to be with a lot of support and nobody will kick you when your down!

Big "SHOUT OUT" - Grace, tootsl1, AliceTW, Midnight, Tazzle, Courage, Rochele, Stark6935, Dee, benice, Aems and anyone I may have inadvertantly missed...

Have a safe and sober day everyone!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Wifi, good to hear from you. I think you're right a bit of space is maybe what you both need right now. Time to think and sort your heads out a bit.
Just concentrate on you for now and on staying sober. Take care.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

glad your back wifi- I feel I can understand your situation, it is similar as mine with step son and his wife. Hubby and I have had several "discussions" regarding their behavior, and stepping back to let events roll out on their own, istead of me trying to push them the direction I have envisioned has saved me a universe of grief. Sometimes it was so hard, the bottle was definatley no help, altho I didnt know it at the time. Remember you cannot control choices others make, only yours. Stay strong and close my friend.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me. Feeling really discombobulated. Been crying a lot since the day I over did it and had to take those Norco for the pain. Crying always gives me that discombobulated feeling. Kinda feeling depressed, lethargic, weepy. I hate it. Glad I don't have any meds in the house. I keep telling myself that this is only temporary and that better days are ahead. Trying to keep my vision for my future in the front of my thoughts but in all honesty I'm feeling like a real loser today. Sheesh! Hope tomorrow is better than today. Only way I can find out is if I get there. Have a good day all. If the sun is shining in your neck of the woods, get out in it and absorb some of that Vitamin D. Pronto!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just got out of work and drove past all the places that sell beer. I didn't even think of pulling over to buy beer.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wifi - maybe it's time to put the focus back on you, for now?

You know how they say on planes for parents to put their oxygen masks on first, so that whatever happens they'll be capable of helping those in their charge?

I think that applies here, man.

D
Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Aems, sorry you're feeling so low. When i feel weepy, which is rare, i get into a hot bath and just allowmyself to sob my heart out. It can be cathartic. As for baring my neck to the sun, hypothermia would set in today!! Lol
Hey wifi good advice there from Dee, as ever. Relationships can be like walking through treacle whilst trying to knit fog. If ever want to pm please do
Wwg its funny isnt it how easily we can break those bad habits when the AV isnt in control. Stay strong buddy

To the newbies posting, just reading and those who havent yet managed to break the pattern, stay here. As tazzle beautifully put it, you have total non judgemental support here. If falling off the waggon was an olympic event, there would be more gold here than in fort knox! Be strong be safe be sober
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the grats guys
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

08.50 Wed

Morning Unders, top of the Hill day today and it's warmed up a little here. It's 5.0 c, still feels very cold to me. I'm in work right now having a cup of tea before I start. I didn't sleep very well last night, I remember looking at the clock and it was 02.15 but I refused to let myself get up. I'm feeling okay now but no doubt I'll be having the three o clock slump early today.

Hi Tazzle, some good advice given there. I have a similar situation too with my son, but like you say sometimes we have to step back, we can't live their lives for them, they have to learn from their own mistakes.

Aems, (( big hugs)) sorry you were feeling down in the dumps yesterday. I love that word discombobsiwhatsit's, I can't even say it! You've done really, really well and you are still in very early days, you will get off days, we get them whether we are using/drinking or whatever, it's all part of the emotional roller coaster of recovery. Just take it easy for a few days, remember baby steps not great big strides. Listen to your bodies needs and just be kind to yourself.

WWG, you're doing fantastic, keep on going and well done. Hold your head up high.

Hi Dee. ''You know how they say on planes for parents to put their oxygen masks on first, so that whatever happens they'll be capable of helping those in their charge?'' I love that, thanks, I'll have to note that for future reference.

Toots, I love your phrase too re knitting fog, just love it.

Morning Alice, you're welcome, have a great day.

Going to do a spot of work now

Stay safe and sober unders
Just for today, I will not belittle myself; Goodness knows, there are plenty of others To do that for me. Just for today, I will remember that in belittling myself, I belittle the One who made me