Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 5"... Come & encourage them!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
ub3

Ive got 28 days...
Its not that long since i crawled out my dark cave
Lazzurus risen from the grave...
Vulnerable and Brave
Haunted by these demons in my brain...
I sit and lie awake
I think of all the mistakes i've made
Im still leaving yesterday...
Ive got so much and nothing to say
by any means necessary man i got to find a way
Out of this... lack of spiritual practices
Dirty bed sheets on my matrice
Karma coma crisis its getting worse
rewind my life let me rehears let me reverse...

This is my rap i wrote when i was 28 days before i hope and pray this is the last time...
I just graduated today from my day program...I had my Brother and my Daughter come and support me it was powerfully moving....ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Ub3...Really really nice post...Great you could share the day with your family.

Keep posting.

Jim
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
cb1

all the posts in this thread are so wonderful and supportive!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

22.30 Fri

Popping in to say goodnight.

Woo hoo Jim, a fortnight tomorrow, kudos, keep it up, you know you can do it, I know you can do it!

UB3, that's a really meaningful poem, very thought provoking. Congrats on your graduation, Upwards and onwards is the way to go.

Hi CB1, welcome to this group, good to see you posting here.

Have a good weekend all of you.

Back tomorrow

Night night

Gxxxx
Old 03-08-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hold on tight this weekend everyone! Let your sober self take the wheel, literally and figuratively. I can't tell you the sights you will see on your journey but I can promise you it will make every thing you do now seem a small price to pay in exchange for the trip of a lifetime.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
ub3

Had a brutal night being reminded how much i have lost ...this I cannot escape...I have lost some very influential friends...That have really made it in life...BIG TIME...and it hurts to not be part of their journey...They dont want to know me no more...with their big lives in the Hollywood hills...touring the globe...and i feel a deep sense of loss...Stuck here in South London with my **** Life on the dole...Luckily there is a way out...there ******* better be...went to a great meeting and heard a powerful chair...which helped ease the pain of my present situation
Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me, so far so good. Beautiful day out..went for 45 min power walk, just absorbing the sun and the beauty of God's creation. Feeling blessed beyond what I deserve.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

These early days are like tightrope walking.

To succeed, you must focus only on your goal. Don't look around and compare yourself to others. Don't look down.

Keep your eye on your goal while being present with each step. If you are not present, you're much more likely to fall. You won't notice you're losing your balance until it is too late to prevent the fall.

Focus on what you're doing. Don't let your mind wander. You must trust, that each step will add to the others and will be enough.

Do your part. Your part is to not drink. Do that. Let the rest fall into place. When you take your place, it will.

You can do this!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all...Sunday a.m....Feeling good. Day 15

Thanks Grace and Eternal.

MrsS..Nice to see you on day 6 and posting...

Ub3..You post makes me feel sad and hopeful. You seem to have regrets about your past, but you seem to be growing in ways that count, based on what I have read.

I know nothing about the lives of 'successful' people except that many of them seem to be unsatisfied with what they have. That is not really success. Sometimes when I feel really down I just look at what I have and am thankful..Not a what mistakes I made and what I could have had. Made some bad decisions that have cost be $$. WHen I think like this it gives an empty feeling.

Happiness, contentment, ect all starts inside. A cliche I know, but true none the less. Look forward, not past.

Not sure if this helps. Have a sober day.

Jim
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Well said Jim. When I feel envious of others, I ask myself if I want the trappings that come with the object of my envy? Do I want that persons job? A similar spouse? All those possessions they might have consuming their life? Lots of times the answer is no.

A life on the outside that doesn't match my core inner values on the inside would leave me alienated and spiritually empty. I, too, could give a looong list of regretful decisions and behaviors that I chose because through becoming addicted i let alcohol become my primary value. I put it before everything. And what you put before sobriety you lose.

The other thing is, this road of regret for me is actually a road of self pity, which is the road to Perdition for me. You know the saying.... "poor me, poor me, pour me another drink!" I must be vigilant to avoid self pity because it's the fast track to relapse. And the road of regret intersects with self pity street.

One way I stay away from that is posting gratitudes on the grat threads twice daily. My self pity is so subtle and entrenched that I am still stepping in it after a year. The grats help me see it and stop it. If you haven't tried it, give it a try.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Monday am....Day 16...hanging in there. 2 week end in a row..

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jim
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day 8, made it through the weekend. Stayed busy, so didnt really have time to sit down and talk myself into/out of drinking. Went to church, spent quality time with family, worked out. If I were drinking, none of this would have gone on. Grateful for another sober morning
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Just been having a hard time getting back on track. Going to start again today. I wish I knew of a good way to deal with stress. It is my worst trigger.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

MrsS...Congratulations on day 8!...Weekends are the hardest for me.

Aems..stress is definitely a trigger... lately I've been going for a lot of walks to clear my head and stay 'centered'.

Jim
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Aems, know EXACTLY how you feel, you are not alone. I'm so glad you are starting again, and not giving up. Like Jim, I have been doing a lot of walking and it really has helped in regards to stress and general restlessness. Talking, sharing about what Im feeling is helping also, I think.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi everybody

This is the first chance I've had to check in here since Saturday, just busy with one thing and another, plus it was Mother's day here yesterday and we had a house full.
I hope you've all had a good, sober weekend and are ready to take on another week.

Eternal, two lovely posts from you with lots of good advice as usual. Thank you.

UB3, your influential friends can't really be true friends if they didn't support you in your battle, you will make it without them, what's meant to be is meant to be and who knows what's round the corner waiting for you, you may be destined for something better.

MrsS, you're sounding very positive and upbeat. You're doing well, so keep on doing what you're doing.

Jim, day 16 is awesome, I know you can do this, you are doing it. That was a really good post too re UB3's post, excellent words and so true.

Aems, please don't be so hard on yourself, you have done really well, look at all the clean, sober days you have totted up compared to these few bad days. Just take it one day at a time, just baby steps, no more than that. You will do it. Stress is my big trigger too, but I can tell you for sure that I deal a lot better with it these days.

Stay safe and sober Unders

Back later

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Over the years I relapsed so many times. Felt like there was no way out of drinking for me. So far, this time, I am still sober. I try not to think too far ahead, always got me drunk in the past. I just get up each day and say for today nothing, no thought I have, no person, no situation will get to me.

In the past months I have had a few times where I just about gave in...made me scared, angry at myself. What is wrong with me, I have been hospitalized from drinking a toxic amount of alcohol, I have injured myself numerous times, lost several opportunities in life due to drinking and I still have this "hazy" thought: who cares, drink, does it really matter. These are thoughts which come upon me at random times...

I have accepted this is my journey, these thoughts obviously are not going to magically disappear. So, I recognize the thought for what it is (my addiction) and let it slide away. I don't beat myself up anymore, because when I put myself down, I felt unworthy of sobriety. We all deserve to not hurt ourselves and have a sober life.

Take care everyone and just focus on today, be kind to the most important person, yourself.
Bloss
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

That's a lovely post Bloss, thank you so much for sharing it here.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

09.40 Tue

Good morning you lot, where are you all?

I woke up this morning to a light blanket of snow outside!! It's hard to believe that last Tuesday I was out in the garden clearing all the dead wood and tidying up in general and the sun was shining warmly down!!

Anyway, seeing as its quiet here yet, I'll go and catch up on my other posts.

Back later when I hope to see more of you or at least some of you.

Stay safe and sober.

GXX

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi all! It is Tuesday. Remember, Tuesdays are sober days OK? Don't forget!

All days that end in a "y" is an easy way to remember which days are sober days. That's a little nemonic device for you if you forget! ; )