Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 10

Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks M! Yeah no sweat, I have to give up and just do it. I will be fine with whatever. I just hope I can get back to long walks with the pups. This came on within a month, not gradually. But it is what it is. I have medical so CAN do what can be done. So many in the world can't.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Lofty.....I am sorry you feel so conflicted. all I can share is this.....sobriety has given me the space to try to find a life that I am content living, a me that I am almost content to sit with alone at night(still working on that!) and more opportunities than I could have had drunk. But life still goes on, shyte still happens that is the nature of the beast, but sober I have a better chance. And I love love love the fact that I DO live in today now, I get to enjoy the most magnificent sunsets or cobwebs laced with dew early in the morning, and I look forward to my boy waking me up in the morning! I never did before. I hope you find your contentment with a sober life.

Mirage....I am sending healing thoughts to you. Hugs

Whoop azzzz online huh R&A? Not needed. I am the only one who controls my actions.....so if some douchebag presents himself its up to me to realise! I wish I were not so honest and open......but they are qualities that I will not allow to be beaten out of me despite a disappointment or two in this life. Live and learn..........
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh.....and Itchy hun.....sorry to hear that! I hope it all goes well and I have always appreciated your "silver lining" attitude!!! hugs
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes to you Itchy - I know whatever comes you'll face it and smile

Good to see you Lofty - I have nothing to add that hasn't been said here already, I don't think.

I just know that being in recovery didn't make my life any easier - but it made me better.

I feel like, for want of better words, a child of God again...and for that I'm eternally thankful...for a lot of years, I squandered a lot of the things I was given.

there's no fooling myself here - life is not as it used to be, but man it's better...

it's not a sprint, but what worthwhile thing is?

still on sick parade guys - I'll catch up properly when I get back.

D
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
instant

And so on we go.........together
Old 01-25-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

glad your not on the pot itch, good wishes if you have the surgery ,

and if you may need a ramp, cant wait to see that high-tech baby
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Best of luck with the surgery, Itchy. I'm sure you'll be walkin' with the pups again in no time!

Best wishes to all the rest of you who may be under the weather these days.

Have a great weekend, all!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Itchy - I do hope you are seeing a top doctor for this stuff? Not to sound like NYC is the center of the universe, but when I had a neck injury, I went to Hospital for Special Surgery. They were able to fix it without surgery (required some very nasty/scary injections into vertebrae of my neck though)

I played "sick" yesterday from work and skipped all conference calls. I am having a bit of a guilt hangover from it today and am feeling extremely anxious. I rarely do such a thing, but I threw my hands up in disgust at the whole company yesterday, dug my heals in and said "I'm not working today".
These actions used to be easy. Now they throw me for a loop. I guess it isn't sober behavior. Anyway, paying for it today mentally by beating myself up.

TGIF
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Itchy, I'll be sending positive vibes for you to be out enjoying walking with your puppers on your property, pain free, enjoying the day. ********}}}}
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Itchy, love your positive attitude! I wish you the best as you go through this health issue.

pip, sometimes we have to take a mental health day. Don't be so hard on yourself!

I hope all have a great weekend. ****{hugs}}} to all.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Good morning Overs,

I just was writing out this long old post and whatever button my finger slipped to made it go poof, darn it anyway.

I think I am going to have to take my beloved Princess to the vet. She seems to be getting sick a lot at first it was after she ate and then last night it was even after drinking water. I am not sure if its hairballs although I haven't seen any coming up, or even any sign what-so-ever. Anyway better safe than to be sorry.

Itchy so sorry to hear of your ailment, and if I was more construction orientated I would come and build you that ramp myself. But seeing as though I hit my finger numerous times just hanging pictures I am thinking you would be a whole lot better off letting someone who knows what they are doing, do it.

mirage every time I see your avi I chuckle cause the doggy is so darn cute. I also chuckled when I read your stat 97.2% of the time. Lol I guess I am just easily amused some days.

Lofty you have been in my thoughts and prayers lately so I hope you are doing okay? Please come by and let us know what's going on? I also know that the forum for 30 days and under is an awesome place and I was thinking maybe you might find some more support there to? Just a thought..

Pip kablume took the words right out of my mouth about every now and then everyone needs a mental health day so chill the world didn't end cause you took a break :ghug3

Have a great weekend all.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks all,
I will be fine regardless. Let's remember it is because of a life well lived riding and breaking horses before age 13, riding motorcycles, hot cars, climbing rocks and mountains, jumping off snow covered mountain peaks with planks strapped to my feet, various sports and diving. A long military career, traveling in underdeveloped countries, off roading, and taking a lot of tumbles intended and otherwise. I rode this body hard and put it up wet thousand of times. Just a little frame damage that needs to be welded and braced. To be expected with any frame with millions of miles on it. Pretty good condition actually for a classic 1952 model daily driver.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Nice outlook Itchy. It sounds like you've led a very full and interesting life!
Pip, stop beating yourself up RIGHT NOW. We all deserve days off, the company got on FINE without you, (believe it or not) and it is SO not worth it to feel guilty about that!
Purple cat, you are so strong to be living with an active alcoholic. I really admire that.
Newby I hope Princess is okay!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Ha, thanks Newby, Roxie's a keeper. She's pretty much 1/3 stuffed animal, 1/3 cat and 1/3 dog. She pretty much just lays around, looks cute and never barks. (Cat part.) You can pick her up and do anything with her. Put her on your back, hold her over your head..she doesn't care. That's the stuffed animal part. (It's almost strange.) The dog part is that she does still poop like a dog. lol

You do have a great attitude, Itchy. I loved the description of your life, how cool. Best of luck to you when surgery time comes along.

Pip..no worries! IP is right, there's no point in putting any energy into feeling bad about your mental health day. It's ok. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy your well deserved weekend.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
instant

itchy that's a helluva ride you have had. I admire your grit.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey folks gotta do the frame repairs to put some more miles on it. I am just a bit easier on it but no less adventurous.

Instant,
I haven't worked a day in my life, it was all fun, even the tough days as I am still here. The only bad in my life that I could not improvise, adapt and overcome, or walk away from, was self inflicted with letting myself get addicted to alcohol. Now that is done. I think with some maintenance, the old chassis might have some life left in it. I see the neurosurgeon on Monday morn to plan what is first, and when. Before you admire my grit bear in mind I had to get rid of a three inch yellow stripe I had on my back for ten years now until it was removed by events and reality.

Pip, hang loose or you will hang tight. We are over that now remember?

Newby thanks but I am not needing a ramp I hope! My SH though is a master interior trim carpenter, and my boys can do remodeling, I taught them all but the interior trim work. I hate trig! So we can build one if all fails and I roll that way. I hope your Precious is OK!! ( brings up the wrong mental image from movies)

Thanks Mirage,
Your pup sounds like a trip! At least not a yapper or nipper, and adorable to boot?

IP I am still living it.

K, yep!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee for coming off the sick leave for that!

Not on the pot RZ??

You too FBL, and Frances have a GREAT WEEKEND. I love your running to things now instead of away from them. You keep going, we'll be right along directly.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Had a run in with a huge a**hole who was really mean to me at a bar tonight when I was trying to film the band. I think I handled it okay, although not as gracefully as I would have liked to in retrospect, but I always take stuff like that to heart and it really bugs me. Like I feel guilty almost and like I deserved it. Takes forever to shake off stuff like that. I hate that. I get mad at myself for getting so mad. Rrrr!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning Overs,

I am up at an ungodly hour! Something woke me up at 3:30am thought maybe it was frat boy next door but there is no sign of life from over there so who knows. When I looked out my window though I saw the garage light on across the ally from me. Its one of those automatic ones that comes on if someone or something walks past it so maybe something outside? I guess it doesn't really matter cause now its after 4am and I am still up.

Took Princess to the vet and I felt so bad cause she was scared so bad, You see she is an indoors kitty so she is not used to the outside noises or being confined in a carrier and being airborne no less. I went and got her a really nice carrier at Pet Smart padding and all but it could have been that old plastic one she still would of been freaked. Anyhoo they said she was in pretty good health but they took blood & urine samples. Gave her a shot of antibiotic and send some home with us, Today I have to bring in a stool sample and trust me I am not really looking forward to that one. Lol. So now we just wait for the tests. He did say her tummy felt a little swollen but other than that he said he wasn't concerned. One thing that got me though is the tests they ran was a seniors panel and Princess is only 8. They said that is old for a cat? I know people talk about their cats and they are 15 or older. So just another thing to have to Google.
Thanks for all the well wishes, she is my buddy I really pray the tests will come back okay?
Have a wonderful Saturday all!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning!

Itchy thx for that awesome image of me running to things instead of away.

All my friends bailed on running so going to gym. It's 12f but gorgeously crisp and sunny.

Shake it off ip! I have that same problem. Don't take that shame, it's not ours!

Worked hard yesterday, sucked it up and got my writing work done. Muscles of all kinds need challenging