Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 10

Old 02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

RZ, I see you're separating hope and expectations. I get it. I like it.
Another miraculous sunny day. SAt on a cafe patio with my dog and my laptop and worked, it was lovely with the birds flying about and people walking by. I will miss this Life of Riley I'm living right now! It will be a rude awakening in April when I finish school, I'm afraid. But I'm excited to start looking for work, who knows where I'll end up!
Well how did it go Manz?
Instant that's funny what you wrote about the spider and very appropriate to your signature! Did you notice that?
Hi newwings welcome back.
Off to get some more work done, sheesh.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

yep, thats it IP

and thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I think you're in for a spring to remember, IP. How awesome to be starting out on this grand adventure, the world wide open... and armed with all the self-awareness that comes from this recovery business. You're going to thrive wherever you land.

Good to see you back here, newwings!

I spent the morning reliving the good old days—blinding headache, a gut in full revolt. Must have been food poisoning, came on so fast. (A pox upon us—second time it's struck our thread this month...) The worst was over by 9 a.m. though. I slept most of the day away. Finally got enough appetite tonight for sweet corn tamales, hold the hot sauce. Looking forward to more sleep. G'night, all.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Feel better, R&A.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

hmmm my post got eaten - get well soon R&A

D
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Re-Member

WB New Wings!

RZ,
Amen brother.

R&A!
Dang! That is two too many ptomaine type things happening here. Hope it passes quickly.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

RZ.... nice one

R&A....feel better soon huh, hugs to ya.

Newwings...welcome back

IP...you are just finishing and I am starting. Nice.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll............

Weeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee. I think just quietly I am in, only have to wait for the official letter. What a process though, they sprung on me an essay to write then and there, an online assessment and then an interview! They also told me they had decided that I was a NO before I came, but after meeting me it was a YES! Wow. Felt great.

Now the reality is setting in after reading the term outline, 3 x 3hr evening classes per week, one full Saturday/month, 3 3 day weekends..... all while working 4 days a week, etc........ whoah will I be busy!!!!

But anyway just for today.......
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
instant

IP you are right. Some time ago I came across the idea that everything I experience has a lesson in it- these little lessons are easily ignored. I figure if I can learn from the "micro" lessons then I am less likely to have to sit a sup ( supplementary exam) or have to repeat the class!!

As I learn to deal with the intricacies of the emotional state, I am paying attention (LOL)
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
instant

Manz glad you are getting what you wanted, power on
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

too right Instant

congrats Manz
D
Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Rock on Manz. It will be hard, but it will be worthwhile. It will be worth it.

Feel better R&A!

Off to NYC for a business conference. I am going to learn and meet people and show this community that I am the writer they are looking for to help them. I am strong, smart, brave. All is well. I'm going to have an amazing time. (And a little nervous.)

Playing the tape all the way to the end.....if I'm not having a good time, I. Can. Leave. LOL.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Frances...knock em dead

D
Old 02-20-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

R&A, hope you feel better soon! I know all too well how you feel right now.

Manz, congrats! Glad to see so many moving forward. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we're not chained down by alcohol.

Have a great week, all!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Manz!!

Good luck today, frances!

Welcome NW!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Wow, everyone's doing so great!
Way to go Manz! That's excellent news! Being busy is great-you will love it!
Good luck Frances! With your confidence you can't lose. Keep it up!
Oh crap you guys I took this job today with my neighbour who has a consultancy company---I'm sitting in on a three hour focus group and transcribing everything in real time-CRAP. I'm not entirely sure i'm a fast enough typer to do this job, I just took it because I'm desperate for money right now. I have to do well because he's been offering me a job when I graduate and if I look like an idiot today he might withdraw the offer! Which actually wouldn't be the end of the world because I don't want to be a consultant anyway I want to be a jet-setting magazine writer! (A job which barely exists anymore but NEVERMIND THAT. THINKING POSITIVELY.)
Wish me luck, ha ha. Spring break is flying by, argh!!!!!! Going to the states tomorrow to shop though! Yeee Haww!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP,
You go on! Shoot for the moon and you will likely make orbit in any case. Or make the moon. Kennedy once said something about people always naysaying and saying why, and he said he asks why not? If there is only one jet setting position open you better be in line with a great resume, starting with this job! you are building a foundation now and if you learn from each disappointment, as Instant said already so well, you will more than likely have fewer disappointments as you go.

Congrats Manz.

I am having a very bad couple of weeks. I seem to be having more anger issues going on. I started seeing another counselor to work through them. I have to admit I can't conquer it all, and be happy with what I can. It all goes back to what we have been discussing. I have let expectations rear their ugly heads, where for all of my life I lives with hopes and a smile or a grin while "bearing" it. I am catching myself ignoring rule 62, or plainly speaking taking myself too seriously. I have been under a lot of stress this past week with family issues with my oldest who will be 40 this year. I have resolved them for now.

Guess I can't pretend to superman all the time.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I promise myself to check for typos before the 15 minutes runs out. Aside from missing some caps because my tablet always puts them there for me, " I lives " instead of I lived is just too obvious.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

****{itch}}}
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Big hugs to you, Itchy. I think it's great that you identified a problem and sought help for it right away. What a healthy thing to do, good for you. Still..sorry you're having a rough go.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Itchy. Even Superman had his kryptonite.
I admire you for seeking help rather than grinning and bearing. You are wise.