Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 4

Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
Did she have her tail? My husband and I watched a Staff for a few months and always had bruises on our legs because of all the tail wagging she did. The tip of her tail was permanently swollen from all that wagging - she was constantly whipping it against things but it didn't stop her tail haha! We called her ol whippy tail lol.
Thank you so much kitkat, tazzle, TTBABP, ReadyatLast, Dee, mittens, bereherenow, Bernie, GirlfromCO, Elly40, Wifi, Courage and AliceTW for your comments, really appreciated and very kind of you all, thanks again.

She did have her tail yes, mainly the dogs that were docked in the UK were Rotties, Dobermans, Bulldogs and Boxers although some others were like Poodles. The UK made tail docking illegal about 4 or so years ago, the only docked dogs in the UK are imported now, mostly from Ireland.

Kia's tail wagging issues were peanuts next to the Boxer's - her tail is about 2 and a half foot long, 2 inches thick with muscle at the base, mounted about a foot higher and much more powerful, I get home from work in the evening and the kids need to stay clear to avoid getting whacked in the back! It's also exactly at coffee table height, got to be careful where you put your drinks glasses as if she walks past and wags a hello you can say goodbye to anything on that table! She's very timid and subdued at the moment, we got her as a young puppy 3 years ago and Kia was kind of a surrogate mum for her so I guess she's feeling a little lost today.

Got up early, thanked you all that I didn't get pissed last night so Day 35 today!

Drove to Bournemouth to pick up some new m/cycle gloves from a mate who's shop's just closed down so she's selling off the stock cheap. About to go for a walk with Sheba and Pixel then go view a house (looking to move in the spring) grab some lunch and then back home for the afternoon - big day tomorrow, taking the kids to London to meet up with Bro and Sis in Law, Mum & Dad to go see The Lion King stage show in The West End!

Thanks SR for all your help - yesterday would have seen a relapse for sure were it not for all the help and support I've found on here.

No turning back, no excuses, no rationalisation, no drinking, Mr AV (screaming right now) can get to f**k - I'm at the controls now!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Napster - LOL at the table high tail I have a large dog also and he is the same. His tail is a foot an a half long and can clear a table in one wag.

Enjoy the Lion King tomorrow - I love love love that show

Just saying goodnight, even though I posted a little while ago. Had a very long shower to ease the nerves. They really jump on you from no where! It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Sunday - today has felt so long, since I've been conscious fully the whole time. A good feeling.

Night folks.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Way to stay strong Napster. I have had you on my mind all day. I'm glad to hear you are hanging in there.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Napster, just saw the dog pics. What a curie!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

OMG... it just took me an hour to get through all of the posts!!
Nap.. Love the pics of your girl. Beautiful!! How are the other two doing now with her gone? They looked like such a close group.

Taz. We say the same thing in our house " Puppy pile"

Can't list everyone but to all who are struggling I send you strength. I just Love, Love, Love Saturday mornings with no hangover. That alcoholic mind is very cunning and deceptive. Mine has been trying to tell me lately that I was just a binge drinker so one drink here or there won't hurt. But I know once the crazy beast is let out who knows what can happen. Have a great weekend!! Off to Build-A-Bear with my daughter and then skiing tomorrow with the family.
Strength to all!!
God Bless
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by NapsteR1 View Post
... I'm at the controls now!
Love this portion from your post. I will carry this with me for days to come. Thanks so much.

Happy Saturday, ya'll....day 23 here. In a week I can get my 30 day chip, which means I can begin chairing meetings and the like. I like sobriety...a lot!

Hugs, Kat
Old 01-05-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Elly40 View Post
Just checking in, I was so close to throwing the last 6 days away today, triggers were everywhere. I fought it most of the evening. Today would have to be the hardest yet, knowing how much I'd hate myself in the morning and being full of regret was really the only thing that stopped me and even then, at times that didn't feel enough...But I did it.
Way to go, Elly. You made it through! I know that each time I face temptation and walk away, it strengthens my resolve to stay sober, makes me feel good about myself and reminds me I CAN DO THIS.

Have a super day.

Kat
Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, everyone--

Ready, Elly, Lifeanew -- you all sound strong and like you have good plans to help you stay that way!

Alice -- I know the days seem long sometimes -- no more blackouts to help time pass, LOL! I find that now some things I used to do carelessly (so I could go back to drinking), I take time over and do mindfully & with pleasure.

Tamerua, Kitkat -- glad you're finding meetings so helpful. Since I'm back on my home turf, I'm going to one or two today.

Napster, have a great trip to London tomorrow!

Wifi, TTBABP, Citrus, GirlfromCO & and everyone else - have a great day!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello everybody. Its the weekend again so after a nice lunch with family must do all those chores I cannot get to during the week. Have a great day I'll check in for a longer time later.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

so, big failure at lunchtime with guests.................

No not wine, but I had a large dish of profiteroles with lots of chocolate sauce and extra double cream,they were so good so I had another dish full.(goes to sit in corner hanging head in shame)
Old 01-05-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello gang, just checking in. Love to all.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
so, big failure at lunchtime with guests.................

No not wine, but I had a large dish of profiteroles with lots of chocolate sauce and extra double cream,they were so good so I had another dish full.(goes to sit in corner hanging head in shame)
That's okay, Ready. When I "pig out," I find consolation in that fact that it takes 3500 calories to make a pound, and that's a lot of calories.

Easy does it.

Kat
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kitkat1 View Post
That's okay, Ready. When I "pig out," I find consolation in that fact that it takes 3500 calories to make a pound, and that's a lot of calories.

Easy does it.

Kat
Thanks Kat,I never thought of it like that. You've made me feel much better thank you
Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hope everything is ok with you Ultrabunny

Hi Gonzo ,hope all is well with you

Have a better weekend than last,TTBABP

courage-hope you are enjoying being home

ALice- I have so muchtime too even after spending half the day on SR
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Quick check in... This is an awesome group... Keep up the good work everyone, and strength and courage to those that are struggling... WE can do this!!!

Just got back from my morning men's stag meeting and then breakfast with my sponsor... I too can't wait until next week when I no longer have to stand up as a newcomer and take my 30 day chips (for the umtenth time)... This time it will be for good!

Hope everyone has a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi everyone,

Today has been kind of scary. Bad dreams. Back in NYC, the real world facing me. I don't know why. Solid all day wanting to drink. Went to two meetings. Seems like the people with months & years of sobriety are dealing w/personality issues, relationships, life -- I'm just dealing with wanting a drink! I'm missing the warmth, the taste, the feel of it on my tongue. Thinking, "I could get away w/drinking late at night even though my son is here w/me, or in the morning." Thinking, "I know I can't make it in the long run, so why not just give in now?"

I have this weird headache that I'm coming to associate with repressing my cravings.

Having a cup of tea. Trying to focus on now. Sorry, just need to vent these bad thoughts.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

A very quick check in for me today, pretty tired so off to bed.

Courage - I really hope you find the strength somewhere not to take that drink. You are doing so well. Don't think of it as long term, just think of it now. You are not going to drink right this minute. This has nothing to do with your son, the people at your meeting and their problems, this is about you. You are not going to drink right now.

Goodness knows if it helps, but I am sure others here will help.

Ready - love the profs, they sound wonderful,

To all others, have a great day/night.

Bx
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey Kids!

Wow this thread moves at lightning speed.

Napster - sorry for your loss and Kia looks like she was a real sweetie. You did well to hold it together and not grab some booze after such an emotional situation. Alcohol will only worsen the mood. Hang in there Buddy! :ghug3

Courage - Get your mind going on something besides wanting a drinkie poo cuz that will lead to disaster.

I was bored silly and overwhelmed with training today so I went to the beach and almost fell asleep burning away. It's weird going without the usual six pack on ice but I am adjusting well.

Other good news is getting some exercise and not feeling like such a blimp. I'm still not at 100% but feeling somewhat better.

WTG to all my fellow classmates!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Wifi View Post
Just got back from my morning men's stag meeting and then breakfast with my sponsor... I too can't wait until next week when I no longer have to stand up as a newcomer and take my 30 day chips (for the umtenth time)... This time it will be for good!
Congrats, Wifi. I've never heard of a group where you got a chip every day until 30. Wow! If that wouldn't teach me humility, nothing would, lol.

Glad you're doing better, Cat. I think of you often. But to save my life I can't imagine lying on the beach right about now - it's cold here in Mississippi. Ah, this country of ours - so much diversity.

Later, ya'll. Take care.

Kat
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Vent away Courage.

I know exactly what you mean, I was there yesterday, and it bloody sucks. Stay strong you can do this.:ghug3