Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 3

Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

-it's amazing how the day went and watching others sober plus how little they drank when I wasn't pouring into their glasses constantly

-if we can get through Christmas day sober,whether in groups with people drinking or alone, we really can do this folks

- the more situations I'm in where I would have drunk and don't drink gives me strength and confidence that this really can be done

That said,I had a late night and woke feeling like I had a hangover
Amen to the above, spot on every point, couldn't agree more, save for the last one, this morning is the first morning I've woken up without feeling like shite! Still got a very slight headache but hopefully this is the start of a trend

Well done to Class for getting over Xmas Eve / Day, just got NYEve to nail and we'll be out of the mill race and into the still pond of Jan. if we can do December the we sure as feck can sort out Jan.

Fortunately for us UK denizens, due to the whole country overdoing it over Xmas, Detox January has become something of a national tradition, posters up at bus stops etc so that should make works lunches, after work beers easier to absent ones self from!

Keep going guys and gals :ghug3
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Clear headed and fresh here this st Stephens day.
Off out on my bike for few hours,
Then more turkey.
Big party nite tonight, but il be watching movies and playing board games with kids.
Hope everyone is feeling well, stay strong folks
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends!

I made it to day 9 - last night brought some intense urges, but luckily all local stores were closed and I'm still isolating myself so wouldn't have gone to an open bar by myself. Quite scary though - sobriety is such a fragile thing.

I'm going to go for a walk again today and try to get rid of some of this anxiety. I know drinking wont make me feel better - I just have to make sure the AV doesn't win out.

Hoping to stay strong!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I hope and pray u stay strong also lulu
Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Fdm

Made it to Day 2 unscathed. I have 1 hour to decide if I want to take a vacation day to see Les Miz. You early birds, help!!!

I also decided to shave my bushy mustache today. I'm slick headed most of the time nowadays. I got rid of the gray, lol.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fdm View Post
Made it to Day 2 unscathed. I have 1 hour to decide if I want to take a vacation day to see Les Miz. You early birds, help!!!

I also decided to shave my bushy mustache today. I'm slick headed most of the time nowadays. I got rid of the gray, lol.
go -treat yourself and enjoy
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm ready to join. There is no sense in waiting any longer. day 1 for me
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 3 here and as grumpy and as tired as anything!! Its amazing how irritable I feel and how annoyed I am about everything!! Even my floorboards are annoying me lol! I know its just part of the withdrawls though and still determind to beat this.

Hi beherenow, Ive glued myself to this site for the past few days and its helping immeasurably, keep reading as much posts as possible, they give you so much hope that things can change!

FDM you sound happier today and more positive, glad to here it

Ready at Last, day 19 is great and I agree if we can get through this time of year sober it will be a boost to the confidence

Cat, thanks for your posts to me, you were right the shakes have gone now

Hi Gigi, welcome to the group, read as much as possible on here, there is a massive wealth of information on hand, realistic and positive at the same time!

Thanks to everyone who has offered encouragement to me so far, it means so much to know there are other people out there going through exactly the same thing. Weve all done very well to make it through yesterday sober, have a good and sober day folks
Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Peace-- I know what you mean about the grumpiness. I had that irritability last week.

I did a stretch of 8 a dry days but binged on Christmas eve through last night.

Now I must be a glutton for punishment b/c not only do I know I'm going to go through that again, I'm doing it while my kids are home on break!

We can do this, everyone! It is THAT important!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Fdm

That I am, Peace.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My boyfriend commented this morning that the "old Vickie" is back -I got up with some energy and ready to face the day. He was grinning like an idiot the whole time I was getting ready for work. That lucky bum has the day off!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 26

Originally Posted by gigi0310 View Post
how do you join the december class?

gigi
Done and done. Welcome to the class gigi!!

Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
I'm ready to join. There is no sense in waiting any longer. day 1 for me
Welcome to you also beherenow!!

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Cat, thanks for your posts to me, you were right the shakes have gone now
Awesomeness! Did you have any doubts? Glad you're doing better!

mittens - great feeling, huh? (not that your bf has the day off)... It's rewarding that he notices the positive change in you.

FDM - curious to know what you decided on the vaca day.

LuLu - the walks are good to fight those urges - you can do it!

Nice to see everyone else pop in and best wishes to a sober day. Must get myself together and make a grocery run for milk and other essentials. Still got that bug going on and it's almost feeling like part of my daily ritual anymore. Ah well, must carry on.

Have a great day Class! :ghug3
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm back and on Day 5!! It's been a nice few days with the husband and our 6 year old. Lots of family activities and of course Christmas. It's been busy but very nice.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 8 here. This week has been a f****** train wreck. My sobriety and my immediate family's health is about all I have going for me at the moment. I am so glad I got sober so I could handle it all a bit better. I can't imagine how I'd react to things if I had been drinking. I am feeling even more determined not to drink now though.
Thank you all for being here and listening and supporting me.

I hope everyone has a good and sober day.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
Done and done. Welcome to the class gigi!!

Welcome to you also beherenow!!

Awesomeness! Did you have any doubts? Glad you're doing better!

mittens - great feeling, huh? (not that your bf has the day off)... It's rewarding that he notices the positive change in you.

FDM - curious to know what you decided on the vaca day.

LuLu - the walks are good to fight those urges - you can do it!

Nice to see everyone else pop in and best wishes to a sober day. Must get myself together and make a grocery run for milk and other essentials. Still got that bug going on and it's almost feeling like part of my daily ritual anymore. Ah well, must carry on.

Have a great day Class! :ghug3
I'm off today. I have already taken the wife's car to have nitrogen out in the tires, and I'm ready to see the film, if I can get everyone else up.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, I'm back again. Six days sober this time. I put together a month and a half and kept telling myself I'd "go to a meeting tomorrow". I miss one day of meetings and it's all out the window, it seems. That's just enough of an opening for excuses to wiggle their way in. Now to just swap "go to a meeting tomorrow" with "go to the bar tomorrow" I'd probably get some better traction. Meaning, keep going to meetings and tell myself I can go to the bar tomorrow, every day.

I hope that makes sense, it's actually the way I ended up quitting smoking. I couldn't quit and had tried about six times, always picking up a smoke within hours or a day or so. Finally I ran out of cigarettes and challenged myself, by wanting to see how long I could go without buying another pack (and no bumming any off anyone else either). That was 18 years ago.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

kitkat - I wish you luck with the visiting stepson. You seem to have a good attitude and perspective about the situation.

Welcome Gigi

Ready - I am in complete agreement. I was a bit concerned about qutiing this month but you are right - feet to the fire - is helping me to prove to myself that it can be done even with so manny challenges and temptations around. I can't wait though to have a year under my belt (long way to go) - to have gone through every holiday, party, event and season without a drink. All the firsts can't wait till they are done. But I must be patient - its a marathon not a sprint!

Seannie - Enjoy those board games.

Hey beherenow - good to see you again! Look forward to more posts.

Peacehappyness - give it time. You'll start to even out. I'm on Day 26 but I'm grumpy and it has nothing to do with not drinking. I'm just plain ole grumpy and I realized that even sober I'm going to be grumpy some of the time.

That's great Mittens! Great to have energy back!

Hey Cat good to see you this morning- Sorry you are still fighting the bug but you sound a bit better.

Welcome back cleareyes - so nice you had a good time with the family but glad to have you back posting.

Sorrry about your week Citrus. Keep moving forward. Everything works out eventually you just got move through the bad stuff.

I'll be waiting for the movie review FDM

Backbeat 6 days is great. Glad you have joined us. This December group is a great one.

Well, I decided to take today off too. My office is closed but I was going to go in. I did not. However now am am working from home so I am doing double work, Work, work and house work. Oh well at least I am accomplishing a lot today instead of laying in bed with a big head and upset stomach.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

OK - stupid question time ... I have made it to day 9, survived the holiday, but for some reason I want to drink more now than I did during the holiday. I feel like i have gotten through the crisis and deserve a reward. I know that is the AV talking, but it is really yelling loudly today. Is it just me? I feel like, after making it though the holidays, it should be easier to stay sober, not harder!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Mittens - you and I are in exactly the same boat! I'm also on Day 9 and am having crazy urges to "just stop and grab a bottle" since I deserve it for surviving the holidays sober. Last night the only thing that stopped me was stores being closed. Sigh.

I'm trying to be strong - hope you hang in there too!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, everyone. Congratulations on getting through Chirstmas Eve/Day, and welcome to the new class members and the newly returned!

I'm doing ok out here in sunny (but not very warm) southern AZ, US. But a bit worried about the future -- my AV keeps sneaking up on me. This morning it was planning my first relapse, LOL. Right now I can realize how sick and destructive it is, but I'm going to need to be super-vigilant. I heard someone in a meeting say "while you're in here (e.g., in meetings, at SR), your alcoholic voice is out there doing pushups." Scary!

But, one day at a time! Hope everyone has a strong today!