Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 3

Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
AA Member

I wish the merriest Christmas to all of you, December class. And, Tam, I surely would have liked to have some of that bread! I eat jalapenos on EVERYTHING.

You all inspire me and are making this journey doable. Thanks so much for being here and posting. God bless.

Kat
Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey FDM, nice to see you! I saw this pic on facebook and thought about SR Merry Christmas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
do it.jpg (24.8 KB, 119 views)
Old 12-25-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fdm

Nice to see you too, GirlFromCO.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Having a weird wave of urges today - first time in 4 or 5 days that I've felt like all I need is a big glass of wine to make things ok. Maybe I'm just feeling lonely or some anxiety - trying to breathe through it. Ugh - wasn't expecting these feelings today.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Merry christmas all. Hope you are staying strong on a trying day for many.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in.

I know just what you mean Napster

It's 8,45pm now and I haven't had a drink. Wow-Christmas day nearly over and no drink.

I shall sleep easy tonight

3 cheers for us all staying sober today
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going guys!

D
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lulu, unexpected urges stink! But you can get through it. Stay strong. :ghug3
Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 25

Merry Christmas fellow classmates!

FDM - Welcome to your first day!

mittens - You're strong - hang in there! I can't wait to hear what Mom says about the note. She will be sooooo proud.

lulu - congrats on your 8 days!

Napster - another proud Mama to see you sober!

Tamerua - congrats on the 10 days to you. I'm no expert in the sponsor department but maybe someone can chime in.

ultra - glad your day went terrific!

Napster - I had the same routine waiting for people. I'd slam as many beers possible before anyone arrived. Glad you're doing well!

Dee, maples, ready, peace, TTBABP, tazzle, citrus, courage, kitkat, GirlfromCO and gonzo - so nice to see you guys and gals here today. Although I spent the day alone, my SR Family will always be here! :ghug3

My parents will most likely be here next week (surely I'll feel better by then). Ugghh - can't wait to get out and do something.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat! Ive made it through day two sober, the sweats and the shakes and the sore kidneys have greatly reduced, just exhausted now and starving even though I managed to eat a huge xmas dinner. Been on here reading posts for a lot of the day and thinking about how different I want everything to be from now on xmas day next year. Hope it was a happy and sober day for everyone X
Old 12-25-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon peacehappyness-good on ya for not drinking today

Hope you soon get over your illness Cat

Night all, sleep well
Old 12-25-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It has been a long day. First sober X-mas. Spent morning with my family and afternoon with BF's family. My mom now knows that I have stopped drinking. Il left a note when we visited this morning. After BF's family party, she and I talked for quite a while on the phone. She is very happy that I have stopped drinking. She has been worried for a long time. Now I feel like I can't slip or I will be letting her down.

Day 8 is in the books and I am completely exhausted. I'm going to curl up with BF and go to sleep (yes...it is only 7:30 here - but I am wiped out).

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I will touch base in the a.m.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Fdm

I'm considering taking off tomorrow and taking my wife and 11 years old girl to see Les Miserables. We have never seen a musical movie in the theater, and we are Les Miz virgins.

I loved Moulin Rouge!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh. do it FDM. I need you to let me know how it is. I saw Les Mis on Broadway MANY years ago and loved it. I adore the soundtrack but I am so afraid the movie will ruin it all for me. So it sounds like a great idea and you can review it for all of us here on SR.

Cat - I do certainly hope you will be better for a visit from your parents next week. Sorry you are still ill on Christmas but I did think of you today as I sipped my diet caffeine free Coke.

Lulu - I got the urges too but fought thru - Hope you did too!

Ready, mittens, Citrus, Peace, Tazzle, Tanmuera, ultrabunny, courage, kitkat, Napster, gonzo and everyone else that I may have neglected to mention - bully for all of us to have another day under our belts. Give yourselves a hand!

Thanks to Dee for all the great advice that helped my through Christmas Eve and day. Got my eye on New Year's eve now. Keep those words of wisdom flowing Dee.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I hit two meetings today. One where I have been going but I'm certain wont be my home group, and then an evening LGBT group. I enjoyed that one a lot more, although it was a lot smaller than I had expected. They gave me a Sober Living book.

Tomorrow I meet up with someone I had met in my very first meeting, we are going to a women's meeting after I leave work. I'm looking forward to seeing a familiar face. I'm trying this social thing, I am so shy...

I did share a little in group today. Right now, with all of the Christmas movies, a big theme is dysfunctional families and I have one, Of course. I invited my sister to dinner and normally I would be blitzed by the time she would have arrived and she of course would know this but this is how I dealt with her and her personality. I was thinking today, if you were to ask her, I am the dysfunctional crazy drunk she visits in the holidays. Just perspective I suppose lol Alas this year I was sober.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
AA Member

Evening ya'll...and a happy Christmas night to ya.

I love reading all of your posts. Sometimes I am just quiet here and am soaking it all in. It's great to be amongst others who understand me and my disease...and what a big hurdle it is to jump. Congratulations to everyone on a sober day (I won't call all names at this time because I'm afraid of leaving someone out...and we alcoholics are sensitive types, lol).

Today is #12...and it's been a great day, not necessarily because of my circumstances, but because I made it through the day without even thinking of drinking. That's big for me.

Have a step-son here visiting for the next couple of days (at least I hope he's just visiting, haa). He is very addicted to pills and this morning when we went to open our presents, he was so screwed up he couldn't talk. Methinks a court commitment might be in his future...anyway, it wasn't a happy day here because his dad is so upset with him and doesn't quite know what to do. This experience has done nothing but make me more grateful for my sobriety. Sobriety is so precious and I should regard it as the gift that it is each day.

Look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow...and Tam, I'm so glad you are doing so well with AA. I have to remind myself all the time, "My comfort here has LITTLE to do with it. I am here to save my life."

Kat
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
AA Member

FDM, I love your Robert E. Lee quote!

Kat
Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

One last check in!

Peace - the days will get better, the shakes will become a thing of the past and you'll feel better in no time.

Thanks for the well wishes Ready and TT - it's been a week now so it's got to let go sometime. (you'd THINK!)

mittens - glad you had a chat with Mom. I'm sure she's quite relieved, just like mine was when I cleaned up my act long ago. You are on the right track and doing awesome!

Tamerua - you're rockin on those meetings! It's nice to get out and meet lots of new sober folks.

kat - sorry about the step-son. It sounds like some intervention may be in order soon. How old is he?

I just finished eating an orange (Hey - where's Citrus?) and am heading to bed in hopes of waking up feeling better. At least I won't be hung over.

Hope everyone else who comes in after me had a sober Christmas day!

Till tomorrow
Old 12-25-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

December class

how do you join the december class?
thanks
gigi
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning all

You just joined gigi Welcome and warmest wishes

Cat-these winter bugs/cold/flu really can hang round.I;m sure our immune systems are re-adjusting after drinking which makes us more susceptible

Kitkat-I hope your stepson is ok

Tamerua- I hope your meetings proved beneficial

TTBABP-I echo your words about Dee.thanks Dee,you are fantastic

FDM-go for it and have a great day

mittens-well done on staying sober.It is nice that the day was tiring in itself and we didn't just crash out drunk don't you think

sorry if I've missed anyone, you are all in my thoughts

Well,day 19. I was worried/reluctant/scared/concerned about stopping in December and cos of the hols and was going to wait till Jan 1st. I've learnt 3 things

-it's amazing how the day went and watching others sober plus how little they drank when I wasn't pouring into their glasses constantly

-if we can get through Christmas day sober,whether in groups with people drinking or alone, we really can do this folks

- the more situations I'm in where I would have drunk and don't drink gives me strength and confidence that this really can be done

That said,I had a late night and woke feeling like I had a hangover