Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

damn, i was gonna crack today. no real reason. then looked online and all the stores were closed. must be tough in the us, you can pick it up at most stores at all hours.

so i guess im still on the wagon, i just want one night to get wasted, starting to miss it. with time you forget the bad things youve done while drunk but also forget how bad you felt the next day.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

don't weaken...it's never just one night - you feel bad the next day so you buy some more...before you know it it's been a month.

Whatever it is you need relief from, there's got to be other healthy ways to find it, ID10T

D
Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Originally Posted by ID10T View Post
...i just want one night to get wasted, starting to miss it. with time you forget the bad things youve done while drunk but also forget how bad you felt the next day.
Dude you've come too far. If you can find a post here where someone didn't regret giving it a shot one more time let me know. Dee said something about the last hurah never delivering on its promise. It's not just the last hurah, its the booze in general. It never delivers on its promise.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

with time you forget the bad things youve done while drunk but also forget how bad you felt the next day.
I bet you wouldn't have to try that hard to remember some, if not many "bad" things you've done, and how awful the next day is, whether it be the dead animal taste on your tongue, the head/stomach ache, or the regrets & anxiety. We are all here because we've been there & don't want to go back, neither do you!!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

damn, i was gonna crack today. no real reason. then looked online and all the stores were closed. must be tough in the us, you can pick it up at most stores at all hours.

so i guess im still on the wagon, i just want one night to get wasted, starting to miss it. with time you forget the bad things youve done while drunk but also forget how bad you felt the next day.
Sorry you're struggling. I like to think through the drink and what it would lead to: sweating, pounding heart, anxiety & paranoia. Not to mention furry teeth, bad breath and sallow skin. Keep calm and drink water. Health giving H20.

You deserve it

S x
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dead animal taste on your tongue - that's a good one. Need to remember that!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Back from the holidays and checking in. Made it through the family gathering without too much temptation, and since I told all of them what's going on, I couldn't exactly grab a beer or a scotch or it would've been a big deal (nice little trap I set for myself, lol).

Glad the holidays are finally over. Came back to Austin with a nasty cold and a lot to do at work these next two days. Day 39, here we go...
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnotherPaul View Post
Back from the holidays and checking in. Made it through the family gathering without too much temptation, and since I told all of them what's going on, I couldn't exactly grab a beer or a scotch or it would've been a big deal (nice little trap I set for myself, lol).

Glad the holidays are finally over. Came back to Austin with a nasty cold and a lot to do at work these next two days. Day 39, here we go...
Paul,,

l too find it much better announcing my new life direction as much as possible. It holds you accountable, reduces offers & temptations and like you said, makes it harder to cheat because everybody is aware of your intentions.

I'm on day 39 too!!! Here we go! Good job & good luck to you.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good Morning Novembers! I remember being at 4 weeks just last week, but day 30 came and went without my realizing it. Yes! Beginning my 35th day today!
We are all heading towards a brand new year, and a brand new sober lives in 2013. I am so happy I am here with my peeps and so grateful for the support I have received from each of you.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations day 39 twins, AnotherPaul & Thanume!! You're both rocking. Paul, I also find it helps if people know. When I'm with people who don't I do get a fleeting thought I 'could get away with it' but then I'd be cheating myself.

Well I've left work early as I'm coming down with the festive lurgy that everyone seems to have. I'm resting & dosing up on lemsip as I can't afford any more sickness on my work record.

Glad we are all rocketing towards 2013 with sober gusto. I need to think of a different New Year Resolution this time round!

S x
Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Nikki, congrats on tossing the leftover booze! That's a toughie.

Sober Recovery once again helped me!

I posted on another thread that I was having trouble with the first step. People really bent over backwards to help me to figure it out. Two people messaged me a bunch, one guy emailed me and I even talked to him on the phone for about an hour, and he explained a lot of stuff to me. I think I almost have it.

This forum is incredible. I guess I must be a forum person more than I am a face to face person. I have to say, this forum has helped me so much more than AA meetings have, so far.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sazzle, hope you get your sizzle back soon, feel better
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thought this was a funny story that once again puts it all into perspective:

http://m.newser.com/story/159958/dru...ders-lawn.html
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well, my November class, I am sad, disappointed and embarassed to have to admit to you all that I drank. I let stress, anxiety and being totally overwhelmed get the best of me. I don't feel like all the time and progress I had is lost. I learned from what happened and am ready to continue on, work harder, do some things differently. Hope you don't mind if I stay in the class.

Hope you all are well.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Let me be the first to welcome you back. I think you and Sazzle are the only 2 names I remember from the first night I signed into SR. I couldn't imagine you not being here. Thanks for coming right back and don't ever do that again.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMeForThem View Post
Well, my November class, I am sad, disappointed and embarassed to have to admit to you all that I drank. I let stress, anxiety and being totally overwhelmed get the best of me. I don't feel like all the time and progress I had is lost. I learned from what happened and am ready to continue on, work harder, do some things differently. Hope you don't mind if I stay in the class.

Hope you all are well.
Hiya FMFT. All the time you built up hasn't gone to waste. Sorry to hear you slipped but you seem quite peaceful and determined.

Of course you should stay in class, like VeryReady says, you were the first I remember here too.

What happened, if you don't mind me asking & do you think you've got that base covered now moving forward?

S x
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

sorry if there are typos I'm sending this from my phone. I just had to respond. FMft, you are such an important part of this group. I am so glad to see you here.

not sure if you're in the mood to hear any tips, but I just wanted to tell you that 1 person from here and me exchange do" phone numbers, and if we wanted to drink we texted to each other. It really help ed the cravings.

I do know the hardest part is asking for help when you really want a drink.

Hugs
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

FMFT - Sorry to hear that... Glad you came right back... I am having a horrible day today but drinking just isn't an option any longer...

Big shout out to all my November friends!!!

Have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great advice here FMFT - I can only add that all you learned and gained in your sobriety is never lost...but we have to try really hard and pull out all stops to put it into practice sometimes.

I know next time you'll know what to do.
I'm glad you're back

D
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sazzle View Post
What happened, if you don't mind me asking & do you think you've got that base covered now moving forward?

S x
Sazzle, I let stress and anxiety overwhelm me and I gave up. It was everywhere, in all parts of my life, at work, at home, in my own head - everywhere. The thoughts were building for a few days and I was fighting it of. I was getting through until a few unexpected things happened (work and teenager stuff) and I just gave up. I didn't want to think about any of it anymore, I didn't want to think about not drinking anymore, I was tired of fighting. I wanted to numb myself and I did.

I don't know if I have it covered moving forward, but I sure am trying to figure it out. The good thing is that the holiday is over, it will be much easier to manage the normal stress. However, work is a huge trigger for me, that's what pushed me over the edge this time. It's very stressful there right now and will probably get worse for a few months. I'm thinking about the moment I decided I was going to drink, once I decided I just didn't care anymore - that's the moment I need to be ready for going forward. Also, thinking about the changes I need to make so it doesn't get to that point again. Need to focus more energy on the positive things being sober brings to my life, not just focus on that fact that I'm not drinking, I think I missed that part before. Well, sorry for the long answer to your short question!