Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 9

Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

****{fran and all envolved}}}

and you bet manz!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your step-mom, frances. Sending strength to you and your dad and family. Wow, so sudden, that's so hard. Hugs to you.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

I'm sorry for your loss frances. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I am very sorry Frances. Strength and peace to you and yours.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss Frances.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Frances I am terribly sorry for your loss. Kind thoughts and prayers to you, your dad and family. Hugs at you hun. ((()))
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Frances,
My condolences to you and your family.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

(((Fran)))):ghug3 Stay close together we can get through anything. So sorry I know the pain of losing a parent but I went through it sober and I know you will to. :ghug3
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thx friends. Yesterday was ok, lots of logistics. Bestie friend came from Boston for me, husband is a rock. Today is funeral.

Damn I'm glad I'm sober
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you and yours Frances, so sorry for your loss
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

School's ramping up really fast. Feeling motivated and scared at the same time!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Go IP, go!!

Hey all. Long week so far! I got observed today by my boss. (I teach pre-school.)I'm pretty sure it went fine. I decided not to stress about it and just do what I do. If she likes it, great. If she doesn't and wants to talk to me, fine. If she hates me and fires me, ok. haha. How's that for a laid back attitude? I think the day went well tho. Tomorrow night, we see my son in his 8th grade play and then I have curriculum training all day Friday.. that will end my busy week.

I'm now in love with Bradley Cooper, btw. I saw him in Silver Linings Playbook recently, and he impressed me. Then I found out he got sober 8 years ago, so now I REALLY like him. Funny how being sober didn't overly impress me when I wasn't, and now that I am and I've been on SR hearing so many different struggles and stories, I respect it so much more and have such respect for people who are.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Frances...thoughts of courage and kindness coming for you. Hug.

Mirage....Bradley, or should I call him Mr Cooper lol, has lovely eyes! Mmmmmmmm

IP.....go for it with the school. Me I'm considering going back to Uni to become a qualified Alcohol & drug Clinician...its a 4 year course here, although I may get some higher standing points.....but could only do it part time.....so a big ask and lots to think about.

Just had a gorgeous day at the beach with friends, picnicing, playing in the waves and a good old natter!! A balmy 27C/80F. Stunning aqua water,white sand, azure blue skies without a cloud in sight....sitting under the shade of a Pohutukawa tree.....quintissentially Kiwi!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now my Weeman has his bestie for a sleepover and they are chattering away peacefully. Nice!

Love my first 3 day working week!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

IP, good luck with school!

mirage, I saw Silver Linings Playbook also. I just love Bradley Cooper. It started with The Hangover. My husband calls him my boyfriend. LOL

manz, you make the beach so beautiful. I wish I could be there.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi--Yesterday's funeral and visiting hours went well. A whole group of my running friends came. So touched.

Today is the burial then the last visiting hours tonight.

Can't believe she's gone. Never expected she would go first.

Thanks for all your suport. Can't imagine what this would be like without all the Recovery work I've been doing for 2 years.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Frances.....I wanted to say, YOU ROCK HUN! You are doing so well with this, and thats all down to you and all your hard work. :ghug3

Another beautiful day in paradise here. Just had coffee with a friend, while the boys explored around the big ponds that were there. Dragonflys dancing across lilypads, cheeky goldfish poking heads out from under and so hot the air seems to shimmer. Will be throwing Weeman and his bestie in the paddling pool & water slide immediately after lunch.

Oh......scary, but I signed up on a dating site. Hmmmmmmm. So tempted to take it straight back down. Will stick with my discomfort and see how I go. Have declined all chats so far! I know, big chicken huh. will keep you posted.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

((frances))

best of luck Manz

D
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Done and over, thx for support. So it seems that 2.5 years of no contact with my older sister is dissolved in united concern for caring for my dad. I'm fine with jumping past it and just moving forward, seems like that's the simplest path forward.

She is a bossy witch with a b, always will be.

We will take dad for Chinese food tomorrow.

Never in a million years did I see this coming.

I took doggie for a walk today. Husband continues to be best spouse ever
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frances
She is a bossy witch with a b, always will be.
Yeah, but you're different. I'm glad your dad has you to lean on, Frances.

It occurs to me that this recovery business has armed us with some pretty powerful tools for life. I've said a few times that sobriety has helped me deal with my dad's terminal diagnosis. But it's not just sobriety—it's the addiction too, and the considerable amount of soul-searching employed in overcoming it.

Originally Posted by Manz
Oh......scary, but I signed up on a dating site. Hmmmmmmm. So tempted to take it straight back down. Will stick with my discomfort and see how I go. Have declined all chats so far! I know, big chicken huh. will keep you posted.
Good for you! I've done online dating, nothing very long term came of it obviously, but it was a great experience. One cool thing is that by checking "never" next to the question about drinking, you can screen out folks who are keen to find a drinking partner. I'd do it again.... except I have a date on Sunday! Gulp. Just lunch... but still... Gulp!

Last edited by Dee74; 01-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

OK, so there was another part of my reply that included a youtube video I thought relevant to our dating angst, Manz. But alas, despite the fact I included a warning that the video contained both profanity and Tom Cruise (I'm sensitive to the fact people might find one or both offensive), Dee had to delete it under SR rules about profanity.

Anyway, the gist was that while I'm feeling pretty chicken too, I know I need to create my own luck. As for online dating, if the internet can handle addiction, romance should be a snap. Onward Manz!