Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 9

Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Dee, I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Jaz, I'm so glad you woke up without that icky feeling! And I hope you get to enjoy your day home with the boy...

Eli, Hope, Well, Ozark, SBTS...hope your day goes well also!

Jim, you too, and I hope you post soon!!

Humm... my day seems to be filled with "hope"... I just realized I used that word 6 times in this little post!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I love that Benice! Not a bad thing to have your day filled with! Let's also 'hope' that I keep my sanity & don't kill a bored teenager today.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi all... Podium yesterday I suppose, I'm a day late posting. I don't really question whether I will make it each Monday anymore but it is still fun to check in. Despite this being a tough weekend emotionally, I didn't really feel the urge to drink at any time. The hard part was more self pity at not being able to gather with my friends... But that was definitely gone by the time I saw the shape my hubby was in the next day!

Jim I am sorry to hear of your slip. We are here for you.

Dee... Get some rest

Xo
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Dee get some well deserved rest!

LOL Benice / Jaz, hey whats wrong with being filled with hope? - Hope

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi all, thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I'm on day 2 now felt terrible all day, hungover, tired sore tum and swallowing/eating hurts.
I'm sad with myself for being so silly, this really has to be the last time. Thanks again for your support, I wish I could hug you all. X

Dee, please take care of yourself, you will be missed, rest well and come back to brighten all our lives my friend.

Good night all. X
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

hugs back jimuk. You can do this!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Morning all, feeling better today and more positive. Have a great day.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Morning already,

Talk about wierd dreams...haven't had one like that in a while.

"Hope" is a great word, I count on it daily, aa I will today.

Have a good one.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Good Morning All!

You can never have enough hope! Right Hope?!

See Jim...you can't escape us can you?! We'll hunt you down! Of course it just means we care. So glad to hear you're feeling better today!

Ozark...those kind of dreams seem to be happening to me nightly. I've woke up saying, "what the hell?" many times lately. Maybe it's our brains cleaning out all the crud from too many years of drinking. I don't know...if that's the case, I have a lot to get rid of. Last night I had another baby...good Lord!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe & sober day!
Jaz
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely ADORE my kids! But my baby days are done. I like it now where I can spoil them & then pass them along!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Jim, you sound good. Jaz, I would wake up in a codling sweat if I had that dream...

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Benice, you had me laughing out loud with that one!!! Guess I'm not alone in more ways than one!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Jim you sound great, keep going my friend The doc said my liver felt normal which is great, my liver was enlarged about a year ago. Its scary. I still have to get bloodwork done, but since I've been taking care of myself it should be ok.

Jaz / Benice, I don't have kids but I'm chuckling about the baby dream. I think I would have a heartattack at this point in my life. Don't get me wrong I love kids, but I also love spoiling them then sending them back home

Off to another session with my lawyer. My hearing to get some sort of driving relief is next week. Uggh there goes 4K down the drain. Sorry venting!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hope you all had a wonderful, safe sober day!

I just want to say how much i appreciate you all, you are all very special people and sometimes the only ones in life that i can really relate to. My GF doesn't really understand but she shouldn't need to, its not her problem, its mine.

I know i'm stronger than these stupid relapse's, so with that in mind and reflecting to Sunday night, the bottom of the Whiskey bottle then the bottom of the toilet for most of the night and Monday morning. Its time to get myself straight for good.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Keep your chin up Jim, your fighting the fight. You know the path you want to take and it shows by your hanging around here. We all need to stick together...and we will thru thick and thin. We all can benefit from each others journey and the trials each of us face will help one of us for sure. I feel am that one often.

Jaz, " Last night I had another baby...good Lord!", makes my dream seem more tame now. We have past that time in our life as well and although I love my kids more than anything in this world..... that would have FREAKED ME OUT!!! So I think now I dream more as I was always so intoxicated I just didn't remember any that I had. Don't know if this will be a curse or a blessing, only time will tell. Just part of the trip I am on. I mean that in a positive way, I really do. I find dealing with life's little idiosyncrasies sober kind of a rush at times. New job, learning to type some and even raising teenagers is much more easy than if I were drinking and I know it.

Now there is some "rambling" for you all.

HOPE everyone has a great evening... :ghug3
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning all, have a great Thursday!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning from here too.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good Morning All!

School cancelled again! These kids are going to have to go to school half the summer to catch up...and the loony bins will be overloaded with parents trying to regain their sanity!

Ozark, I couldn't agree with you more about sober life being a 'rush' at times. I've experienced the very same. I used to think of myself as being so impatient...patience is now an ability that seems to come natural to me. Not to mention the things that used to be so overwhelming really don't seem to be that big of a deal anymore. Now...about raising a teenager?? Still overwhelming at times...but here enters that ability to be more patient!! Go figure. Oh, and btw, I love your 'rambling' as much as you love my 'babbling'...so keep it up!

I don't exactly know what's come over me lately, but I'm liking it. Right now I have just as much of a desire to be sober as I did back in September, but it just seemed almost impossible up until just recently. I fought the urge every minute of every day. Now it just seems to be a part of my life, and I'm ok with it (well, more than ok). I know I probably won't always have this strength, I'm definitely keeping my guard up...still taking it a day at a time. But right now I'm enjoying the break from that evil voice in my head telling me to drink.

Finally, 2 days in a row waking up not having that 'hangover' feeling. Sun is now shining, it's actually quite beautiful outside, it's going to be a good day.

Everyone have a wonderful, safe & sober day!!
Jaz
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I hope you all have a great day.

Jaz, I like what you say,
"I don't exactly know what's come over me lately, but I'm liking it. Right now I have just as much of a desire to be sober as I did back in September, but it just seemed almost impossible up until just recently. I fought the urge every minute of every day. Now it just seems to be a part of my life, and I'm ok with it (well, more than ok). I know I probably won't always have this strength, I'm definitely keeping my guard up...still taking it a day at a time. But right now I'm enjoying the break from that evil voice in my head telling me to drink."

I don't even think about it now, it's as if I have always been teetotal.

Crazy, I know, but in a good way...............

Happy Burns' day tomorrow everyone.