Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 7

Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ok back again...Sank about 5 pints of tea and now I'm feeling better...Had to cancel gym today as I got an appointment at 12.00 and then another at 14.00..Can't fit it in tonight as I gotta take my boy to karate so I'll have to try and fit it in tomorrow...Just been out with the dog for a good hour and half and I just had 5 slices of toast....Will check back later....Steve...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I'm back from a little computer vacation. I am all caught up on our thread and what is happening in everyone's lives. It looks like it was a stressful few days for some of us.

I am doing well. I had a rough week last week. Family stress built up a bit and I couldn't get to a meeting at all. But I made it. I am feeling pretty good today so far and I'm just excited that I am coming up on 4 months.

Slim, happy 4 months to you today! You are an inspiration.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Rats, just lost the makings of a long post. I'm the eternal slow learner: when will I learn to use a WP app and then copy/paste?

I'll take a breather and be back later. More caffeine may be the answer! lol
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

16.55 Tue

Quick hi again

Oooh, I've just won a Sony camera in the Christmas Advent calendar draw at work, it's quite a good one too, Wow, I don't usually win anything! Perhaps my luck is changing!

Apple, you must have the gift of the gab then if you enjoy sales! I hate them with a passion, we have to do a bit here where I'm employed and honestly I'd rather clean the toilets! Lol. Each to there own I suppose.
I have never been taken away in an ambulance, I did worse than that, I got taken home in a police car, I still suffer from the embarrassment and shame now, I go cold now everytime I see a police car!

Sounds like a busy day Steve, we should have a tea drinking competion. Good strong Yorkshire tea I like, with a little milk and no sugar, mmm I think I need one now!

Nuway, I'm ALWAYS doing that, so bloomin frustrating!

See you all laters
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Slim, I hope you don't mind but I've just borrowed your post 'Analysis of an Alcoholic Suffering from Chronic Relapse' for a friend in the 30 days and under class who I think might benefit from reading it today.

XXX
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I talked to an accounting recruiter and she said since I've had 3 jobs since 2010 my next job needs to be at minimum 2 years. She said if I can realistically keep up the commute for 2 years then go for it. But yeah hell no I don't want to do that commute for 2 years. I just called the treatment center and asked if at minimum I can get one on one addiction therapy once a week. I'm meeting my sponsor on Saturday also. There are pluses and minuses to both jobs and I will be ok either way I am sure of it. Have a blessed day all~!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hello all,

Having a good day, it's 70F and sunny here oddly enough.

Just got back from the natural food store with some organic goodies.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Feeling melancholy today.

Slept 15 hours last night.

A childhood neighbor was diagnosed with mesothelioma back in May and my dad's been giving us updates. I finally bought a card and mailed it yesterday. Found out this morning when I read my email that he died yesterday around 5 pm. The card, which was addressed to the whole family, will arrive today.

Another email was from YS, who, in spite of having talked to my father, cannot "understand the accusations" I made and will "bow out." So even tho my dad told her hubby was an a'hole last Christmas and talked about hubby trying to spray aerosol whipped cream up my son's nose at a formal Thanksgiving table, self reflection has concluded they are unaware of any untoward behavior.

Grace, thanks for posting that. I have one person in mind who I believe would benefit from taking it to heart, as I see him/her caught in the same small circle of behavior.

LLG, glad that you talked to a recruiter and are starting to understand the big picture in terms of career choices. Sometimes decisions seem simple on the surface, yet there may be underlying factors to consider. It is always helpful to discuss things with others to make sure you are making a fully informed decision.

My last few jobs had a 45 minute to one hour commute and personally, I found it very wearing, especially as I began to have difficulties with driving. And yes, being a parent, it was not easy when things popped up with my son.

Erica...TY and good to see you post here. Saw that you have been checking in and posting elsewhere, so I wasn't worried. Still, I really, really like having you active in our classy class.

NuWay, just about everyone has lost a lengthy piece of work on a computer, no matter what their computer skills are. My router went down on me once...no way to rescue that unless I had drafted as WP first. Son lost a complete paper when he went to attach it to email to his professor!!! It just disappeared. No fun for anyone having to do it all over again.

Stairs...send your weather this way please!

HFA, Jodie, AppleCrumble and Steve, good to hear from you.

Slim
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Erica

sorry for your loss Slim.
D
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just a quickie before bed

LLG, having a chat to a recruiter was a good move on your part and I hope it's made things a bit clearer and easier to make the right decision. And good on you for calling the treatment centre, you're going in the right direction there to get your life back on track, I'm sure everything will work out for you.

Stairs, 70F and sunny!!! We were lucky if we hit that in June and July here this year! Send some over!

Hi Slim, it's always good to see you posting. Very sad news about your childhood neighbour and I hope he didn't suffer too much, don't feel too bad about the card, at least they will know that you cared!
Re your YS, well words fail me! Sorry if I'm out of order here, but trying to squirt cream up your sons nose was bullying, whichever way you look at it. :*******: Talk about thick skinned, honestly you're better off without them, who needs that sort of treatment?
Re the post, I'm wondering if the he/she you have in mind is the same he/she I have in mind!!

Erica, good to see you back posting here, don't know how I missed you earlier. I'm glad you're stressful week is over and please keep posting, we missed you

Night night all, sleep well
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for any and all advice. I definitely believe that the most important thing for me right now is my treatment and recovery. Without that all is lost anyhow lol! So I start my far away job on tuesday and most importantly I start treatment next week as well I'm getting caught up on homework finally and feel like I've been a good mom these past couple days My son is rolling over in seconds now and holding his bottle by himself, if only for a short while. It still amazes me that with my bf and I dark hair and eyes we have a son with green eyes and golden brown hair lol! Hope everyone is doing really well.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grace...things must be going a whole lot better with your partner if you're having a quickie before bed.

Tee hee.

Slim
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Good to hear from so many of you. Where's Panacea? Anybody see her around somewhere else?

Slim, I'm so sorry about your friend. As Grace says, the family will appreciate your card very much. In my lost post, I said I was happy that my "saddle with no horse" made you laugh. I wish I had another story to give you a smile tonight. (hug) Alas, I must agree with Grace about YS and her husband's behavior. In-freakin'-credible.

LLG, sounds like you made the big decision, if I read you correctly. Even more important, sounds like you're ready to commit to some structured therapy. I wish you every success with both endeavors.

Grace, congrats on the camera! May it be the harbinger of much more good luck in your life. You deserve all that and more, IMO. Some good genes run in your family: a wise Grannie and a strong little granddaughter. And those of us here who managed to avoid the ambulance or police car were just luckier than you. It could have been me a number of times.

Steve, I hope you're sleeping well tonight after 5 pints of tea! How do you drink it? Iced? Sweetened? And thanks for adding another word to my vocabulary. I have you to thank for tickety-boo and Harris.

Erica, I'm glad your stressful week is behind you. Many congrats on the four month mark to you and Slim. Can you believe how quickly it's gone by? Back when I drank, I used to imagine how it might be to go for months without drinking. If I'd known back then how much better I'd feel, I might have gotten free sooner.

Apple, thanks for that glimpse into your personality. I've always admired people who had a knack for sales, something I have no aptitude for at all. And that was a brilliant suggestion to LLG to use the commute time for self-realization/development.

Stairs, I love your "I'm my own best friend" mantra. It's not weird at all, IMO. We have to value the person in the mirror before we can be of much good to anyone else. I've got to remember to google The Dome. You have me curious there.

Hello to Jodie HFA, Johnny, WTH, Pan, and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Dee, good to know you're an Aussie. That certainly explains the "South Seas" as your location. I guess I'll have to give up my idea that you are an English expat who made a large fortune in stocks and retired at a young age to Fiji.

It was a good day for me--a long walk with the dog; a ride on Jethro, the lease horse; and an afternoon of raking leaves and tidying the back yard. Jethro and I didn't see eye to eye, though. I think he senses my inexperience and tries to pull a fast one by lowering his head and leaning on the bit. That won't work at all for a rider, so I have a lot to learn and some work to do. It's amazing how many things one can do in a day when not blitzed out of one's mind.... Take care, everyone.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlimSlim View Post
Grace...things must be going a whole lot better with your partner if you're having a quickie before bed.

Tee hee.

Slim
Tee hee indeed, Slim. That's what I like to see from you.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey all - a quick post from me as well. Apologies for the absence....family life/kids and work have been a bit overwhelming...My son was cyber bullied along with a few other kids - terrible stuff - all of it has been reported to the police. He is ok, but sad as one of the people involved was a friend. My daughter had 3 teeth pulled, three more tomorrow....husband traveling, work projects piling up.....but, overall, I am in an ok place. I will try to read back a bit and catch up tonight. I have missed you all!

Slim - I am sorry for your loss of a friend/neighbor. That is tough. Our neighbor across the street is dying and may pass any day. My daughter is quite shaken by it all.

Erica - I am sorry you have had a tough/busy time with your family.

LLG - your opportunities sound great, with good choice.

That is all for now - I just wanted to let you know that you have been on my mind and I am not a lost cause....

xo Pan
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by SlimSlim View Post

Tee hee.

Slim
I see what you did there.....
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

09.24 freezing

Good morning Augustians on this cold and icy morning. I was late for work this morning due to it pouring down and then freezing over it, not the safest of conditons for driving but anyway I got here in one piece, thankfully.

LLG. Good to see you've got your priorities in order and that you're starting treatment next week. You sound much happier too since you've made your decision about the job, I hope it isn't all too much for you, it sounds a lot to take on board, new job, commuting, treatment and being a mummy, but I wish you luck xxxx

Slim, I don't get it!! What do you mean? Only joking. can't believe Ii wrote that lol! I wish, ha ha, I wish!

Hi Nuway, I love reading your posts and its sounds like life is good and I'm glad, you deserve it! The horse riding seems to be going well and who knows, you may get to use that saddle one day! It never fails to amaze me either how much more I get done these days without being tanked up with the dirty old wine!

Hi Pan, I'm so happy to see you back, I missed you, we all did and not for one minute did I think you were a lost cause. Gosh you've had a right time of it, how stressful. That's awful about your poor son, I hope it's all sorted now, what a terrible experience for him! If there's one thing I can't tolerate it's bullying of any kind! Totally unecessary! Your poor daughter too, ouch, I hope she's not suffered too much, I remember my daughter having to have lots of teeth out, not funny

HFA.

See you all later

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticise not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee, good to know you're an Aussie. That certainly explains the "South Seas" as your location. I guess I'll have to give up my idea that you are an English expat who made a large fortune in stocks and retired at a young age to Fiji.
LOL I retired early, but no fortune unfortunately

D
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Good morning all,

Dee, I kinda thought that too, "South Seas" somehow translates to "Johnny Depp".

Fantastic meeting last night. We were reading out of one of the books we use and suddenly I recalled specific incidents in childhood that were about the behaviors that I carried over into being an addict. It was fricken awesome and a little intense.

I am seriously in need of cleaning up this house, and getting my Christmas cards out and shopping done.

Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Wow another late check in as I have not stopped all day....And I'm back off out as I'm on my way to the gym to go smash my chest and triceps....Take care class....Steve...