Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 7

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Another day here and I've just got back from walking the dog for an hour and a half...Proper frosty and cold here but it's really nice and just how I like it....Just wolfed down my breakfast of five slices of toast and I'm off to the gym in half hour...Then once I get home I'm gonna get a nice Sunday roast dinner on the go,mmmmm already hungry just thinking about it.....I'll check back later...Take care....Steve...
Old 12-02-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

11.25 Sun. Freezing 2c

Good morning Augustian family and happy sober Sunday.

I had a good nights sleep after my long day yesterday so catching up on a bit of housework today. It's really, really cold this morning, white and frosty, but it's better than that persistent rain. Got a load of washing in, another load in the tumble dryer and I've got some turkey steaks defrosting for dinner later.

Whoops my banana woman pic didn't work last night. I googled pics of banana women last night and some of the pics were rather saucy to say the least, should have thought really lol. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...18VZc7prifdNgw

Hi Slim, good to see you posting my dear banana sister, sometimes we just don't have much to say, doesn't matter really just as long as we're here. Just a quick hello to each other will suffice if we have nothing going on!
Oh and I'm a big fan of the muppets too, love them,

Hi Dee, the avator is great!

Jodie, that sounds like my ideal week end, I'm glad you've caught up on some rest and relaxation, you deserve it. No worries about the rant, it's good to get things off your chest, sometimes you just need to,

Stairs, you've made me hungry and it's nowhere near lunch time yet, I hope you all have a good day and tell us all about it later.

LLg, take it slow girl, just take it slow. You don't have to jump right back in there, see how it goes, you and your sobriety are the most important thing in all this and your baby of course, let everything else take a back seat for now, concentrate on staying sober and everything else will fall into place.

Hi Apple, glad to hear you avoided the mulled wine too. I enjoyed the day yesterday, but I think I've had my fill of Christmas Markets, just can't be mithered with all those people. I've never been to London so I bet that Market was even busier than York. It was good to be able to appreciate all the sights though, like York Minster Cathedral and all the old buildings with the beautiful achitecture.

Hi Steve, it really is cold isn't it and please tell me you're wearing your coat now! Enjoy your dinner, though I'm sure you will.

I'll go and do my other posts now, so see you all later

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody. Throwing back a cup of Twining's English breakfast tea before I head to work. Keeps me on a wavelength with you fine folks overseas. I have a feeling Dee has English roots, too, but I'll leave that to him to confirm or deny.

Good day yesterday. In a fit of craziness, I won an English saddle on ebay. Nice older saddle, not a lot of money. But I don't have a horse! lol Oh well, at least the obsession to shop for one has now left me.

Have a great day, friends.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Good morning everybody,

Nuway you could ship it over to Jodie if she rides English style lol.

LLG sorry to hear you are upset. Sending you hugs.

Grace I'm in York and didn't see you! LOL. That sounds like a nice journey as does yours to London, Apple. Wonderful that you both resisted the mulled wine.

Steve, you must burn a lot of calories in your workouts and walking.

Off to get some errands done and maybe stop by the PR meeting, it's Area Sunday. I saw online that "our" house is marked "under contract" now so that brought a smile.

See you later!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuway2fly View Post
In a fit of craziness, I won an English saddle on ebay. Nice older saddle, not a lot of money. But I don't have a horse!

Thanks for giving me a good laugh!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

LLG:

I'm sorry if my comments made you cry; that was not my intent. I think that you are doing amazingly well under the circumstances. What I wrote was not a criticism, but my observation, which may or may not be correct. Life is always going to throw us ups and downs and what works best for me is a slow, steady approach. That was my point, however what works for me may not work for everyone, as we are all different.

26 for me was the age where things finally started coming together as an adult. The early 20's are a very tough time as one defines oneself on his or her own terms. The process of accepting and rejecting parts of ones upbringing requires a lot of soul searching and then becoming comfortable with oneself. For all of us, this process is one that includes a delicate balancing act between doubt and confidence, trial and error and ultimately self-affirmation. Self growth is a life long process.

You are doing a great job juggling so many things. Be kind and gentle with yourself, for it is inner peace that will carry you in life. Self love allows us to give love freely and unconditionally.

Big hugs to you and your precious baby boy.

Slim
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Another day nearly done...Great gym session today followed by a huge Sunday lunch that I cooked us,I ate half a chicken,loads of roast potatoes,loads of veg and covered the lot in lashings of gravy...Easily 1500 calories that was wolfed down in ten minutes or less....Feeling a little festive I also chucked 3 mince pies down my neck and a quarter of a tub of ice cream....Talking of ice cream I'm sure I can fit in a little more...I'll be back later class....Take care....Steve..
Old 12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a feeling Dee has English roots, too, but I'll leave that to him to confirm or deny.
Not really LOL - immersed in English culture being Australian I guess...but mostly I'm German with a bit of Irish ancestry...family's been Aussie for many generations tho

D
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

21.35 Sun

Good evening August family, hoping you've all had a happy and sober Sunday. Don't know what happened with the pics I tried to post today. Oh well, not to worry.

Nuway, a cup of tea is the best way to start the day! Ha ha can't believe you bought a saddle, that is so funny, are you hoping Santa will bring you a horse?

Stairs, was that not you I was waving to in your new coat? The 'under contract' sign is very promising.

Hi Slim, hope your feeling well and rested and looking after yourself. That was a lovely post you did there to our LLG, you are so thoughtful. xx

Steve, you're a beast, a food monster!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Woops, I hadn't quite finished.

Hi Dee, have a great day.

Night night, sleep well
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey every one. I hope its ok for me to post. I am an emotional mess seriouslyy!! Slim, you didn't make me cry at all. I was already there. I drank yesterday, but i dont regret it because i went out dancing and i had 2 drinks and danced my arse off and went home and feel great today, physically.

I need to get my emotional in check and fast. My sweety is still hanging in there even though I'm freaking nuts with all the things I say. He said I'm crazy and maybe we can work things out when I'm sane. He was so spot on I couldn't say anything else. He just messaged me saying he really still wants to work things out. I just started crying because I know I've got bigger problems. Depression? Low self esteem? I don't know but I know I need help. Be 100% sober? Is that the answer? Last night was fun, but it was like I getting revenge on myself if that make sense. I could have fun without drinking I've done it before and there's no risk involved.

Talk to me I know you guys are much wiser than I am. I know you all have a lot of stuff going and I hate to be the thread attention hog right now but I lost and I don't have much time before I need to start getting real busy.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LLG

does it really matter that you feel OK tho?

The times when I drank and nothing happened were the most dangerous for me, because they made me forget about all the times the bad stuff did happen.

Look I don't enjoy this, but I have to say this, if only for others who might be reading this in months to come...I promise I won't say anymore

You've been here a long time - we know each other from years back.

I've seen you turn away from recovery and go back to social drinking - more than once.

It didn't work those times.
I don't think it's going to work this time either.

I'd like nothing better than for it to work for you and never have a problem again, but
it doesn't work like that.

I've tried to ignore my problem. I've tried to live a normal life.
I crashed and burned.

I think to get better we have to accept what we are.

I really, really urge you to think about where you're headed.
It's not just about you anymore, it's about your son too.

D
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LLG, of course it's OK to post and let us know what's going on with you. Nobody thinks you're a thread hog. We're all here to help each other, and it's your turn to be on the receiving end. Next time, it could well be me.

I don't understand all the dynamics between you and your guy. It does sound like a lot of on-again, off-again stuff. Not sure if it's one or both of you, but that kind of thing can make anybody crazy. Is this the kind of emotional environment you need to surround yourself with while so many major changes are happening in your life? I can only say that I couldn't handle it, either when I was your age or now.

Listen to what Dee has said. He's 100% correct. Folks like us can't have it both ways. Yeah, you "only" had two drinks, and you feel OK physically today. But unless you're somehow different from the other 15 billion humans who live or have lived on this planet in all of history, it won't stay that way. It's only a downhill, dead-end road. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Sure, I can imagine that I hear the AV in your head: "But I'm so young! I can't imagine living my entire life without ever drinking again." So don't think about your entire life. Just think about today. Then tomorrow. Then the next day.

Don't be jealous of someone like me, who finally quit at 56. What I wouldn't give to have the last 15+ years of my life back so I wouldn't let all the wasted time slip through my fingers. You have the chance for an early parole, an early redemption.

Dang, I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing. I'm really just trying to encourage you. This is what I have at this moment, but I'm sure the rest of the gang will say more and better things shortly.

Honey, it's not just your life. Be there, be ALL there, for your son.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I have not been here much lately; I hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well. I been busy with life in general.... active in my kid's lives (2 play school basketball), busy with work, busy at home (putting up tons of Christmas decorations), etc.

I picked up my 4 month chip at an AA meeting tonight..... YEAH! Today is my 124th consecutive day of sobriety! I've gone to 110 meetings in that time. Working the steps, going to meetings, staying close to my sponsor is what is working for me! I actually have some days when I rarely if ever think about alcohol.... I was unable to go even a day without drinking, so I must say, I have come a long, long way.

Thanks to you all for your support and friendship.

-----------------
Johnny
Sober Date Aug. 1, 2012
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations JohnnyOneDay

D
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Congrats JohnnyOneDay!

Dee, your right. your really right.

Nu, thanks for your words too

It would hurt more to break up with my sweety. He is being so understanding and patient. I need to figure out my recovery. I think once I truly have my recovery stuff together everything else will be less "crazy". I know better. I want to do better. My son is amazing and I want to be an amazing mother to him. I need to work the steps I mean what do I have to lose by working the steps at least once right? Just giving it a wholehearted try all the way for once.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

10.50 Mon

Hi LLG, I’m glad you posted and I hope you continue to do so. I can only re-iterate what both Dee and Nuway have said to you, they’re right you know!
You’ve been on a massive rollercoaster of emotions, with both your recovery and your relationship issues. Maybe dealing with these two things at the same time plus trying to be a good mummy and the job worries is just too much for you to handle all in one go.
Since we all ‘met’ in August your relationship with your man has been very tempestuous and erratic, just as drinking and drugging is!!!
I’m don’t wish to come over as a ‘know it all’ because I’m anything but, God knows I’ve had my share of relationship problems, as you all know.
I think maybe you need to sit down and think carefully about your priorities in life, as Dee said, this is no longer all about you, that gorgeous little boy of yours deserves some stability in his life, as do you and he or you are not going to have that if you continue the way you are!
At 26 I had an 8 year old son and a three year old daughter, I hardly ever drank then. I started drinking, but not heavily in my early 40’s with the occasional glass or two of wine, that grew over the years till at 58 that one or two glasses had grown into one or two ( two more often than not, and more at the weekend) bottles four nights a week! See that shows how alcoholism is a progressive disease, it creeps up on you slowly, then BAMM!
At 26 you have many, many years ahead of you, so please don’t be like me and waste them. You are clever and you have the ability to make your life a full and happy one for both you and your little son. I have wasted so much time, lost so many precious memories, we only have one life, that we know of, LLG, so make it the best one you can! Only you have the power to turn your life around, so do it, starting now, do it! You know you can!
I hope I have not offended you in anything I have said, it has all been said with love and concern for you.
Big hugs to both you and Ryan (( ))
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

10.55 Monday/3c and pouring down

Morning all, I'm in work today and we're busy, so trying to make it quick.
I thought I was really clever last night. it was freezing so I thought I would be extra organised and prepared for this morning. As I have to leave my car on the front, I went out about 18.30, sprayed all the front windscreen with de-icer and covered it all with newspapers, feeling very smug I then settled down to watch tv. Two hours later I went to let the cats out and it was absolutely bouncing down with rain!!!! Oh my, decided i better not wait until this morning, so I threw my coat on over my p.j's and went out and removed the sodden mess stuck to my windscreen. That'll teach me for being such a smart a*rse!

On a happy note, I've just had a message from my daughter, saying the operation to remove the bead from my g.daughters ear went ahead successfully this morning and she was a little star!

Nuway, hi, that was a lovely, caring post you wrote.

Dee you are 100% right in what you say.

Johhny, massive congrats on 4 months, you've come so far. Well done you!!

Must dash

See you laters

Stay safe and sober.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Congratulations, Johnny!

LLG, speaking for myself, those 2 drinks are a lie that I use to myself so that I can end up drunk as a skunk on a daily basis a few months later with my life a complete mess. I have never successfully drank in moderation, not one time. Your re-dedication to your recovery sounds like a great idea. I remember how stressful it is to be a full time working mom with little ones. Glad your guy is being patient with you, as I'm sure you are with him also. Can you take some LLG time and put him on limited access for a brief time, just to take a step back from that emotionally somewhat? That helps me when I get wrapped up in my relationship sometimes.

I do this thing now where I say out loud, "I'm my own best friend". Corny and weird, right? It makes me feel good toward myself.

Well Grace I'm glad your granddaughter's ear is bead free and sorry you had to go out in the rain and clean up that mess.

The meeting last eve was a good one and glad I went. Though lately people have been getting on my nerves. lol. I think my little bubble of oblivion is dissipating and getting to know people as real human beings both wonderful and flawed is an adjustment. "Principles before Personalities". That's why we have that tradition. lol. I'm talking about conflict among members, and gossip. Rather than avoid I am learning to cope without getting sucked in.
Well we're all on the same track with the same goal.

I am tired, only got a few hours sleep then time to get up with Sweetie. I think I will read "The Dome", yep still reading it, it's a humongous book and maybe catch a few more hours if I fall asleep reading.

I will be back later, hugs to all!