Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 3"... Come & encourage them!

Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just read your posts - inspirational. Tuesday morning here in Oz....have a great sober day!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Jim, you can do it. I know that dreaded feeling. Thanks for reminding me. In sobriety, it can be easy to forget how awful alcohol can make us feel, physically and emotionally.

Use that awful feeling to fuel your wish to be sober.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Day 12 just starting me mucca's.....
Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

09.05 Tue, grey and icy

Good morning Unders and a happy Tuesday to you all. Go get yourself a good nights sleep Dee, you deserve it.

Dragon, here's wishing you a good sober day too!

Rochele I can remember waking up with that feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Another thing I'm not missing!

Steve, you're almost on a fortnight. Woo hoo! Keep going.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Another sober day dawns... I took my son to a meeting last night. It was nice to hear his honesty, although he admitted it may be very tough for him to stay clean and sober... Anyhow thinks are ok with me. Feeling OK, just busy at work and worried about my boy.

I hope everyone has a safe and sober day!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thats progress indeed Wifi for you and your son, well done. Things have a way of working out, just you keep on going.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Howdy

Hi Everyone, it's 1pm and partly cloudy and 6c at the moment, not a bad day.

I thought I would just check in and see how everyone is doing? Keeping well I hope and staying off the stuff..

C
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I am Harley!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. It's been a busy day, just a quick check in.

It's a little bit "warmer" -15C, but wind is just terrible.

I hope everyone is doing well and have good plans how to face all the Holiday temptations. I'm working on mine)

WiFi - congrats on another sober dawn. It's so great to wake up with clear head.

SoberJim - Maybe, sometimes we need to be scared to make the right decision. Stick to the dicision you made - no first drink. It's my little cheer-up for you:

Your name is Jim, and you are sober,
Today. Who cares of the past?
We have today - passed days are over,
Stick to the present, it's a must.

And my best wishes to all.

Have a good day/night)
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Midnight...Thank you for the post.

Have a good night!

Jim
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

LOL. you always make me smile. I'm doing really well, just feel a little down the last day or two. One of the employees said I was being a little cranky with them lately.

Received a Christmas card from ... wait for it... my mothers brothers wife who was dissapointed I didn't come to Halifax this year to see her, and hopes to see me next year. So... I will be in England in 2013 and visiting my favourite place. - York! I love her dearly and she's always been there for me my whole life.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train!

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
I am Harley!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and hopefully lend my support.

I don t log on to SR often enough and say thanks for all the help its given me in the past.

This is THE most important thread on SR, in my opinion, first 30 days are the hardest to get through.

Think I checked in here about 3/4 times a day when I was starting out.

Best wishes to everyone starting their journey just now, it really is so doable and so worth it.

Just keep going, and I know its easy to say but things just do get gradually easier.

5 years ago I just couldnt contemplate a day without alcohol, now I cant imagine myself ever wanting a drink again. I don t have to work at that any more and go weeks, months even, without even thinking about it.

There is no magic wand though, I like many others started out in this thread just like you se are doing. I relied on the people at the same stage as me for support. I remember being so chuffed when I got to 30 days, think the next step up then was 90 days and that just seemed impossible, we got there though, before I knew it a year had passed, then two, three, four ..........

When you break it down though, its simple, you just dont take that drink today, todays is the only one you have to worry about, not next weeks or next months.

I remember not believing it at the time but its so true, all any of us can do is not drink today.

I always think its harder at this time of year when everyone else is out partying, its also a great time to be smug though when you see your coworkers making folls of themselves and struggling through hangovers.

If you want to do this, you so can, get through today and accept all the help thats offered.

Hope everyone stays safe and has a great Christmas and New year.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

09.45 Wed, dark and cold

Good morning to all you Under 30's.

Just want to share with you all that I'm on 4 calendar months today, or 123 days or 18 wks, and I'm feeling good. Life is good and I like the feeling of being in control of what's happening in mine!

Hi Midnight, I hope that the wind has dropped. I don't like it when it's very windy, I'm always afraid of the damage it may cause. Keep meaning to tell you, I love your avatar.
Here's wishing you a good day and try and fit some time for you in it.

Hi Jim, keep on going, a day at a time, we're all with you on this, right by your side.

Harley, we get times like that whether we're drinking or not, just part of life I suppose and maybe a bit of pre Christmas stress, it will pass, I'm sure. oooh your coming over to the U.K next Christmas, that'll be something to look forward to, start buying your winter woollies now. Lol.

Off now to do a bit of work, today's my last day until 31/12.

Stay safe and sober all.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Fizzywater we must have been posting at the same time. Thank you so much for popping by and sharing that post with us, so inspiring, just awesome.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning all- checking in on day 46. This thread - Grace, EQ, Midnight - helped me so much the first 30 and still does, so I still read here often. Had a few rough days in the past week, yesterday in particular but I'm still here, still going. The holidays are particularly stressful, but once I see those 3 boys smiling faces all the work will be well worth it. Once things settle down, I've got some things I know I need to work on.

The timing here is always spot on for me...besides all your posts, the matra's always do wonders for me, love these today...

"There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you."
"JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine."
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
Old 12-19-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Grace - Congrats on 4 months!! You truly are amazing Grace.

Since you and EQ are always so kind to give us the Banana Boys...I thought I'd give you, the The Dancing Bunnies...

Have a great day!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

FizzyWater - Excellent post! It doesn't feel so impossible when I read posts like that. One day I want to write somthing like that.

Grace...AWESOME 4 months....thank you for all your support and encouragement!

Last night I thought about what you said about think as the AV as a gargoyle on your shoulder. 'I' don't want to drink, 'it' does. At the moment it is about the size of a small rat sitting on my shoulder late in the evening.

It whispers thinks to me like ...'its ok...tomorrow is a new day..just one more evening..not much....just a couple of beers...start again tomorrow'.

I actually visualize it. I don't like it...'It' wants to drink..not me.

Sounds weird, but it seems to work in an odd way. Eventually the rat will get smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

Have a good day everyone...

Jim
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Quick hi while I'm having my break.

Thank you all for your congrats and kind words, they mean so much.

Forme, it's lovely to see you posting, you were missed. You're doing so well, very nearly upon a milestone, 50 days. Sorry to hear you've had a few rough days, we do get bad days whether we're drinking or not and I'm sure they wlll soon pass. This is a very stressful time of year too for most of us, which doesn't help, this is why we must plan ahead. Keep going Forme, one day at a time, we're all by your side.
I just LOVE the rabbits by the way, so cute, thank you.

Hi Jim, glad you found my Gargoyle approach helpful, it's good to be able to visualise your A.V as an evil, nasty little rat on your shoulder. Makes it easier to tell it where to to take itself!

I'm off again

See you later.

on your shoulder.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!!

Just a quick check in... Things are going pretty good!

FizzyWater - Thanks for you post and support. It really helps to give us hope in early sobriety!

Grace2 - Congrats on 4 months! You are such an awesome supportive part of this tread and we surely appreciate it!

ForMeForThem - Congrats on 46 days. That is totally cool and I am glad you still hand around here supporting us new folks.

SoberJim, and everyone else - Hope things are well and keep up the good work!!!

Have a safe and sober day!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all) I checked my nutrition diary - it says that my sobriety time is kind of scary figures - 66)) I'm suffering from crippling headache today. In addition, I decided to make some renovation in the flat by myself, so I'm kind of tired a little bit of playing with an electric drill and a screwdriver.

WiFi - glad to see another positive post from you. Keep it up!

Grace - congrats on 4 months!!!! Thank you for your support, encouragement, and great sense of humour) 6

Forme - I've been thinking today that haven't seen you posting for awhile, and been wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear you are Ok)

FizzyWater - what a great post! Thank you so much!

SoberJim - yes, this little nasty AV always says that tomorrow will be better, and another day, and so on. And there's always "tomorrow". And then, after two months we look back and wish we had stopped that day. Don't listen to it. "The harder you work the harder it is to surrender". This little beast feeds on your fears and doubts, so make it starve and move forward)

My best wishes to all.

Have a good day)