Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 9

Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. I had a late workout today, so need some time to "unwind" before going to sleep.

Nicky - sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you'll get better soon.

GrooveChick - welcome. I'm also in "gym-obsessive" company) But recently I decided that there is some common sense in avoiding overtraining.

Bloss - We have exactly the same weather - wet, and rainy, and warm. Quite unusual for the first of December. I like when it's warm - Jack Frost look good only in Xmas fairy tales)

Grace - I hope you are having just great trip to York and having fun)

HarleyDad - glad to see you here)

And my best wishes to all!

Have a great day)
Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

EFC - I'm with you. And be extremely thankful for your girlfriend. At least she's coming over and you have company and she will be there to support you. I'm on Day/Night number 2 of EXTREME boredom. Thankfully I have plans tomorrow morning and then it's Football for the rest of the day.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MidnightBlue;3697093]Nicky - sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you'll get better soon.

Thank Midnight. Feeling better thanks just left with this horrible cough after having cold last week. Glad you've enjoyed your free day.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
EFC

JJay- Believe me, I am. She's a godsend and so supportive. When I first found this site and read a slew of random threads, I was astonished at how many people have significant others that were not only often unsupportive, but sometimes outright saying "I just don't understand why we can't have some drinks with dinner" etc.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by EFC View Post
JJay- Believe me, I am. She's a godsend and so supportive. When I first found this site and read a slew of random threads, I was astonished at how many people have significant others that were not only often unsupportive, but sometimes outright saying "I just don't understand why we can't have some drinks with dinner" etc.
That's awesome I'm glad to hear that. Hold onto her!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi folks up late watching a movie and sober.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Hi folks up late watching a movie and sober.
Which movie? Sorry, I'm a movie buff and I'm curious
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Sadly I am watching Role Models on FX.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a few days but have been reading everything. I'm so envious of people getting to visit Santa! I need to borrow some kids and go myself! Still sick. Lost my voice for a few days (a relief for people around me!). Now have a cough and I can't sleep because everytime I lie down, it gets worse. Sleeping sitting up is pretty tricky! I've been off work all week. First night back tonight and it was tough. Anyway, hope you're all having a good weekend. xx
Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Caledonia - love your new avatar!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
I am insanely bored out of my mind... my fiance hasn't been around much, hanging out at his friends ALL the time and my kids left to their dads like 2 hours ago. I don't have a tv! And I would read, but I have had a killer headache for 3 days! Blah... I have been playing games on my phone for the last hour haha.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Ampsmarie View Post
I am insanely bored out of my mind... my fiance hasn't been around much, hanging out at his friends ALL the time and my kids left to their dads like 2 hours ago. I don't have a tv! And I would read, but I have had a killer headache for 3 days! Blah... I have been playing games on my phone for the last hour haha.
Talk to me! I'll entertain you for a bit I'm just as bored as you are.

Walkingwithgod - why unfortunately?! I think that movie is hilarious.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Talk to me! I'll entertain you for a bit I'm just as bored as you are.

Walkingwithgod - why unfortunately?! I think that movie is hilarious.
I am a movie buff as well and like Role Models. Most people I know hate.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
I am a movie buff as well and like Role Models. Most people I know hate.
I like almost anything Paul Rudd does. He's great. And Ken Jeong is great as always.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sunday 10am

Hi Undies

Lovely fresh morning here but as usual ccc.cccc.....cold.

WWG Fantastic news you knocked that AV and enjoyed a film instead. Just the start you need. Stay strong.

Eli Sorry to hear you've not been well, I've been the same and the *cough* is a killer. Hope it dwindles soon. Aww Santa was really good if you were closer you could borrow my 2, the wee one want s to go again......haha My new avatar reminds me of our late wee kitty, sadly we lost her at a young age, she was run over. This pic is just the spit of her.

Ampsmarie I actually envy you being bored, I'm the opposite these days, I'd give anything for a bit of space and time on my own. As much as I love my family it can get pretty hectic in this household at times.......phew. Keep up the good work. Hope you find something special to relieve the boredom.

JJay You're sounding so positive, it's lovely to read your posts.

EFC Support IS a godsend and I'm glad you've got someone to share this with.

Well I haven't quite decided what to do today. There's plenty of ideas kicking about the house and I'm still in PJ's.

Just enjoying a lovely Sunday, sober morning at the moment.

Tanja How's the furry family keeping these days? My poor cat's got hte cold at the moment. Poor wee nose running constantly. Any ideas what I could give him or should I just take him to the vet if he doesn't improve?

Bloss Thank you for all your kind words and experience. Much appreciated.

Hey Grace How was the York trip? Hope you got lots of Christmassy goodies. Missed you yesterday.

To all you special Undies hope your all enjoying this sober weekend and feel content within.

Hugs
x
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Warm welcome ID10T to the *Undies*

Great bunch of people here with lots of encouragement and support.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Nicky.

I think that considering you are still coughing it won't hurt you to stay all day in PJs having some hot tea, milk or whatever is your favourite). I wish I could give you advice about your cat's cold, but I'm not a "cat person", so I'm absolutely useless here).

Have a good day and get well)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

13.20 Sunday, freezing 2c

Good afternoon Sunday Fundies

O.M.G so many posts since I was last here!

Had a good day yesterday and did start posting last night, but I was tired and just had to call it a day. York is beautiful but it was ram jam full, heaving up with people. Had a nice lunch in Nando's then afternoon tea later on. We were inundated with offers of hot mulled wine while going round the market but I didn't succumb to the temptation. Travelled all that way and all I bought was a little sweater for the g.son, a hat for me, which I put on there and then and a selection of cheeses! There are some photos of York on the Newbie bus if any of you get chance of a quick look.

Hi jjay, oh well, it was worth a try, I've got some washing in the dryer right now as it happens. A family breakfast sounds good and you are sounding more cheerful these days now you're working I'm happy to see. Glad to hear you're having a little rest from the gym, think you needed it.

Hi Bloss, it was lovely thank you, you'd have enjoyed seeing the cathedral and the archecture of the old buildings,

Hi Nicky, I didn't do much retail therapy, but I'll be doing plenty of that over the next week or so when I have to get all my Christmas presents bought! I hope everything is okay with you Nicky, if you want to share you know where I am, I am well used to 'family stuff' as you know.
I hope your cough gets better soon, those tickly coughs are sooo irritating and it doesn't help either when they keep you awake.
Glad you enjoyed visiting Santa and how lucky were you getting the 'real deal'. we've only seen the pretend ones up to now!
Oh and what's the welcome Idiots all about. ha ha ha ha. The way I read it made me lol

Hi Midnight, I'm so glad you got some well earned sleep at last, bet you feel much better for it.

Hello GrooveChick, good to see you here, welcome. Come and join us more often, the more the merrier.

EFC, I can completely relate to what you said there, being home alone was a big 'wine time' for me. I could go out for the evening with friends or family and not drink, but I'd then make up for it when I got home and especially when I was home alone Sat or Sunday. I keep myself mega busy now and I am so much more productive now I'm not drinking.

WWG, I'm proud of you, keep on going through today and you'll be on that podium tomorrow.xxx

Hi Eli, sorry you've been sick and I hope you're much better soon. I have some kids you can borrow for the weekend if you like, feel free! Borrow my husband too if you wish!

Oh AmpsMarie, sorry you had such a boring evening alone, we're never satisfied are we, what I would give for a night alone with no T.V! I live with the phantom channel flicker! The remote control is like an extra appendage on my husband, I only have to look away for a sec and a different channel is on, I've virtually given up watching tv because of this, just start getting interested in something and oops it's gone!

Getting writers cramp now.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot
Old 12-02-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Aww thanks Midnight, I'm actually feeling ok, just the cough. Bet you're feeling great after your long lie. Well deserved I recon. As for the cat, he's a tough wee cookie so he'll be fine. Thanks anyway.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Nicky,

The furry family is keeping me quite busy. I took my "problem child" to the vet on Friday for an ear infection. Picked up the pups (neutering) on saturday. The pups are separated to keep them on the mend. I have medications for the one dog with eye issues, another dog with ear infection and medication for the pups. I feel like I am running a vet clinic I hope both you and your kitty feel better soon. I would take your kitty to the vet. It might be something other than a cold. Both my cats have herpes and that mimics a cold. The one cat got it from the animal shelter I adopted her from and infected my other cat.

Take care of yourself.