Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 9

Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Over 1 mo. Under 2 mo.

Thanks Grace, I'm not worried at all. I have a lot of willpower when I need it.

Caledonia, IMO.. kids will say that to their other parent when one parent gives the proper discipline and the other doesn't. It has to be a balanced affair and if it's not, then this is what happens. It's up to their dad to balance this out and to make sure the things they are saying is not a good way to be. IMO.

Grace, although there's lots of info on the net about Melatonin, it is a good way to get a goods night rest. Although it doesn't put you to sleep, it tricks your body into thinking it's time to go to sleep. LOL. A lot of people that travel accross time zones will use it to reduce the jet lag. It really does help.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Harleyda Yes I agree that this is can also true.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. It's 0.30 a.m., and I'm just half-alive.

I closed down a big project today, so I hope tomorrow I'll take some rest and sort out my sleeping.

My best wishes to all.

Have a great sober weekend!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

EFC - I mentioned in another thread that most alcoholics/addicts have addictive personalities overall. Now my addictions turned to working out and (when I have the money) tattoos. It's hard to just do something at a regular pace. It seems like if I'm into something I go ALL IN.

Amps - SUPER BEAR *HUGS*

Grace - I'm feeling about 96.7% now! Not bad The only thing bothering me is my throat. I was around second hand smoke all week. To all the smokers out there I don't know how you do it. It's your right and if it makes you happy then God Bless. But after a week of breathing in second hand smoke I can taste and feel it in my throat. YUCK.

All done with work for the week and now I don't have any plans til 11AM Sunday. I really want to get out and do something but can't find anyone that wants to go somewhere that liquor won't be staring me in the face. Ahhh, well... it is what it is.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Friday afternoon about 2:45 p.m.

Rainy day here. Still hanging in there, taking things as they come.

Everyone have a warm, safe and most of all sober Friday
Bloss
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies and I hope you've all had a good Friday.

Right well tomorrow I am going to have some ME time!!! I am going on trip organised by work to York Christmas market. York is about 80 miles way, I was going to take my mum as a treat but as my brother went to Thailand a few weeks ago and my Dad can't be left alone, I'm taking my daughter's mother out law, we get on really, really well, she is very chatty and bubbly, whereas I am very quiet so we sort of complement each other. We are getting the coach at 08.45, it takes about two hours to get there, dependant on the weather and the traffic We will be going through the Penines and the Yorkshire Moores, which are very bleak and often snowing. Once we get there, Mandy and myself will be ladies that lunch then off to the Christmas Market, which sells all kinds of unusual Christmas faire and gifts. The plan is to leave at 18.00 so we're looking at getting home around 20.30 ish, so I won't be here tomorrow until night time! I'm really looking forward to it.

WWG, you have the urge worse on a Friday, because your usual routine is to finish work on a Friday for the week end and call and buy booze on the way home, it's become a bad habit, that's why you need to plan ahead and change your routine a bit. You have to stay focused and say a bit NO to the A.V.

Hi Nicky, as you can see I am taking your advice and having some me time tomorrow! I need to try and fit in a new haircut at some point next week too!

Hi AmpsMarie, sorry to hear you've had a blah day, don't let it get to you and don't let the A.V sweet talk you because you're a bit down. The kids, well that's kids for you, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what they said, they're playing you off against each other I think. In a couple of weeks they will probably be saying the same thing about their Dad!

Hi Harley, I admire your fortitude and thanks for explaining about Melatonin, I'd never heard of before until a couple of days ago when I saw someone else here mention it.

Midnight, thank goodness you've closed that project, now get some sleep will you?

Jjay 96.7% sounds pretty damn good to me! I know exactly what you mean about second hand smoke, with being a none smoker I can smell and taste it at 60 paces away and like you I mean no offence to anyone who smokes, to each his own!
Oh and if you've nothing to do over the week end feel free to come and clean up for me or do my ironing, there's plenty to share!

Right then I'm off

See you all tomorrow night

Night night, sleep well.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Grace, I do ironing the Man's way. That means I take whatever wrinkly clothes I have, put them in the dryer for 10-15 minutes and Ta-Da!... no more wrinkles!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

JJay: that's the same way we iron ours, there are still wrinkles...it's CA casual
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Grace: your trip to York sounds so nice...driving through the moors...sounds like books I've read. Have a good time.
Bloss
Old 12-01-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Grace Love the sound of your trip. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy especially a Christmas Market. Enjoy your day.x
Old 12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Sat 9am

Hi Undies

It's still extremely cold here but thankfully the sun is out too.

Off to see Santa today.....lol This is our 3rd attempt, first I got the times wrong and yesterday Santa wasn't even there, he's only there at the weekends. So booked our slot today. Here's hoping no more mishaps.

Went to a meeting last night but couldn't relax. Long story, family stuff.

Enjoy your day/evening.

Catch you all later
x
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck Nicky

D
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

I slept till noon today. My, it feels good to have a good sleep at last.

I'll catch on you later)

Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Midnight - I woke up at 5:30 this morning without an alarm 'cause that's what I'd done all week to get up for the gym. Definitely went back to sleep though!

Day 18 starting here. I'm going out to breakfast with the people who gave birth to me and then going to the gym. After that my day is wide open. We got a nice dusting of snow overnight.

Hope all you Thunder Unders have a great day!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey, JJay - I can totally relate! I'm a bit of an obsessive gym goer as well - moderation? what's that? Go big or go home, I say! Anyway, congrats on your sobriety, your new job AND your huge biceps!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sat 4.30pm

Hi Guys

Glad you both have rested well. Much needed by the sound of it.

Quite tired myself today as been coughing everynight since I had this cold and therefore not been sleeping well at all.

Had a real fun day visiting Santa Claus today. Think we got the REAL deal today...haha
Well according to my youngest.

Just having a quiet night in tonight and catch up on some good reading on SR.

Hi Eli Hope you're having a good day. x

Bye For Now.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Thanks GrooveChick! I went to the gym after breakfast with my parents today but 45 minutes into my workout my body said, "Okay, that's enough. Time for a break." I've been going to the gym every morning before my shift and then doing physically demanding work all day and my body finally kinda shut down. I'm gonna take the rest of the weekend off from the gym and get back at it Monday morning.

Gonna try to find something to watch and relax this afternoon.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Saturday, wet and rainy...not too cold, except for us!

Nicky: sorry you're under the weather, a cough can really wear you out. Smiles that you made it to see Santa! Try to rest and stay warm!

((Hugs)) to all the under one group....
Bloss
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
EFC

Lazy Saturdays are killer for me. I used to just sit home, watch sports and drink for 12 straight hours. Thankfully my GF is coming over later but this particular part of the week is always the most difficult. It's strange; I can go to a bar with friends for a few hours and not have any urge to drink at all, even if they are drinking around me. Yet being home by myself, just watching sports is a massive struggle.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sat 8.20pm

Thanks bloss Everyone in PJ's early tonight so just about to sit back and relax now and do a bit more on-line shopping. Love spending money I really shouldn't

EFC Hang on in there, it's good you reconise these danger times. Stay strong.

Bye for now. Maybe pop by later.
x