Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 9

Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=bloss;3694076] I am trying to be mindful of the small, important things in life to be grateful for.

bloss that's a great way of looking at things at the moment. Wishing Blossom all the best and praying for a good outcome.

Take Care
x
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

For some reason as I get ready to leave the office I want to drink more now than ever. But, I also don't want to be hungover tomorrow or wasted around my family. I really hate this disease today.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

(posted this in the Nov 12 and Under 30 Days Threads)

Hey everyone. Day 16 here. I was already to post "SWEET SIXTEEN!!! WHOOO!!!" this morning but today has been so crappy. I woke up early and went to the gym. Everything was going fine and then about 45 minutes later I broke out into a cold sweat. Not the kind you get from working out. Then I felt really, really nauseous. Tried to fight it but had to run to the bathroom and got sick. I felt a little bit better so I went back to lifting. After two more sets I knew I had to leave. I went home and laid down hoping I'd feel better before my shift. That didn't happen so I missed work I just got up a little while ago and it's nearly 5PM. I'm feeling quite a bit better but now since I missed work and didn't answer my friends and families calls and texts they all assume I've been drinking. I know this is a fair assumption since I've lied in the past and I haven't earned their trust back but it's still upsetting.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Just calling in to say goodnight.

It's been such a long day and I'm sooo tired. Got home from work and my son was waiting for me! Not too bad anyway, I fed him and then drove him home. There's a huge battle going on between him and his ex but I'm doing my best to stay neutral. Big sigh!

Hi Midnight, I hope you managed to get some rest, you sound so busy!

EFC, hi and you just keep staying strong, you know you can do it!

WWG, Matt there are loads of things you could do this week end with your daughter, especially with Christmas coming up, you could start making Christmas cards with her or collect pine cones and stick glitter all over them or make cookies, there is no limit to the things you can do with a three year old! Remember, busy, busy, busy! The things you do with her will one day be her childhood memories, precious times!

You want to drink as you're leaving the office because that has been your routine for so long, like a bad habit! The A.V knows this and is playing you that is why you need to plan ahead and change your routine a little. Bad habits can be broken, if you want to break them!

Nicky, it's lovely when they're little isn't it, hard work, but rewarding.

Hi Bloss, stop being so hard on yourself, things happen for a reason and there are things that you just can't do anything about. You're doing the best you can for your Blossom so just let things run their course and see what happens.
I'm trying not to get too stressed Bloss and I know what you're saying, he's an adult and needs to be taking responsibility for his own actions, he's so blooming demanding though and I always seem to be at the receiving end of his demands! Things are just that bit harder because there is an innocent 3 yr old involved here. I think one day at a time for me too, well for all of us really, is the only way!

Hi Nicky, I'm liking your new 'just for today' mantra.

Well with that I'm off to bed

Night night, sleep well
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Whoops Jjay, I nearly forgot you! Firstly, day 16 is a fantastic achievement and don't let anything put a downer on that. Sorry you were not so well today, but you just show your friends and family that they thought wrong, actions speak better than words, so just pick yourself up and keep going.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Thanks! I appreciate it I think I'm gonna try to turn in early so I'm at least close to 100% for tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, JJay.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Since I'm suffering from insomnia tonight (4.30 a.m. now), I'd come out with some advice: go easy on yourself with your early everyday workouts before work. I once overtrained and just like you was about to faint in the gym. You'll get your huge biceps, don't worry).
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, JJay.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Since I'm suffering from insomnia tonight (4.30 a.m. now), I'd come out with some advice: go easy on yourself with your early everyday workouts before work. I once overtrained and just like you was about to faint in the gym. You'll get your huge biceps, don't worry).
I'll try to cut back some. I know I'm not used to 8-9 hours of straight non-stop manual labor. I was an insurance agent sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day for almost a decade so this is new. I've got my huge biceps... I just want 'em even more huge! LOL

I'm feeling much better right now but I'm gonna try to get a lot of sleep tonight so I'm ready to go in the morning.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Fri. 10.30am

Morning everyone!

Oh JJay so sorry you were unwell but my first thought was like Midnight you're doing way too much exercise. Besides huge biceps are enough...lol

Midnight I really wish you could get some sleep. Everything can seem harder without proper sleep. What remedies have you tried in the past?

Grace Oh dear, you too are having a difficult time, what with your current son and ex situation. Ufortunately I can only ofer words of comfort and say a wee prayer that this situation is resolved quickly and with a favourable outcome for the wee one and yourself.
Hang in there, soberiety is strength. x

Hey there bloss and Tanja. I hope all your lovely furry family are either on the mend or behaving themselves. We all think the world of our family pets, I'm sure my Tess (dog) is part human they way she looks at me at times.

WWG So what you up to today? I'm off to see Santa with the girls as school is off today again. Think I'm more excited than them. My eldest daughter is just going through the motions for the sake of her wee sis. bless her not spoiling the fun.

Finally to all my other special friends here, have a healthy, happy and sober weekend.

I'm feeling much better now, just an irritating cough, poor hubby.....lol

Take care and stay strong.
Big Hugs
x
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good morning, Nicky.

Usually some mild herbal medicines work Ok for me with insomnia. My insomnia is not permanent and is not straightly related to sobriety. It's more like "ad hoc" insomnia. sometimes I'm haunted my some bad memories. Or sometimes I'm just too nervous. When a child or teenager I used to have it before the exam. Now it hits me when I am about to finish a project, and being a hardcore perfectionist I keep thinking it over and over trying till the last minute to find some "better way" to do it. And I just can't stop my thoughts that pop up and keep me awake. I'm meditating, and it's better now, but I still can't take my thoughts under control and draw a "demarcation line' for them not to interfere with my sleep. And you are so right, it's so hard without proper sleep. I feel awful, all my day is screwed up. Luckily, the deadline for the project is today, so I can't wait till I get rid of it and get some nice sleep at last. I know that have to do something about this, otherwise I'll just drive myself crazy.

Have a good Friday)
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am so happy to wake up without a hangover. It is great to start the day with a little pep in my step. Although today is by far the hardest day for me. I need to be strong. My daughter did say that she wanted to go to Starbucks in the morning for a muffin on Saturday. She loves loves to go there and get chocolate milk and a muffin. I am so blessed to have a healthy and happy 3 year old.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all. Day 17 starting here. Got up at 5:30 and had an awesome workout at the gym. Gotta have those big biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest! For those who say I'm over doing it at the gym and with my physically demanding job - that's a problem I've had for a while. I was overweight in high school and was miserable so I'm constantly working out. I never want to look or feel like that again.

It's absolutely freezing here. It's barely supposed to reach 30 degrees today. I'm not complaining though 'cause I'm usually sweating after 30 minutes of work.

TEE JEE EYE EFF everyone!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Over 1 mo. less than 2 mo.

My first post here and I see a lot of my friends from the under 30. Nice to see everyone doing so well.

From now until probably the end of December things are going to be challenging for me. Attending a Gala tonight, which is a yearly thing in November, with tons of free booze and everyone will be drinking (like I used to at these things). This will be the 1st time in 13 years I won't be drinking at it.

Then tomorrow having our bikers christmas party, then on Sunday it's off to Buffalo to see the Bills, which is another drunk fest for most.

Then next Thursday off to Tampa for a few days with my drinking buddies from work and a football game on Sunday. I've already told them I'm not drinking and I'll be their DD for the whole trip.

Then when I come back, more christmas parties and get togethers. Going to be a challenging month but i'm more than ready to take on the "Monster".

Although tempting it will be, I have every confidence in myself that I won't touch a drop

Grace: you are everywhere...

One thing that is very important on this is that you only have to prove something to yourself. Irregardless of what other people say (like, oh sure you did) doesn't matter at all. I seem to be very good at not caring whether someone believes I didn't have a drink.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
EFC

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
For those who say I'm over doing it at the gym and with my physically demanding job - that's a problem I've had for a while. I was overweight in high school and was miserable so I'm constantly working out. I never want to look or feel like that again.
I've been through something similar about a year and a half ago (the first, and ultimately failed, attempt at quitting drinking, as well). What I found is that the same mentality that I had towards drinking went to the gym as well. Just like I would think "what's the point of having two glasses of wine when I can get hammered and have two bottles", I'd find myself at the gym and say "what's the point in only doing a 45 minute workout when I'm already here and I can do another 30-45 minutes." I actually ended up spending a few hours in the hospital with dehydration after a month from overdoing it and not having enough water (I did about 80 percent cardio so that was a factor as well). So my one bit of advice to you would be to make sure you stay hydrated!

I saw insomina was mentioned above, and I'm sure that's something many of us have dealt with. It can be the most brutal side-effect of quitting as I am sometimes just SO groggy in the morning and can't always afford to be (I have to be in court in an hour this morning). I have used melatonin to help me sleep when needed, as it is all natural and non-habit forming.

Happy Friday to all!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

15.40 Fri. Freezing and foggy. 2c

Hi to all my Undies

First chance I've had to post today, just been a bit of a busy one. Got up a bit late because the little one was crying in the night and I was up with him, so he didn't want to get up this morning, he's been really cranky today, so early night for him tonight. His daddy has a solicitors appt this afternoon, so we'll see what advice he gets and take things from there.

Jjay, I hope you got a good sleep last night and are feeling much better today. I have to agree with the advice the others have given you about doing too much training, maybe have a couple of days rest each week to give your muscles chance to repair themselves.

Hi Midnight, that insomnia can be a hard one to crack, I've had some bad nights myself, but I'm sleeping so much better now most nights. Like you, I can't sleep if I have a lot on my mind, I go to bed absolutely shattered and then lie awake for hours with my mind doing overtime and it's not even as if I could do anything about whatever is bothering me at stupid o clock in the morning!

Nicky thank you for your thoughtful words, very much appreciated by me! Don't worry, I have every intention of staying sober, alcohol is not an option for me any more!

WWG, I'm so happy to hear that you woke up hangover free this morning and I'll be even happier if you wake up hangover free tomorrow, Sunday and Monday! Keep busy and focus on being sober and feeling good, you know you can do it.

Hi Harley, it's good to see you here, welcome to our undies ( not literally!). Gosh you have got some challenging times ahead, I don't envy you, but I have every faith in you that you will remain sober. Keep strong and stay focused. Oh and you're right, I'm everywhere, there's no escaping!

EFC thank you for that helpful and informative post. I've never tried melatonin, I'll have to look out for it.

I'll go and do some other posts now so see you later

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I hate having the urge to drink every Friday worse than any other day. This stinks.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

WWG So what's your plans? Dismiss that thought immediatley, come on you can do it.
HALT!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Fri 5pm

Hello my favourite people Hope you're all going to have a fabby weekend, rather cold one for a lot of us though.........bbbrrrr so cold here today, even had a little snow flurry.

Warm welcome Harleydad and congratulations on your soberiety achievement. Brilliant! I don't envy your future engagements, I could not have tackled them at just over a months sober. I was a bag of nerves. Looking forward to reading more from you. Great bunch here.

EFC Great advice offered there and I can relate to swapping one addiction for another. My latest one is Walkers Cheese & Onion......thankfully this is defo one of the less serious one.

Gracey Grace My my my how do you cope at times. It's bad enough with the current situation but lack of sleep too. Bet you're glad it's the weekend.....phew you must be exhausted and of course you know what I'm going to say, yip GET SOME ME TIME!! hahaa

Catch you all later
Big Hugs
xx
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
Good morning all! Well I am constantly trying to stay positive... however today is kind of blah for me, and I hate it. I found out my kids have been lying to their dad about me (ex: saying I refuse to give them chapstick when their lips are dry, claiming I just tell them to deal with it) Finally, my ex and his current fiance sat down with them and asked why they lie so much about me and their response was that they hate me... I am being told I am looking WAY to into it and kids say things like this, but my feelings are hurt. These are children I raised as a stay at home mom, take hiking, hang out with constantly... children who are not lacking anything that they need, even want. I was never a complete drunk in front of them and my drinking never interfered with my children, so this is a huge shock to me. It has occurred that they are saying it to hurt me, but I don't know why... I am just bummed out today.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

ampsmarie I really feel your pain. Your soberiety is an adjusting time for not only yourself but for those around (this is what i was told) and it does pass. I have experienced similar differences with both my husband and my mum. Don't blame yourself at all just be patient and I'm sure this will pass. I'm not too good at putting my thoughts into words but I hope you can get some comfort from knowing that you are not alone. We all change in soberiety and maybe the kids just need a little time to catch up with you.
Take Care x