Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 9

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi-
I'm venturing into this thread from the 30 and under crowd.
Day 32 for me. Things are okay, trying to take it as it(whatever it may be) comes.
Reiterating to myself that I'm not losing anything by not drinking, and I'm gaining things tenfold.
Alcohol really is a trap. Funny how it's so accepted by our society that to have a good time you need to be drinking. Or am I just a victim of marketing?
Either way, doesn't matter, I'm not buying into that anymore.

Geez--sorry for the rambling, not even sure where those thoughts came from.

Anyway, hello all!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Sam

D
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome Sam

D
Hi Dee-
how exactly do you manage to be everywhere? :-)

Seriously, thank you for all your support: sometimes things you've posted I think of later and it helps me remember why I want to stay sober.

-Just wanted to let you know that.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EFC

Had a brief moment after work where I considered going to the store, but fought it off. Obviously, once those 30 seconds or so were over, I was certainly glad I didn't. I've gone through a recent spate of weaknesses, with no real reason that I can figure to cause it. I guess it's just one of those weeks. I'm looking forward to getting through the next couple days and the weekend and remaining sober.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
My busy schedule didn't allow for time yesterday to post that it marked 5 months for me... Very great feeling for me! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ampsmarie: congratulations on 5 months of sobriety!

EFC: glad you stayed strong and let the thought pass...

samwitch and congratulations for 32 days!

Night everyone, catch you all tomorrow!

Bloss
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thurs 8.30

Hi Undies
Wow..it's been busy here since I last posted.

Warm welcome to you Sam and it's good to get things out so please don't feel like your rambling. Great stuff on 32 days.

Congratualtions ampsmarie 5 months is just fantastic.

EFC Another step overcome. Well done for dismissing the thought so quickly. I believe that to be one of the main keys helping me maintain soberiety. *Kick the thought quick as* They seem to be less and less for me now so keep it up.

Midnight Love your posts and stay positive, loving your attitude at times.

Grace Thinking of you and hope things are not *too* stressful with your son and ex. Keep yourself safe and strong Gracey.

Bloss You just seem to say all the right things at the right time for me at the moment. Much appreciated. Sending positive thoughts for wee Blossom's full recovery.

Tanja Sounding strong and determined. Great stuff. Hope the *naughty* baby is behaving himself.

JJay I really don't know how you manage with all this exercise, sounds exhausting just reading. Hope you managed some chill out time last night, even *superman* needs his rest....lol

Germanos Loving to hear you're doing well.Brill!

My memory really sucks at times and is so fustrating so for all my lovely *Undies* whom I haven't mentioned individually, I'm sorry but I do read even although I don't always comment. Routing for you all.

Take Care and Stay strong
Big Hugs
x
Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

09.15 Thur. 2 c and freezing!

Good morning my lovely undies

I'm in work and I was going to say I'll make this a quick post but after seeing how busy it's been here since I last checked it, I don't think it will be quick. You know me, I have to mention everyone! Freezing here last night and this morning, had to scrape the ice off my car before I came to work, not a happy bunny as I don't do cold very well! I had a 'bit of a night' last night with my son so I'm very tired today and trying not to stress too much. Stress is my big trigger so I'm counting on you lot to keep me in line okay!!

Nicky, I'm glad you're back, I missed you. Happy too that you had a successful visit and it's always nice to catch up with Dad's! Hope you manage to get some quality rest.

Hi Jjay and ouch, ouch, ouch, your pour feet, how on earth are you going to manage today, there's nothing worse than sore feet, I feel your pain. I'm really glad the job is going well though and you're keeping focused, you're really doing well. Don't worry about doing duplicate posts, I copy and paste all over the place, with a bit of tweaking here and there.

Bloss, thank you for that post, it helped me feel better! Poor Blossom, I really do hope her eye can be saved, you stay strong for her! xx

Hi Samwich and welcome to our undies ( not litterally), there's a fantastic bunch of people here and you'll get loads of support . Please feel free to ramble, I'm good at it!
I think that we're all possible victims of marketing especially at this time of year, almost every advertisement we see, here focuses on alcohol! Not good.

EFC, hi and you did so well not being tempted by the store, that was your A.V playing mind games with you. One day at a time EFC, sometimes it's one hour at a time. Read and post here as much as you can and keep yourself occupied. You can get through the weekend, you can do it.

AmpsMarie, 5 months is awesome, congratulations to you.

Apologies if I've missed anyone. I must go now before I get my knuckles rapped. See you later.

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Grace it's absolutely freezing here too! Thankfully kids no school today and are having a *jammy day* haha had to laugh.
No jammy day for me though, but my choice just enjoying having them about while I potter about too.
Have a good day at work and hope the *crabby* cuswtomers are kind to you today after your stressful night with your son. Feel free to cent your fustrations here. We'll glady listen if it makes you feel better.
Take Care
x
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I love my life now that I trying to be a better person. But, I hate having regrets.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Ampsmarie - Congratulations of 5 months of sobriety!

Welcome Samwitch

JJay - It sounds like you are really enjoying and thriving in your new job, despite some physical discomfort. Your positivity always lifts my spirits.

Nicky - Glad to hear that you had a nice visit. Your cat icon is adorable! The naughty baby does't know quite what to do with himself now that his two brothers are gone (getting neutered at the vet's). He appears to be coming down with an ear infection. I checked my records last night and realized I go the vet once and sometimes twice a month! I hope that slows down in the future. I love your thought for the day to be free of negativity just for the day. I work on that daily and some days I am more successful than others. It is a hard habit to break. But, I certainly can't expect perfection after 30+ years of thinking negatively.

Bloss - I will say prayers for little Blossom. I have 4 rescue dogs and 2 rescue cats (and two other dogs). How wonderful that you rescued Blossom and have the means to provide medical care for her eye.

Grace - I love your "Just for Today" post on living in the day and not obsessing about tomorrow. I have to really work on that one too! I did hear in an AA meeting that we have to practice and apply these principles on a daily basis. How very true that is.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh I'm soooo tired, it's going to be a long day, think I'm going to need a few coffee's today ( supposed to be giving it up!)

WWG. Matthew, It's good that you're feelin good. Hope you've made some plans for your danger days. I found this quote for you:
“Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn't end there.”

Tanja, Hi, gosh you do spend a lot of time and money( I bet) at the vets, those furry babes are so lucky to have you for a mum. I'm pleased you like my 'just for today' manta's. I try to focus on one each day in my quest to make myself a better person.

See you all later.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post

Oh I'm soooo tired, it's going to be a long day, think I'm going to need a few coffee's today ( supposed to be giving it up!)

WWG. Matthew, It's good that you're feelin good. Hope you've made some plans for your danger days. I found this quote for you:
“Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn't end there.”

Tanja, Hi, gosh you do spend a lot of time and money( I bet) at the vets, those furry babes are so lucky to have you for a mum. I'm pleased you like my 'just for today' manta's. I try to focus on one each day in my quest to make myself a better person.

See you all later.
Grace I am fearful of my danger days of Thurs, Fri, and Sat. But, I have to be strong and think of what is best for my family and myself. Booze is not going to make my life any better. I just have to log on to SR, and when I feel the urge I need to remember your words Grace.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thurs 3pm
Hi Undies
My girls *jammy day* finished quick early and now I have a house full of kids. Thankfully they're all playing quite well together.

Thanks Tanja. Been getting a little stale lately thus my thought for today and as for the cat I just love all our furry friends. I'd have the house if my hubby would let me squeeze them all in.........lol For now happy with my cat, dog, hamster, fish and of course my 2 lovely girls..oh and hubby....haha You must be a very giving person to support all your furry babies. Let's all of us keep up the positivety!

Grace My heart goes out to you today. Tired, cold and work......yuck! What a combination. Have a cosy night in tonight and catch up with yourself. *Me time* Very important for you and I.

WWG Do not look ahead, focus on today and when tomorrow comes focus on the day. Try not to give the days a name, think only as them as *TODAY* You can do it.x

Ok my quite little people have now got noisy, time to coax them all onto the next unsuspecting mum.....haha

Take Care
Big Hugs
xxx
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi again, just getting my second wind now

Hi Nicky, I like jammy days! How come your girls are off school today?

I'm not expecting to get any me time tonight if I'm honest, I'll be surprised if I do anyway, I'm half expecting to get home and have an overnight visitor ( my son!), but we'll see. I'm glad you're back here anyway.

Hi again WWG, have you made some plans to keep yourself occupied during your danger zone? Keeping busy is my ploy! You can do this, if you work at it and I know you can.

See you later.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. Still have a ton of work to do. So I just jumped in for a minute to say Hi.

JJay - I just love your attitude: messing around all day in undersize jacket and boots, and still you sound so positive I hope that you'll get some proper UPS outfit at last. Have a good day at work.

WWG - I second Grace - keep yourself busy on danger days and plan ahead, and dont' overthink and "overscare" these days. It's not some Bermuda Triangle, just days.

Samwitch - welcome to the thread!

And my best wishes to all.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
EFC

Good morning all. Thank you for the nice comments. Staying strong! Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I think that on my danger days I need to plan ahead, and make a list of things to do. Today I will have 2 hours after work before my wife and daughter get home. I am going to make dinner and start watching the Walking Dead on Netflix. Not sure what I will do tomorrow, but I need to write it down. This weekend my wife is on call, and has to be at work Sat and Sun. It will just be my daughter and I, and I need to be sober.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
This weekend my wife is on call, and has to be at work Sat and Sun. It will just be my daughter and I, and I need to be sober.
What better incentive! Organise something nice for you and the little one to do. Make homemade play dough, get the paints out and have some messy play........oh I miss that age. Great fun!

x
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Smile

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone:

Chilly day here in CA, although, I am sure not as cold as some parts of the country and world. So, I am grateful to live in a more moderate climate. I am trying to be mindful of the small, important things in life to be grateful for. Blossom is taking her meds. and will have some blood work on Monday to prepare for surgery. I am just taking this one day at a time, doing the best I can and letting it go. I start questioning why things happen and drive myself crazy, not a good place to be for my sobriety.

Nicky: Its amazing how much noise our little darlings can make while having fun together...

WWG: I rememer when my sons were young, time flys by so fast, enjoy these years, and staying sober will only make it more meaningful

EFC: We'll stay strong together

MidnightBlue: Hello to you!

Grace: Don't stress too much, I always want to fix things for my sons, I've finally realized, I can't anymore. I love them and listen, still their issues do upset me too...stay strong and true to taking care of yourself..

Tanja: Sounds like both of us are spending a great deal of time at the vets...all the medications are getting confusing...hope there is no ear infection in the future! We're good pet parents...

Have to get moving
Each of you have a safe, sober, happy day
Bloss