Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 9

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Friday Night @ 11:20 p.m.

Hello Undies
We drove over to the coast today. Took a nice walk with Blossom on the ranch, looked at the ocean, saw some dolphins. Then we took a turn through the Christmas Market and I had some goodies to eat. It has been a very nice day. There were lots of festive lights and it all felt very much in keeping with the holiday spirit.

A day like today really makes me grateful to be sober and have SR to check in with. It is getting late so I will wish each of you wonderful friends a happy Saturday.
Hugs to all
Bloss
Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Sat 11am

Hi Guys

Sorry Bloss I forgot you said you were going to the coast. Ahhh it just sounds idyllic. I yearn for some heat and Ocean.

Ooops gotta go but will be back later.

Grace Enjoy the Panto, we're doing it next weekend only it's Cinderella.

x
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi All back again.

As I'm feeling much more like myself I feel I have actually made yet another step in my recovery through my low mood. Feels good to be sober and make plans, so plans for the future it is for me. Think my husband is totally embracing this new me as he has always been the planner and worrier and I was always just content to go with the flow or panic at the last moment due to my cloudy head from drinking.

It is certainly a journey soberiety and not just a case of stopping drinking for me. Bit of a rollercoaster at times but I guess that's just life.

Have a good weekend and hope you all enjoy this precious gift of soberiety.

Take Care
Hugs
x
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. Hope everyone has warmer weather than myself)

Bloss- I'll try to warm myself with thoughts of ocean and dolphins. Should be great)

Nicky - I couldn't agree more - sobriety is not just about stopping drinking.

My best wishes to all.

Have a dood day)
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. I think one reason I have been feeling so crappy is that I have let my diet become whatever I feel like eating. I think that I need to start eating more healthy and drinking more water.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Stopping drinking has had the positive benefit on me to try to get healthy in my eating. I have also let my diet go to whatever I felt like eating. Lots of candy right now. That's going to stop.

I have lost three pounds since I stopped drinking. Before I started drinking, I had back problems. I was down to 140 pounds, exercising, and running. That was 2007. I have gotten up to 170 pounds now... because...1) The wine took my pain away so I drank more and more until I built it up to a whole bottle a day and 2) I have not been able to exercise because it causes me pain.

I saw a surgeon a few weeks ago, and he said I am a candidate for back surgery. It felt good to finally get someone to believe my pain was real, but I don't want to rush into surgery. This Monday, I will start physical therapy. I don't have real high hopes for therapy because I have tried it before and it never helped, but I am hoping this time will be different. I want to start exercising again to shed some of these pounds. 140 here I come
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

My diet is awful at the moment. I'd been comfort eating last week but this week is going to be different.
I was the opposite when I drank I lost weight as I just didn't eat at all so now I really should be careful about those extra pounds that are creeping on. My trouble is exercise is the last thing I have energy for at the end of the day. Keep promising myself to make some time but procrastinating is one of my favourite things.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

June hope your back starts feeling better with the P.T.

I also need to start eating better. I've had way to many sweets lately. Now that I'm sick ill be sticking to soup for a bit. I was supossed to go to the big memorial service today for my boss that passed away a week ago but I'm so nauseas the second I try and get outa bed I have to run to the bathroom. Really bummed about it but its just not possible for me to make it.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Saturday @ 11:30 a.m.

Looking out the window at the hills it is a bit cloudy. Took a walk in the area behind our house, lots of up and down hills. It will take a whole lot of walking to work off the Christmas goodies. I think we'll go take a walk on the beach, super high tides this weekend, so we'll be careful.

What I did for my recovery journey: no more little secrets...

The one thing I can mention regarding my recovery is my reaction to the alcoholic beverages being sold at the Christmas Market, I did have a moment...a small urge to have one. I spoke up and voiced the thought to my spouse, he's been sober for years. He just looked at me and said no way. I mention this because, not keeping an urge "secret" helps me to let it go more easily.

Undies, each of you have a relaxing afternoon/evening
Bloss
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Boozefree Sorry you're so ill and have to miss your Boss' Memorial Service but unfortunatley this is one of these occasion where you have *to accept the things you cannot change* Don't fret please.

Bloss Glad your speaking out and being honest. I used to tell my hubby but it was for all the wrong reasons, I was hoping he would give me the *it's up to you* speech and of course you can guess the rest........
Oh Bloss keep picturing the beach and dolphins, you're so lucky.

Catch you all later
x
Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Nicky:
you are sounding so positive and happier the last few days. It is uplifting to read how we all go through ups and downs of life, but we stay sober!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

PT helps me June - hopefully it will help you too
Have a good weekend everyone!

D
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks Bloss, we've all just got to keep plodding forward no matter what.

Have a good weekend yourself Dee.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL mines nearly over

D
Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

lol
Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Bloss, that is great. I think it is so important to let that voice out and talk about it. So much better that you told your husband you were thinking about drinking so the thought could have a voice, be heard, and go on its merry way!

Now I wish I could take a lesson from that. I am stewing about something that is really bothering me, and not talking about it. I think I may go to an AA meeting tonight where I don't know anybody and talk about what is bothering me
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

June: That sounds like a good plan.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good morning/evening, Under -1-Yearies)

It's -18C, and I have to somehow venture myself to get ouside and make it to the gym)

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Midnight- woah that is some seriously cold weather!! I'm over here in southern cali by the beach and its still in the 70s or high 60s. Have fun at the gym.

Well just woke up and feeling a lot better compared to yesterday. Now I need to get motivated to go take my dog to the park or something so she can burn off some of that energy she has. I also want to do some more reading in my big book that I just started with about a week ago.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sun. 4pm

Hi Folks
Midnight that's is seriously cold. Think I'd be skipping the gym but then again I wouldn't need much of an excuse.

Boozefree I found the Big Book quite alot to get my head aroun initially but I did enjoy reading the *Roundabouts* Do you guys get them?
So glad you're feeling better.

Hey there June hope you managed to share at your meetng and feel better about whatever is bothering you.

Bloss and the lovely Ocean. How's wee Blossom enjoying the sea air?

Grace *Oh no you didn't* Shouting in a loud panto voice. Hope you're having fun.

Off to a meeting tonight and called a few people so I'm not going alone tonight. Fancy company and a chat.

By for now
x