Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 3

Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Headed into day 4.

Gorc, That was a good choice. It would have been very hard to go to that game.

Poppy, sorry you feel so down. Just get through the day.

I still have a yucky cold. Planning ot get th ekiddoes off to school, and rest and drink tea, etc... So much t do. Hoping I perk up. But, it keeps any desire to have wine well at bay!

Wishing all a good and sober day.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Sisterella

gorc good job on turning down the invite - the sacrifices at this stage will definitely be worth it later on when we're stronger!

Sazzle I love your avatar, so positive

rochele, hope you feel better soon!! take it easy~

As for myself, I had kind of a rubbish day. Sorted out my ID but had to take time off work to do it (already missed some time last week), then when I actually got to work I didn't have a great day. But tomorrow is a new day, and I will be waking up with a clear head ready to face it
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Poppy - sorry you're feeling down today. The emotions are a roller coaster, I know how overwhelming it can be. Try to keep your body and mind busy today the best you can. Take care and stick with it.

Gorc - congrats on that decision. You're doing great.

Solstice - glad to see you're doing and feeling so well. Thanks for that beautiful post on the solstice - looking forward to enjoying a sober, winter solstice with you!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Just doing a quick morning check in. Preparing myself for the coming work/school week. I'm realizing that my biggest triggers come during the weekdays - stressful days at work; my husbands stress at work; managing 3 kids school routines/ activities/ appointments/ homework; trying to keep up with daily housechores - weekends are easier, I can control what we do and how we do it. So I'm really trying to think about this and make a plan for the week.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good Morning FMFT!!! You got this!!! Have a great week and just keep that next milestone, the big 3-0, in sight :-D I'm in Chicago today and it's freezing out... wouldn't want anything but tea, coffee, and/or cocoa myself today! Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good, I know I am! Day 23 woohoo
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yesterday was probably my hardest day so far, in the sense of thinking about alcohol more than any other day during my recovery. I worked 12 hours and being the busiest travel day of the year in the US it was crazy on top of crazy mixed with some crazy. On the plane, I was just thinking what I would be drinking at the end of the day, how much I could use a stiff cocktail or 5. Then, because the hotel shuttle was late picking us up at the airport, the front desk gave us free drink coupons for the bar. I was like, seriously?!?!? You've got to be shitting me. But... I FREAKIN' DIDN'T DRINK! Got to my room, watched some tv, ate, and slept like a baby. All I had to do was think about the morning I found SR, how ****** I felt, the shakes, the sweats.... NO THANK YOU! NEVER AGAIN! I am sober now and I will be sober, sane, and physically and emotionally well for the rest of my life!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well done splasho! Wow, they pretty much put a drink in your hands. Ugh. Funny the presumption that everyone would be grateful for a free drink coupon. How about a free dinner after such a day? Seriously. Many people simply do not drink, aside from those in recovery from addictions. You did great resisting!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good for you Splasho. It's so empowering to get through the hard days and overcome those strong thoughts, temptations and tests (and you had alot of them yesterday!). You're right, it's not worth going back to where we were, it can only get better going forward. Have a great day.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hi yalll,,,, just checking in on the novembies!!
hello to everyone,,, too many off us now huh? what a buzz,,,
its fab to read all of our stories,, i love it,, the sad and the happy ones,, we are all in this 2gether and we will all come thru it 2geteher too,,, we rock ............
so,,, im on day 25 now,,, only 5 more till the big 30!!! woop woop.
the thing i miss most,, is ,, the buzz,, sometimes,,, i sometimes feel im doomed to a boring life,,, but then i think to myself ,,,,,,

"WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD " louis armstrong,,,, not thats a dude,, eh??

so inspiring and true if we open our eyes to it,,,
so,, house spotless,, (well kinda,, ive always hated dusting,,so pointless) , car cleaned,,, bills all paid,,,shopping done,,, only one more pressie to get for xmas,,, so what now???

ahh , i know,,,, fixing that blimming bog i broke yesterday,,, ( no its not that im fat ) but im not going into it lol lol

"WHO NEEDS A MAN EH GALS??"

lv to allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of my beautiful,, amazing,, caring and gorge sr friends,,, from a very happy,,,, (dirty hands tho ) cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx happy monday one and alll xxxx
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Congrats Splasho for resisting such a strong temptation! Great job!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Wowsers, what a dream last night. Saw myself breaking down and going to the booze store and buying a 26 of Vodka. Then realized what a short amount of time I had been sober and if I drank that time would be so meaningless. So I dumped it out.

Even though it was a dream it was extremely vivid. The disappointment in myself for buying the vodka and the realization of the powerlessness I had over the drug really is sticking with me this morning.

On that note, bring on the new week. Today I'm off to one of my least favorite workplaces where the supervisor is a real dragon. Blue Monday indeed. Take care everyone.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone. I'm sneaking in here at the end of November with today being my day 1. I've read through the Class of November thread throughout the weekend so I feel like I already know all of you!

A little bit about me- I'm 34, been drinking (rum mostly) for about 10 years. During those 10 years it went from drinking with friends occasionally, to drinking alone all weekend, to drinking every day. I have somehow luckily managed to do well at my job and not get in any legal trouble but I'm still utterly miserable and need to STOP! I'm out of shape (I used to work out alllll the time), my house is disorganized, since I'm out of shape I don't go out anymore so I feel lonely so I drink which makes me gain weight, etc. Horrible cycle.

I'm looking into the Rational Recovery materials to help me along, as well as this forum. And keeping busy. I'm scared to face life without drinking but I know I need to do it. Over the years I've stopped for a few days here and there, I think my longest stretch was 17 days a few years back.

I don't usually talk this much! Nice to meet you all.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome munchie. Glad to have you. How are you feeling today?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi, rochele! I'm feeling alright. I ate a good breakfast, had vitamins and some coconut water. I didn't drink last night, I had my last sips around 9am yesterday morning (wow that sounds terrible...morning drinking, yuck) and have been hydrating ever since. Yesterday evening I was feeling pretty irritated but so far so good today.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome Munchie

There is a lot of knowledge and inspiration here.

I had a strange sort of experience over the holidays. Went out with the in-laws for drinks/desert one night (some drink, some don't) and all I had was some coffee. I didn't want anything else, but as soon as I got home Sunday evening (spent the weekend with them a couple of states away) I would have loved a couple of drinks. I know I could have had a couple of beers along with everyone else that night and not wanted anything more. I don't know if it would have precipitated my drinking when I got back home or not.

I guess am still trying to sort out what role alcohol plays in my life. Definitely not a good one, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I am not looking for a reason or permission to drink. I think I still have the idea that if I sort out all of my issues that make me unhappy with myself that I may be able to drink normally. That will take a long time though I think (lots of issues ).

Good luck to the rest of the class, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

It's Monday morning and I am checking in with my November Peeps! Today I begin day 4.
On Friday morning, I didnt think I would be able to get through the weekend.
I really, really, really wanted a drink last night, but the urge passed. It's been nice to just hang out with my husband and watch TV without falling asleep because of alcohol.
I faced my son and daughter in law yesterday too, and let them know I had relapsed, but now I am back to sobriety.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1 ugghh!! But I'm back. Planning on a meeting today. First one in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all, just a quick check in. Today is Day 13 for me. Turns out I didn't start my job today. It's kind of an on-call thing and I wasn't needed today. Kinda bummed about that. I also failed at waking up early. I was planning to get up at 4:30AM and hit the gym at 5. Of course that didn't happen. Trying to think of a way to make sure I get up and do that tomorrow.

That's all I've got. This board is SO active I can never keep up with all the posts...
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

It feels good to be part of this class. I finally feel like I belong here with you. Our little family. I am very grateful to have you all here.

Yesterday was a surprise because I thought I had licked the cravings, but one came out of nowhere.

My goal for today is to learn about triggers. I want to learn how to be as prepared as I can be, when a trigger to drink strikes.

I am so glad we have each other's support.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Junebugapril View Post
It feels good to be part of this class. I finally feel like I belong here with you. Our little family. I am very grateful to have you all here.

Yesterday was a surprise because I thought I had licked the cravings, but one came out of nowhere.

My goal for today is to learn about triggers. I want to learn how to be as prepared as I can be, when a trigger to drink strikes.

I am so glad we have each other's support.
Not to be a Negative Nancy but I've heard people that have over a decade sober still have cravings at times. It's something we'll all probably have to deal with for the rest of our lives. We just have to figure out how to fight them and overcome them