Class Of November 2012 - Part 2

Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Bri

D
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

checking in, today will be 8 days. Have the weekend off, spent saturday night at home with wife watching tv/movies. Couldn't remember last time I had a weekend off and wasn't drinking. Woke up today, made breakfast, went to church with wife, did some shopping.
Had some trouble at the store/ last night as the mind was wandering. I think christmas music is a trigger for me, as I associate the holidays with heavy drinking and watching holiday movies. Going to clean out the gutters and put christmas lights up. I tended to use alcohol to "amplify" any event or celebration.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Mustard, Christmas music in shops should be banned until the week before! I feel sorry for the shop assistants who have 2 months of that nauseating music.

Well done on 8 days. Double figures v soon!

S x
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I can never get my days right. Am I day 1 or day 2? My last drink was saturday and now it's monday.

Anyway today I poured out the bottle of rum I had in my freezer.

Last night I started something a bit different and started to write like an obituary to myself based in 30years time. I've written what I want my life to be like and where I see myself. I know to take things one day at a time but it's helpful because I know I can not achieve these things black out wasted our hungover.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all my fellow November Ninjas. Another night winding down. Just a little after 9:35 here. Went to the gym, had some good meals, lined up an interview at UPS on Tuesday and my Patriots won 59-24. What started off as a "blah", I-wanna-stay-in-bed kind of day turned out pretty damn good. Thanks everyone
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sazzle View Post
Hi Jane. Binge drinker straying over to daily drinker here. It's so tiresome being a binge drinker as the time between binges is for recovery. I spent most of my 20s & 30s like that.

Stick around, you'll do just fine here.

S x
I totally agree thats how i was,
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

are you supposed to check in? day 4 in the books here. cleaned my car completely took almost 5 hours, always something i told myself i was gonna do. theres so much time to kill now. can see my place will be spotless by the end of the week
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Hey all my fellow November Ninjas. Another night winding down. Just a little after 9:35 here. Went to the gym, had some good meals, lined up an interview at UPS on Tuesday and my Patriots won 59-24. What started off as a "blah", I-wanna-stay-in-bed kind of day turned out pretty damn good. Thanks everyone
Usually ends up working out when we force ourselves to do things that are good for ourselves. Not to rain on your day, but I believe Gronk broke his forearm
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by mustardonly77 View Post
Usually ends up working out when we force ourselves to do things that are good for ourselves. Not to rain on your day, but I believe Gronk broke his forearm
Yes, he did Out 4-6 weeks. This is awful. Hernandez out. Gronk out. He had a good shot at breaking his own record this year too
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

no rules ID1OT but I think it definitely works better if you check in regularly

D
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning Novies!

Day 24 and I'm ready to start a healthy regime too (I won't let it compromise my sobriety but will be good to have something else to focus on!). Off for a brisk walk and to buy some eggs!

Weekend was a little mixed. Very lazy, but I'm ok with that as I didn't talk myself in to catching up with friends in a bar. I need my 'me time' until the Christmas party season starts.

Have a great week everyone.

S x
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Ok, finished day 4, now onto 5. Went to a bar today to watch football. I went for the company, pizza, and root beer. My friends don't drink much. I'm surprised we weren't kicked out of the bar for not drinking.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Smile

Good morning all. Day 5 begins. I had a great weekend and I agree that I have so much more time or at least more motivation to get things done. It sounds like we are going to have great weather for Thanksgiving and Friday in my neck of the woods so cleaning my car is definitely on my agenda too.

JJ, good luck on your interview tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great, successful day.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 5 here too. Good morning everyone! Hope the week gets off to a good start. I woke up lots, but I always do. Otherwise, doing well.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Jjay, good luck on your interview! Yay Patriots!

ID10T, We are "same day" buddies. Welcome and good luck with day 5 today.

Soberjaine, welcome. Not sure if I got around to saying hi yesterday.

I am bad at names without faces, but I am trying to meet and remember folks, but wishing a good day and week for all.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning all, waking up to day 16 today. Looking forward to a short work/school week before Thanksgiving.

Have a good, sober Monday everyone. Keep going strong.
"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone I'm not really nervous about the interview. I do really well in them. It's when they do the background check that I usually lose out on the job :-/

Day 6 for me here. Just had some bacon and eggs. Going to the gym at some point. Not sure when. I want to make sure I don't go too early so I'm not trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.

Keep it up November Ninjas!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

12:30am here and I can't sleep.

Good luck with the interview Jjay
Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Soberjanedoe View Post
12:30am here and I can't sleep.

Good luck with the interview Jjay
Thank you

I know it's probably too late tonight (unless you have 24 hour drug stores) but you can get something called Melatonin at grocery stores or convenience stores. It's a sleep aid and can be very helpful. Just don't use it every night or you'll get a tolerance for it.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Melatonin works well for me at nights if I can't sleep. No addiction risk, either..it's a natural steroid that your body makes. You can feel drowsy in the morn, so regulate dosage (half or whatever) until you are comfortable. Good luck everyone! A lot of success stories here.