Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 6

Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thank you guys it really feels good to read the encouragement and know that yeah, at least I can be proud of being honest and wanting to try again. I can't wait to see my boyyyy tomorrow!!! Everyone have a goodnight and sleep tight
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey LLG, i hope try the opposite of being dissappointed in yourself ... treat yourself kindly and with the respect you deserve instead - like you would a friend. You're aware, youre here, you're doing it and you have already made so many improvements in your life because you are worth it (that's a loreal advert in the uk sorry but I mean it!). You can do it bit by bit and remember to enjoy the learning experience of your new job on Monday

We're all doing great. Xxx
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Another day just starting....Time to walk the mutt....
Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

09.00 Sunday

Good morning all

What a night! I just could not sleep, up, down, up, down all night long, restless legs and my mind working overtime. Oh well, don't feel too bad at the moment all things considered. No doubt I'll be flagging by this afternoon. I've got nothing exciting planned for today, but that's fine.

HI Erica, hope you're not in too much pain.

Hi Dee, that's good advice, as usual, in your post for LLG.

Hi Pan. it's very cold here too, cold and damp, not a brilliant combination for my other half who suffers badly with asthma. You'll have to get some of that green foundation that takes the glow away and just apply it to half your face. Lol. That's the sort of thing I would do.

Morning LLg. keep strong, you'll beat it.

Hi Apple, what't the weather like where you are? Hope you have a good day.

Morning Steve, I was going to say go and kick ass with the dog, but it doesn't sound quite right somehow!! Lol.

Going to put the kettle on now, I can hear movement upstairs.

Stay safe and sober and have a great Sunday.
Just for today I will hug someone
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day Grace - you too Pan Pippo Steve LLG Stairs Erica & Apple

D
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep Grace. I can finally say I slept pretty well last night. My doctor prescribed Ambien and I took it last night. I only woke up once in the night and fell right back to sleep. I feel so much better this morning, rested and ready to tackle the day.

Off to AA this morning and then back home to catch up on laundry and housework. Ick.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hey everyone,

End of DST today so I woke at 4 a.m. which used to be 5. I have some meetings today and looking to replace Sweetie's coat as it has a funky fit.

Hope all of you are well.

P.S. Where is Slim, haven't seen a post in a few days?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Another day nearly done...Took the wife and kids to a car boot sale this morning,then did a little shopping because I really wanted to make us a roast chicken dinner(which I have now ate)....AV was very strong this afternoon and was very tempted to go to the off-license for a few beers but I managed to fight the AV off...I cooked us all dinner and I sat down with the wife and kids to eat which was nice,normally I eat dinner whilst doing the dishes...Then I took the dog out for a good walk and now I'm back home chilling out for a while before I go watch some TV upstairs in bed....Don't feel so tired today and I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym again tomorrow,just wish this AV would fcuk off....I hope everyone else is ok and I'll check back tomorrow...Take care....Steve....
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Dear Augusters -

Happy Sunday - mine started earlier due to my storm phobic dog and my snoring husband. It is amazing how much work you can get done when you rise at 5 AM. It is also amazing how tired you feel @ 4 PM with the end of DST!

Steve will be proud of me - I did some elliptical training today at the gym....not quite up to his speed, I am sure...but a valiant effort none the less.

Erica - glad you managed to get some sleep! Grace, sorry you didn't The sunburn has faded today - so, the green make-up will not be needed sadly!

Stairs - hope you found the perfect coat for Sweetie!

Busy, but productive day winding down. All the Halloween decorations are down and things look quite bare but orderly. Hope all of you are well today -Ii will try and check back in later prior to bed.

Take care Pan
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

22.55 Sunday

Hi everybody. Just popped in to say goodnight, I'm really tired now and hope I sleep tonight as it's work tomorrow. It's just been a so/so day, nothing out of the ordinary, but I can cope with that, boring is better than blotto!! It's really cold out tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if I have to scrape the ice off my car in the morning! I have to leave my car on the front in case I get called to do a hospital run with my Dad, it's happened a few times. He goes for a brain scan tomorrow to ascertain if he had a stroke earlier this year, bless him!

Glad you got some sleep Erica, even if I didn't. It makes such a difference when you've had a sleep, you can cope so much better.

Hi Stairs, the clocks went back an hour here last week end. Slim could possibly still be having problems with her electricity or the internet, I'm sure we'll hear from her again very soon.

Hi Steve, it's good to sit down with all the family at meal times, gives you all time to catch up with what's gone on over the week. I think you'll feel a bit better once you get back into your routine again. Well done for not taking that S.V on board, it does attack when we are below par. Hope you get a good nights sleep,

Hi Pan, it's fireworks here and my snoring husband that have stopped me from sleeping earlier tonight! I bet you'll be stiff tomorrow after that training session. Take care.

I'm off to bed now and I hope I don't see you again later!!!

Be careful out there and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hey all,

Grace, sounds like you'll be sleeping well tonight. I agree, boring > blotto. Best to your dad.

Steve, what is a car boot sale, anyway? Hope the AV does fcuk off.

Erica, glad you got some sleep.

Pan, I never did make it out to do the coat thing, I'll go tomorrow after Lit Council.

It's cold and windy here with grey skies. Brrr!

Today is "Area Sunday" which is held once a month. I did not attend the actual Area meeting as I had to get home to Sweetie so that M could go, but checked out the H&I and Activities sub-committee meetings and am thinking of joining the Activities sub-committee. They do the dances and outings.

Otherwise did laundry, had lasagne again and fell asleep around 4:30 pm for awhile finishing my book.

Called my sponsor. She got me a step working guide so I will start that I imagine at around 90 day mark.

Okay night all!

Apple, Dee, Pippo, LLG6, Slim,

Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Another day just starting,need to nip the dog out quickly as I'm running late....Stairs a car boot sale is when everyone gets their household junk,loads it into their cars/vans and takes it to sell...I go car booting all the time and always pick up great deals and bargains....One mans junk is another mans treasure.......Anyways I'll check back later...Take care....Steve....
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Mon 08.30

Good morning Augustians

And a very cold, icy one it is. took me ages to de-ice my car this morning. The other half starts his new job this morning so he is all suited and booted. Anyway, I slept well thank goodness, didn't want to get up though.

I hope you've all had a good weekend. It's been very quiet here since I logged off last night

Hi Stairs, a car boot is like a garage sale. They are very popular over here. I love going to them for a rummage round. You can pick up some good bargains. they do a huge one near us every Sunday and as well as household items, people sell plants, fruit and produce, home grown.
That sounds like it could be fun joining the sub-comittee, it would get you more involved, keep you occupied and get you out and about.
Love to Sweetie

Morning Steve, hope you're feeling better today and getting back into your routine. That A.V voice will soon disappear when it realises you have better things to do! Keep at it. xxx

Going to get a coffee now to wake me up, work is the only place I drink the stuff, usually only have two cups of it though, othewise I drink hot water with a slice of lime or lemon. Anyway, see you later no doubt.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will tell someone I love that I love them
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in as I'm bored out my brain....AV is still very strong today and I really don't know what is going on...I'm not tired,I'm not in a bad mood,I feel good but for some reason my AV is telling me that I can have a drink....I know that I can't but I'm just being honest,I have been feeling like this for the last 2 days and I just can't shake it off....Just wanted to share....Steve...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I can't believe how quiet it is here today! I hope everyone is okay.

Hi Steve, being bored is not a good way to be when the A.V is pecking your head! Did you not manage to get to the gym today? If not, maybe go for a run, that's always a good way of clearing your head and de-stressing.
I'm wondering if you've been suffering so much lately with the A.V because of how long you've resisted drinking for, I'm not sure if that makes sense, what I'm trying to say is well, when I stopped drinking previously I managed about 15 months, then began to get complacent. It was like the A.V was telling me that I couldn't possibly be a wino if I could go so long without drinking, that I could have a few because I obviously didn't have a problem so then I caved!! Now I feel much stronger, I know I am a wino, I know I do have a problem with alcohol and I know that I always will. I have a choice, wine or family!

You can do this Steve, you're strong, you've been here before, so do whatever you have to do to keep the A.V at bay. Tell it to fcuk right off!!!

Much love
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hello Nuway and WTH.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Forot to say I've been reading the most awe inspiring posts on S.R today, by someone called Robby Robot, the thread is called ' Alcohol Interuption', he's been sober for 30 plus years!!!! Read some of it if you get chance, it's made me feel very humble!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Grace and everybody!

Steve, sorry it's still tough with the AV. Very glad to hear you're not feeling tired.

I believe in prayer. However you may think of it, in terms of God, the Universe, or the collective unconscious, it works. I have been praying for you, and I just said another prayer for you.

Grace, what you said is so right, and we all need to hear it as often as possible. It comes down to a choice between booze and family. That's it. Nobody in his/her right mind would choose booze over family. Therefore, when drink gets the upper hand, we are not in our right minds.

That is the power of the AV--to take our very self away. We can realize it as Other, because if it is against us, it cannot be any part of us we would want to keep around.
Keep telling it to F*** off.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks Nuway. xx
Old 11-05-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Still here and still sober...AV finally fcuked off 3 hours ago so I decided to get me and the wife a huge chinese take-away...I ate so much I thought I was gonna burst...That was until half hour ago when I became hungry and had a craving for ice-cream,1 litre of mint choc chip ice-cream later and now I feel sick lol....Better than drinking though for sure....