Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 6

Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Turduckens? Are they real?
There's been some great advice here today - it'd be redundant for me to add anything I think Just - stay safe and be good to yourselves guys
D
Oh they are real, Ive wanted to do one, but Im to lazy to debone the birds..

Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

HFA - having you been sneaking into my kitchen and taking photos?

I am too lazy to debone as well...but, I have a fatanstic butcher in Louisiana that sends me one (sometimes two --- compete with spicy cajun andouille cornbread stuffing - can you say lagnaippe, y'all? (my southern drawers are showing here)) each year.

xo Pan
Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Pan...I had a real LOL about HFA sneaking into your kitchen! It felt good to have a belly laugh!

Did not mean to ignore people by any means...sometimes it is more important for me to address people who are having a tough time.

So Jodie, Erica, Grace, Stairs, Apple, Steve, LLG and any one else I may have omitted unintentionally...thinking of you all and hope you are doing as best as can be.

Sleep tight and sweet dreams!

Slim
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Everyone on here can be so sweet, be giving me toothache lol jk
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Another day just starting....Just off out with the dog and it's chucking it down....Ache like hell from the gym yesterday....Will check back later....Steve....
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Steve

D
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

10.50 dark, wet and miserable

God morning Augustians.

Top of the hill day for me today! Busy in work at the moment so it's going to take me ages to write this post. Apologies in advance if I miss anyone, it's difficult when I have to keep the screen as tiny as poss!

Oh oh, my lovely daugher, who works in the same place as me, has just had a phone call from nursery asking her to go and pick her little girl up, she needs to go to A & E, she's stuck a bead up her nose!! Oh the joys!

Morning Steve, so happy to see you've posted, that's cheered me up. Please don't go awol again!

Jodie I have every faith in you that you will remain sober during the social event. No doubts at all. enjoy it!

Stairs, I hope all is well, you have a good day.

Hi Pan, Your Thanksgiving day sounds lovely. I've never heard of a Turckducken, but going by the photo HFA posted it looks delicious.

LLG, glad to hear you're okay and your boy is fine, lol with the boogery! I hope you get some joy with your job applications and wish you luck.

HFA, yum, yum and you stay out of Pan's kitchen!!

Pan, you're making me hungry, this is not going to do my diet good at all!

Slim, you have a good day and it's so good to have a belly laugh now and again. Can't beat it for lifting the blues.

Hi Dee, hope you're having a good nights sleep.

Dashing off to bit a bit more work

Catch up later

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

just about to, Grace - night all!

D
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Nite Dee!

Getting ready to go out turkey and trimmings shopping.

Finally paid the water bill last night after procrastinating for weeks. It took 3 minutes. Sometimes I think that I subconsciously create crisis, to get an adrenaline rush or something. Pushing the limits with the water bill, woohoo. lol.

Sweetie has a half day today, well technically it's a 67% day, then the holiday begins until next Tuesday.

So have a good day everyone, we rock!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Inching forward on Day 90 - some good posts as always in the last 24 hours. Thanks and vibes of soberness to all.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days applecrumble....Job well done....
Old 11-20-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Just got in from another walk with the dog and now tucking into 4 tuna and mayonaise sandwiches,thats on top of 5 scrambled eggs and 4 slices of toast only 2 hours ago...Appetite seems to have come back as the last few days I have been really putting the food away...Also have a new drink...Sticky toffee pudding flavor milkshake,I love the stuff....Take care...Steve...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks, Steve! Glad the appetite has come back. Hmm, where do you find sticky toffee pudding milkshake? Or does it come from sticky toffee pudding flavoured cows x
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Yep I have a sticky toffee pudding cow in my garden....Nah seriously Tesco's have it on offer....
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Well I offiially s...ck at dancing sober .

I had a goodnight. Didn't drink and left after all the official stuff and after my girls dragged me up to the dance floor.

It made it a lot easier as I was not on my usual table where we would have taken turns buying bottles of champagne. That was a case of good luck rather then good management on my behalf.

I had underestimated how nervous I would be going there sober ... and small talk sober.. challenging.

It was a relief to get home and get on SR chat.

Catch up later

Got to get ready for work
Jodie
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Another day nearly done....Just gonna chomp down some ice cream for extra calories before I hit the sack....See ya all tomorrow....Steve...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations applecrumble
& you too for getting through the evening Jodie

I can never work out why you're not the size of Cornwall, Steve LOL
D
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

23.15 and bedtime

Hi again, I've had 'one of those days', so I'm going to bed very soon. Up early again tomorrow for work.

Stairs, I really, really begrudge paying my water bills, all the bl*ody rain we get here and we have to pay for water! Just not right! Then the first bit of sunshine we get the council slap a hose pipe ban on!! Enjoy your holiday.

Apple, day 90 is brilliant, well done you!

Steve, sticky toffee pudding milkshake!! Really?? Oh it sounds gross, yuck! You should be on that programme 'Man versus food' he'd meet his match with you. It's good to see you sounding like your old self again.

You made it Jodie, I knew you would, well done. Will there be lots of pics on f.b now of you in a dress?? Better than lots of pics on f.b of you drunk in a dress. Sober small talk, hmmm,I thought I was good at small talk when I was drinking, I must have bored people rigid!

Right then, bedtime.

Night night, sleep well.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Way to go Applecrumble! Way cool to hit 90.

Jodie--I knew all along you could do it. Seriously. Very proud of you. Don't worry about the small talk. It's not easy for lots of us. It's just a "small" thing, after all.

Steve--I've got to try some of your toffee ice cream! I love toffee, even more than chocolate. If your cow is missing tomorrow, just look for the ransom note.

Stairs, you made me laugh about your water bill. I often find things to procrastinate over (unloading the dishwasher, for one), so I can totally relate to the self-made drama. Good on you for getting it done.

Erica, nice to hear you're getting back into running. I did quite a bit of that when my knees and back were younger. Well, I was just a jogger, actually. But it's a great way to stay in shape.

Slim, your advice to LLG is very excellent. You express your thoughts and reasoning so very well. And you're right about our being a team here. Each person is important and has a role to play. There's a bond that has formed, and we miss those we don't hear from.

HFA, I've heard about turduckens, but I've never tasted one. That one looks delicious.
And Panacea, I'm so glad to have another Southerner here. I love the way you talk--it sounds completely normal to me! lol

LLG, I love your honesty. "I'm doing my best to cope, maybe not my absolute best". As long as you are honest with yourself, you'll do fine in life. Good luck on getting your job situation sorted out.

Grace, thanks again for being the steady rock here. You made me laugh about the water bill and your famous rain. I would resent paying for it if I were you, too! I hope your g-daughter is OK after the bead in her nose?

Dee-you da man as always.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey everyone!

Steve, sticky toffee pudding cows lol awww, they'd prolly be small light brown and extra chubby!

Apple, Go You On Your 90!

Jodie, I felt the same way at an after work function I attended sober in mid October. Lots of nerves. Very proud of you.

Well, my bank job svp just emailed me asking if I'm working? I said No and now I'm impatiently waiting on his reply. I think I have a good shot at coming back but it looks like he wants to make me sweat! I'd be soooooooooooooo extraordinarily grateful if I got my bank job back. I underestimated how it feels to be resourceless if you know what I mean.

Nonetheless, baby is doing great enjoying his solids and is just an exuberant little thing. I have an adorable baby outfit for him for Thanksgiving which I'm spending with his dad and their family. i'm bringing a garlic rosemary cauliflower bake. I hope they like.

I'm already in bed lol. Night !