Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Here's a pic from my neck of the woods from last week,

Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Beautiful OC!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

60 days!!! Thanks for the congrats Sunny. Happy 60 Twestlie!

Went out and voted this morning, now need to TRY to get some work done. I'm working from home again since the trains still aren't running normally. It's going to be hard to concentrate. Election Day is so exciting!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi all

Great to see the posts and lots of people getting more days on the sober side!

Hope if your in the US you can get out an vote today. That is a franchise and right I think everyone should use as it came at some high costs to a lot of people. I always get this way around November 11th.

Day 65 rolled in okay and had a good day yesterday.

I guess I am now seeing more of the blessing of sobriety as more of my meetings have people coming back or new people trying out AA. Whatever way you get to sobriety it sure worth it as I am always amazed at how I forget just how broken I was at the end of the last binge.

Onwards into the day and wishing everyone a safe and sober 24!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just popping in from the August class to say hi and congrats to people on reaching the podium yet again and for hitting some impressive milestones.

IWW, you and your community are very much in my thoughts these days. It is going to be a long haul to get back any sense of normalcy in so many parts of Jersey; the silver lining in this is the spirit and strong sense of community there which will get you all through this. Meditating on the nor'easter heading out to sea instead of being an unwelcome visitor.

WWG...haven't heard from you in a few days and the last you posted, you seemed pretty down. Get thee to a meeting!!! I believe you are one who would benefit from the 90 meetings in 90 days.

Keep on keepin' on, and keep posting!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome pic Oz

congrats on 60 days SBTS & twestlie!

D
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning all

I've just popped in from the August class to see how you're all doing and you seem to be doing pretty well. Good stuff, keep in going, we can do this.

By the way has anyone heard from WWG this week, I noticed he was logged on at one point on Monday, but I haven't seen any posts from him. Just concerned that's all!

Just for today I will appreciate the beautiful colours of the sunset
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Good morning all

I've just popped in from the August class to see how you're all doing and you seem to be doing pretty well. Good stuff, keep in going, we can do this.

By the way has anyone heard from WWG this week, I noticed he was logged on at one point on Monday, but I haven't seen any posts from him. Just concerned that's all!

Just for today I will appreciate the beautiful colours of the sunset
No and nothing from Lefthook either.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Eli
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Ozark-Your pic is awesome! I am originally from the east coast and miss beautiful sceneries like that. Kansas doesn't offer many tree's here in the flatlands...however, the sunrises and sunsets are at times beautiful here.

Is that your bike in the pic? It's purty too! I'd love to be riding mine in your neck of the woods.

Thanks for sharing! You just gave the beginning of my new day another reason to be grateful for all the good things in life!

YVR-67 days for me and I share your sentiments. Sobriety does feel good.
Newcomers at meetings help keep me grounded and keep me inspired as well.

Their stories are reminders of where I was, where I am and where I want to be in this program. I'm understanding why the "longtimers" keep saying they need us newbies, just as we need them, to stay strong!

I hope everyone's day is good! xoxox
Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Yes it is Sunny,I have a lot of fun with it.
YVR,congrats and I also remember how bad it was after my last binge too,heres to them being our last.
Hope everyone makes this a good day.
OC
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morining everyone....

Checking in...Doing well...still hard in the evenings...but..working through it..

Kinda slow on the board..Wondering where WWG is..Haven't heard from him im a while..

Matthew...Hope you are doing well. Let us know.

Have a safe sober day eveybody.

Jim
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ozark - beautiful picture!!! Jim glad to hear you are doing good, evenings are tough. Especially last night geeze, I'm glad the elections are over

Matthew - hope you are doing ok...

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Today is day 50 for me! I'm blessed. Truely.
How is everyone holding up?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

LH,
Doing well here,was wondering where you have been. How are the workouts going?
I'm two days behind you,keep up the good work and thanks for keeping track of the day count.I hate math :-)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Haha ozark me too. One night I just sat down and counted it all out at once and dated each 10th day on my calendar. I got sick of trying to remember each day lol
Yeah I haven't posted much lately been trying to stay busy but i think about you guys alot. Everyday i reflect on where I came from and how I was "living" and what I've learned. It's so much easier for me knowing taking that first drink will lead me to the same place it always has. Life can be hard but it doesn't have to be impossible.
Congrats on your sobriety my friend I set it in my calendar to come in here and congratulate you in two days!
Training is going good. Exhausting at times. I'm learning alot about myself. I'll be fighting in about 6 months. My coach wants me to fight at 155 which will take extreme dedication. Last time i was at that weight I was 23 lol
But yeah its good. I'm in the gym 5 days a week on average. Start it off by running and sprinting 3 miles, then lift weights then the rest is all muay thai drills and boxing drills and jiu jitsu drills.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Excellent!!!
Years ago I was competitive on the national Tae Kwon Do tournament circuit(#5 ranking nationally at one point).Worked out twice a day,mainly stretching/running am's and drills/sparring at evenings often 7 days a week.I fought at the 150lb class.NEVER drank much during those years but burned a lot of weed.Whenever I did drink it was always to excess to put it lightly.Once I got out of college,never worked out much again.I moved away from my pot connections and used alcohol as a substitute,also as a way to loosen up clients.Put on 75 lbs in three years.Can you believe that! I'm back down to 180 now but carry it well.Wish I could make myself start to try to get in shape again.You keep at it.
Good to here from you,we can do this.
Ozark
Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
Everyday i reflect on where I came from and how I was "living" and what I've learned. It's so much easier for me knowing taking that first drink will lead me to the same place it always has. Life can be hard but it doesn't have to be impossible.
Lefthook I'm glad you posted, this is a great quote. I need to start doing that everyday as well. Thanks for the inspiration. Congrats on 50 days thats wonderful! you too ozark 48 days that quite an accomplishment!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,hope you have a great day.
Quick am check-in.Hanging in here.
OC
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Great to see you LH!

30 days today - yay! Fell at 29 days last time so this is a new record.