Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning,
Keep up the great work.
Sober am I.
OC
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Iwillwin- Happy 60 days! Hope you get your power back soon!

LeftHook- High anxiety, paranoia, panic attacks were all a part of my drinkng as well. Glad it's gone! Remembering though helps keep me from wanting to go back to it.

SBTS-Glad you got your power back! Great idea! of giving yourself a gift for your 60 days....I'm gonna have to do that for my 90!

LWB-You've got a good taste of what life is like sober for 45 days...Hang on to that! Believe when they say "it get's better" and just learn from the things that cause you to want a drink (relapse) I relapsed several times before I got to the point I am at. Each of those relapses taught me valueable lessons. Journaling is a big help for me. Keep going girl!

Ozark-Glad you are staying sober! Congrats! & keep posting!

Jim-Where are you? Don't give up on us now! You can do this!!

WWG-Keep trying and never give up!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hope- sorry I missed you! A week plus! Excellent! It will keep getting better!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sunny- I got myself a gift for starting off, then for 30 days and now for 60 coming up I plan to continue doing so for each major milestone. They've all been necklaces. I collect necklaces (have 50+, feel naked without one) and these days it has been helpful wearing one that reminds me to stay sober.

The one i just bought myself is in the shape of a little bud with leaves. The designer called it "new growth" and that seemed appropriate

Dee- it's great to be really back!

Ozark- so glad you're still doing well!

Day 57, just checking in. Now that our power is back I have a lot of schoolwork to do this weekend, lol. Have a great day everyone and don't forget to meet me at the PODIUM on Monday!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

great post sunny! IWW hope you get your power back on soon - geeze. SBTS great idea with the gifts. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning,still hanging tough here,best to all.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning, this thread is too quiet.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning. Was hoping to get that extra hour of sleep but wouldn't ya know, I had trouble falling asleep for an hour. Lol go figure.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good afternoon from Scotland.
I hope every one is OK.

Another sober weekend for me, I hope all of you did the same.

This is getting easier as each weekend goes by but I know Christmas and especially, New Year, will be difficult for me.

I am of the opinion that I can drink if I want to, I just don't want to.

I have not had a conversation with my wife since April, was arrested in July, then fell down stairs and split my head at a football match in August.

I decided to stop on 2nd September and have surprised myself with how well I have done.
I know some of you have more stress than me and everyone's circumstances are different but I honestly feel that if I can stay off alcohol for 64 days and do not have an urge to drink, then all of you can do it.

I started drinking when I was 15 and have been drinking every weekend, (and more), since then.
I am 51 now and decided I have had enough.
I am now in control of my life and I am determined not to drink ever again. (I can if I want to, I just don't want to).

Good luck to everyone and I'll see you all on the podium tomorrow......
Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I had a bunch of stressors come to a head on friday night. I had some wine then poured the rest out. Not being able to drive is going to be a big challenge for me. I'm going to have to stay with my mom for a while, but I guess the good news is I won't be able or tempted to drink at all. I'm sorry if I let anyone down. Between court, not working and living by myself I'm happy that I didn't drink myself to death over the past several months that's what the old me would have done. Ok enough of my pitty party had to vent. Have a good sober day.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello September friends. Hope, I'm sorry you had such a stressful time on Friday. Hang in there and keep up the fight. I am amazed by the strength each person in this group has displayed. You are each inspirational.

I just got back home from another out of town trip. Once again, I was the only one not drinking. This time it was harder. This time I could not help feeling sorry for myself. I stayed strong though and drank a lot of water.

But when I got home, I allowed myself to have a drink. My AV was having a pity party and I did not fight it. I was stupid. I did not get on SR. I did not pray. I did not reach out to anyone. Live and learn.

Strange thing is, I don't feel like starting my day one over. I succeeded at not drinking during 2 stressful, out of town, very social, weekends. My little moment of self-indulgence will not wipe away my string of success and my very firm resolve to beat this beast. I won't stand on the podium tomorrow, but I am still going to consider September 5 as the turning point in my life. I still think of it as my day one. I guess if I have another slip, I will have to rethink this position.

I am very glad to have this forum to keep myself honest and to vent. Thanks ya'all.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

For those of us who relapsed this week (even ever so slightly), I think about what Sunny said yesterday - "...these are valuable lessons.". We're being honest by acknowledging our stumbles and will learn from our mistakes. We just have to keep trying and be strong.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ok, day 7 without power. Just got home from my Sunday AA discussion meeting. We held it in a powerless church and froze the whole time but we were all there. Our topic was gratitude which makes sense considering all of the horribleness surrounding us all here. Every single person who shared said they are most grateful for their sobriety. It may seem strange to others, but us alcoholics know that without our sobriety we have nothing. Despite the utter chaos of our community, and all of us in the room lucky to be alive, we are MOST grateful for sobriety. I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking that - other non-alcoholics in my life have been busy saying how thankful they are for their homes, power, loved ones, etc. but for me, it is being sober. I feel so blessed to be present in my own life.

Off to try and shower before the darkness comes and I can't see anything! Will keep you all posted on the situation here as the days progress
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Checking in for the day. I feel overwhelmed with schoolwork, I have two papers due a week from Wednesday and since I'm going to be away next weekend I really wanted to get them both done before that. I don't know if that is going to happen the way things look now. Sandy really messed up my plans. On the bright side I don't have to go to work tomorrow, although my boss did call me with a research project to do at home.

Day 58 here, still eagerly anticipating 60. I know nothing really changes between 58 and 60 but the milestones are a big deal for me.

Sorry to hear of your relapses hope and benice. Seems a lot of us are struggling lately.

IWW, so glad you seem to be doing well despite recent challenges.

Till tomorrow all. Looking forward to seeing everyone who is still on the podium with me!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

for everyone stuggling or who slipped welcome back

I absolutely agree it's pointless to beat ourselves up - but it's pointless to gloss over the fact that somethings not working either...

when we drink I think it's a sign we need to do more...find out what else you need to do and...be like Nike LOL...just do it guys

D
Old 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Benice, sorry to hear that but it sounds like you have the right idea. Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm coming down with flu I think. I can't remember the last time I had a genuine illness that wasn't a hangover! It's funny, even though I feel like hell, I'm kind of pleased about it!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I miss you guys. I joined November and am on day four and done with the day! On to day five. A new record for me. I am really excited. Hope you're all well. This group is special, and I really thank you all. September was an important month for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats on Day 4 SFMS! I was just thinking about you yesterday!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This weekend is just about over and it's time to get myself to bed. Sorry about the relapses, Hope and Benice. I started a thread in alcholism "12 Steps of Relapse". Check it out, maybe something in there you can relate to. It's AA based (I hope I put it in the right Topic Spot...I hate offending those who are not AA friendly.) If I have, I apologize. Anyway I found a couple of things that described me and it's always beneficial to learn what problems I need to work on, so I don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Well91- Like you, I feel the same...."If I can do it anyone can". I wouldn't have believed that 3 months ago and it feels great being able to say it now. The past 2 days I have been "hit" with something wonderful...something I haven't felt in several years...ENERGY! This weekend I spent cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. It feels so good to actually WANT to do it! and the house looks good too. To think this is just a start, a beginning to what I'll be able to accomplish as I continue to get "well".

Y'all it really does get better. Keep working at it and never give up hope!

Iwillwin-I am so proud of you! Wow! you are hanging in there like a trooper!
keep up the fantastic work! You are an inspiration (especially under that kind of stress), to us all! Hopefully your power will come back soon.

SBTS- Way to hang in there too! Be looking for you Tuesday to wish you Happy 60!

SFMS-4 days woo-hoo! keep it up!

LeftHook- I went to bed at 2 a.m.(cleaning house) lastnight thinking...I can sleep in, I have an extra hour...woke up an hour earlier...go figure! Lol

LWOB-Good attitude! After all, we are all still students of life (no matter how old we are) We can learn much from ourselves if we just tune into the good that our body and mind is trying to tell us. Our non alcholic side talks to us everyday telling us what our body needs and doesn't need. Now that I am sober it is telling me I need to exercise...I am actually craving to exercise. My body is yelling out "take care of me!" It feels so good to be sober! You go girl!

Eli-About a month into sobriety I became physically ill with bronchitis, then the 24 hour flu...so so much easier to deal with then hangover's. Hope you feel well soon!

Dee- I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks!

GoodNight all! C-ya on the podium!