Notices

Clean House Time Part 4

Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

A teddy Bear for today is what the Doctor ordered for those of us that need extra support.... one day at a time.....

I am thinking about that for myself today and each day for the New Year.... We all have those days that it just gets so rough.... and when we need someone or something to hang on to it is time to turn the page over and find that furry friend that is stuffed to Hug all day if need be.

I have had many days that I thought my life was not what it was meant to be.... my other half just doesn't see what I see in my life and I wish he would just find the light at the end of the path and turn his own life around just for me and my kid...... But I can only take care of my Recovery and walk the straight path to the best of my ability..... I have to... I don't see any turning back to just be on his side... I can't turn back after all the years I have put into this part of my life.

Yes... recovery in my life is too important to turn the tables around.... I have gotten so far that I am up for celebrating 27 yrs of AA Recovery and I am taking one day at a time to get to that BIG CELEBRATION.... this is my life and I need to look forward to this day....

Dreaming about all this time is good and thinking about the days past is ok.... is an accomplishment to look forward to....

Cleaning house within is even better as it keeps us all moving forward One Day At A Time.... So clean your inner house and make the most of Today.... this is your day as well as mine.

Words for thought.....

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

POSITIVE ATTITUDES

PATIENCE

PRAYER

GRATEFUL FOR TODAY

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Just for today I am here to think about my life in Recovery and be Grateful for what I have at the moment.....

I will find that Teddy Bear and get all the Hugs I need.. just for today...

Hugs for all those that still suffer today......
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The new year is about here and I have my list of new stuff to accomplish ....yea... this is what I have fun with and to make my new year different with different challenges.....

Cleaning my inner house is going to be different for me as I think about the steps I stumbled over.... I want to think about them as I go on my walks outside and when I see the birds I think about a step to work and the changes I can make to keep my life happy for ME......YES... for ME....

Recovery is my life and I have to keep moving forward no matter how many times I stumble....... yea... I still stumble no matter how many years I have today or tomarrow..

For today.... words for thought.....

COMPASSION

HONESTY

HUMILITY

SERENITY

SURRENDER TO TODAY...

ONE DAY AT A TIME

THANKFULNESS

I am thankful just for today and waking up a sober person..... one day at a time is how I do it...... and thank God for getting me through each night...

Cleaning my inner house is all it takes and making the most of what I need to do for me today.......... I listen to my inner self and to what others have to say..... I think about what I can do today to make things go well no matter how many holes I may fall into..

There are times when someone you care about makes it tough to get through the day.... but for me I think about the years I have behind me and ask
God for a little help to just have patience...... and pray the serenity prayer...

Take each day as it comes..... get to meetings and listen to what others have to say and make the New Year a special one for you.... Reach out to those that still suffer and show them that life can CHANGE just for today.....

It works if you work it..... Keep coming back .... just for today... one day at a time...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.....

We all made it to the new year and now time to make more changes in how we do so much in recovery........

I am thinking about working harder on the steps and cleaning my inner house and much more.......

Words for thought...

POSITIVE ATTITUDE....

ATTITUDE CHANGE...

ACCEPTANCE

THOUGHTFULNESS.....

PATIENCE

PEACE OF MIND......

make this time and day your own .... just for today.... be patient with yourself and those around you...

Have a good day and take each step slow....get to a meeting and listen to what stories are being said...

Just for today I am here thinking about all I have accomplished .... just for today.... as I now have 27yrs of AA behind me..... I made it and proud to have this day to myself...

Thank you everyone for listening to me.... you are great....

Keep coming back.... it really works if you work the steps and stick to your program..
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted in the other thread in 12 step forum but congratulations again - fantastic achievement my friend

D
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for the Congrats..... Dee74... you are a good person for thinking about me...
And ... Yes.... the 27 yrs I have in AA is an accomplishment that will shine on in my life for a long time...... I pray for the new year and all it has to offer me as well..... lots of changes to think about...

For today I have words for thought....

HONESTY

PERSONAL INVENTORY
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A brisk walk is a must today.... as the cold days are just getting colder......

Words for thought today...

HONESTY...

PRIDE

HUMILITY

PURPOSE OF RECOVERY ...JUST FOR TODAY

SELF- FORGIVENESS

POSITIVE THINKING ...JUST FOR TODAY

I am making time today to really clean my inner house and think about the steps that i Always stumble over each year...... Yes... there is work between the lines that needs more work that other steps...

For today I am thinking about how it is I can make changes for the new year that may have been missed last year.....

Recovery is a tough thing for any of us to work on ..... because so many of us slip backwards ... and have a tough time finding our way back ...

Just for today I am going to work the first step and think between the lines to make the steps more personal.... yes... PERSONAL..

There is a way.... and a little thinking with some quiet time will help me.... as I put on the quiet music without words to help me JUST FOR TODAY...

have a good day and reach out and give someone a Hug....someone that is still Suffering and needs a little boost ...

Keep coming back.... you can work on your life changes in recovery....one day at a time.... it really works ...if you work it...
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was tip toeing through the rain drops early and thought about all the holes I used to trip in before my recovery..... but that isn't long ago as each day is a recovery day for me....
Yea.... But just for today I am rolling out the carpet to think about making the steps work for me in a much better way for this new year...

Words for thought.....

HONEST STEP WORK....

STRAIGHT STEP ON PATH....

TRUST

MEETINGS

ONE DAY AT A TIME

JUST FOR TODAY

RELAX IN YOUR PROGRAM

Thinking about today and what important changes I can make for me and get to the meetings I need to help me make those changes.....

Thinking about finding a different meeting to attend where no one knows me.... how would I feel about that ...how comfortable would I feel in my own skin?

I remember the first meeting I walked into where I didn't feel good about walking into a meeting room for the first time........ just for today that moment can happen again...

Cleaning your inner house can feel the same way when exploring new areas that just haven't been uncovered...... give it a try.... as this is your life.... just for today.:ghug3

Have a good day and make those changes....see how you feel deep down inside.....

I know that I won't go without my Teddy Bear for extra comfort.... I need that little friend to hang on to till I feel good about myself and what changes I am making .... just for today....
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Today is nice with the sunshine to warm things up a bit.....so that walk with be nice for once...

Words for thought....

ONE STEP AT A TIME....

ACCEPTANCE

STEP WORK..... SLOWLY

POWERLESSNESS

OBLIGATION

PRAYER

GRATITUDE

LOVE SELF AND RECOVERY....JUST FOR TODAY

Thinking about working the step that has stumped me for the most part and try to think about what God is saying just for today....

Cleaning our inner house and working the steps is one of the most important things to do just for today...... take your time and think about what is being said to you today.....

I think about what bothers me when I have a difficult time working just one step..... no matter how many years you may have it is tough trying to work the steps over...... I find that there is always something that was missed the first time...

Many reasons out there while working the program stuff that we do miss stuff.... I have realized that i am not perfect nor is the person next to me......

So one day at a time is all it takes to make the program work...and to get through each step.....

I take a walk and think about what it is I need to get through today and what makes the steps sink in for me....... I know that a quiet time with God and that one walk...early in the morning helps...

Find your way today and know that you are not alone..... God will walk with you no matter what.... and if you don't believe in God there are other things that can help and that is TRUSTING IN YOURSELF EACH DAY TO GET THROUGH THE TOUGHEST TIMES.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Today is like any other day..... tried by patience and many other things that we all go through.... but for the most part... I would try to work the steps harder is there are too many rough days.... Because this is your day to do what is right in your life... just like me.... I want to do what is right and keep coming back for the longest time...

Taking that walk today will help let off steam and much more.... will give the time to relax while walking..... and give time to think about the steps that need the most work..

Cleaning our inner house is the best thing for today..... I take a closer look at the steps that I neglected for so many times and cut them too short....... Yea... we all do it and think we can make a move faster through the steps by cutting the writing shorter and the work shorter by moving into the next one sooner...... WRONG....

Take your time and make each word count in working the steps.... this is your life and mine ...so we all need to work that much harder... One step at a time...

Get to a meeting and think about what is said.... if you have time get in a word before leaving..... this is your life and making the most of a meeting is good...... especially when you can take home something that was said....

Keep coming back .... just for today...

Words for thought....

TRUST

PATIENCE WITH SELF

HONESTY ON STEP WORK

MEETINGS ...ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh My Gosh...... I am thinking about all the bad things that could have happened if my car had died on the road long way away from everyone and on the freeway in the mountains.... But for today I am grateful to have it being fixed and not making noise..... it felt so rough driving and my kid felt the harsh vibration under her seat....... Wow...

Thinking about my life today and all I can do for my recovery.... this is my life and what I need to do for me to make my recovery special.....

Working the steps each day is one thing that comes first each morning..... I am human just like anyone next to me or across the city I live in.... except I live in the mountains away from the city that I live in.... just 15 minutes away.... How sweet that is ....

Words for thought today...

COMPASSION

SURRENDER

FREEDOM

PEACE OF MIND

RELAXATION

STEP WORK .... JUST FOR TODAY...

CLEANING OF INNER HOUSE....

POSITIVE THINKING TODAY

Take today slow and think about what it is you need to do for yourself and keeping your life simple......... make the most of what you have and take life slow....

I think about the steps and what they all mean to me and my recovery that keeps moving slowly ONE DAY AT A TIME...... this is my life just for today and I am grateful for what I have.......
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Today built up with many little things that are just going wrong.... like motors dying in the bathroom fan and the car not working right...... Oh what a week for me...

But for the most part it could be my life in recovery....anytime....

I am stronger than that I hope and keep the steps I make moving forward without looking back.....except to see how well I have changed over the years.\

Words for thought...

HOPEFULNESS

GUIDELINES

IMPACT OF RECOVERY ONE DAY AT A TIME...

READY FOR CHALLENGES

SERENITY PRAYER

Thinking about these words gives me the thought about making the most of my Step work just for today....... I have come a long way with so much and each day comes different with difficulties ..... Yes....

There are times that we least expect and we have to face the day as it is..... learn from mistakes and kick old habits...... make a fresh start....

Get to meetings today and think about what is being said....

Do your step work and make the most of each word in that step....read between the lines of the step.... there are hidden messages for you.... Think about it.... I did...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Today is starting slow and the thought of making the most of my recovery is totally on my mind at this point while everyone else is asleep or gone to work.... it is still early and I have the time to work on my own self with thinking about cleaning my inner house and working the steps that have stumped me so often during my recovery....

Words for thought today that will help me think about myself.....

FORGIVENESS

RESENTMENTS

LAZINESS

SELF PITY

NEGATIVE THINKING

HUGS A MUST

TRUST/PRAYER

TURN IT OVER

MEETINGS (AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TODAY)

There is so much going on in my life and my recovery does get affected for sure.... but slowing down and taking my own inventory will help along with looking at the words above........ just for today.

Cleaning my inner house will help me making the most of today.... and calm me down one minute at a time.... this is my Recovery and I need to think about keeping the changes moving forward.....

self pity is not a good thing and I need to Trust and ask God for the extra help and just be patient for an answer for that help......

Negative thinking is not acceptable and that means getting to a meeting is a must.... and will give me the chance to listen to what others say and get in a few words myself.

Resentments can always pull me down and this is a chance I need to take time and pray.... asking for the strength to carry on.... Recovery has to remain important.... Yes... it is the number One part of my life and working the steps will keep me strong.

Laziness.... we all experience that and think that not working the steps or our program stuff for a day will be ok..... NOT..... working the steps and getting to meetings is a MUST.... this is my life and those around me that find Recovery so important each day.... Keep up the good work and don't let the little things get to you so much that you feel a Break From Recovery is all you need just for today...... That won't work.... I know for a fact that being lazy is not good..... it backfires most of the time.

Today do good and make recovery the start of your day and the end of your day.....and work the middle stuff as well.....

This is your life and mind.... for the rest of our lives.... it works if you really work it...

Keep coming back and know that working the steps is the biggest reward you could ever give yourself ..... I know that and I am glad to be here and work the steps....

I feel at peace when I do the Recovery work I started since day one ....and now I have 27 yrs under my belt in AA Recovery.... I am Proud to have gotten this far....

Prayers and Hugs for all those that still suffer today..
Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ok... taking today slow and feeling that I need less stress for my life....
Taking that walk to help and thinking about what words I need to keep me going ...

Words for thought ......

CALMNESS

PEACE OF HEART

HONESTY

SERENITY PRAYER

TRUSTING GOD TO DIRECT THE DAY

MEETINGS

STEP WORK AND BEING OPEN TO THE CHANGES NEEDED

HOPE

ANTICIPATION

SELF RESPECT

SELF CONFIDENCE

Make the most of each day..... especially when thinking about cleaning your inner house and working the steps...

I have to think about my steps with ease.... and read each word for what it offers me... I take each work and think about what it is really saying .... I have to...

Make the steps talk to you as well....... it gives life in recovery a different road to walk.... I like to think about the straight path to keep my feet going rather than the rough road that tends to lead most of us astray to the direction that is totally wrong.

Prayers for you all today ....that you will find that peaceful path..... and not walk the wrong one........ know that the straight path will have its ups and down...not matter what. But be positive as I am... One step at a time just for today...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Cold and raining today..... but I can get through this just like so many of you.... One day at a time....

Words for thought....

TOUGHNESS

CALMING THE FEAR

HEARTACHES

STRENGTH

PEACE OF MIND

ATTITUDE CHANGE

MEETINGS DAILY

COMMON SENSE

BE HAPPY JUST FOR TODAY

I am thinking about all the times I haven't been happy and yet God is always there to help lift me up no matter what...

Just like cleaning my inner house and making the most of my recovery is the one important aspect of my life...... I have to do what is right for me today.... and climb that mountain that keeps me working harder and harder each day...

Working the steps is tough when you are reading between the lines to make more sense of what is being said.....

No matter how many times you work the steps I don't think it is any easier...... it just depends on what is going on in your life.......as what goes on in my life...

Get to meetings today and when you take that walk along the stores find a second hand store to just walk through and look around...... think about what you see inside and how many times you worked hard at your own recovery....

Sometimes the second hand stores show the left over stuff some of us had to give up because we just couldn't keep things.... things that messed up our lives maybe or for some other reason...

Recovery helps us to get back our lives for the better and we get that "fresh start" on life........

I find that there is something for me in that second hand store to start my life over "fresh"....... and then again maybe there really isn't anything there for you......

Only we can be the judge on our life..... and with the help of God we can make a "fresh start"....

Take time today to think about what difference you can make for yourself..... I am and I wanted to share with you all that no matter what I do..... I make a difference each time I clean my inner house....

I find that "OLD TEDDY BEAR" and get all the hugs I need without searching for a friend to help me......but at meetings you can get so many Hugs...

Have a good day and think about yourself.... this is your life.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Each day that goes by is special in recovery no matter how it goes.... think about it...
Meetings change your life and make a mark to make improvements in your program if you think about it......

make those changes today....by thinking about all that is said in the STEP WORK you have to read, write and dream about in your sleep and walk...... this is your walk today and mine ONE DAY AT A TIME......

Words for thought today.....

DREAMS

HOPES

HUGS

MEETINGS

TEARS EACH DAY......WHY?

PRAYERS FOR THOUGHT AND JUST FOR TODAY....

STEPS THAT COUNT EACH MOMENT.....

I am thinking about all the TEARS i have shed each day of my recovery while working the steps and hoping I could make a change in my own life.....

for the moment I am here and working the step that mostly impacted me for more change in my own recovery.......YES ... there is one for each of us and YOU can see what step is the most troubling one for you....

I work that step harder and read between the lines.... get to meetings to understand why recovery has to be so tough and misunderstanding in some ways...... it is tough love I thought and if you can't understand the steps then you need to find that one meeting that will help you understand.......

Just for today I pray for the changes I need in my life to make the steps work for me...... it doesn't matter how many years you have in your program .....it does matter how well you understand all you read in recovery......

I hope to understand just for today .....all I read and re-read in recovery.... this is my life and I have to make the most of it..... just for today.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I always wondered why things happen the way they do and we have to fix problems more times that needed........ God gives us each day as He wants us to have it...

Cleaning our inner house is what we are to do.... and this is a daily thing we HAVE to do... to keep our inner house going smooth as there are unwanted visitors...... think about it.

Yes... unwanted visitors that try to make our life in recovery miserable.... and that is the time we need to stay on our toes.

Working the steps and keeping our inner house clean is a tough thing for so many of us....but I find new ways to make it easy each day.....

I make it my "wake up time " before I do anything else.... I have to if I want my life to go smooth..... or at least try to make things go well...

Words for thought today....

HONOR

HOPEFULNESS

DREAMS....FOR EACH DAY... NOT FUTURE..

GRATEFUL FOR TODAY

HONESTY TO SELF....

PEACE OF MIND

Just for today take that walk as I do ....it is a must and really clears the air within and around me or you..... this is life in recovery and it comes with a price just like anything else around us........

But the walk if FREE and you have the time to think about your program work and what changes you can make for you....

I like that time to just walk and see what is going on around me.... I listen for the wild animals that are here and like to hear the birds..... everything is FREE and doing what they want... But the animals go about their day with a price... as other animals are out there to Ruin their life...in an instant...

Our recovery can be Ruined in an instant if we don't keep up with cleaning our inner house and working our program.....

Keep up the good work .... just for today and know you are not alone.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Making the most of today and each day..... no matter what goes on....

Words for thought today....

HONESTY

COMPASSION

(MAKE UP YOUR OWN WORD TO FIT IN WITH REST)

TENDERNESS

SURRENDER

The days go by fast and thinking about cleaning your inner house is the first thing on anyones list......

I am working on my list of things I need to work out in my step work....as it is important to keep my house clean and make the most of each day as each day comes with trouble no matter how hard we try to keep it peaceful......

Make the day for you the best you can...... there is frustration all the time and that comes with Recovery..... it is always a part of Recovery no matter what...

Take time and go on that walk..... there is much going on now with the Super Bowl that most of us like to watch or NOt..... we all have those moments ... But for today.... take time to do something for yourself...

I am going to take that walk.... make some Frog Bean Bags and maybe think of other things I need to do.....just for me.... just to make my day special....
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY...... one of those days that most of us like to kick back and watch for all the fun it is worth........

But one thing is that I do it SOBER..... yes.... this is the time to think of doing a party theme SOBER....without all the things that really get the party going...

The party for me is to make the most of Recovery and just have fun at the same time..... we all do it.... it can be done...

So before all the fun starts I will find that time to get in a walk and dream about the TEAM I SO KNOW THAT WILL WIN THIS SUPER BOWL....... at least I pray that they win...

Words for the day......

PATIENCE

PRACTICE OF SILENCE BEFORE THE STORM WITHIN....

HONESTY

CALMNESS WITHIN....

REFLECTION OF RECOVERY .....

RESPONSIBILITY

HARD WORK ....WITH STEPS....

Make the most of today and take your time to clean your inner house.....especially today with the super bowl going on.....

But most of us just don't watch football and that is ok.....

Take today slow and find that quiet space for yourself to work the steps and keep your life moving forward...........the tears may come and that is ok....you are HUMAN just as much as the rest of us....

Hugs for all those that still suffer today.....and those that are still taking each moment for what it is worth.........ONE DAY AT A TIME....
Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ok.... i haven't been here for a while and good reason is that I haven't been well....but for today I am going to post....

That walk is so needed today and the end of the day is here..... oh no.... but the light is still around long enough to get in a few minutes....

Take the time to work the steps that most bother you and that you may have set aside...... because this is not the time or day to set them aside.....

Work the step that you are stuck on..... and just be patient.

Words for thought......

PATIENCE

ACCEPTANCE

WILLINGNESS

SERENITY PRAYER

DEEP BREATHING TIMES

MEETINGS

For the most part we all go through more than we want for our lives....but for the moment we can just attend that meeting that we are comfortable with.....

I am thinking about the many times I need patience to get through each of my days that go by.......... I have to accept myself for who I am today and not point the finger at the wrongs that others do to me.....

Yea.... because this is my life in recovery and I have to make the most of my meetings, listen to what is said and say the serenity prayer so many times over....

For every day that goes by some of them are better than others.....

I have to trust in God to keep me going no matter how many bad words may get thrown in my direction...... YES..... there are bad days that I would rather not live for.....but God does keep me going and help me to forgive the other person.....

Forgiveness is the greatest gift.... and for me to just let go and let God take control....makes my day a little easier to get through...no matter what.

I've had to take a deep breath and just let the bad things pass me up if at all possible......it isn't easy....

But with my recovery I can let go and move forward no matter how tough it seems......... the blows I took from words these last couple days... I have learned to let God direct me....
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

We all need those bear hugs to stay warm today..... at least I need something as the cold spell crept up on us just last night without warning....... WOW..

For today I am thinking about that walk to get even warmer and work on a couple steps that need more work in my mind.......

Words for thought....

PATIENCE

ACCEPTANCE

WILLINGNESS

STRENGTH

CHARACTER DEFECTS

HOPE

CONFIDENCE

Make the most of today while cleaning your inner house......as some of us just like to leave a mess for others to clean up...

But for today take time to do your own cleaning without being asked....work the step that has stumped you for a couple days..... think about what it is saying to you...

kick back and relax a bit.....write out the step you are on and try to understand what it says between the lines.....

Get to a meeting and ask for help if you need.... listen to what others say... and take home some thought from your meeting... sometimes this will help you through your day.

It works for me and I am the type of person that will go home and write in a journal about me experiences at meetings and what I got out of what was said.....

But for today I take the words I have listed and work on them .... thinking about where they fit in the step work I have to do each day .... Because this is my life in recovery and I need to make the most of it......

I have to keep my life moving forward no matter how much someone may try to make me sad or upset......

Keep coming back.... this is a place where we try to find the answers we need for our life....

But YOU ARE the only one that has the answers.... this is your life.... ASK GOD to help .... if you really need it and are at the end of your rope..

Hugs for those of you that are still suffering today.....