Administrator

Class of March 2011 Part 19

we continue from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-18-a-20.html

D
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FIRST!

Sorry bout the Tigers Mirage, that stinks. How's your eye today?

Bryan, stay safe.

Going to do lots of yardwork now.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A new thread because WE ROCK!! Way to keep postin, Marchers! Thanks, Dee!

Dang early birds!

Ok, I think that benedryl put me to sleep, I didn't wake up till 11:00. It's still swollen, but not as bad. Wonder what that was??

I don't have higher hopes for the Lions today, unfortunately, but I'll wear my jersey and watch the game. Have a great day, my friends!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mornin and Happy Monday! Boy, it's windy here, I can only imagine how windy it is for bryan and frances. Give us an update, folks...thinkin about you.

Went to school with Ben this morning, it was his last day as Mystery Reporter for the school news, so I went and took video of it with my phone. I found out all of his news spots are on line! Yay! I'll check them out. I have therapy at noon, then I need to hit Costco for Halloween candy! I hope I don't eat too much of it, I've really had a sweet tooth lately. Hope you're all having a good day. Missing some of our folks today.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI MIRAGE!!!

I remembered that Bryan isn't usually online during the weekend. Hoping he's gotten to higher ground. The Jersey Shore is going to flood. Already happening and we haven't gotten the two high-high tides that are to come.

All's well here. I went out for my walk this morning. It was perfectly safe. Just breezy, not raining yet. Bumped into two utility guys here from Wisconsin! Thanked them for being here for us.

We are snug as bugs. Up on a ridge. Husband is on gutter and storm drain duty.

I'm concerned for NYC. If the subways, water, and electrical tunnels flood it will be a big mess.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hiya frances! Thanks for checking in! It looks UGLY on the news, holy cow. Glad you're up high. This thing is so big, we're feelin it here. Amazing. Stay tucked in! Hope you're a-ok, Bryan!!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyones doing ok and staying safe

D
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
orangutan

This Hurricane is all over the news here.Sure hope you all stay safe.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi! We're fine. No power, no cell service, no phones, but the house & yard came through it fine with only a few tree limbs in the yard.

We are spending the evening at our good friends, will go sleep home, then come back here tomorrow to work.

Our power won't likely be back for days, so I'm adjusting. MANY people are facing real tragedy, we're just inconvenienced.

Thinking of Bryan down the Shore, which got hammered. ********}}}}
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks for checking in Frances, so glad your o.k.
Prayers sent for Bryan.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're ok Frances - hope Bryan is too

D
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope our Aussies had a good Halloween! Ours looks cold and windy and possibly rainy, we'll see. Still seeing residual storm weather. The elementary school Halloween parade is this afternoon, I'm hoping the weather holds out and then for tonight, too. My oldest is Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer and my youngest is a hot dog. lol I have good picture ideas for tonight! I think Honest Abe is gonna get HUNGRY!

I'm doing better lately, btw. D and I are having some good talks and I think the healing process has started. His therapy is going well and he's really embracing the changes he needs to make and the changes WE need to make, to make this marriage more communicative and better. At least now I know I wasn't going crazy when I felt that loneliness. I thought maybe it was just me, but no, he had totally shut down from me. So yeah, we have a lot of hard work to do, but for now, I think it's worth putting the work in. There's a lot of good stuff here, but we screwed up. The kids deserve us giving it all we've got, too. So that's where we are.

Hang in there, frances!! Being without power stinks, pull out your inner camper! The fridge thing is probably the worst part. Hoping you can sort everything out w/out TOO much problem, and hoping they get the power up soon.

I heard that up to 10 million homes, from NYC in the east to Chicago in the west, are out of power, even a few hundred thousand in Canada. Just gives you an idea how big this thing was. 25% of cell towers in 10 states are down. Death toll at 50. Sorry, I'm like the news now. It's just crazy, tho.

Hope to hear from you soon, Bryan, we worry.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Posting from our friend's house, happy to be here!

Bryan, thinking of you. ********}}}}

The reach of the devastation is incredible.

Grateful for lots of things, most of all for the mental space to be taking inventory and taking care of myself, which lets me help others.

XOXO
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello from soggy & broken New Jersey. Made it through the storm and feel blessed as we were prepared for the worst. I live 7 miles from the Delaware Bay as the crow flies. We had loud & strong wind, lots of rain & some flooding. had some leaks & damage to the house, but not as bad as expected. My brother evacuated from Barnegate Light and he & his wife also have a place in NYC (on the 33rd floor)...they have 2 children and due to no power, went upstate NY to in-laws where it was safer. My folks may be without power for a week and I pray for them. We were very lucky I would say. I got power back the next day. Missed Monday & Tuesday at work...around here they banned driving for non-emergency vehicles on Monday & today they cancelled Halloween. I got to a meeting today as my home group meeting was cancelled Monday due to driving ban. I feel blessed to have made it through this stressful situation & of course remained sober.
Now it's back to reality & reality sucks to be honest with you as I got a lot on my plate right now with crazy crap at work, my son has a court date next week & he will lose his license for 2 years...and he is not prepared for it. Had a big fight with him Monday night as I walked in on him smoking pot in his room at my house. I let him know my boundaries for this type of behavior and he disrespected them. I don't want to ramble on here as I just have to stay strong and keep heading down the right path. Hope you all are well, thank you for thinking of me during Sandy!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
orangutan

Bryan so glad to hear from you and that you are safe, sorry about the damage to your house .New Jersey sure looks a mess on the TV. Sorry for the added stress of your son, stay strong.

Frances,glad your safe and with friends.

Mirage, we didn't see a single trick or treater but we don't celebrate halloween here and its only been in recent years its started to take off in Australia and more the larger cities and towns but it came up on TV last night and my husband and me had a good laugh about if any one came to our house trick or treating all we had were vegetable to give and we came up with the idea of toffee onions ( toffee apples we big when we were kids)
and were practicly rolling on the floor laughing .LOL sorry ,I guese you had to be there.

Have a good day all.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Toffee onions LOL

I'm glad everyone is safe and more or less in one piece..Thinking of all you guys and your various challenges this week

D
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

YAY BRYAN IS SAFE AND SOBER!

Prayers for your son, so sorry he's going through all this.

Will be heading back to my cold dark house to sleep tonight. Lots of covers on the bed, but I get to sleep in my own bed. I'm going running in the morning and then we'll come back here to spend the day.

TOFFEE ONIONS. Ewwwwwww.

No Halloween here in NJ until Mon. Nov. 5, by decree of the governor. It's just too dangerous still with MANY downed trees and wires.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Mmmmm!! Pass the toffee onions! They have that certain crunch I love!! Sometimes they make me cry, tho.

Oh wow, frances, I hope your house isn't too cold!! You're brave.

Hey Bryan! I'm glad you made it safe and sound with little damage. Great news. I don't know why, but I picture you like living right on a bluff overlooking the water, out in the boonies. The good news is, in my mind, you're up high. haha. Anyway, sorry about your boy's deal. I hope he can see that a sober life is the best life, soon. I can understand why you get upset, it must be hard. I freak just thinking about my kids trying drugs, they're so scary. Yes, even pot. I just don't like the idea.

My halloween was kinda 'meh'. My heart just isn't into much these days. I didn't even carve pumpkins this year, just had D do em. He handed out the candy, too. The holidays are going to be a bit rough this year for me. My happiness level just isn't what it used to be, bit of a dark cloud over my head following me. Oh, I'll FIND an emoticon for that....

I knew there was one.

Have a great day everyone! Happy November 1st! Thanks for being here, everyone. I still appreciate you all very much. MUAH!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Mirage! Your sunshine will find you through the clouds. It's understandable and expected and normal that you aren't your perky self, considering everything. Was heartened to hear that you & D are working on your relationship.

But that said, make sure to check in with your doctor if you don't feel happy once in a while, regularly, soon. I don't know much about short-term depression, but it's a medical condition and there's no reason to suffer if you are medically compromised. One thing I know, you can't just turn on the happy juice if your batteries are depleted.

GUESS WHAT? We came home to a powered house! We slept warm and happy last night. WOOT for power & heat. Yay.

Bryan, thinking of you today.

I'm taking it EASY this morning. Took a long hot bath and got warm to my bones. While I've had it ridiculously easy compared to many, I do recognize that the storm depleted my physical, mental, and emotional batteries. So I'm recharging with rest, exercise, good food, lots of water. While these things might second-nature to non-Alkies/non-ACOAs, I have to consciously think about and then do these things.

Dee, thanks for watching over us. Hope you are well.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hooray for power!! Glad you are slowly getting things back to normal! Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. It doesn't feel like depression right now, not that I know what that feels like exactly, I guess. But yes, I will be cognizant of it, it's important.

Thanksgiving is gonna be jacked for us cuz we usually go to my parents' house for dinner. I don't think they're ready to break bread with D, and my brother wisely decided to go to his in-laws for dinner. Lol..way to escape the potential drama! So anyway, my kids will think it's really weird if we just have dinner here, the 4 of us, so I'm actually considering going somewhere. We do have 4 days, we could go somewhere for the holiday weekend. I was even considering Plymouth, Mass, even tho it's a bit far. Thought it might be cool at Thanksgiving. Also thought of Toronto, CA or Niagra Falls, Nashville, TN, Boston. Any thoughts? I take any and all suggestions. It's a little tougher cuz it'll be cold.

A few things on the 'to do' list today, should be a good day. Just have to keep mind off the ugly stuff, that's the key. Once I go there, it's hard to salvage the day. OH and I'm gonna try not to have any chocolate all day. Maybe some tonight for desert. I can't gain that weight back! (mmmm...chocolate)

Have a great Friday/Sat all!!