Just checking in to say good morning!
Day 5, it's been hard.
I keep getting really bad day and sweats. Actually started
when I was drinking.
Anyone else have this?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sophiedog View Post
Welcome back Lilac. Very glad you are here. I too have gone back to AA this week. It is not for everyone and it is hard to raise your hand and say you are starting over. I have never been frowned upon in those rooms despite the 'in and out'. Its the picking yourself up and going forward that matters.
No kidding. I am already feeling fears about going back to that particular group because they make you announce yourself if you're in your first 30 days. And seriously, it's a tiny town and a group of 8-9 people. I was also chided by a couple of the people who said "oh, is this your annual visit?" which made me really uncomfortable.

I think I shall start exercising first thing in the morning again. It starts me off in a good mood. I can always take an extra walk or do some yoga in the late afternoons/evenings if I'm feeling urges to drink. I just tend to let it slide if I don't work out first thing.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good morning, Mtbakerboarder.

I used to have sweats during a day if I had consumed too much alcohol the day before. But, I think if you are still having it on Day 5 the best thing for you is to see a doctor. It puts a lot of pressure on your heart and body overall.

Take care.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats mtbaker.
I had a couple of bouts of sweats but they have gone away. Seemed like mostly the first few days and when I got anxious. Case of nerves I suppose? I imagine it will get better as the days pass. Keep asking. Surely someone else has had or has the exact symptoms.
Lilac I have been in large and small meetings and raised my hand. I found it uncomfortable in both situations. For me though, I had to just do it. It is about my life. That is a drag that someone commented about your coming back. hopefully they will someday see that it was not really a good thing to say.
I like to walk my dog in the early mornings. That helps me too. Have missed the last 2 days due to a bad cold and I can feel it. I look forward to feeling better and getting back to it.
Deep breathes. We can do this. I am so glad for this group.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 7 here and feeling pretty good. Went ta a meeting this am and got a sponsor! Little bit nervous about that but am determined to do something different this time. I'm gonna keep on doing this til I get it right!
And I've had sweats during and after quitting alcohol..

Congratulations to everyone on your sober time and to those that drank...H
All we can do is keep on keepin on
Pooky
Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Smile Day 10

Just finished a 50 minute run/walk in the rain. Yes, that may sound crazy but we get so little rain on San Diego I appreciate the change in weather! Getting ready to pick up the kids from CCD. My oldest hurt herself playing soccer yesterday, so she is on crutches, doctor wants to wait until tomorrow to see if she needs a cast.

Love that I can get up and function without that foggy feeling. Happy Sunday!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Delilah, I totally understand your love of running/walking in the rain because it's a nice change of pace! I live in SW CO, where it rarely rains or snows. Sometimes love a run on a gray wet day!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mtbakerboarder, well done day 5. Keep pushing through.

pooky, awesome job, that's one whole week . It's a great idea to try new things to keep you sober. I hope the sponsor works out

Congrats on day ten Delilah
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hi everyone. So many posts going on; it's really good to read you all.
I'm not so great, but not quite despondent neither, so there is hope.

jhe, I am determined to stay in this class and I rely on you sticking with me.
I have stopped and started more times than I can count, but I'm not going to give up giving it up. I understand you being frustrated, but I hope you are well past shame because that is a singularily useless emotion. I'm convinced it's one of my addiction's very favorites, actually.

I only have one kid this weekend. It's amazing how tranquil things are in the house. This is a good break for all of us after the high emotions late last week.

My SO and I shopped for household items this morning and when the total came to over $300, I had my usual reaction. Whenever I have to spend more than $100 and I haven't mentally prepared, I noticeably tense up. SO has known me long enough to say, "Is this the usual uncomfortable or is it something new?" Nice that he can recognize and accept this response and nice that he asked, too.

Lilac, you are very brave and committed to go to that meeting. I also hope that the woman who was snarky with you thinks back on how unhelpful her comment was.

Black, Viper, JimJim - thanks for telling about the hard stuff. I probably ought to do the same. I tend to censor myself or downlplay the things that really eat me up - that's probably not so helpful to me. Reading your stuff IS helpful to me, though.

Sorry I'm a bit scattered, but did want to put my head in and give you all a wave. Will likely be back later, hopefully with more organized thoughts.

Last edited by Obladi; 10-21-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: picky
Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Evening guys! Day 2 done (again!) and it's been a pretty damn good day. Still shaky and sweating (and jumping at loud noises!) but asides from that feel ok. Weather's lovely and got asked to walk the neighbour's dog so went for a good long stomp about in my wellies :-)

Am still getting caught up with everyone in the October group but I hope you've all had a good weekend!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

There no doubt the forst 30 days are the hardest - but it can and does get easier...stay with it guys!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey guys I am still here, got super busy. I have a lot of reading to catch on.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Germanos

D
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Yay, Germanos!
Glad to see you.
Whassup?

Kam, glad to make your acquaintance and good on you for making it through Day 2. It's a rough one, I know.

Don't worry (much) about catching up, guys.
Just dive in and go with where you are. It will all sort out with time...
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Working hard on day 12!! That evil inner voice says blah blah blah...I tell him to shut up...this is my world now...yay me....
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Finishing up day 14. Had a great weekend with my family. They were really understanding of my no drink/no smoke stuff. I went horseback riding and fishing with my uncle. The only sad part was when we were thinking about going on the boat my Uncle said 'what's the use - we can't go out and drink beer'. I know he didn't mean it like that but it still hurt and I would have given up sobriety right then and there to make him happy.

Anyhoo, I drank a beer in my dream last night and I was freaking out how I had to start day 1 again and then realized it was a dream and I was still sober. : )

This is the longest I have been without smoking or drinking.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Another weekend of sober gigs...
If I make it to Thursday it will be 4 weeks... never planned it this way, but here I am...
Dee, if what you say about the first 30 being the hardest is true, then I should be sailing clear very soon.
I was reading a bit on AVRT today and I am sure that saying I will not drink now is much easier to grasp than saying I am never going to drink again.
The latter is simply too broad and intimidating.
I hope everyone had a good weekend.

D.D.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hi everyone. So many posts going on; it's really good to read you all.
I'm not so great, but not quite despondent neither, so there is hope.

jhe, I am determined to stay in this class and I rely on you sticking with me.
I have stopped and started more times than I can count, but I'm not going to give up giving it up. I understand you being frustrated, but I hope you are well past shame because that is a singularily useless emotion. I'm convinced it's one of my addiction's very favorites, actually.

I only have one kid this weekend. It's amazing how tranquil things are in the house. This is a good break for all of us after the high emotions late last week.

My SO and I shopped for household items this morning and when the total came to over $300, I had my usual reaction. Whenever I have to spend more than $100 and I haven't mentally prepared, I noticeably tense up. SO has known me long enough to say, "Is this the usual uncomfortable or is it something new?" Nice that he can recognize and accept this response and nice that he asked, too.

Lilac, you are very brave and committed to go to that meeting. I also hope that the woman who was snarky with you thinks back on how unhelpful her comment was.

Black, Viper, JimJim - thanks for telling about the hard stuff. I probably ought to do the same. I tend to censor myself or downlplay the things that really eat me up - that's probably not so helpful to me. Reading your stuff IS helpful to me, though.

Sorry I'm a bit scattered, but did want to put my head in and give you all a wave. Will likely be back later, hopefully with more organized thoughts.
Thanks Ob, it was so positive and uplifting to get up this morning and read your lovely comment,thank you.

we will stop for good this month.I am NOT going into another class. Day 2 now but you know,they pass quickly,i'll be back at 22 days in 21 days!!

your SO sounds like a good man and supportive. how are things with you? good onyou for not picking up this weekend
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning-day 2

Feel thousand times better than yesterday.I'm hoping that as I only drank for 4 hours on Sat,I won't experience withdrawals/the horrendous early days of getting sober. The last 2 times I've relapsed I've drunk for weeks before quitting again. I don't know the answer,just living in hope. Slept well last night

It sounds obvious but I just can't have my drink of choice in the house or near me.All 3 times I've failed were when I did. Mr JHE drinks red wine,at home and it really doesn't bother me,never has. I must have not realized what a powerful trigger having my doc at home actually is I won't make the same mistake again.

Hope those of us who drank on Fri/Sat were ok yesterday. Congrats on all those getting up to decent milestones (I'moff to weep that I'm not with you)