Notices

Class Of October 2012 Part 3

Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Class of October! The day I saved my life: 10/28/12!

4 days clean from opiates and have never felt better. I feel like most of my WD symptoms are almost gone and I'm ready to begin living 1 day at a time!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Still working on this recovery thing....hard work I tell ya!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hey Germanos, Still here, still sober. Hope you can get the laptop fixed soon to keep us updated.

Breaking through the thirty day barrier Neverthought. It's been a slow month for me too. I think it must be because I have spent most of it conscious.

Great idea about starting the count again RV. I'm going to need something more now I think, I'll figure it out. The last few days have been pretty tough for me too, completely understand about the new urges. Stay with it.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I went and bought a new 1 TB main hard drive for my desktop, fixed the dvd drive. I am just installing drivers and updates now. It is like a new computer. Not too worried about laptop now.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good evening, Octsober mates!

After more re-dos than I can count, it is now day 5 of being not only totally sober, but also the first time I have felt this strong. This evening was the first time I had any craving after a friend came over for awhile. I always feel some stress around people so when she left it was luckily already almost 10 pm and I didn't run out to buy some wine as I have in the past. I just spent some time decompressing and then the craving disappeared. So that will be my biggest challenge. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've been working out at the gym with a trainer and tomorrow is my yoga day. These things all seem to help with my anxieties and thus cravings.

Have a good night, all!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a reminder - if you guys want even more support there's also an under 30 days thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ge-them-4.html

D
Old 11-02-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Looks like our numbers are shrinking :/

How is everyone doing today?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

was thinking the same thing. everyone must be in the november thread now.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
was thinking the same thing. everyone must be in the november thread now.
Might be but these things seem to go in waves. It seems like once people get to a certain point in their sobriety, they feel ready to try their wings and are not as interested in posting all the time. Some percentage will make it long term and others will slip and come back. It's good to have folks here to welcome them back and reassure them that they aren't bad people and just pick up and keep at it. Then there are some of us, like me, who seem to be slow learners and are here for a long time. That's ok, too. We all follow different paths to the same goal. I started on the May thread and still post there. We went through some very sparse posting days but then it became more active again.

If it doesn't pick up here in a few weeks, the November or December threads could be a good place to go.

Have a great day!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good morning/evening, Octsober mates.

So, time runs fast, and it's my Day 19 and third Friday with SR.

I couldn't fall asleep till 3 a.m. tonight (nothing to do with sobriety. Maybe just caught insomnia virus from Coolfitz)). And I had to get up at 5.30, so felt not great all day long.

For a change I hit an aqua fitness class. It turned out to be such a fun. Since it was my firts experience of the kind, during all class I flounced and struggled to regain balance. And laughed. It was so childish, just the thing I needed.

No cravings, but appetite for life seems to be awakening.

Germanos, Black, Saskia,and other mates, glad to see you here. Being with SR almost three weeks, I feel like I have my friends here, and it is not all about support, but also to check how everyone is doing.

Have a great sober Friday!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Back again after a couple weeks of hellish drinking... I'm DONE... I just can't do it any more...

Today is day 3 so I made the October club on the last day of the month...

It's been a very stressful day and I have the weekend ahead of me, however I will remain strong so I can get up on the podium on Monday and say I am still sober...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that are still struggling and congratulations to those that are doing the deal...

I'll check in again soon... I hope to get back to a couple of what used to be my regular meetings this weekend...

Wifi - d3
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back wifi

This thread still seems pretty healthy to me guys?

D
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
Hey Germanos, Still here, still sober. Hope you can get the laptop fixed soon to keep us updated.

Breaking through the thirty day barrier Neverthought. It's been a slow month for me too. I think it must be because I have spent most of it conscious.

Great idea about starting the count again RV. I'm going to need something more now I think, I'll figure it out. The last few days have been pretty tough for me too, completely understand about the new urges. Stay with it.
Thanks Jimjim! I appreciate the recognition and support.

It's been a very long week.

1. Mom and her husband came over on Saturday for my sons b-day
2. Dad and his wife came over on Sunday.
3. Hurricand Sandy on Monday.
4. Work closed on Tuesday
5. Sons actual B-day with no power on Tuesday.
6. No power Tuesday and Wednesday
7. Major catch up at work on Thursday
8. Work and Pre-Kindergarden Halloween parade today for my boy.

Day 32..whew!

I have some advice coming on the next post based on some posts that I read(as soon as I send this one) that I hope will be received as a deterrant.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on getting through that week neverthought - and on day 32

D
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

From my experience, I encourage everyone to stay strong and to not have a mindset such as "it's only a matter of time" or I achieved my goal and I deserve this or that.

The reason I say this is because I had the mindset last year. And I fell for it and wasted a lot of time (work), money and my health. I was unable to recover until October 2nd. 15 months up and down along with depession driven by disappointment. Something helped me though!

I kept a picture from a trip to the Baltimore aquarium with my wife and son during my sober period (62 days). I looked fit, healthier and had an obvious happy glow. I kept that on my desk at work. Every time I looked at it I thought, "what the hell did you do" and "for what". Also, for what it is worth, I didn't even enjoy that pint on my 63rd day of soberness. And that certainly made matters worse for me.

It was tough looking at that pic and wondering why I chose to drink on the 63rd day. Afterwards, I really felt like I didn't even have it in me to try and to do that all over again and all the hard work I put forth.

I'm very lucky for whatever reason that I reached out SR (Oct. 2nd) after forcing myself to read an article and looking at pics of a liver that was doomed by alchohol and diseased by cirrhosis. It scared the lights of me (again)!

So, if it doesn't seem right (it must not be or we would be here) it isn't right. If we weren't scared or majorly concerned we wouldn't be pouring out our souls here. Don't take that chance because it can become an even larger hurdle "like it did for me".

Don't give those milestones back that made us all so proud. Trust me it is NOT worth it.

Have a great weekend and stay strong and positive. We can do this!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a great point to end this part of the tread on - thanks neverthought

join us here where we continue
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D