Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 2"... Come & encourage them!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey I am in the October group. Tomorrow will be day 13 for me. I just wanted to post really quick and introduce myself. I'll talk some more later, I have to go now. Night
Old 11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, I'm in the October group too. Doday is my Day 19 and I am gradually fighting my normal life back.

The major challenge for me is to develop inner strenght to cope with thoughts that tear me apart without "wine anesthesia".

My best wishes to all.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

MB I found the more things I faced the more capable I felt - we don't need no stinkin' anaesthesia

D
Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Midnight: Nice to meet you. Be kind to yourself. The first 30 days are the hardest. But you won't realize this if you don't get through them to the other side. Tell yourself you are going ro get there and find out what it is everyone is talkin about. I found that to my great surprise, it wAs alcohol that was tearing me apart more than the reality i had to facE. Now I would NEVER have believed this to be true. But it is. Alcohol teaches us we can't cope with "reality" but that is all lies!! We actually cope better. With alcohol we stop all personal growth. But with sobriety our personal growth starts humming again. You're just gonna have to trust us on this one. Borrow our hope till you can turn to your own.

Germosen: I am from the Feb 2012 class, and I recall you from there. You were always brimming with enthusiasm and were so well liked. I hope those great traits are working in your favor. How have you been? So glad you posted!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Sober since October

EternalQ, thank you for your nice and encouraging post!

You are so right about that "Alcohol teaches us we can't cope with "reality". And I am going to make it through 30 days and after whatever it takes, because it is the only way to my truly self. I will gladly borrow your hope, I really need it

P.S. I wanted to take a picture of sunrise today but missed it because was so preoccupied with work). I'll try to take one tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Midnight: My hope, is yours.
I would love to see you on the sunrise thread!! Please do!!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

09.05 Fri

Good morning all. It is so good to see you here.

You're all doing really well. The week end is fast approaching and I know it can be a testing few days. Keep strong, keep focused and keep sober. There really is a better life out there and it really is all the better for being sober. Read and post as much as you can, you support us and we support you. The more support the better.

Hi Germanos, good to see you here, your very nearly a whole fortnight now, good stuff. You keep on going, you can do this.

Hi Midnight, good to see you too. You are stronger than you think, just stay focused one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be, just baby steps for now. Wine was my poison and poison it is, we're well rid of it.

Good morning/good night E.Q and Dee

My hope is your hope! Your hope is my hope!

Just for today I will say a sincere thank you if I receive a compliment and not joke it away
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey Eternal, well I came close to hitting rock bottom. I manned up and sought out help from my family. I am taking a break from school to focus 100% on recovery. I feel much better this time around because I know if I screw up I might not get another chance.

Hi Grace, thanks for your support
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 5! Feeling amazing!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, all.

It's Friday. And I found that 'Friday without booze= Great Friday". So many things to enjoy, so many opportunities to embrace.

Grace, thank you a lot for you words of encouragement. I tend too worry to much about the future and I am learning to focus on one day and enjoy the present. And I like your idea to say a sincere thank you for a compliment. I always joke it away as well).

Germanos, PhilsFan, congrats on your milestones. I think in recovery every day is a milestone.

Have a great Friday!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

19.35 Fri

Hi again to you all.

Germanos, Philsfan & Midnight

You're all doing well, keep on doing what you're doing.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi I'm finishing up day 3, part of the October group... The weekend is upon us and this will be my first in a while...

Hope everyone is doing well, just wanted to introduce myself...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Wifi!! Well done so far. Keep doing the next right thing, and don't drink. And post like crazy all weekend if you need the support. You can do this!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Midnight: I find I am endlessly surprised how amazing the little things are in life, every single day. I never want to dull myself to this beauty. When I want to dull painful feelings with alcohol, I remind myself that I would lose all the beauty too along with it. No way. We have been given this chance. We must take it. Everyday.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Philsfan: I live in Delaware and am a huge Phils fan too. (I mean huge.) I remember thinking how will i go to a game without predrinking, game drinking, and postdrinking??! Well I went to games all summer without alcohol, and I never want to dull my experience of baseball again. I love that game. Alcohol does not make it, or anything, so far, better!!

I always think it will, till I try the next new thing without alcohol. Then I'm like, wow! This is so much better, sober. The hard times I am more alert for, and the good times I now remember. Stay with it, and stay with us!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Germanous, I am proud of you and hope you are proud of yourself. It takes a strong man to own up to the truth, and to do whatever it takes to live it. You are stronger by the day!!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

2:22 AM
Hi All,
I hope the freshly sober are using sobriety as another reason to feel GREAT about yourselves!!
You are AMAZING and that is the truth!! That, is OUR truth.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

16.35 Sat

Good afternoon to you all

I hope you are all having a good and sober Saturday. Stay focused and keep posting.

Wifi, good to see you here, get this weekend over with and you'll be very very close to hitting your first week. Keep doing what your doing, you're doing it well.
Just for today I will do each task to the best of my ability
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, all. My Saturday which is Day 20 is almost over.

It's been not easy, since I experienced some cravings. But I won (huge thanks to SR for support!). So, another point to my score and another brick to foundation of my inner streingth.

My best wished to all. Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Beautifully said, Midnight. We are building our foundations. Foundations for our Cathedrals.