Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 2"... Come & encourage them!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Day 17 today! Have a great day everybody.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning 30s!

Congrats to all who are HERE today.

Has Dee told you all about "Playing the tape all the way to the end?" For me, I would think about one drink led to many led to HANGOVER and remorse the next morning.

I needed a lot of sleep in my early days (lol still do) so my "trick" was getting to bed sober, which guaranteed me a sober start!

Have a GREAT day 30s!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi! I guess I am a 30 day and under-er. I found this forum last week. I am afraid to count my days but here goes:

Wednesday - no booze
Thursday - no booze
Friday - Booze
Saturday - no booze
Sunday - no booze
Monday - no booze
Tuesday - so far at 7 in the morning no booze
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, checking in on my Day 24.
I had a crap Monday and was really down in the dumps about life in general(well my life in general) and really was ready to just say screw this what's the point of being sober anyway?
But...I didn't drink, just dealt with feeling crappy and went to bed early.

I feel much better today. I guess I'll just chalk that up to one of those days and just keep moving forward.

I so appreciate all the people who have posted on this thread in the last day or so who have months and years of sobriety. Thank you all so much. You have no idea what it meant for me to open this thread this morning after feeling like I did yesterday and read all those posts. It was exactly what I needed to see.

waving to everyone else--
Stevie--glad to see you bud, glad you're here
Germanos-congrats on 30 days!
Grace-thanks again for your awesome inspiring posts

everyone else--lets keep going!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

oh--Junebug: welcome and stick with us, you can do this, too.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all, Day 7 here for me. A solid week.

I haven't wanted to get out of bed the past couple days which isn't normal for me. I'm usually a morning person that hops out of bed and is ready for anything. Hopefully breakfast will help.

Made the decision not to go to my family's Thanksgiving dinner. I have a lot going on in my life that I really am not up for discussing and I don't think I'm in a good place to be in that type of atmosphere.

Hope everyone's day is great
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 21

newby1961 - your post was very good for me. I googled PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms) and I ended up at addictionsandrecovery.org It it explained a lot of things that I'm going through. It has to be one of the best sites I have been to that explains recovery and what I can expect the next two years in an easy to understand way and how to keep on track.

So thank you for that.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good morning/evening to all.

Day 37. AV is hiding somewhere. I am training my troops to meet its attack if needed.

Itchy, Newby - a thousand thanks to you for your great posts!

Eternal -I haven't heard from you today. Hope you are Ok)

Samwitch - nothing beats all this "I feel crappy" like good sleep. It's kind of short vacation for your body when it recovers and "recharges" itself. AV is afraid of sound sleep like vampires of garlic) Keep it that way.

JJay - Apparently, I caught an "I missed a day in the gym" virus from you))) Today is my day off from workouts, and after having a couple of extra cookies I'm worrying that I gained two extra kilos just today It's probably Gym-addictive voice)

Forme - congrats on Day 17!

Junebug - welcome to our sober band)

And my very best wishes to all undies!

Have a great day.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post

JJay - Apparently, I caught an "I missed a day in the gym" virus from you))) Today is my day off from workouts, and after having a couple of extra cookies I'm worrying that I gained two extra kilos just today It's probably Gym-addictive voice)
I'm just about to go! I'm excited. After a day off I'm hoping I have an increase in weight or reps or both. And yes, I have that voice in my head too. It seems like a sickness. I've even locked at the calorie content of cough drops. That's not normal.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks for the big welcome, everyone! You all are so brave and wise to be getting the booze demon out of your system.

I am pretty unsure of myself at this point, and just taking it one day at a time. I had no idea I was this addicted to wine.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Just back from my workout. KICKED SERIOUS... BUTT (I don't know the language rules around here). Taking a rest day yesterday really paid off.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I feel so unsure of myself. I kind of feel like I don't quite qualify for this thread yet. i am teetering, and all I can think about is that I want a drink. I have not been to an AA meeting yet. There is one nearby in an hour. It is Big Book Study, so I am thinking it may not be right for me because I don't know much about the Big Book yet. maybe I should just go.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Junebugapril View Post
I feel so unsure of myself. I kind of feel like I don't quite qualify for this thread yet. i am teetering, and all I can think about is that I want a drink. I have not been to an AA meeting yet. There is one nearby in an hour. It is Big Book Study, so I am thinking it may not be right for me because I don't know much about the Big Book yet. maybe I should just go.
People have always told me when you feel like that you should go to any meeting no matter what. Just say that you're "here to listen" when you introduce yourself.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by Junebugapril View Post
I feel so unsure of myself. I kind of feel like I don't quite qualify for this thread yet.
Junebug, give me a break))))) You don't need to qualify for this thread. You are under 30-days, right? So, you are just perfectly qualified. I remember, on my day 20 or something I felt absolutely down and some cravings started. So I wrote here or, maybe, on another thread "Shoot me out of misery".

This place is great, because you can share your feelings, be honest, and put this burden off your soul and shoulders. And whatever you say, you'll find support and understanding.

So, relax))

Good morning to you guys, high time for me to go get some sleep.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Another day nearly done...Just chomping down on some ice cream for extra calories before I hit the sack....Gym day for me tomorrow as well...Back and Biceps day...Gonna go smash some weights.....
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think SR is especially for those 'teetering' June.
It's exactly why we have this amazing support network.

I teetered for a 30 days or more - SR really saved my bacon then...and a few times since.

You're definitely in the right place....and I hope you do go to that meeting..why not give it a go?

D
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

JuneBug-all the more reason to be on the thread. They've helped me when I've felt like I was teetering and unsure of myself. That's the best part, you can be honest and open and people understand. Stick around, you'll be glad you did. I hope you go to the meeting and check in here later
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

23.30 bedtime

Hi Under 30's I'm back checking in before bed. O.M.G where have all these posts come from? Brilliant!

Frances, thank you so much for posting, so kind and it means a lot!

Hi Forme, 17 days is good, virtually two and a half weeks, wow, keep going.

June, Hi and welcome, you joined a great bunch of people here and you are doing really well. Don't be scared of anything, you're not on your own here, you have us.

Samwich 3 and a half weeks, woo hoo, carry on kicking ass!

Jjay, 7 days is good, really good, well done. I wouldn't worry about not going to the Thanksgiving dinner if you're not ready for it, just go alone with what's right for you at the moment.

Harley, I must read that PAWS again, I did read it quite a while ago so I could do with a refresher. You're doing really well, how's the old knees?

Midnight I like the idea of training the troops, Lol. I have a mental image! You and Jjay should get together with Steve re the gym, bet you can't beat him at eating though!

June, of course your qualified for this thread, Look at me, I'm past it and I'm still hanging in here. Anyway, you're doing well so stay focused. One day at a time, one hour at a time if need be! You can do it and it will be sooo worth it.

Hi Steve,you're an ice-cream monster.

Right, my nice warm comfy bed is calling so night, night and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Sleep well.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi Gang! I went to my first meeting, and someone there bought me a Big Book. I felt kind of funny taking it, but he really wanted to do it.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi all, Sorry i.am.absent. It is a super busy time at work. I also witnessed a crime.and have had to deal.wifh that. Also Thanksgiving tasks. And a flat tire. Lol so i.may be thin here this week. Keep up the good work! Doesnt it feel good to.be proud of yourself? : )
xxoo