Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 7

Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hi Matt,

I just fessed up on the July thread I originally joined so now it's time to do it here. After 45 days I had some wine on Tuesday night. Don't really know why but I did. So back to Day 1 too, my friend. Let's focus on podium Monday - I'll meet you there.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Hi Matt,

I just fessed up on the July thread I originally joined so now it's time to do it here. After 45 days I had some wine on Tuesday night. Don't really know why but I did. So back to Day 1 too, my friend. Let's focus on podium Monday - I'll meet you there.
I will see you there on Monday. I guess that I need to make a plan every day for what I will do during my normal drinking time. Today, I will walk the dog in the woods and make Spaghetti and meatballs. I also have a lot of yard work to do, so that will take up some time. This is not easy, but better than drinking.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

That sounds like a great plan! I think that's where I faltered. My normal drinking time was b/w 4 and 7 pm. I kept busy almost every night for those 45 sober days but this week I've been lazy. It was just sitting around that must have got me thinking about the 'old' days. But I have to admit, I executed the plan. We had no alcohol in the house until Monday night (hubby got himself a small bottle of gin which is not my first choice of beverage so I wasn't tempted). I sent him out to get me some wine Tuesday night - so it wasn't something that just happened on it's own. God bless my hubby. He asked me four times if I was sure I wanted him to go out for wine. It was all my decision so I can't put the blame elsewhere. Let's focus on Monday and be strong together!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hey Matt,Jim and Life without, I will be checking in here on Monday and I want to see the three of you on that podium. No excuses right!!
Just for today I will be grateful for who I have in my life, not what I have
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
That sounds like a great plan! I think that's where I faltered. My normal drinking time was b/w 4 and 7 pm. I kept busy almost every night for those 45 sober days but this week I've been lazy. It was just sitting around that must have got me thinking about the 'old' days. But I have to admit, I executed the plan. We had no alcohol in the house until Monday night (hubby got himself a small bottle of gin which is not my first choice of beverage so I wasn't tempted). I sent him out to get me some wine Tuesday night - so it wasn't something that just happened on it's own. God bless my hubby. He asked me four times if I was sure I wanted him to go out for wine. It was all my decision so I can't put the blame elsewhere. Let's focus on Monday and be strong together!
4-7 is my danger zone. I guess keeping busy will be the best remedy to stop the routine.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Jim!! I didn't acknowledge your posts! I'm sorry to hear you're back at Day 1 too. I guess all we can do is pick ourselves up and continue on. It didn't really hit me yesterday but I'm sitting here now thinking "Why did this happen?" I can't make hide nor hair of it but it's frustrating nonetheless. I'm trying to learn to let go of things as I've spent my entire life analyzing the life out of situations so I guess I have to learn to let this one go and work harder on it not happening again.

I truly believe WE CAN do this!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hey Matt,Jim and Life without, I will be checking in here on Monday and I want to see the three of you on that podium. No excuses right!!
Just for today I will be grateful for who I have in my life, not what I have
I will be there.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

WWG, LWOB, Jim count me in on trying to make it to the podium on Monday. I'm only on day 7. We can do it
Old 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Podium Monday - you guys better be on that podium! x
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hope, congrats on Day 7! A milestone! Yes we'll make it to the podium.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread - we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D