Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 7

Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Happy Birthday, Sobersunshine and Drybuss!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow what are the odds of us 3 having bdays all in a row like benice said lol
Happy bday drybuss. I know what you mean about looking sick in the past and recalling every event being a drunken one. I was talking to my wife yesterday and it seemed like every story from my past that we brought up, just crazy stuff we did together, I had been drunk.
Anyway enjoy your day my friend! What do you have planned?
I think I'm getting a cold. Early bday present from the twins. :-/
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lefthook,
Not much planned for today mabey out for dinner. Going to my folks house friday to celebrate a bit.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello...been away from sr for awhile..unfortunately day 1. Catching up on some posts. lots of activity on the forum.

Got to keep myself positive...

Sobersunshine and Drybuss...Happy belated...Sunshine...you are doing great.

Jim
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Soberjim!! Today is an excellent day for day one! So glad you are still on this journey with us...

I hope we can help you keep it positive!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey SoberJim, good to see you.
Sorry about Day 1, but glad you decided to have it!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy bday drybuss!

Soberjim, sorry about day one, but glad you are back.

Checking in quickly from school, I need to finish reading for class, but I always feel better after I've at least posted quickly on sr for the day. It's accountability, but more importantly a reminder that there are others going through the same things I am and I'm grateful for that. Since for the most part no one in my life has any idea whatsoever that I'm even an alcoholic, much less in recovery, it's a relief to come on here even when I'm doing well and be in this environment.

See you guys again later
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Happy B-day Drybuss!!

Jim: glad ur back. We've all done the Day 1s many times. You obviously want to stop - your time will come. Everything happens in it's own time.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Happy Birthdays to guys. What a way to memorialize your new lives.

I'm guessing LH is the youngest....man o man I wish I was as wise as you are 30!
My wife would be a lot happier. I wouldn't look 5 years or so older than my 11 month younger brother, I would probably have had a better career, most certainly more savings. Dude, don't be me. . :-)
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Parkec100: don't be so hard on yourself. You're here and that's all that matters. We're all going through a life-changing process and things can only get better with the choice we've made to stop drinking.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well friends...I'm finally home and I can officially say I DID IT!!!!!! What a long, strange trip its been!

I'm so grateful for this experience and I'm so proud. It was a struggle but I fought hard and with every ounce of my being. I know I must continue this resolve but it is much easier for me when I'm not on the road...so perhaps not as much resolve necessary on a daily basis but I am relieved to know that it is there 1000% when I need it most.

I enjoyed this trip so much and I cannot believe I am able to post to you all with a success story. When I left my house on Saturday morning I really didn't know how it was going to turn out. So many, many crazy insane triggers to face...but I did it.

And for that I am grateful to each of you for cheering me on and celebrating all of my little accomplishments along the way. It REALLY helped. So thank you for being there, and I hope to be of service to each of you when you need it.

Time to go and pet my beautiful baby doggies and bask in my gratitude for this gift.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wow mega posts and birthdays!

Belated Happy Birthday/Happy Birthday .

Welcome to everyone coming back and taking another shot at sobriety and congrats to everyone who has kept things going. Never easy keeping things going right or coming back.

Day 36 today and the last few days have been mixed but generally good. Trying to get stuff done I have put off or been sidelined due to meetings and step work etc. For now , ensuring I do whatever it takes each day to keep sober is always job 1. No doubt King Alcohol never takes a day or minute off but I have not really had any desire or cravings this week at all. There again I have slipped or relapsed from out of the blue before...why , who knows...the insanity. The insanity would start before I picked up so a daily regime helps not let things get going I guess.

It does feel good to wake up and feel relatively good physically. Sleep is still not what I call great but over time its slowly improving. I sure remember the looney tunes of 4 days with no sleep , ughh , that's almost enough to stop me in my tracks ....

So keep moving along and just keep trying to do the next right thing. Some issues around the past with guilt , anger , resentment , fear and the like come and go and I note them down in my journal as part of the step 4 work ahead. I still remain in a long exercise my sponsor has me doing on step 1. He is a firm believer if there is any remaining doubts on this and some inkling I will be come a social or "normal" drinker again , that has to be addressed. Err with the evidence stacked so high , I must have been totally nuts to think otherwise but that's the insanity. At least now I have a place and a HP to help sort the mess out. That has helped me feel oddly calm which has not been a normal state for me for years. It takes getting used to.

Have my favourite meeting of the week tonight and look forward to that

Hope every one has a good 24.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi all of you - my eyes will not stop watering - I think I'm gaining my energy back - but honestly my emotions are boiling up inside! I don't think I was crying in bed last night? Who knows now? I certainly don't!

Happy Birthday to all those September abstainers who had a Birthday yesterday or today - I'm not good with transatlantic time differences? I can't name names yet - but I will do one day!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy birthday guys 7 Have a great day!

Off to sleep now, catch you all tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanx for the b-day wishes! Time to put kiddos' to bed. See ya later!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi again all. Heading to bed momentarily.

My husband was just remarking in the car on the way home from dinner what a lovely month (+) it's been since I quit drinking. He also told me that he plans to take some time off from drinking too, starting now and continuing for at least the next 2-3 weeks, which will be nice for me. He's no alcoholic, but seeing him drink is difficult for me now, so it will be nice not to have to negotiate that issue.

I'm looking forward to some sober sleep for another night tonight. Goodnight all!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Drybuss! still catching up on posts, going to get some sleep welcome back jim!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey guys day 22 ending over here for me. The wife and kids went back to her moms for the week so I'm alone again. Making pork chops for dinner Haha. I've been playing skyrim for most the day lol (my wife gave me the xbox back for my bday present and sobriety reward :-)) this morning we made a painting of our family tree! Check it out:

That was my other bday present from wifey. We all dipped our hands in paint and pressed em on the canvas then my wife painted in the rest. The babies were a real mess to clean up. Paint everywhere lol but it was well worth it. Hitting the gym early in the morning tomorrow with my buddy who is gonna help me get back into fighting. It's a great outlet. Tonight for the first time in this journey I have a real feeling of peace and calm. It's nice. I'm starting to feel comfortable in my skin. And just happy. Life is good. The internal struggle is dying down. Such a different feeling compared to the chaos with booze. The mental calamity. This is where I belong. Sober. I hope everyone is good.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Lefthook: that painting is awesome! So glad to hear things are going well.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Happy birthday drybuss! Hope you had a great sober bday.

Happy birthday tomorrow Lefthook! Love the pix!

WWG, nice to see you post. Day two, that's great, you CAN do this!

Awww Jimuk, thanks for the kiss! That walk to the pub and staring through the window in the rain played in my head like a scene from a movie. So glad the movie ended with you walking home without going in. Good job!

Well91, thank you for the birthday wishes and congratulations on another sober day!

Soberjim, day one, well done, look forward to seeing a day two post tomorrow! Tx for the bday wishes.

YVRguy, Aschlong, thanks for bday wishes also!

Had a good day today, work, then looked at cows and big (6 month old) calves with my boyfriend (and hehad a surprise new baby calf. So cute!), then a great AA meeting. I think I found a sponsor, or at least a temporary sponsor. We're going to meet for coffee very soon. I am eager to start working the program and doing the steps, and not just attending meetings.

Goodnight all, thank you for being out there!