Erica:

Way to go! Congrats...
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Congratulations on 60 days Ebshot!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congratulations Erica - 60 days is fantastic! Hope you are feeling better/less weird right now.
And early congratulations to Steve (and Grace, right?) at 50!
Slim, that is wonderful news re your sponsor. I am very happy for you.
HFA - you and I were virtual cleaning buddies today. I can't claim that my entire house is spotless, but it quite a bit better (and I am in better shape to launch into next week).
Happy birthday LLG!
Veggie - what are you studying (I feel as if I should know this already - apologies)?
Grace - glad your granddaughter is back in school and in a routine. Hope you are well tonight.
WTH - How is your weekend going?
Dee - thank you for your constant watchful presence.

Sitting in bed in a silent (and moderately clean) house and loving it. Looking forward to tomorrow but enjoying tonight.

xo Pan
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 50 just starting...Yayyy get in there and many congrats also to Grace....Sitting here,slurping a celebratory pint of tea.....
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 41 ending. Tonight I am making an action plan to move out. It may be 3 months it may be 10 months but I know I have that to look forward to. I am noticing how easily influenced I can be. After watching some tv shows last night I started ruminating about different career fields again this morning I'm like dude what I know I dont want is to be constantly stressed about money and unable to provide for my son. I really feel that accounting is the way for me. And the fact that God graced me with a bank job that I wasn't qualified for is all the more proof I need that I'm moving in the right direction. Someone in a meeting told me that the simple thing usually the right thing to do. I have my path laid out for. I need to trust in God and put one foot in front of the other. I can fulfill my need for glamour and adventure as well!

My baby is looking so adorable and watching me as I type this. He shows me more and more everyday how lucky I am to be his mom. I let my ex have him last night just for the night and when I got him back today he looked fine. I think one night at a time is best. My ex told me that my son, Ryan, got me a bday present and gave me a card and flowers lol, nice gesture I guess.

Now I want to get some krispy kreme donuts, the seasonal flavor is pumpkin spice and they are quite good!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Congrats to Steve and Grace on 50 days, x

LLG happy birthday, sounds like its all systems go your end.

Panacea, I'm doing a history degree, nothing to do with my job but it interests me. I think if I'd known how hard it was going to be to work full-time, commute for 10 hrs a week and study I may not have started 6 years ago, but 4 days to my final exam I have actually made it (nearly). Quite impressed since most of my assignments were completed when I was half-sloshed!

Must get back to revision, have a good day all,

x
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all on day 50 of sobriety! What a wonderful feeling!
It's foggy here this morning, the first fog of the year. Had a good nights sleep and just going to make breakfast.

HI 5 Steve, you beat me to it. :bounce:bounce. The banana boys are dancing for us! They don't do it for everyone! You have a good day!

Morning Pan, glad to hear you had a peaceful night, you needed it. G. daughter will be back in school Monday, she is seeing a councillor Tuesday. We still don't know the full details yet but should find out probably today.

Morning LLG, it sounds like you can see light at the end of the tunnel now and know which directions to follow. Good for you. I think you're making the right choices there and you have something to aim for. Things will work out for you and your little Ryan ( love that name, by the way.)

Wishing you all a good sober Sunday

Big hugs

Gx
JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello, friends. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday--long day at work.

Erica: Hooray on 60! Yea!

Steve and Grace--50 for you--Hooray again! Many congrats and hugs to you both for getting through some trying and tempting times and staying strong.

Happy (belated) birthday, LLG. It sounds like you're making some solid decisions re your career path and living situation. God has always led me to the best thing for me, and I trust that He will for you, too. ((hug))

Stairs--great news on your sponsor. Do you have the option of an outdoor clothesline? The smell of fresh laundry dried outside is heavenly.

Good to hear from you, Bruce.

Jojo--History is so very interesting. Is there a particular era that fascinates you?

Pan and HFA--congrats on your clean abodes. A clean place always makes me feel good afterwards.

Jodie and WTH and Slim--hoping all is well with you all.

Off to work for me, so it's my turn to slurp some tea and oatmeal. See you all later! XO
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Morning everyone,

Today going up to visit the B. I'm going up by myself. Cover me, I'm going in. Lol. Maybe we'll hit the planetarium.

Yep I hang wash outside regularly in warm weather Nuway and it is lovely.
I put a line up in the extra room yesterday and have plenty of hangers so there we have it. I like your shower rod suggestion, HFA.

The meeting was good, the lady had 6 years, not 2. We had chili and cornbread beforehand with some other NA folks which was very enjoyable. Although my friend's husband is M's sponsor it is not uncomfortable at all.

Hope everyone is well today. I'm outta here!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi again

Quick check in.

Jojo, we must have been posting at the same time-ish earlier as I missed your post. History is really interesting, but I bet you'll be glad when your finals have been completed. I wish you all the luck in the world. you've done well to persevere.

Hi Nuway, thanks for the congrats. Glad to hear all is okay with you. I love it too when my washing has been dried by the sun, wind and fresh air. it seems to smell that much nicer.

Stairs, hope you have a good day with the B, we've got you covered, don't worry! Glad you enjoyed your meeting, I like how you have snacks and nibbles and stuff at your meetings, nothing like that here, just a cup of tea or coffee!

Catch up later, the little is just terrorising the cat, need to rescue it quickly!!!

GXX
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Congrats on 50 days, Grace and Stevie! WELL DONE!!!

My plans to go to a meeting yesterday were thwarted. We have two Mennonite meeting houses in town, and I went to the "old" one instead of the "new" one, only to find it locked up tight. Tonight I'll be going to a meeting on the local college campus. Hope it's a good one! If it is, I plan to make it my regular Sunday night thing.

Fairly low-key day yesterday, put some things up on eBay and helped my wife do some painting and setup in her office. We enjoyed a nice dinner together too!

Check in later, all...but in the meantime, much love to you and be well!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Oh, and LLG...your post was beautiful, especially the part about your little one...keep it up, one foot in front of the other!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats W.T.H. What a pity you went to the old meeting house instead of the new one, that's the sort of thing I would do! At least you still have one to go to tonight, let's hope it goes well!
Had a fairly low key day too myself, but that's fine by me.
catch up later maybe.

GXX
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey guys and gals...Day 50 nearly over...Even though it was great seeing my friend and his family,I'm sort of glad that they have gone home...He didn't drink but I did tell him and his wife why I don't drink anymore and they were good about it...They did make fun of my my dedication to training but it was all in jest...My healthy eating went out the window as we have had take away 3 nights in a row,I don't mind too much though as it was all high calorie food and it should add a few more pounds onto me...Back in the gym tomorrow lunchtime to train chest and triceps,one of my favorite sessions...Many thanks for all your posts of congratulations and I'll check back in tomorrow as usual...Take care all....Steve...
Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

a bit late but congrats to Steve and Grace

D
Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Dreary, raw day here in New England...completely opposite of a few days ago. Wish I had a fireplace to ward off the chill and dampness. Guess I'll have to settle with the cat snuggling next to me.

Grace and Steve...congrats on 50 days!!! Woo Hoo! Especially with the trial of a missing GD/weekend of guests. IHO Grace...her beloved banana dance

Nuway...slurping oatmeal??? OMG!

LLG...Happy Birthday. Enjoy that little bundle of joy you have...you're getting into the real fun part of infancy where every day can be magical.

Panacea...hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet. I have too much of it on my hands right now.

Stairs...my dad hangs his clothes inside to dry during the winter...it puts moisture into the air that is robbed by the cold dry weather, plus saves on the electric bill. Also, congrats on your sponsor; I hope it is a good match for you.

BruceJ good to hear from you again...stay in touch.

Thanks for the feedback on the piece about slips/relapses. I have noticed a change taking place with myself as time moves along. Initially, I would get cravings for a drink, but lately, it has started to turn more towards deliberate thoughts about drinking. The change is subtle, but important, and the author addresses this in her writing.

I do appreciate the way that she makes this distinction about thoughts which can lead us towards full blown relapse instead of that one time action of having a drink. They both put sobriety at risk, so it is important to recognize them and address them.

Been a rough day for me. I've been sleeping a lot lately, but still feel exhausted. Today I felt especially dizzy and spacey. Not depressed, just frustrated with waiting and never knowing how I will feel/function on any given day. I do not like feeling this way and it really limits what I can do. I still do not have an appointment yet for further testing.

We're doing great and I am so proud to be a part of this group. A great mix of people, perspectives and support. Thank you!

PS: Had to go back and edit...the banana dance put me over the limit for smilies!!! Grace, the things I do for you !
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

^^ Haha oh yes my little man's recent snores are quite magical!

Congrats Erica, Grace, and everyone else. We are doing this thing and we have a really great group I have to say!

Enjoy Columbus day
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Wow, I haven't checked in for a couple of days due to studying for my weekly torture test, travel home, weekend home with hubby and then back again. I have a lot to catch up on!

Steve and Grace congrats on 50+ days!
Ebshot - congrats on 60+ days, especially after the scare you had a little while ago, you must be so proud of yourself.

WTH - Glad you here and glad you are getting the support both at home and via meetings and counselors that will help you continue to make strides and stay strong

Grace - glad your grand daughter will get some counseling, my niece has been in counseling for a while, she also went to rehab for a huffing problem besides running away.

LLG - nice story about your son, keep up the great work.

There were many others that I missed, laundry and cleaning, both of which I don't enjoy but force myself to keep up on so that our house stays tidy. I'm lucky that my husband (after 23 years of persistence) does clean and do some laundry to help things out. He's particularly good at cleaning bathrooms as his favorite cleaning product is a gallon of bleach!

I had a bit of a scary situation this weekend and I'm hesitant to share with the group as I think I won't like your reaction, but here goes:

My typically blissful weekend was seriously interrupted by a freak incident involving alcohol. My husband and I were on our way up to the mountains where we bike ride a trail that was a former railroad path that follows a large lake. The setting is beautiful with stops along the way where you can camp by only hiking in and therefore no cars or to many people to disturb the bliss that is the Pacific Northwest. My husband always prepares our water bottles and has gotten into the habit of filling a few extra bottles that we have reused. Well, I had something in my throat and was coughing a bit and reached for one of the bottles in the cup holder, put it to my lips and started to drink when I started spitting out the vial tasting liquid, wiping my mouth I realized the bottle was one of the water bottles that I must have left in my car and hadn't realized and my husband found it when he was packing the car!

As you can imagine I was freaking out a bit. I had been thinking about the chances of a stewardess giving me my seat-mates drink in first class and taking a drink the mixed version instead of my standard tomato juice with lime, no alcohol thank you very much!

So then I had to decide what to do next. I put the cap back on the bottle, my husband thought my reaction was strange, he had no idea what had just happened. I told him it went down the wrong pipe. I thought about telling him, but I was overcome by embarrassment. I have never told him how I hid the alcohol or how I snuck it into our house without him knowing (well he knew I was hammered, he just didn't find the bottles).

It's about an hour drive to the other side of the mountain pass and I just kept thinking about that bottle of vodka now tucked under the passenger seat of my car. I started to think through all the options. Drink it, don't drink, pour it out, deal with it, tell my husband, don't tell him, deal with it and I must admit I was surprised at how hard this inner conversation in my head was to control.

By the time we had gone on our ride, I was better, the bottle was still there, but I no longer cared. We went home, took a swim in the tub and then went to Sushi where I had iced tea and a movie and then home to bed. The old me would have looked for any excuse to get him out of the room, sneak in that bottle and find a way to drink it.

So why didn't I tell him? I didn't want him to look at me differently than he does now. I didn't want every time I had a real bottle of water (I drink a ton of water, prefer it to anything else and usually always buy a bottle on each trip) for him to wonder, question and second guess me. I want the way things are right now to continue to grow and I'm concerned that telling him now might mess it up. Perhaps someday I will tell him every little secret, but for now I've decided this one is staying with me.

So, the bottle is still there. I'm still deciding what to do with it (this is where I can hear your groaning and see the eye rolls!). That's right, I didn't dump it out. I kind of see it as a test which could be dangerous, but one thing I didn't share with the group is that my husband still has a beer in the evening or when we go to dinner he might have a glass of wine, we belong to a wine club and I haven't cancelled it as we use it for guests. My husband has even bought a bottle of whiskey and stored it in the bar. None of this has made me want to drink. I'm sure he would quit if I asked him, but I am around people that drink all the time in my line of work. The guy sitting next to me in first class has so far this trip had 2 mixed drinks and I don't really care. The stewardess just asked me for the 4th time if I wanted a drink, wine or an after dinner liquor, I'm not even tempted to say yes. I feel that I have to learn to function and control it, not avoid it.

I'm currently 35,000 feet away from the bottle, so you can breathe. I'll be 2378 miles away from it all week. When I get back I may pour it out, I really don't know. I do know that I won't be drinking it, I may just keep it in our bar for guests.

Ok, go ahead and tell me why I'm on a slippery slope and making dangerous choices, I expect it and I'm interested in your feedback.

This week I'll hit 60 days, I lost 3 pds last week and passed my exam! 5 weeks to Kona and only 2 more weeks of this crazy travel schedule. Life is so good!

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday.