Learning to LIve

State time
Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yay Steve !!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Steve - Way to go! Fantastic job tonight and glad it was not hard.

Slim - Thank you so much for the post. I have copied and saved it for my files. It has given me much to think about. I am still in serious fear mode - I know if I have one drink, there will be another and then the whole bottle. I also don't know if I have the will power to quit again. It took me years (and finding SR and you all) to stop. I honestly think that the stars must have aligned as well.

WTH - SO glad you are back. Yes please share your chapters. I need to spend time with the first batch you sent me. I am hoping to have some free time tomorrow to read through the exercises. I am actually home alone for the first time in a long time as my daughter is at a sleepover and son and husband are at a football game.

(darn, my battery just died and I lost have lost most of this message...never quite the same the second time)

Grace - glad your granddaughter is getting help - but wish it was delivered in an expediate fashion. It seems usually cruel to make a young girl weight all night. Hope you and Erica (and all of us) get a good night sleep.

Night all - very short post - but I am thinking of you all tonight. Much love Pan
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Just came from a meeting. By God I needed that and it was by God that I got there cuz I wasn't planning it! But I needed it lol Home now, belly bday is tomorrow. The big 26 yay. Making delicious dinner now. Hope everyone is well!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday for tomorrow LLG

D
Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 49 just starting...Will check back later....Friends are here today so gonna be busy busy busy.....Steve..
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning ya'll.

My internet has been down for a week or two. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a wonderful sober weekend guys.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by BruceJ View Post
Good morning ya'll.

My internet has been down for a week or two. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a wonderful sober weekend guys.
wow, that would be a trigger for me....
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Happy Birthday LLG!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday evening I went to my home group meeting which was a discussion about sponsorship. (after telling a home group member that I don't have a sponsor yet while helping set up literature. lol.) She leaned over during the meeting and said to ask D after the meeting. Then we had the monthly business meeting where I took over the coffee maker spot then afterward had a talk with D who is now my sponsor! I have known D for a few years and she is the one who kind of babysat me, if you will, when I showed up drunk a couple times. Yep I showed up drunk to the meeting that is now my home group as well as another one of my regular meetings and acting like a total a**.

So now I have a commitment and a sponsor. Relief. I was very leery of rushing the sponsor thing as last time in the other program I did rush it and regretted it very much so I don't have the greatest confidence in my own "picker" and it was good of my hg friend to do that.

This evening there is a celebration for a lady 2 years clean and my friend is picking Sweetie and me up with her hubby for that. There will be cake!

Today is cloudy and much less humid thank GOD and have some housework stuff to do, isn't there always housework lol.

I am looking for a used dryer but think I will get some kind of clothesline for the extra room today to hang stuff in there. I would use the basement but it is truly a cellar, dirt floor, very cobwebby and yuckky not to mention tiny stairs with narrow entryway. This house is pretty old.

Rambling on. Off to cook up some brunch. Monday is a holiday for Sweetie, it's Columbus Day. Yay!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Three quarters through Day 49...Friends are still here and I'm still sober...Thanks for your posts of support yesterday,they meant a lot....Just about to go and get us a huge chinese take away for dinner....Hope everyone is doing well...Take care....Steve...
Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
HFA

Stairs.....I got a couple extra sower rods and hang my clothes in the shower. My drier takes forever to dry. I think its the hose going out the building. I've complained to no avail.

Stevie...enjoy being sober and having company.

I finally got my entire apartment clean. Every room!!! To do it sober is a huge thing for me, weird I know. Just in time too, a guy who works in the office I manage called and is crashing here for a couple days. Home marriage problems.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all

Couldn't log in any earlier today as the Internet has been down for part of the day! It seems okay now though! Not been a bad day weather wise, cold but dry with a couple of sunny spells. There's a definite feel of Autumn in the air now, the dark nights are drawing in and the leaves on the trees are lovely shades of russet, golds and browns. Did the usual Saturday morning grocery shop (my pet hate). took my mum into town, did some laundry etc now sat watching XFactor and all the usual Saturday night rubbish.I do watch very little t.v though, to be honest!
WTH, I also found the article that Slim posted very useful. It made some good reading. I'm keeping a copy of it, I could relate to a lot that was said there.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your first meeting and received a warm welcome. Having a sponsor like the one you have makes all the difference. You've done well there!

LSC1 ( Jodie) hope all is well with you!

Hi Pan, I'm always in serious fear mode too about drinking again. Although, I am very focused and motivated at the moment, I've been here before and who knows what tomorrow may bring. I really have to do it this time, or I will more than likely lose everything that means anything to me!

LLG, :day2. Well you were meant to go to that meeting weren't you? Your Guardian Angel must have been keeping her eye on you!

Hi Bruce, It's good to hear from you. Seems like ages since you last popped in. Hope everything is well with you and hope you call back again soon.

Stairs,I think that's brilliant you getting a sponsor and someone you've known a while too. That was meant to be as well. Oh and believe me you are certainly not the only one who has been drunk in a meeting!!!

Steve, sounds like you had a good day. Hope you enjoyed the take away. Keep strong for our big day tomorrow!

HFA, I always feel better now everywhere is cleaned and I've had a massive de-clutter, it feels like I've de-cluttered my head too! Got to be theraputic!

Right, I'm going to check out the other forums and posts now,

Could be back later, but if not stay safe and sober tonight.

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

End of day 43, bored of studying now, nothing seems to be sticking but hay-ho could have bigger problems.

HFA, you can come and do mine if you like, I don't think I've ever had every room clean! Plan on doing a big tidy after my exam, until then my ironing is piled on sofas, papers scattered everywhere, probably not hoovered for about a month, hope I don't get any unexpected visitors!

Stairs congrats on the sponsor, and enjoy the cake!

Hope everyone else is OK, x
Old 10-06-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Grace,

How did your granddaughter get on at A&E?

X
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Grace....Take away was fantastic and I'm definately staying sober tonight....Roll on Day 50 tomorrow....
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Day 60 here. Sort of surreal really.

Happy birthday LLG!

I really don't have much to say today. Feeling kind of weird.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Congrats on Day 60 ebshot, that's huge!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congrats Erica, x
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Many congrats on 60 days erica...Great work....
Old 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm back!

Jojo, don't worry too much about the house work, I'm sure it will still be there tomorrow. Lol. You can't do everything and true friends will take you as they find you anyway!
thanks for asking but G.daughter didn't get to see anyone until about 11.00 this morn, then all they said was that they couldn't do much, she is okay to go to school as normal on Monday and they have arranged councelling to begin on Tuesday. Can't believe they made her wait all that time! We still don't know all the story yet, but should find out very soon.

Great stuff Steve.

Congratulations on day 60 Erica.That's just awesome Hope everything's okay.

Hi again WTH

I'm off again now.

Night night

Gxx