Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 2

Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

munchkin05: I've shared this with many. So I'll share it with you too. Maybe it will help you to get past this misery you are in.

Go to Wal-mart! Buy a box of Equate Chlortabs. This is to help dry your sinuses. Buy a bottle of Cod Liver Oil Gel caps. Take these for your immune system. Take two CLO gel caps a day with food or slim fast shake. Use Chlortabs as needed. Pick up some Liquid Vicks. Get a crock pot. Pour hot water into the pot. Pour in some Vicks. Plug this into your room at night. You'll only have the steam coming out of it for breathing. It will help to clear your nasal passage.

I hope these will help you with your allergies. I turned my husband on to these when we got together in 2006. He tells everyone about them.

Love
TOD
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hhhmm, I'll have to try the cod liver oil gel caps! Never tried those. As for drying my sinuses, I do actually take a whole slew of stuff, some of which was prescribed and some is just over the counter.
As for the crock pot, good idea!
Thankfully this will all be over with in another week or two. Usually by the end of October ragweed has died out and the Oak has lost all its leaves.
I cannot wait to move out west for the simple fact that I'm not allergic to anything out there.
Stick me in the east coast and I'm allergic to everything and anything.

Still here, still sober, and now trying to figure out how to pack as much into my evening as possible. The green tomatoes are now ROTTING on the counter, there is veggie broth to be put into seal a meal bags, and a cat litter box to bleach so I can give it away. GAAHHH!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

COD.....sounds kind of icky....but I'm sure it works!

Not feeling very productive today......but still sober...and walked 3.4 miles
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you feel better soon munch

D
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Still here, still sober and really not in the mood to talk.
Had a bad dream last night that I was going on a cruise with my parents again. Once again they were trying to push alcohol on me. Made me angry in the dream. Makes me angry now when I'm awake. Whatever.
Sinuses killing me. Chest hurts. Need to take my allegra and stuff.
Oh well. green tomatoes are done. Next are the grape tomatoes.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober and still feeling yucky. Plus tonight I have a drive out to the farm to pick up our share of food so that is going to leave me gasping and using my inhaler tonight. Tomorrow morning I will be paying for driving around tonight.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

still here, still sober and still gasping for air. Good news is its raining. That washes a lot of the pollen out of the air.
Soon (to take Nicole Kidmans words in Moulin Rouge) "I will fly away, leave all this to yesterday"
Allergies will soon be a thing of the past when I move west.

Son and I were daydreaming on our way to the farm for our CSA share yesterday.
Two years from now, we'll be out west. Medium sized house, log cabin preferred on rolling hills around us. Lots of land around us with large mountains in the distance. Hubby and I will have our large garden that keeps us fed. Tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, oats, okra, kale, broccoli and cauliflower. Son has a few apple trees and maybe a fig or two, along with some nut trees. Honey bees zooming around from my hives. I'll have one to begin with.
We'll have a medium sized dog, a cat and some chickens, rabbits, and a goat.
I'll have my big study, an over stuffed chair that my son and I can cuddle in. I can read books like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings to him.
Life won't be super easy, without worry or whatever but life never is.
Oddly enough, when I daydream everything has a gold tinge to it. As if the sun is so gloriously vibrant that it's painted the landscape with gold.
I really need to get my sons water colors out and paint it for him. Or his colored pencils. I used to be good at painting and drawing.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It sounds lovely Munch, especially the rolling hills, land and mountains in the distance. Perhaps a babbling brook winding it's way through your property? I love to day dream myself

Here's hoping the rain clears the air and you can catch your breath!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yup. Can't have all that without a brook or creek nearby.
Yup, been feeling a tad bit better lately as the ragweed has gone down a bit.
By November it will have cleared up.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober. And finding it amazing that I'm nearing 11 months sober. Getting close to 365 days sober. Wow.
It's hard to believe I've gone this far.
I had an epiphany this morning.
A few months ago, I thought to myself and even spoke it out loud to my husband how sad I was that I never had a glass of Perrier & Jouet or Dom Perignon before I chose to abstain from alcohol.
I always said when I got that big promotion or whatever I would buy a bottle of that expensive stuff.
This morning as I brushed my teeth, got ready to get in the shower I realized. All that really is is expensive champagne. It's a brand name. It's like buying a Gucci, Chanel or Coach purse.
I'm not a big fashionista. Simple, comfortable does it for me. The more cozy (think LL Bean, cuddling up next to a roaring fireplace or woodstove with books here and there, hot cocoa, warm stew...get the picture?)the happier I am. I dress fancy sometimes to make my coworkers happy. Not me.
Okay, sorry going off on a tangent here, but stay with me.
The bottle of Dom, perrier & joet, the Glenfidditch scotch. Its all just a name brand. Why should I mourn that I won't be able to waste my money on that? It's not like as if I will get more wear out of it, more SOMETHING out of it because I spent $100+ dollars on it. Why should I be mourning that loss at all? How silly that is.
Why should I be sad that I won't get to reward myself with something so silly? I shouldn't.
So I guess I'm moving beyond that. Its amazing really, that my relationship with alcohol is becoming so severed that that bottle of Dom I promised myself so long ago really doesn't matter to me now.
What matters to me now is so much more important.
My son. My husband. Me.
Our future. Guess what alcohol? Don't got room for you anymore. More important things have taken your place.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Love the mental picture of you with your family, in cozy flannel, before a crackling fire! I bought diet coco and mini marshmallows for a sweet treat once it turns chilly. I like good smelling candles and fire too.

How amazing you're coming up on a year! No room for alcohol....and so much more productive with your time

Still here and still sober Going to make a vegetarian pasta with crab for dinner.......
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober.
And obviously my mind wants a vacation. I'm thinking back to going on a cruise. Actually I fell asleep thinking about that last night.
You wanna hear something nutty??? I think more about the excitement of just boarding the cruise than anything else. Yeah, sure, I daydream back to laying out on the deck, enjoying the sunshine. Going to the spa, staying up late with my son and hubby to watch a movie on the Lido deck with some popcorn and lemonade.
But last night and this morning thoughts of boarding our cruise, keep playing in my mind.
No room for a cruise anytime in our near future though. Military retirement is a year ahead. Along with a move. We'll be getting rid of our current bedroom set, buying a brand new one. Along with a new vehicle for me, most likely. My poor Jeep is getting old. (1998)
So many changes coming up. So no room for a cruise. At least within the next two years or so.

Kim, the pasta with crab sounds good.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well....the pasta dish was not good...pretty disappointing. I've never been on a cruise, but have heard wonderful things about them. Picked out a rehab facility this afternoon for my MIL's hip replacement surgery on Thursday. It gets good reviews and is close by so we can pop in regularly.

We've been having some spectacular weather this week
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

That's awesome about your MIL rehab facility. Prayers are with her on Thursday!!

My goodness, lots going on but can't talk much right now. The thoughts are banging around in my head like ping pong balls.
Stuff with closing on our house and a lady representing the title company who was a b*tch last night on the phone. Then stuff at work. Then just well stuff. You know...life!
AGGGGHH
Still here, still sober. And trying to keep my sanity through it all. I'm a tough lady! I tackled (and still continue to tackle) alcohol. I'll tackle all this junk.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You ARE a tough lady Real estate closings can be very stressful. Thanks for your prayers for MIL's surgery tomorrow. Think the stress of our care taking roles for over a year, are creating some marital strain. Hubby and I had an argument on our evening walk

Nose to the grind stone - we'll get through this.....with NO alcohol! Interesting thing happened the other day. One of my super good friends sent me a text. This is a friend who really introduced me to drinking and we've had great times over the years. He said he quit drinking! I responded very positively and he said how much he appreciated my support. SR has taught me a lot about supporting sobriety.

Still here, still sober....but bummer over argument with hubby.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yup!
Well good for me! Closing is done! We went from a 5.2% rate to a 3.6% and dropped from a mortgage payment of 1261 per month to a 1111 per month. Not bad. I'm just so glad its over and done with.
Things at work are picking up a bit which is reassuring right now which is nice.
Found out that we may be getting hit by Hurricane Sandy soon, possibly Tuesday next week.
Fun fun.
Gotta run. Still here, still sober and kind of tired today.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Congrats on your closing....that is a nice monthly savings MIL's surgery went well, glad it is behind her and the healing / rehab can begin.

Off to bed - very tired.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober and realizing that I will be sober this time around during a hurricane! Hurray! Do you ever do that? As you go through time spent sober, you think to yourself "wow this is the first time recently that I have done "THIS" sober!
I do.
That includes going through hurricanes. Last one was Irene for us and I was pretty sloshed during that one. I remember getting all goofy and crying and telling hubby it was scary because I was reliving mentally going through hurricanes when I was a kid and I lived in Southern MD. LOL
Very silly.
Well I have my coworkers here who say it won't hit us hardly at all and others who are saying "quick go get your water!"
Hubby seems neither here nor there about any of it.
For me, I'm just thinking of a few things we can do to prepare. Worst case for us would be either or the big oak tree outside falls on our house.
Either of those would cause possible injury or loss of life. Everything else is no problem.
I have been prepping for bigger things (like a bigger type of economic depression) anyways however my one thing I seem to be running short on non stop is WATER. I ordered some things a while ago called "waterbricks". They are 3 gallon stackable containers that are refillable. Unfortunately for us they are not due to be arriving until late next week.
So all is good with us. Got a busy weekend ahead that might be a tad bit busier if my huband is lazy today and doesn't get some of the normal house junk done on his off day.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Batten down the hatches and ride this one out SOBER!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Yup will do. Of course I might not be on here much during the week, especially if we have no power. It's looking like it will be traveling right over us by mid Mon to Tues. Told hubby to be prepared for no power for at least 3 days possibly.
Still here, still sober and feeling pretty crappy due to a bad headache. Probably caused from the low pressure which always seems to affect me.