Blogs

Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 2

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I pretty much felt the same way you do today Not sure why, just wish I could quit my job in favor of one with much less responsibility. Glad I'm still sober....drinking would just make things worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pondlady For This Useful Post:
Tiredofdrugs (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Alright you two! It's Monday and it's the day after a Holiday. OF COURSE you aren't going to feel like going in to work. Much less getting out of your PJ's, off the couch and out the door. I had plenty of those days when I didn't want to get up at 4:00 am, climb into the shower, get out, take the time to pull my hair on top of my head, then braid it, then pin it down. All that so it would stay under my cap and off my collar. Get the Army uniform on, lace the boots up nice and tight, gather the days bags that went with me and hit the road for the 40 minute drive to Post. ARGH!! (Oh wait! Forgot the damn cell phone. Back inside, more goodbyes and then I'm off)!

There was one morning! I pull out of my driveway and see a cop in his car sitting in the next driveway up from ours. I wave and drive by him. Then I see he's pulling out of the driveway and headed my way! SURELY he isn't coming after ME? Yep! Here goes the blue lights on and he's on my bumper. Hell I'm only going 30 MPH! So I pull over to the side of the parking lot I'm in by now. I can still see OUR house for goodness sakes. Here he comes to my window. I already have my DL in my hand and the window down. He walks up to the window and says; "Good morning - SIR"! SAY WHAT?????? I turn to look at him and he realizes HIS mistake! He quickly changes it to Mame! He said when I drove by - I looked like a man. Then he's wanting my DL. Well it's in my hand hanging out the window. Do you not see it? He tells me I was speeding. So I ask him: "How the hell was I speeding when I had just pulled out of my driveway, waved at him and drove on"? So to shorten this story! By the time I was done with him. I got a warning. What an idiot!

Then I found Herbal Concentrate! Oh Man! Take a 1/4 spoon of that stuff, mix it in a glass of tea and my world turned into a much better place. It speeds the metabolism up, so in turn I get energy to get moving.

Something that will help too? You need to get your SLEEP! That will make a huge difference in how you feel. Spring is in the air, then summer time will be here. I dread summer though! I wilt in the 100+ temperatures here.

If you are getting headaches? Drink a couple glasses of water. This will help to nourish your body with liquids which will help the headache to go away.

TOD
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiredofdrugs For This Useful Post:
Pondlady (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Oddly enough, I thought yesterday that I was low on sleep, that Sunday night was a bad sleep night for me and yet my armband registers I got 7.50 hours worth of sleep.
Still though, I was out last night by 10p as DS didn't want to go to sleep.
I guess I got him too excited with descriptions of how one plays "capture the flag". He can't wait to try it out with friends.
SOOO FRUSTRATED GUYS!
I was supposed to bring TWO things into work and I friggin forget them both!
Credit card statement (so I can pay it off) and some gift cards for Amazon.
I'm buying a large first aid kit, kind of like what a medic in the military first gets issued.
Once we get that, that stays in DH's truck when we go camping. Between hatchets, cutting wood, hiking, climbing, and what not, I want to make sure I have the basics to take care of issues until we can get to a medical center.

Feeling a lot better today though. I got off early yesterday (12n) and first massively cheated and went to Arbys for lunch. Drove to the RV place where hubby put in the order for the spare tire for the camper. Picked that up, next, Walmart, picked up a order there. And a chocolate eclair. Yes I was having a bad day.
Next home where I vegged out for about an hour. Eating jelly beans.
Sigh. I didn't want to step on the scale today for fear of what that fat/salt/sugar binge did to it.
Only thing I can think of is the mental stress of all of this is really wearing me down. So many things going on. My job, hubby's job, working super hard on making sure we're down to almost no bills, etc etc etc. You know, life.
Well, I'm going to ask the boss if I can leave really quick and come back later on to grab that stuff. Probably a 30 minute turn around there. Maybe I'll ask if I can leave at 11a and combine it with my lunch.
Oh just checked with boss lady, she's cool with that.
Where'd you find the herbal concentrate tod? This weekend I might be making lavender comfrey salve which is good for bruises. Always a good thing considering I have a little boy who constantly is getting bruised up and then me who bruises easily (case in point, I have a wicked bruise on my right wrist from Friday night when DS accidentally slammed the bathroom door on my wrist. He was going #2 in the dark and I reached in to turn on the light. In his haste to keep his privacy he slammed the door shut back on me).
That and I might actually can some bacon this weekend! I just want to try it to see how it goes.
Dang, and tonight DS and I also have to plant his watermelon seeds, some squash seeds, a few herb seeds, peanuts.
Too many things to do, not enough time to do it.
Oh well, one thing at a time is all I can do.

Well, still here still sober.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin05 For This Useful Post:
Pondlady (04-02-2013), Tiredofdrugs (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Well....darned if you didn't mention jelly beans!!! I ate some earlier this afternoon and told myself NO MORE! After I read your post, I crept downstairs....for "just a few"! What is wrong with us?

Work today was better than yesterday and I got a lot accomplished, but I still don't feel great.....oh well.

Hoping you two ladies have a relaxing evening and we all get a good night's sleep
Tiredofdrugs (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Well didn't get the seeds planted but did get a few things done last night that were well overdue. Actually what I need to do is write myself a list because lately when I get home I feel so overwhelmed and the first thing that pops into my head is "What now?"
I have no clue where to start, what to do. I swear my husbands own disorganized style of thinking is wearing off on me!
The past two nights, thank God, I have slept pretty well. I keep waking up at 430a or so though and then doze in and out of sleep, all the while knowing my alarm will wake me up shortly.
That and the dreams keep invading my waking life. Nothing scary or whatever. Just mundane sort of dreams. Dreams about being at work doing the same old same old, dreams about hubby, reminding him to do something or another, dreams about getting DS ready for school, etc etc.
Confusing thing is later I think "wait, did that happen or did I dream it?" Frustrating.
Tomorrow I have off so I will be going to my therapist appt, getting my biweekly allergy shots, getting prescriptions filled, running to the gym to work with my trainer. And get a few things done on the side (like run to Goodwill/salvation army/whatever the heck that place is) DS has also announced he would like a fanny pack like what I use when we go to amusement parks or we go hiking. I think he likes the fact that he can carry some of his stuff around with him without him having to actually hold it. Usually when we go to theme parks I am the pack mule of the family, carrying everthing from bandaids to extra socks, chewing gum, money, ids, drivers license, credit cards, yada yada yada.
Nice thing about losing weight? I can now fit into the roller coasters one heck of a lot easier.
CANNOT WAIT FOR SUMMER & AMUSEMENT PARKS! WHOOPEE!
Love, love, LOVE visiting theme parks with my two guys and it's getting better now that DS is getting older!
Can't wait! We've got a trip up to Hershey planned, down to Williamsburg to BG and WaterCountry and we might possibly do SixFlags near us but I'm not certain on that one.
First camping trip coming up next weekend so that's good too! Can't wait for that!
We've got a lot of work to do to prep for it. DS and I are going to start packing his two bags tonight but I reminded him we don't have to get it ALLLLLL done tonight. Just get it done in little sips.
Well here's to hoping we find out something soon on our jobs here at work. One other office got word (positive for them)

Still here, still sober.
Pondlady (04-03-2013), Tiredofdrugs (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Munch , Where are you guys camping next week? I know how much you've looked forward to it.......glad it's just around the corner.

My Dad was taken to the hospital today. His leg buckled, due to nerve pain, and he fell. He hasn't been able to walk, so had to go via ambulance. Please remember him in your prayers

Munch, Going to be starting a book recommended titled " The Good House" by Ann Leary. The main character is an outspoken wry realtor , hiding her alcoholism. I'll let you know if I like it. I remember we both loved Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Cool Kim and yes, I will keep your Dad in my prayers definitely. Susquehanna this time. Easy since it's so close to us. It means between pack time/drive time and set up time we have a turnover of about 2 hours or so. The trick to this one (and the next few) is simply to re-practice everything we use to be super good at that we've gotten rusty with. Plus this time we'll be workng on repairs and mods to the camper. I've got some things to do, hubby too. We'll be hiking, biking and what not but not as massively as usual. All good because temps are supposed to be in the mid 60s which to hubby and I will feel good but I can imagine DS will wimp out and keep going right back into the camper to play with legos. Oh and boy oh boy have we gotten a few extras lately. Memory foam for our bed, spare tire for the camper, I ordered a BAL leveler that is kind of like a wheel chock. We have a few civilian style MRE's for nights when we don't have time to cook (like when we first arrive and are in a serious hurry), and to top it all off, MIL is going to make us brand new curtains after we buy some material here soon. Probably at Joanns because I don't think Wallyworld will have the type of fabric I'm looking for.
Oh and looky looky what I got today!
I got DS a teensy tiny little swiss army knife but I got me a S&W M&P SWMP4L. This one is a lot sharper than my other one which has been dulled so much because I use it when we go hiking, I use it when we're just camping, I use it when we move and I have to cut into boxes, etc etc. While this doesn't have all the gadgets it is wicked sharp. I just have to get more comfortable with it.
Oh and tomorrow guys DH should be finding out if he made the E7 list or not. Not certain if I want him to make it considering some news that we found out today. Can't go into details due to OPSEC, hubby could even barely tell me anything over the phone today.
But it kind of boils down to "if he makes e7 he might be deployed here really soon, if he doesn't then we'll be out of the army here really soon" Hard to say which one I prefer. I've been through deployments but I would hate to go through one here.
So anyhoo. Whatever. We'll see what happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
swmp knife.jpg (89.4 KB, 42 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin05 For This Useful Post:
Pondlady (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

gotta keep this quick. I'm in between appts and quickly eating lunch. Just had the weirdest morning. Hubby and I found out no promotion for him so out we go, outta the military. But even weirder. I left the clinic to head out to appts when I see one organization setting up and they have water bottles. Those are always something nice to have so the lady there announces that as long as I agree to do an alcohol screening then I can have whatever I want. Now this is at the entrance of the clinic so people are passing by, walking back and forth and so on.
I said sure, at which point she asks me the first question. How often do you drink alcoholic beverages?
I said "Never"
After the whole bevy of questions I announce to her that there is a reason I can say no to all her questions. She whispered kind of to herself and somewhat to me "OH MY! You're in recovery aren't you!" I nodded with a big smile on my face and she asked excitedly then "How long have you been clean and sober???" I said 16 months! (which as of this past Wednesday I am) She announced to many of the patients and staff coming in and out "Oh my this young lady has 16 months sober! Wow! This is awesome"
And you know what. I grinned the entire time, from ear to ear all while accepting the congrats and what not. First time I have ever really had a moment like that. No embarassment, no shame. Just pride that I have (and still do) fought/fight a monster and I have 16 months of victory behind me. Approximately 420 days give or take of victories
Pondlady (04-04-2013), Tiredofdrugs (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Oh Munch, I'm so proud of you - what a neat moment to share your victory of 16 months! Wowser.....that is some knife sista......don't want to mess with you

I'm sorry about hubby not getting the promotion, but glad he won't be deployed. You'll weather this change, as you're strong and SOBER!!!!

Dad is home, but barely getting around with a walker. Makes me so sad BTW, any word from your Mom?
Tiredofdrugs (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: I don't want to be a downer here, but? You do realize with your husband getting out of the military that you also lose the benefits of Dental care and the Medical care? It's time hubby got his booty in gear and starts looking for a job to take when he signs that dotted line. So many things to start looking into at this point!

However! I am proud of you for being able to walk into that clinic and make that announcement!! I know that's a wonderful feeling and something to be so proud of.

I'm not even going to comment on that knife. LOL We have way too many of them around here too.

Pond: How is your daughter doing with her back? It's been awhile since her surgery. I sure hope she's improving.

TOD
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Yup, we know tod. We've been working (well no mostly me) to make sure that we're both reasonably healthy and I've been stocking up on the OTC medicines the clinic allows us to get. We'll not have to buy Tylenol, Motrin or Benadryl for a while now!
Yeah, I agree with you. Hubby is baaaaaaaddd at procrastinating. I do it sometimes but not as much. (like my study. That is a room I really need to work on. So much filing and shredding to do. Sigh)
Yup, I like my knife! I showed DS how sharp it is by stabbing a piece of paper and then slicing it up. His eyes went as round as saucers. LOL

You know, I've mentioned it a few times here online, some here at work. This is why I have been paying off my bills so quickly. This is why I've been stocking up food. This is why I've been saving up.
Because of this very thing.
So, hopefully this weekend we get started in planning for our future. There is so much we want to do.
I was telling hubby, we've never had this in our entire adult life. That we can go wherever we want to go, that we can pretty much do (within reason of course) whatever we want to do.
We've never had that. When we were kids and we were dating we followed what our parents told us to do.
Then hubby got into the military and what did we do? We went and did whatever the military told us to do. We don't know any other way and while its kind of exhilarating its also kind of scary.

Yesterday at the clinic was something else! The lady there was asking me "what kind of program did you go through? Did you go through AA? Did you work the Steps?
And I actually just shook my head and announced "nope. I just belong to a online group and I have been seeing a therapist". She just looked stunned and announced "Wow! You did it by yourself? No detox? No programs?"
Now I think she was playing it up a bit but still, it was a huge compliment.

At the gym yesterday I came to a realization. Kind of an epiphany.
I know why my workouts have kind of lost their fizz. My energy there doesn't seem as UP as it used to be.
I'm not as angry anymore as I used to be. I still have my pet peeves but the anger I used to have following me around like a lost puppy is gone. Therefore I don't have the motivation as much to punish myself on the elliptical machine or what not.
Yesterday I only came to that realization when I was working with my trainer, I was so worried/stressed/concerned about the retirement bit, so I used that to give me an extra push (hence the reason I'm super sore today)
It sounds rather hokey but I think through my journey towards sobriety, I have found peace.

Well, I have loads of other sh*t to do.
Still here and still sober.
Pondlady (04-05-2013), Tiredofdrugs (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Really quick. Its happening guys. One of my fav persons here just walked out with letter in hand. Next person who was just called in is the one who is always late.
Keep my fingers crossed. For what at this point, I just don't know.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Man Munchkin! It's always on a friggin Friday when the s/crap/t comes down the pipes.

Back when I lived in WI with my 3rd husband. I was fired from a waitressing job. I filed for UE and stayed at home. I had also gotten out of the ARNG for a break at that time too. Then! My husband was let go from HIS job a month later. That's when I said: "Well! I've been wanting to move back to Arkansas-Home and that's what I'm planning on doing. I told my husband he could stay or go, it was up to him, but I was getting the hell out of that COLD ass state". And a month later we were headed to Arkansas. LOL He drove the Ryder truck pulling our SUV behind it. He had his Golden Retriever in the truck with himself. I drove my small car with my miniature holland lop rabbit settled in the front seat under his blankets. A fourteen hour trip, but I'm home now!

Sometimes decisions are made for us in order for us to make a move in one direction or another!

Got my fingers crossed for ya!

TOD
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I'm here. Meetings are over and amusingly enough, everyone (but me) cracked open a bottle of Rum to have rum and cokes with. All told, 2 furloughs with Mandatory LWOP still required for the rest of us.
The situation will be assessed as we go along. The general consensus is its not going to get better but worse.
Had a bad day though. 26 fees of $75 zapped on me today due to an error.
Hell of a day.
The rest of the staff here know I'm pretty pissed. They offered me rum, I said I'm no pirate. HA HA.
LOL
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Munch,
Put this hell of a day behind you and enjoy your camping trip!
Tiredofdrugs (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Munch,
Put this hell of a day behind you and enjoy your camping trip!
Yes Yes Yes! I second this! Or is it? Can I get an "I" for the vote? I I I I

Just got in from running all over town. Did the Wally run too. Man! I forgot how many Seniors and Momma's pushing babies there are in the day time. There sure were some cuties though! Lots of Seniors wanting me to help them find something. LOL I was just as lost as they were! Wally has reorganized AGAIN! ARGH!!

Beautiful day here today. Lots of sun and it's 74 degrees. Every bug that's been asleep in the cold is also OUT and about. Need to check my vanilla storage area. Baby birds are all chirping for mom and dad to feed them too.

TOD
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Can I get a WOOHOO! for DEAD RATS! I have a decomposing half eaten rat in my back yard! YAY! munchkin is doing dead rat dance all over the house. YEAH YEAH YEAH!
Okay, now to figure out what has been eating him. Hhhmm. His head is gone, his ribs are exposed and guts are visible. Hhhmm. Gotta look this one up.
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Possum!!!!!!!! They eat the head off stuff and then come back to eat the rotten carcass!
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Is it possible that the rat od'd on the poison I put out and then something (possum) came out and ate until he got to the stomach and then went EWWWW when he tasted poison? I looked at it pretty closely (DS was inside thankfully) and the meat around the ribs was stripped but the stomach was bloated but present. Back hindquarters are still present as well.
Pondlady (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

EWWWWWWWWWW is right!!!!! Let's talk about something else now!!!!! You are analyzing this way too much! It's dead for goodness sakes. You accomplished what you set out to do. Put it in the trash and call it done!

I got to cook supper and don't want this image in my head anymore.

TOD
Pondlady (04-05-2013)