Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 2

Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

TOD, Thanks for sharing Chicory's post - perfect timing for me to hear that message

Well ladies, tis the first day of Spring....but winter is hanging tough here. Had a productive staff meeting this morning and took a walk when I got home. Tomorrow is the last day of school, before Spring Break, and we're having egg hunts......guess who's the big bunny?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I was off yesterday which was really really nice.
Now I do have to admit, I was soooooo tired. Two days of -5 hours of sleep, the past weekend I was averaging about 6 hours of sleep, so by yesterday I was getting kind of grumpy.
So I managed to start my morning yesterday by first getting son and I some breakfast. Pancakes and bacon. DS told me at one point "Mama, I like it when we can sit together and have breakfast together. Its nice". I agreed it is nice.
Next, bring him to the school bus stop. Next, get a load of laundry thrown in, pick the house up some, get myself a cuppa in my ceramic Live, Laugh Love travel mug and off to my first appt of the morning. Just a referral over to my allergist that needed to be updated.
Next, therapist. Went over a few things that were bothering me. Mostly my Mom. Addiction. How dangerous it is to slide from one addiction to another.
So next, dentist appointment. I got my new mouth guard in which is this hard silicone like thing that fits in my top teeth. It more or less keeps my top teeth from grinding on the bottom. Feels kind of weird at first but I by this morning I was used to it.
Next, run home, have lunch and then headed off to the gym. This is where the exhaustion reared its ugly head. My trainer seemed to realize I was really really tired when she had me doing negative incline crunches and I couldn't pull myself off the bench but instead just clumsily slid right off. Looked pretty silly if I say it myself.
So she took it easy on me but admonished me for not getting to the gym more often.
After the 30 minutes with her I just went to the sauna, sweat a bit, then changed and left.
Stopped at the coin gallery here. There is a gentleman there that collects and sells old coins and hubby and I have been buying bits here and there.
Then finally, home.
I collapsed, gratefully for about 30 minutes at which point I got up got a few things done but accepted that I was in no mood to cook tonight so after greeting son at the bus stop I ordered chinese. Not exactly healthy but easy.
DS and I got to bed at a decent time last night which was a God send.
And now here I am at work today.
Its looking to be a good day so far. DS and I had a good talk this morning, in fact I had an epiphany as I spoke with him. Well not really an epiphany but a reminder.
One of the psychiatrists said during one of our meetings that my son's reasoning skills are very mature, that the way he thinks is more on the lines of a 4th grader and that sometimes he has almost adult thought processes. He asked me a question today that struck me as very high level thinking. He hit the wall with his hand and said "Mama, I think that this is real because I can feel the wall beneath my fingers and yet what if it isn't and its just in my brain" I told him, feeling very much like Morpheus in the Matrix that "If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain". DS thought about that for a moment and agreed and then said "how do we know what is real and what is fake then?"
I just told him "you think about it and let me know"
And then I reminded him that just remember, all things around him within his own control can be controlled by him. His reactions to his teacher, his reactions to his classmates, what he does in school. That is all within his own control.

So onto daycare. Dropped him off this morning and also dropped off the hat I was commissioned to make. Going to make a scarf for the lady next.

This morning I felt so elated, so amazingly rested, it made me realize how much of a fog I've been living in this past week.
DH is gone right now on a TDY and I'm almost kind of looking forward to this time of solitude with just DS and I. Its going to give me the chance to get caught up on a few projects, do some heavy thinking and meditate in the evenings before going to bed.

So, with that all being said. I gotta get to work. Have a few things I need to accomplish today.
Still here and still sober!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Munch, Sounds like you and DS are having a nice time together. Today is my first day of Spring Break and I was actually alone in my house this morning.....absolute heaven!

My daughter and I got free facials this afternoon and enjoyed a late afternoon salad lunch....nice day Oh, took a fast walk this morning....going to try and pump it up a bit this week!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey Munchkin!

I just watched NBC Nightly news with Brian Williams. There was a story about a seed library in Richmond CA. Here's the link if you are wanting to check it out. Pretty interesting.

www.richmondgrows.org

TOD
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Going to check it out today TOD, thanks!

Somewhat busy weekend for me. DH is of course on his tdy so just the kiddo and me.
Saturday was super hectic with just getting stuff done around the house and what not. Sunday not as much however I did have to fix my food saver again. The seals on the vacuum part of it aren't working as well. Why is it that when one thing breaks everything seems to follow it?
My Jeep, the foodsaver, hubbys truck needs work, recently our part of our blender bit the dust, our bedroom set is getting rather ancient. I guess some of it is simply, we've been married for almost 19 years. Some of our stuff has been with us for about 20+ years so it's showing its age.
Still though, I have to admit this morning I got up and was rather frustrated by it all. We scrimp and save, pay off bills, get ourselves to a little more of a comfortable spot, and for what? So we can go out and then have to buy a new vehicle for me (possibly) a new bedroom set (possibly) a new foodsaver (that will be soon) etc etc etc.
Guess I'm just grumpy today.
Jeep didn't want to start, hubbys truck was being troublesome when I tried to jump my jeep and just all in all the morning was chaotic.
Thats life.

Well, whatever. I'm counter today here at work and I've got a lot in the queues to work so gotta get off to it.
Still here still sober.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Frustrating to be sure, when things break. We've been giving our half bath a little updating and it's coming along nicely. I like that we'll be able to actually enjoy it as opposed to a new radiator for the car!

Still here and still sober, getting sick of winter.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay you two!!! Here's my opinion on things breaking and needing to be replaced!!!!

Things just aren't made to last forever! If that were the case? Then look at how many people would be out of a job! Now as for toilet paper? Please keep them people working 24/7! Same goes for paper towels. I use these for lining the kids crates each day. It's the little things we have to be grateful for. Even with the technology we have today! Take a minute to watch this short video. You'll understand. Well worth watching!

Le papier ne sera jamais mort / Paper is not dead on influencia.net ! on Vimeo

TOD
Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I'll have to watch it tonight. Can't get videos here at work.
Want a laugh anyone?
Recently I took apart our foodsaver because by the sound of it the vacuum tubes had come off the vacuum portion of the machine.
So I took it apart, reattached it, and said "done".
Last night I plug it in to seal a meal a bag and thank God I was standing near it.
Suddenly the bag attached started blowing up rather than sucking all the air out.
I yelled "aaaah!" and turned it off. LOL I was seriously giggling at myself.
I only wish hubby and son were around for it, they would've gotten a chuckle along with me.

TOD,
We do use paper towels but actually not a whole lot. (hubby uses em more than I) Instead we use reusable wash clothes that we have hanging on a door in our kitchen. Saves a bit on grocery shopping.
I just find it sooooo frustrating that it seems that no matter how much we scrimp and save, we pay off bills, I work to figure out how to fix things to make them last just a tad bit longer, it seems like even more things join the party that need to be repaired or thrown away.
Sad bit? We have spent the past three years paying off debt and we're getting really close and yet if we were to fix everything or replace everything broken we'd be right back in debt about $5K to $10K.
The unrealistic side of me just longs to win the lottery or something weird like that. One big thing to get us to the point where we're A-OK. That yes, we might have debt but both of our cars work properly, we have no kitchen appliances that are breaking or broken, no washer or dryers that are falling apart, etc etc. As it stands we just withdrew a whole lot of $$$ from one account to help with the repairs with my Jeep (that will probably run us about $600)
Oh well. That's life for you.

Well short day for me today. I'm leaving at 12n to get my hair done which is always kind of nice. Found out my hair stylist is kind of a kindred spirit sort of. We found out recently that we have very VERY similar views on certain things that leave us whispering to each other in the middle of the hair salon. LOL
Gotta run.
Gotta make a call to hubby in Utah.
Still here, still sober.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Really quick. One avenue has now been removed from our future. Hubbys promotion to E7. He's not on the list so this means our future will go one of two ways.
Stay in the military and PCS (permanent change of station) to somewhere else or hubby will retire from the military and who knows what we'll do.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

TOD, Hysterical video, posted it to Whiners and FB.

Munch, I'm sorry about hubby's E7 news. Take care of yourself, lots of frustration for you lately and now this disappointment. You're are an amazingly strong woman and have come so far....be proud of that Hugs.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Home now from the hairstylist. Its actually kind of odd how I feel about the E7 bit. While it would've been nice I'm not massively disappointed in the outcome. I almost felt/feel like "well its not meant to be so that is that"
If anything, I'm frustrated at hubby because earlier today I was telling him the list is out but I couldn't see it as it was only viewable by those with AKO accounts or CAC cards (pretty much someone within the govt. I used to have an AKO but I let it lapse)
He kept telling me not to worry, the results CAN'T be out yet because his leadership told him wait till mid April. Even when I told him "no, the lists were published March 15th" he kept arguing it saying no can't be can't be, his supervisors told him so.
The argument (it wasn't a big argument really, just a disagreement) was so dumb. I felt like we were arguing that the sky REALLY wasn't blue. Who knows? Maybe hubby didn't want to believe me because then if he did he would have to move. Have to move out of this safe zone for him. I honestly think he's very seriously nervous about retirement so he's playing a ostrich and hiding his head in the sand pretending it'll all go away.
Well whatever.
Oh good news! I got my rat poison! We have a massive sized RAT living in our backyard. Put three logs (rat poison logs that is) out there in hopes he'll snack on em and DIE!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Damn Munchkin! That food saver event was one of those Kodak moments that got missed! That could have been your big money maker! Too bad we couldn't come into the country and become an instant millionaire from buying a Lotto Ticket though. I'm happy to see it was someone NEEDING the money instead of someone that had a lot of money and bought a bunch of tickets with it and then won. I'd prefer to be right where I am. Not well off, but humble as hell to be grateful for what we do have.

So the big question now is? What is hubby going to DOOOOOO????? If he doesn't want to stay Active Duty? Maybe he could look into going into the National Guard or Reserves. But then again. He'd be looking at being shipped over seas if he did that. So back to the drawing board here. As hard as it is to find a J-O-B now days. He might want to consider staying Active and y'all PCS out of there. Remember! Things break and they need replacing. Plus you need to consider the schools your son will be going to if he leaves the Base school. Lot's to write down on a Pros and Cons list.

I hated dealing with the AKO stuff. It's such a pain in the azz! I don't know why you get drawn into arguments with your husband. He seems to be hard headed and wants to argue so many things. Learn to put the hand up - "Speak to the hand" and walk off. It does the BP no good to get upset over things that can be proven later on. And why in the world does he think his Section Sergeant or CO has all the answers? I like to use the phrase: Lead, follow or get out of the way. I'll get the answer myself.

Another bit of info for ya. When my unit was activated to Ft Sill, OK during Desert Storm. I got stuck on third shift in the PCS office. ARGH! I was working 12 on and 72 off. I also had a male friend back then that was still in AR when my BD rolled around. A woman came in one night around that time and asked where could she find TOD at? I told her I was TOD. She said she had a cake in her car for me for my BD. I sort of looked at her funny, like why didn't she go get it after finding me? So I told her to just bring it in and set it on the counter. She cleared her throat and told me it was the size of the back of her station wagon. Good Lord! And she had three, five gallon's of ice cream to go along with it. Shock was all over my face. So I told her to drive over to where my barracks was at. I had her bring it in, into the office building next to it. There was a whole new crew of soldiers that had just arrived and I treated them all to some cake and ice cream.

Rat Poison! I heard mice just a squeaking up a storm in the chickens pit area. So I took some of the mouse poison pellets, sprinkled a package of Parmesian cheese into it, then shook the box to make it mix and go to the bottom of the container. I put it under a milk crate in the pit and left it. A few days later, I checked it. It was empty and I haven't heard anymore squeaking! So now you know the trick to getting rid of those pesky critters. So if you order pizza and get those packets of cheese with it? Save it for mouse bait.

Pond: Didn't you get a good laugh out of that video? We've GOT to HAVE paper of some sort for some things. And Yes! I go thru rolls of paper towels for use in the kids crates.

TOD
Old 03-27-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Uggh! I forgot to check out the video yesterday evening! Blame it on the whole MESS yesterday.
Wanna hear something even more hilarious?
Hubby just called. It turns out that promotion list is the early batch of soldiers that will be getting pinned in April. There is the main list that is coming out April 4th. LOL
So, back to the drawing board we go.
That being said, hubby has said if he doesn't make his E7 then out we go, he'll put in his packet for retirement and find a job on the outside.
So back to uncertainty we go.
Uggh.
I have a headache today. Did you know that? LOL Of course, you do now because I told you.
Yes, I'm going nuts. LOL
At this point I'm throwing my hands up and saying "I surrender!"

No not really.
Actually last night was a weird night for me. Of course I was kind of stressed, had two brownies, one of which was topped with vanilla and strawberry ice cream. LOL
Went to bed and it became apparent FAST that it was going to be a toss and turn kinda night. So I took a Unisom which did weird things to me.
I wear a night guard now a days on my upper teeth because I grind my teeth at night. I have odd memories of last night having some sort of dream about taking it out because it was time to get up. I know I woke up this morning with my alarm clock and my night guard was no longer in my mouth. It was back in its case.
I have had problems with walking in my sleep, doing things in my sleep so obviously I got up at one point and took it out. What else I did I don't know. LOL
I've once called my cats vet and made an emergency call. I remember that night falling asleep thinking I needed to contact the vet to request an appt.
Imagine our surprise when we got a call at 1130p from the vet service saying they received a call from our number. LOL
That I think was sometimes one of the only benefits about alcohol. I didn't sleep walk or do things in my sleep as much but then my sleep quality was horrible when I drank.
Now, as long as I fall asleep without things bothering me mentally I sleep much much better.
Obviously, things were bothering me last night. In fact I ended up playing a zombie game on my Kindle before falling asleep last night. Bad choice too but it says something about my state of mind last night.
So back to the drawing board we go.
Thank God its Wednesday. Tomorrow I have off (LWOP). Only have two appts so going to use some of my time to get stuff done around the house. Turning in stuff to goodwill, clean up a bit.
I have an appt with my trainer and an appt with my sons school.

Here's to hoping I have a dead rat at home tonight.

Still here, still sober. And still waiting.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Pond: I received this email again today. I remembered our conversation we had once before. So I'm sending you the info to read too.

THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS:

As you open your pockets and donate your goods to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:
----------------------------

The American Red Cross
President and CEO Marsha J. Evans'

salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses

MARCH OF DIMES
It is now called the March of Dimes because

only a dime for every 1 dollar is given to the needy.

The United Way
President Brian Gallagher

receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF
CEO Caryl M. Stern receives

$1,200,000 per year (100k permonth) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE.

Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.

GOODWILL
CEO and owner Mark Curran profits $2.3 million a year.
Goodwill is a very catchy name for his business.

You donate to his business and then he sells the items for PROFIT.
He pays nothing for his products and pays his workers minimum wage! Nice Guy.
$0.00 goes to help anyone!
Stop giving to this man.

Instead, give it to ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

GO "GREEN" AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO SOME GOOD:

The Salvation Army
Commissioner, Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only

$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

The American Legion
National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Veterans of Foreign Wars
National Commander receives a$0.00 zero salary.

The Disabled American Veterans

The Military Order of Purple Hearts

The Vietnam Veterans Association

Make a Wish: For children's last wishes.

100% goes to funding trips or special wishes for a dying child.

St. Jude Research Hospital

100% goes towards funding and helping Children with Cancer who have no insurance and cannot afford to pay.

Ronald McDonald Houses

All monies go to running the houses for parents who have critical Children in the hospital.

100% goes to housing, and feeding the families.

Lions Club International

100% OF DONATIONS GO TO HELP THE BLIND, BUY HEARING AIDES, SUPPORT MEDICAL MISSIONS AROUND THE WORLD.

TOD
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Oh weird. For some reason I have memory of coming here yesterday morning when I was off but I didn't obviously.
LOL
I'm losing it. Maybe I dreamed coming here and writing. Too funny.
My dreams have been doing that a lot lately, invading my life and making me think I did something when I really didn't.
That always seems to happen when my life is a bit more chaotic.
So some time today we might be finding out the fate of our office here.
Will we stay or will we go now....
I'm so ready to just find out. I'm tired of uncertainty. I'm tired of not knowing which way my life will go.
I really long for the security of just knowing that "THIS" is the direction our life will go, or "YES" I have a job. Or whatever.

So anyhoo,
yesterday got some junk done around the house, got some stuff together to be given to Goodwill (since there are no other giveaway places around here to donate to, at least close by)
Next, appointment with my trainer at 1230. I got there actually at about 1145a, worked out for about 20 some minutes.
Next, appointment with my sons special education teacher, his regular teacher and the principal.
Good meeting. It went very well. We went over a few things that they will be working on after Spring break. I guess this teacher is "trying" a new way of working with the kids. He usually works with the ones that are heavily ADD/ADHD or have other special education issues so he told me yesterday that he can't wait to try out some of these new ideas with DS as he thinks DS will respond really well.
It helps that this teacher has a great relationship with DS. The teacher enjoys DS and DS enjoys the teacher. That's always helpful.
The big thing that made the biggest impact to me about the whole bit? The special ed teacher just shook his head at one point and said "Ms. Such and such (referring to psychiatrist) found that DS tests at a high 3rd grade level/low 4th grade level for reasoning and locating sequences and patterns. That's amazing. This kid is really smart"
Its when a teacher says something like this that it hits me. I always think of my kiddo as a just a great kid. Love him of course, want to raise him to be a responsible young man, a good husband to a wife, a good Dad, a good citizen. Pretty much what we all want when we become a parent. But when someone tells me something like this it just shocks me sort of. I almost sit there and go "What? My kid is gifted? Huh?"
Does that sound weird? It does to me.

Well whatever. Gotta run. I have a group to ticket, then some worksheets to print out for DS. We're going to keep working on his writing skills to get him up to the level with the rest of his class.
Still here, still sober. And still employed. For now.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

You ladies have a nice Easter week end Weather is finally seasonal here - had a great walk today. Munch, I hope you find out about your job soon, not knowing is stressful.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Pond and Munckin!

I want to wish you two a nice, fun filled, relaxed Easter Day. Munchkin! Do let us know what the latest news is on your job status!! And also! Have you ever taken DS to do the Easter Egg Hunt on the Whitehouse grounds? My son-in-law took their two kids last year. My daughter was out of the country on TDY at that time is why she didn't go with them.

TOD
Old 03-31-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Nah, never taken DS to an actual Easter Egg hunt actually. So many of them always seem to be on weekdays. No wait, we did one when DS was two that was unit sponsored.

As for news on the job, still employed. No news. But I'm willing to bet other offices were quietly getting the axe. We just won't find out probably about us for a little while now.
I'm guessing within the next few weeks we'll hear something or another. The company I think is going to be super cautious how it goes about this, as many companies do. Plus we're in contract negotiations with the govt so.....

Well, anyhoo!
HAPPY EASTER!

DS is having fun with playing his new game Spore for Wii, I'm about to make crepes with homemade jams and jellies and syrup as a filling.
All is good because you know what I realized? This is my second Easter SOBER! I'm not waking up with a hangover, I'm not waking up 50 lbs overweight, I'm not feeling miserable and sick. I can enjoy life with DS and watch him play his game while I type here and not have a pounding headache.
Okay so that, said. I gotta run. Off to make my sons fave. Crepes. He'll usually eat at least 4 of those. Dang. I forgot to pick up whipped cream.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to you two lovely ladies as well! Hubby scrambled the last of the eggs as a treat for the dogs this am, so didn't make my homemade pancakes and eggs.....but......we split the last pice of my homemade banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting, with big mugs of coffee
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Ever have one of those mornings when you ....just.......cannot.......get.......up.
Well that was me.
I did not want to get up. Did not want to move. Did not want to take a shower. Did not want to pick out my clothes for work. Did not want to do my makeup. Did not want to get DS ready. Did not want to face the stress of seeing if my Jeep will or won't start. Did not want to get stuff together for lunch OR breakfast for today.
YADA YADA YADA.
That was me and right now is me.
I'm not in the mood for dealing with JUNK right now.
Call it whatever you want, case of the Mondays, lazy, whatever.
This morning I actually daydreamed about calling in sick.
Well, I'm here at work though. Dressed in very simple clothes today. Cereal for breakfast. Hard boiled egg too.
Salad and soup for lunch. Or maybe just salad and some bread. I don't know, don't care.

I must say, DS really helped out this morning though. He was very sweet. I told him I felt pretty bad that I didn't give him breakfast at home and he just remarked "Its okay Mama, Its cool. I'm okay with breakfast at daycare" all while having a very concerned look on his face.
Its moments like that that I realize how great of a kid he is.
You know, recently we were talking about how he says Daddy is always angry. I asked him does he think I'm always angry too? He answered yes.
I felt pretty bad. He said I'm always angry at him when he messes up which I kind of feel like its the truth.
I gotta work on that.
I know sometimes when he does something, like on Saturday night he spilled a full cup of milk all over the throw rug in the living room. I went off on him big time, all the while an internal voice was telling me "STOP IT, YOU ARE GOING OVERBOARD ON HIM!"
I hate it when I do that.
I never know if this was something my Mom used to do to me, my Dad or was/is it something I just do. DH is adult enough to yell right back but I hate it when I start verbally attacking DS because he messed up, (usually his OOOPS boil down to him spilling his milk, making a mess, losing something, your basic kid type of errors).
So I gotta do what my Dad used to always tell me. Don't be sorry. Just don't do it again.

Oh and very frustrated. I wanted to download the last episode of The Walking Dead this morning on my Kindle but it wasn't ready for downloading yet. GRRRRR.
I read this morning that Milton and Andrea die which I find kinda sad because both of them figured out too late that the Governor is really crazy. They both should've seen the light way sooner and tried to kill him. Too late now.
I told DS a little bit about what happened on the TV show (no, he's not allowed to watch it but I will tell him little bits of what is happening) this morning and he was sad with me when I explained what happened.

You know, I thought about something as I was getting ready for work this morning.
I thought back to when I first became a travel agent and so many of the employees I was in training with were heavy drinkers. It was a common joke that travel agents tend to be alcoholics because of the stress with our jobs. I always told DH that I felt I fit in with that group of people because they were so much like me. We (the staff at the office) used to do big drinking parties at karaoke bars and clubs. Everyone would get totally sloshed.
Even at that point I could drink massive amounts of alcohol without actually showing the signs of intoxication. This was before I was becoming psychologically dependent on alcohol. This was during the days when I would buy a 6 pack of Zima and order chinese food on a Friday night. DH and I would play games on our computer, eat chinese food, share the 6 pack.
That was the extent of my drinking then. And yet, the whispers of alcoholism were present then. But it took me getting to now to look back at it, nod and realize there it was. Part of me wishes I could go back and slap myself at that point but I realize there was a lesson to learn here. So the best I can do is move on, learn from the lesson.
Still here, still sober.