Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 2

Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Same here Pond. I love to cook. Most nights when I'm coming home from work its something easy (last night was pasta with alfredo sauce and broccoli) but on the weekends when hubby is home I like trying new things. Its not always awesome but most times it still is pretty tasty.
Today I'm home which is turning out to be a godsend as I don't feel so good. Either a cold or allergies. Not certain which. I cancelled my 10a appt with my trainer, my therapist cancelled with me for my 1p, so all I have left is a dentist appt at 3.
I think I might just take today off to relax and play around a bit. I have a writing assignment due by another company, they want me to write about gardening with flowers and how they affect women in general. GAAH. Hubby even said to me "your not that type of gardener really, how are you going to write that" Just told him "I dunno"
Wrote like crazy on Sunday so right now I'm kind of written out.
Can you believe we made vanilla extract on Friday night? With vodka. Told hubby I did not want any left in the house (plain vodka that is) so we used it all in the vanilla.
I wrote about making vanilla extract as a matter of fact.
Well whatever. I'm not writing at all today. I slammed out 3 articles recently. I might just relax, play some games, I think I want to try my hand at canning bacon today (something that has been on my bucketlist for sometime now) and I have to soak some of my sons white t shirts in bleach. We went through his clothes last night and he has quite a few that are pretty stained.
Still here still sober.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Good to have a day at home. Sounds like you've been writing up a storm!

I'm growing a few more herbs this summer. I do tons of basil, and a little sage. This year I also want rosemary and plan to dry it

Just had bruschetta for dinner - yum! Still here and still sober.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Ladies!! Shew! Y'all have been busy or at least Munch is grinding away at it. LOL I go thru tons of Vanilla around here. Need you to tell me how to make it! It's a great bug repellent. Did y'all know that? All those stinging little biters hate the stuff.

With all that writing you are doing, at least you are getting paid for it! Just look at how much writing we do on here and DON'T get paid for it. Damn it! LOL But we get so much more out of it though. Don't we?

Just to spout about something going on in the neighborhood here. There is a brand new Culinary School building being built at the Tech School. How about that? BUT! The military has now suspended the GI Bill benefits to future soldiers, not the ones that have it already. WTF? Jethro was reading the info to me earlier. So many cuts going on in so many places. We are all going to have to start growing our own gardens just to be able to have something to eat it seems like. Well! That would truly rattle MY world!! But I bet if I got hungry enough? I'd get used to it. I mean it's not like I haven't done it before. My parents have always had a garden planted each year. Hell! They still do and dad is 80 and mom is 73. It's nowhere the size I grew up with, but still.

All these ppl w/o jobs, going hungry should all get involved together in making a garden somewhere. I know it's done in large cities on vacant lots. And speaking of Farms! My thoughts on this Farming business is this: Why in the hell doesn't the government give all they can to our Farmers? They should be the one source that gets a lot of credit for doing what they do to make a living and providing so many others with food to eat and milk to drink! It just seems so many things are looked at backwards. Okay! I'm done! Maybe every person out there should fill out a sheet of paper with their ideals on how to make the world better. Then send it to wherever it would BE READ and submitted.

TOD
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Well I do get paid at my blog but barely. Its taken a lot of work to make about .5 per day. LOL
So no it doesn't pay the bills but on the other hand its a diversion and I hope that later on, after investing some time on it it will pay off later.
Plus, many of the times I wasn't going to be doing much anyways and I like writing down what I'm doing because I can track what worked and what didn't work. You know?

TOD I wish I could raise chickens! Or rabbits. Or bees!
Its scary how many benefits they (govt) are removing from the military. And then I see they (the govt) are giving them to people like illegal aliens and welfare recipients.
Saw an article on Huffingtonpost that totally ticked me off. All about how us military have "lavish" lifestyles, how we get paid so much more than the civilian workforce. How we have commissaries that save us 30% on our groceries, blah blah blah.
Couldn't read the whole thing because it just sickened me.
Well I have a cold today that sprung up yesterday.
Feel miserable. I gotta get me some tea though. And I have banana bread and a hardboiled egg for breakfast. After that I can take some sudefed.

Sigh.
Still here, still sober and sick today.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit better today which is a pretty fast rebound time for me on a cold. I still feel groggy from the nyquil I took last night and then some Motrin I took at 4am this morning for a headache. (ds woke me up with a sore ear)
Still though, my sinuses are no where near as swollen as they were yesterday which is good.
Got a LOT done yesterday which always makes me feel awesome, even when I have a cold.
We got our tax return back so I paid off two bills completely, paid a few other things. Then switched to making appointments for days in the future. Did a recheck on our calendar to see when our big camping trips are coming up. We have some nice ones this spring and summer time!
Then I got off work a tad bit early, ran to my optometrist to get my glasses fixed, ran to Target and bought a few things (like nyquil), then picked up my son. We went to Walmart, he got his Skylanders Legos, I picked up some film I had developed from our cruise last year. (found the dang camera in my husbands truck. I swear his truck has so much JUNK in it its hard to find basic stuff)
Next, ran home, made turtle brownies for dessert, hot dogs and homemade mac and cheese for dinner.

Now I do have to admit something. Lately the AV has been speaking up a bit which is weird. I'm not used to hearing it as much but it seems like since hubby has been gone its definitely been there.
Last night DS and I are driving home and I'm entering post here when suddenly I got this very strong image of just relaxing with a glass of wine. How nice that would be. Forget everything. Maybe make me not feel so yucky.
I almost had to shake my head to remove it, and then I realized exactly what it was.
A very sneaky way of trying to get me to drink when I'm not feeling all that great.
So even after 15 months (Wednesday was my 15 month sober) the AV still does talk now and then. And its sneakier than ever. Trying to get at me when hubby is gone, or when I'm sick or just tired.

One other thing that really bothered me yesterday. My Dad emailed me back after I sent an email to him. He said Mom is still going to the gym even though she's sore, that she's sticking with it, that things are going good. Oh and tonight (last night) they were doing "Italian Night" with all their friends. Dad bought 6 bottles of Italian wine along with some sort of Liquor that has something to do with Pisa Italy.
My first thought of course was "Dad why do you have to stick that in my face? I know you don't like me saying that I am an alcoholic. I know you feel uncomfortable with this. I know you don't believe there even is such a thing." but then I realized that train of thought seemed very much "all about me", vain.
So then I looked at it another way. Maybe in his saying all that he's trying to say "See, all your Mom needed to do was get out of the house. She can still drink like crazy and be fun to be around!"
Of course I could be wrong on all of those accounts. So in the end, while I still am slightly perturbed I'm trying to let it go.
I can't fix my Dad, I can't fix my Mom. I can only fix me.

Oh and TOD, yes, that is why I write here for free. Simply because it helps me to get my thoughts and feelings out where I can see them.
Believe it or not, every so often I actually read through my posts to see where I was at at certain times. I can kind of learn from myself in a way.
If this helps others on their own path to sobriety, well that's all the better.

Still here, still sober and feeling a bit better today.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I thought about wine earlier this week and it surprised me. I've been tired, worried and sick of winter......all of which left me feeling vulnerable......and voila......wine popped into my head!

I don't try to "figure out" my parents relationship anymore......I used to spin my wheels trying to make sense of stuff....now I just let it go, focus on what I can control and love them unconditionally.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
TOD I wish I could raise chickens! Or rabbits. Or bees!
Its scary how many benefits they (govt) are removing from the military. And then I see they (the govt) are giving them to people like illegal aliens and welfare recipients.
Saw an article on Huffingtonpost that totally ticked me off. All about how us military have "lavish" lifestyles, how we get paid so much more than the civilian workforce. How we have commissaries that save us 30% on our groceries, blah blah blah.
Couldn't read the whole thing because it just sickened me.
Well I have a cold today that sprung up yesterday.
Feel miserable. I gotta get me some tea though. And I have banana bread and a hardboiled egg for breakfast. After that I can take some sudefed.

Sigh.
Still here, still sober and sick today.
Munch: Don't EVEN get me started on the illegal's benefitting from the good ole USA. I've worked since I was 15 years old, was medically discharged from the ARNG. Got my 100% DAV after two years of fighting for it. Three years LATER? I'm still fighting for my SS! Bet you can't GUESS who is receiving my money? I do agree they need jobs and an income. However! They too need to pay into the system just like the rest of us. And there needs to be a cutoff limit on how many children they have. I was told, for every child they give birth to? They get an additional $1,500.00 a month for it. Now you know why we see so many illegal's with a ton of kids and the mother is usually pregnant AGAIN. I had a guy in front of me one day and after a long conversation with the cashier! I was told the Govt card he used has a balance of $6,000.00 on it. That's for ONE friggin month. That's double of what I bring in each month. And I served as an American soldier for 22 years. And the illegals wonder why the Americans are getting so TIRED of them being here. Something is going to give one of these and I hope we are all ready for it when it happens.

Yes! I've read many an article where the military is so well off. Ha Ha Ha! Apparently! The ppl writing these articles are speaking of High Ranking Officers with many years in the military. The lower Enlisted Personnel aren't as fortunate.

You two Ladies hang in there and take a deep breath from time to time. We all have the thoughts of our DOC. As long as we don't use/drink it? We'll be okay. It's those times you both spoke of when the creepie creeps start filtering thru our brains. Just imagine them as the Death Eaters on Harry Potter. Because if allowed to happen, then the DE's will consume us.

Oh! And btw! Jethro walked out to the dog pen yesterday after getting home from work. (It's no longer used due to Magnum having the freedom of the much larger fenced in yard now to roam in). I picked up Little Maria and brought her out to daddy for some lovin and then sat her down to forage. He started talking to me about putting in a garden. Oh My! I laughed and said: "Sure! The rabbits and deer will LOVE us for it". LOL But any how! Looks like he just might be serious about it. So stay tuned as to what happens in the future.

TOD
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Well, TOD I have seeds I can give you. Not as many now as I've given a lot away but I still have some so let me know if you're interested.
Hubby came home last night which was bittersweet. I let DS stay up a little longer, waiting for Daddy when suddenly, we're cuddling on the couch playing on my Kindle Fire and we were someone at the door. Then the doorbell rings. First I stood up and asked DS "Its Daddy! You want to open the door for him?" which he being torn into being scared to open the door and being excited at the same time answered first no, then yes.
Hubby came in and I'm sure all thought hubby has ever had that DS doesn't love him went out the window while DS hugged hubby really tight and started crying saying "I missed you Daddy" Jeez, and this was only a 5 day long tdy.
Thank God DS doesn't remember the year long deployments.

Right now, hubby and I are trying to do a combined task that is quite daunting. Stock up on stuff we would want or need if we had no income & pay off bills as fast and hard as we can. Difficult? Yes. Interesting? Yes.
This paycheck going towards a small sized water filter (Katadyn) & a memory foam bed topper for our camper.
We revisited last night as we were lying in bed some of the projects we have for our camper which includes, fixing the fridge (our last camping trip the circuit got melted due to a power surge), getting a spare tire, and the one that will probably be the most expensive, fixing the water leak and the floor around where the shower and toilet is.
The tire is cheap. The circuit is relatively a quick and easy fix. That floor and plumbing project I'm not looking forward to see how much it will cost.

I just feel such a sense of accomplishment that we have now paid off almost three bills. We have made a huge dent in another one & we have two left to go. Just two bills. Wow.
Right now, if I lost my job, we would most certainly miss the extra $$$ but we would not be hurting. Wow. I can't believe we're almost at the no bill point.
Very cool.
Pretty much now, we've been doing what is called a snowball (not going to go into detail. Just look it up) but we allow ourselves small purchases here and there. Much like someone who goes on a successful diet does. You don't give up your chocolate completely, you just reduce how much you consume.
You know?

Well, going to possibly break my rule this afternoon. I was saying earlier I wasn't going to LWOP any more this paycheck but I think I will. We want to pop up the camper to look a few things over. I told hubby last night (this really pissed him off) that the fridge/plumbing/tire was his project. He has to take them on. I do more than enough in other areas. I want him to take on a few things. Like I said, it really pissed him off. For several reasons, but I think the biggest reason? Because I implied he can never get projects done. (true)
So we'll see if this stuff gets done.

Well, whatever, still here still sober.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey Munchkin: Yes I will be pleased to accept those seeds you are offering!
Have you and hubby ever checked out the DIY channel or on the internet? It might be the thing to help y'all get those jobs done.

Gotta scoot. Step daughter getting married this afternoon. Gotta be ready by the time Jethro gets home and hollers: "Let's GO"! ARGH!!

TOD
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

You mean for the camper? I push my hubby to but so far he drags his feet. I'm okay actually with doing the work on the flooring (I think all we need is an epoxy to fill it in, it's not too bad) the plumbing is a toughie because we don't know where to look and the fridge is completely my hubbys. I will not touch electricity. I've been shocked waayyyy to many times.
Email me at howdoesourgardengrow13******.com.
Only thing I ask is you cover postage. (cause otherwise I'd go broke covering everyones postage)
Really neat thing. I just spoke to the director of the childcare center on the south military post here and I've offered them some seeds. Not much but a little to get them moving. I'm going to write a letter along with it about gardening with my website. Hopefully it will direct a bit more traffic to my site which is actually what truly pays. The more people come to my blog, the more I get paid by the advertisers. Well except in some situations where the companies only pay me commission for when someone purchases through my site.
I'm trying to figure out how to get some freebies to give away to people to hopefully draw more to my site.
Maybe I'll work on that later.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hubby and I went out to lunch today and ordered the St Patty's Day special. It was shepherds pie, Irish soda bread and a gourmet slaw. It was delicious and we were both really hungry.

Somewhat mild temps here today, so did a little weeding after my walk. Only one week of school left till our Spring Break I look forward to working in the yard that week.

You ladies enjoy your week ends!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

You too Kim!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Busy busy weekend for us.
Friday I took off early to get work done on my camper. It turned out we never actually popped up our camper on Friday because instead we ran to the credit union, deposited some money, ran to the post office to drop off a seed and scoby/kombucha order, ran to the auto care place, got me some new tires on my jeep, then headed home.
That started the weekend. From then on, Saturday it was grocery shopping, running to the PX, got hubby a new backpack, got me a few shirts on discount.
Next, repotted some of our tomato plants. Looks like we'll have quite a few to sell on my etsy shop. Plants, not seeds.
Next, cleaning up the house which is always an endless chore.
Saturday night my DS actually had a sleepover which was tough for me. That was the first time he's ever slept over at someones house. Remember my Mom got angry at me for not trusting her enough (supposedly, I never actually said it. Dad did) to allow Nick to sleep over with them.
I have to admit I barely slept all night long and when DS did come home at 730am, I right away snuggled with him and gave him a big hug.
See that is one thing I think both my parents don't really understand, I am a tad bit over protective with DS, which is something good, but also has its downsides. I am constantly trying to rein that in.

So anyhoo, Sunday more of the same. Very busy. Went to Walmart picked up some grow lights, some pots for transplanting some more, another small fishtank for one of ds's fish. Poor guy was being picked on so we had to move him to his own tank. He's happy now which is nice to watch. DS now has three fish tanks in his room, looks lovely at night.
We all like to sit on his bed and just watch the fish.
More cleaning on Sunday, oh and we popped up the camper in the 30 degree temps with brisk winds. BRRRRR
And amusingly enough, we discovered this book that has been in our camper all this time that is a parts company where we can purchase everything we need to do the repairs. Also hubby on Friday contacted a guy who will come out and look at the camper for the repairs.
We're really trying to get our camper fully up and going. I have my projects (mostly inside storage projects and curtains and such) and hubby has his.
We stayed up last night till about 11p talking about everything we'd like to do, which most of it is pretty affordable. Thats the nice thing about camping. The only extra costs are the amount that we pay for the space, the gas to get there, and a little bit of $$ for shopping, visiting parks, eating out every so often or whatever. Not that we do that a whole lot when we are camping. Most times we eat at our campsite.
We bring all our own food so for about $70 we have a weekend away filled with lots of hiking, rafting, berry picking, time outdoors, identifying trees and plants and birds and other wildlife.
Lots of fun.
I'm going to bring DS with me next weekend and we're going to start collecting firewood. Mostly kindling for getting the fire first started. That's always a good thing to have when we first get to our site.
Usually when we get to the site, we rush to get the pop up popped up and moving asap as the light is fading. Once the big stuff is put up I get the fire going since I'm faster than hubby is at getting a good fire going.
That way we have a bit more light and if it is cooler out DS can sit near there until we get the heater going inside.
Well, off that. Just had my review between me starting this entry today and now. Pretty good but a bit of a surprise. Had a few bigger errors which was weird but my overall stats are good. Barely any occurances but I did reiterate to the boss that I constantly "dumb myself down" in an effort to try to keep others from blowing up at me.
She said she wants me to start helping with IT stuff but I told her "sure, but just remember there are others that get on the defensive when I start doing stuff like that"
She claimed ignorance in a way. Whatever.
Well I have to run. I have work to accomplish. Work here and then I brought a few things to keep me busy as well. An oven mitt needs to be sewn up, seeds that need to be catalogued. We went a bit nuts at Walmart in the seed section on Sunday.
Had a few tough times this weekend, mostly because I was tired, stressed and feeling like I just needed a break. Hubby opened one of the bottles of vanilla extract currently curing to smell it and announced "mmm vanilla!" I asked him "can you still smell the vodka?" he answered "yes" I then told him "then I don't want to smell right now. It's a bad time for me right now"
Would smelling it make me drink the vanilla extract? No. Would it make me go out and buy some vodka? No. But I still don't get too close to that cliff as I'm afraid I would slip somehow.
So still here, still sober.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Munch,
I'm glad you recognized you were tired and stressed over the week end. Our daily lives can be monotonous and being productive can feel boring, so like you say, best not to get too close to the cliff.

I'm trying to "stay the course" of a healthy life style and ride out the end of this long winter. I'm looking forward to Spring weather.......I think we all are. Hang in there
Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Tired tired tired here. Woke up at 2am thanks to hubby and was not able to get to sleep.
We all here at work received an email that more or less says layoffs and furloughs are pending. Our furloughs would be slightly different. We wouldn't be taking a day off here or there. We would be taking months off at a time.
So that had me thinking till 4am when finally I succumbed to exhaustion. Just in time for hubby to get up and make lots of noise all over the house.
Sigh.
I almost texted my boss to ask if I could LWOP today but then I figured I probably wouldn't really sleep anyways and plus within the next two weeks I could be without a job anyways. Plenty of time to sleep then.
Well I'm still here, still sober. Very tired and kind of grumpy and not really in the mood to talk.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: Please remember! You have almost two to three years on unemployment benefits if you get laid off! So you won't be down to one check for quite some time!

You can use the time off to do so many things that you want to do now, but don't have the time for! Or? Better yet? Come see me in AR! I'll let you help around here with all that energy you have. And you can love on our "Little People in Feather suits" while you are here.

When I was married to my XH and was living in WI. I was laid off from my waitressing job. A month later HE got laid off. I made the decision to move us back to my home state here in AR to help my parent's out. So with the free time we started going thru stuff, getting rid of stuff, packing, filling holes in the Apartment walls, painting them, and on and on! You are going to be moving in about a year, aren't you? Just think of what you could get done during this time?

But didn't you say you were being tasked to help the IT bunch? So I'm thinking you probably aren't on that list to be axed! Think positive during this time.

About your husband waking you up! Sorry for that. I've pretty much moved my sleeping down to the spare bedroom. Jethro's not happy about it, but I just keep telling him; "I LOVE my sleep time and his snoring doesn't let me sleep". So I send him off to bed with Little Miss Half Pound Maria and we all get a good nights sleep. Ahhhhhhhh LOL Besides! The last two times I've tried to climb into bed with him. Maria doesn't like the fact that I turn a small fan on and she starts her goofy alarm noises: Predator is amongst us! LOL The little terd dropper is what I call her. What goes in - must come out! At least she waits until she gets up! But she's on Daddy's side of the bed on her own towel and under her own blankie if she has an accident. Woot! Woot!

You are way better prepared to deal with this tough world more so than others. You hang in there and get that husband of your's a knockout pill so you both can get some sleep.

Okay! Got to get in the shower, get ready and make a few trips around town. People might pass out when they see TOD out and about in the sunshine though instead of late at night. LOL

TOD
Old 03-19-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

That is pretty much what I've thought too Tod. There is a plus side to it, we'll just have to wait and see. I mean really, the neat thing about it is in about 8 months I'm outta here.
Don't know where. Here's to hoping I find out where we are going in a week or two. Or three. Or four. LOL LMAO
Old 03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Munch, Stressful times for sure....and a long winter I try to not panic, when I don't have control over events......I admit.....this doesn't always work! I agree with TOD, perhaps you are not slated for a lay off, if you are to help with IT......that might be good job security.

Exhausted and drained from work. Thank heavens Spring Break is in two days....I need to recharge my batteries a bit. Cold and windy, but bright and sunny....too pooped to walk today though
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ladies! I copied this from a post Chicory posted on the Hen House Thread. I thought it would be something at this time that both of y'all could benefit from.

Subject: A Great Lesson on Stress

The teacher confidently walked around the room with a raised glass of water in her outstretched hand. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full’?

She fooled them all. "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a smile.

The class shouted out answers ranging from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied , "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an Ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued:

"And, that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, the burden becomes increasingly heavy and we won't be able to carry on.

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before picking it up again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden – dealing with the stress longer and better each time.

“So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick them up tomorrow.”

Additional thoughts to live by:

1. Keep your words soft and sweet, you might have to eat them.
2. Read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
3. Drive carefully… People as well as cars can be recalled by their Maker.
4. If you can't be kind, be vague.
5. If you lend a man $20 and never see him again, it was probably worth it.
6. Maybe your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
7. Don't put both feet in your mouth; you won't have a leg to stand on.
8. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
9. Since the early worm feeds the bird, sleep late.
10. Remember, the second mouse gets the cheese.
11. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
12. Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
13. A happy person can enjoy scenery on a detour.
14. Have an awesome day and know someone has thought about you today.
15. Don't leave old friends for new; think of your feelings when someone dumps you.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

16. Save the earth..... It may be the only planet with chocolate!

Be the woman who causes the devil to say, "Oh Crap, She's up again," when your feet hit the floor each morning. This would be ME he's thinking about! LOL

TOD
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Well I must say this, first I think I didn't exactly go into full detail about the IT bit.
The boss is confused/frustrated about me. She doesn't exactly WANT me to do any of this because per her words "She has "name removed" to do all this but she would like me to do more with IT in general because I have expressed interest in it"
When I reminded her I have tried in the past I have gotten feedback from her and others that I need to sit back down and shut up, take phone calls, etc. That there is "name removed" to do that here.

At one point during my review I told her I'd be happy to develop some special items, excel sheets, etc etc for the office but right after she argued with me that "she would NEVER tell me she's not interested in my help" she told me once again "Well, thank you for your offer but that is what we have "name removed" for.
So, it boils down to being her way of trying to throw me crumbs. She knows she's not exactly fulfilling any of my needs towards professional development, she knows somewhat of my attitude and she knows it has changed to more or less a shrug and saying "Whatever, I don't care" simply because I've learned that I cannot base my hapiness on how I do at this office.
In the past my own personal happiness was greatly influenced by how I did at my job.
Since being here I've learned to do that is to set myself up for constantly being disapointed.
The boss here doesn't want to rock the boat and make her "favorites" angry so that means to the others she has to try to "throw a crumb" to them in order to try to make them happy. She does this constantly on almost a daily basis which is pretty sad. My Dad has said in the past she shows all the earmarks of a poor & weak leader. Which I somewhat believe but I also think that she has a hard time of showing tough love to some.
I know this sounds cynical in the extreme.
Just my observations at this office.
Every office I have ever worked at I have risen quickly through the staff up to either a Head Teller, Head Business Teller, Lead Support, Lead Travel Counselor, yada yada yada. Most of my reviews have all said I am a pleasure to work with, I'm EXTREMELY knowledgable in my field, yada yada yada.
Only with this boss does she kind of put down the lead bits (she has said in the past she doesn't like Leads or agents who have been some sort of supervisor at some point because they have an inflated sense of themselves.
Hubby and I think it boils down to "little man" syndrome.

Well, whatever. I've gone on way too long about this.
The key point is I didn't get too excited when she offered me this simply because I know how it goes usually.
I've learned at this point to feel pleasure, a sense of accomplishment from things I have control over, like my writing, how we're doing in putting money away, my own health and fitness, etc.
It all slides back to the AA prayer.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the know the difference.
I cannot change things here. Boss might talk how she'd love to give me this or that but when it comes down to it, its just talk to, in her mind, make me feel important to the office.
Honestly, at this point I'm not too worried about it. Heck I'm more worried about hubby leaving on this next tdy. Which reminds me. I gotta practice the combo to the new safe in our house.
Still here, still sober.