Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 7

Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

hi all.just a quick hello as down at my dads an using my phone.so so slow .having a lovely time but have missed my Sr and my meeting.looking forward to a posting properly but happy an comforting to read all your posts.take care.x
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Tuesday: about 4:10 P.M.

Whew, dentist appointment over...xrays and all. I was given the all clear, no cavities, ha! ha!

Jeni26: hello, glad you have found a sponsor you trust, sharing can make us feel better. Still, not my favorite thing, working on that. I hope your work situation eases up for you!

Nicky: hi, yes posting on little phones is definitely not my thing either! Hope you are enjoying your time at your dads. Take care!

I am staying close to SR today, since my disturbed night and mood. I am feeling more positive, but sleepy.

Everyone have a great afternoon/evening/night
Bloss
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

tanja, i agree. putting recovery first is the big thing. the last two times i sobered up, i went to aa for a month or so, then the gym. i felt great. so great that i didn't do squat to progress on the alcoholism. the first time, i genuinely thought i had "reset" myself somehow and could safely drink again. yikes. then the second time, i did the same thing" aa for a month or so, then gym. i was still in pretty good shape from the first time, felt great again, and as soon as the weather changed in mid september i relapsed and quit the gym.

so, long story! but the point is i've spent a lot more time on changing my thoughts and behaviors and a lot less time on simple diversions like the gym. wanted to build a better foundation. but it's high time i got my sorry behind back into a more structured exercise program. this time i want to do it for my health, not purely as a way to keep from drinking.

bloss: i hope you get some sleep and wake in a better frame of mind. a new day can do wonders!

take care all! wehav
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I've done something really brave this morning- after another sleepless night worrying about work and having chest and stomach pain with stress, I sent an e-mail to my boss outlining my workload and the downright impossibility of my job at the moment. I've asked for support. I must try and see this as a strength rather than a failing in me. I'm always overly concerned about how others view me and have that knot in my stomach about how this will be received. Truth is it IS impossible! I work much harder and for longer hours than my colleagues, I take on their anxieties as though they're my own, and have created a situation in which I've become everybody's crutch. My boss is part of this crazy scenario, becoming ill at the thought of me looking at other jobs. I have made myself indispensable and that weighs heavy on me. I have phone calls from colleagues when I'm at home talking through their stresses. I have become responsible for everybody's well-being and that is insane.
I will wait for a reply from my e-mail. This situation has to change, and I know that the biggest alteration has to come from within. I've created this, and juggling sobriety and recovery on top of life has become unmanageable. I'm not in work today as I'm visiting another school for a meeting. That means I've got a bit of time to think this morning.
Although I'm anxious, there is some relief in finally admitting the workload is too much. I've got to start prioritising stuff a whole lot better than I do.

Sorry for not replying to your posts individually, my head is spinning at the mo. I would be truly lost without SR XXX
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that was absolutely 100% the right thing to do Jeni.

I hope your boss will have a 100% correct response

D
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I hope so too.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Jeni, I am so glad you sent that email. Speaking up for yourself is the first step toward making things change for the better. I think we are all beginning to find our voices now that alcohol no longer drowns them out. With practice we will do this "life" thing a little easier.

OYU class, just wanted to say hello. I had quite the day. Actually started off so bad and dramatic that it would have put me into total binge mode, instead it made me laugh and want to tell the story on here.
So, I wake up this morning to a returned email...Why, I have not sent any email?...Well my account was hacked by either a virus or a bot. Had to call people and send out notice not to open email from me. Changed my password to something stronger. Went outside to get some sun and drink my diet coke, called a friend to say don't open email. See my dog rolling around and smash my baby plumeria plant that I've been babying for the past year. Go inside upset and check on laundry. I left a pen in with my new white uniforms and towels in the washer. Black ink all over. Use up the rest of the stain remover. Need more, go to CVS and pick up more. See new gel bleach, think "wow, I bet that will work". Get to the register, cashier feels bottle sticky. I say never mind, keep that, I'll just buy oxyclean. Get into my car, realize a big bleach mark on my new favorite 1 week old shirt. At this point I am ready to cry but I begin to think how funny this is and I can't wait to post it. What a change... 5+ months ago I would be drunk now, but I am not, I'm laughing with you all. Thank you all for being here!

I am working 12's the next 3 nights so I will be reading but not posting. I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week and will touch base this weekend.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like one of those days HRB - glad you're laughing!

D
Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

09.55 Wed

Morning all. Hope you are all well and sober! Day 60 for me today and I'm feeling good. Woo hoo!
Slept quite well last night, sat in work at the minute and other than that I have nothing exciting to report, for now! Another dark, wet day, in fact it's lashed it down all night.

Hi I.P hope you manage to get a bit of 'I.P time' in your busy schedule.

L2R25, hi, hope all is okay with you. Have a good day.

Bloss, so we're a pair of shorties then! All boobs and bum me, rubenesque actually!! Bet you'e glad the visit to the dentist is over with.

Jeni, glad you're feeling better. You did absolutely the right thing in sending that email to your boss, not before time either by the sound of things. You couldn't carry on like that making yourself ill. Sometimes you need to put yourself first, work to live, not live to work! Lets hope you get some results. xxxx Look after yourself. Oh,and I'm rubbish at sharing too and at delegating. I really bottle things up, something I need to learn how to deal with.

Wehavetoday, I've done what you've done so many times, quitted then got complacent and convinced myself I could just have one or two. Ha ha, who was I kidding? Trying to focus now on healthy eating and excercise.

HitRB70, that was a day and a half wasn't it! Good thing you have a sense of humour!! Talking about ruining plants I proudly cherished a miniature pepper plant and it had about 7 little peppers on it just turning red, the little live in G.son decided it would be a good idea to pick them all off and brought them into me in his bucket!! Oh the joys.

Going to do a spot more work now.

Catch up when I can.

Stay safe and sober

Big hgs

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,

Jeni - I am so proud of you! You are really flexing an emotional muscle by asserting yourself and putting your well being and sobriety first. You should really pat yourself on the back

HRB - What a wonderful and inspiring post! I have at times laughed over things that stresed me. Thinking I can either laugh or I can cry. But, nothing like the day you described. What an invaluable lesson you shared. Kudos to you for embracing humor and laughter as a new skill. I am going to try and remember and practice that.

Grace - Congratulations on 60 days7 Do you have any plans to celebrate this important milestone? I think it is so important to really celebrate any day sober, but especially significant milestones.

Wishing everyone a good and sober day!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Wednesday morning about 7:55 a.m.

Good morning OYU's

Slept a bit better and this should translate to a more positive frame of mind. It is very satisfying to make it through all the challenges each day gives us and not reach for the drink or whatever addictive substance we have grabbed in the past. Some days are more grinding than others, but each sober day is like more "money" in the bank account. When the urge to drink crosses my mind, I can look back over recent times I have not given into the urge and draw strength.

I am going to meet my younger and only sister on her lunch hour today to visit. I love her dearly, yet realize in the past visits with her have been a trigger to drink. She is a sweet person, but her job is really dragging her down. I feel so lost as to how to help her. Then I realize she really doesn't want her big sister
to fix it, she just needs to vent. So, I will prepare myself before I go to listen and just give her a hug, tell her I love her and so on. Plan on going home directly after to actually get on my treadmill, then finish chores and do finances.
I believe making a plan after my visit with her should keep me on track, plus I will most likely be on SR for a bit.

So all of you OYU's have a happy day...

Grace, I finally dusted off the treadmill and congratulation on 60 days!

Wehav, thanks for the kind words of support

More later
Bloss
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Jeni I am so happy for you that you got it out what's been going on in your work situation. I really hope some good comes from it. Keep us posted!
Grace Grats on 60 days!
HRB, that day sounded dreadful but so happy you were able to laugh it off. Back in the day, I would have easily turned that day into an excuse to get hammered. So glad we are past that.
Bloss good luck with your lunch with your sister. I read a lot on here, and agree, that we tend to take on others pain or frustration, and feel responsible for fixing it. But we have enough to fix in our lives and being a sympathetic ear and offering some supportive words is sufficient.
Just checking in at lunch. Work is ok today. Dealing with family and house situations now and for the past couple weeks. Cannot believe I have not drank over them. It's not been a walk in the park but I have managed to remain sober which I am proud of. I am really looking forward to my 5 month mark Sunday. Got a comment on my weight loss today which made me happy. I didn't think it was much but obviously it was enough for some to notice. So that's good. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Quick hi. Only another 25 minutes to go then I can go home and start again!!
It's passed quickly today, but I did have to take a couple of hours out to go for a routine breast screening. We get 2 hours for hospital appointments so I made sure I stretched it!! ha ha.

Tanja, thanks for the congrats! I've treated myself to a new lipstick today to celebrate, I don't have anyone to discuss my sobriety/drinking problems with, so every ten days I treat myself to a little something!!

Bloss, glad to hear you got a bit of a sleep last night. Seems like you seen the light with your sister, just carry on the way you're doing it now, let her rant, then draw a line under it and get on with your own life. You can't do everything for everybody. You have to look after yourself and you are doing so well, you can't let that slip.

Oll thanks, bet it made you feel good when someone noticed your wieght loss. Great stuff. You are doing really well too. we'll crack this.

Going now, I've got to phone a customer before I go home.

Big hugs

GXX
Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Back home from dads and had a lovely time, not long enough though.

Jeni I believe that saying sober does require changes and you've done brilliantly reconising one AND having the courage to change it. Brilliant.

Bloss hahah no cavities! Excellent. Did you ever try the lavendar?

wehav2day you are so right to work on your thoughts and behaviour. It has finally clicked for me thankfully through AA that this is a 2 part illness, both physically and mental. Having said that I have a few changes to make but am still struggling to make them.

Tanja Stay strong you're sounding positive and l do like your comments.

IP Good luck with your studying, by the sounds of it you are putting in all the effort and deserve a fabby outcome.

Live2run Happy Wednesday!

Grace Always busy, busy, busy hahaha........just like me. Mind take some time out for yourself.x

Take care.
dickenson, frenchpink, EQ, hitrockbottom,pancea hope you are all well.

Catch you all later.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Oops sorry Dee I never even mentioned your good self and your are such a help too.
Hope your happy and healthy.x
Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

just waking up Nicky LOL

D
Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

haha.......just chilling out before bedtime
Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Managed to pop in to say good night. Cream crackered now so need to get to bed soon.

Nicky, we can never have enough time with our lovely Dads can we, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him though.

Night night and be careful out there.

See you all tomorrow

Gxxxx
Old 10-17-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Late afternoon around 4:30 ish

Meeting with sister was ok, she was late, thought she wasn't going to show. Turns out her boss waylaid her and kept her late. It was fine we did some shopping and I found a great sale on sandals! After she left I did other necessary shopping and headed home. Just doing chores and surfing SR for awhile.

Welcome back Nicky, hope you enjoyed visit with your dad.

Jeni26, hope stress at job is easing up/my sister has horrible job stress too, take care

Wehav, 5 months this Sunday...alright!

Grace, the tea was great, ha! Ha!

Everyone have a safe, nice evening!

Bloss