Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 4

Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I am gonna txt you woman!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Yea, autumn in Alberta can be a bit of a let down, especially since before here I lived in Vermont, with truly spectacular foliage. Still, we're having lovely weather here, warm and sunny.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi all! Nice to be here. I feel excited, encouraged, & grateful.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

You found us!! Woot, a new friend!!!! Congratulations and welcome!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Welcome Bulkhead.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Ditto from me, Bulkhead! We're a darn good group if I say so myself.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I broke over a year cut free and hurt myself a bit ago. Ugh. So depressed about that. Minor, but still a lapse. Damnit. Fear, fear, go away. Let me live another days. No jail, no prison, no abuse... That's all I ask. Help me God, I did nothing wrong! Help me.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi bulkhead--thanks for spreading your excitement, encouragement, gratitude. I want to learn to move toward the positive moment. Make it a habit, instead of looking for reasons/disappointments, less than ideal situations for "signs" as to why I should drink.

Today is a little harder for me because I work alone and many of my clients take off early on Friday. So it feels like a special bubble of time when I can do just about anything. And my favorite thing to do is to treat myself with wine. Could be as early as 10 in the morning, or could wait until after 3pm if I know I'll be talking with clients through the afternoon.

My work schedule isn't going to change, so I want to create new habits around these cycles. If the work is slow, go for a walk or read a trashy magazine. Surf the interweb for a pair of shows I'll never get (maybe I will?) Do something that feels like a genuine treat, something I'm looking forward to. Just make sure it has nothing to do with alcohol.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Oh, SFMS I feel for you. clean up the wound and tend to it very genly, like you would for your son. Literally start healing yourself. You have the strength to do this. We're all behind you, sending kindness.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Met up with my girlfriend who relapsed. I let go of the anger and resentments I had because she wasn't getting back to me. Hugged her, encouraged her and drive her to a meeting. Pay it forward right? Made plans with her tomorrow night and may catch another meeting with her tonight. Depends on situation at hospital with Gpa. Everything with Gpa and my dear friend is so touch an go. Praying for both of them an all of you! That's all for now, will check back later! Xoxox peace out!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Thanks Groder, that means the world now. I need tlc
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

HOLD ON! Wait for me! On day two,not so bad cause I have a terrible cold and dont really miss my wine right now.THw weekend is upon me though. Really seems like an encouraging group. Had 28 sober days last September.Its gotta stick this time. Im soooo tired of feeling sick
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I understand that for sure.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Please keep strong all of you, ive made it almost a week now.... You have all helped.. Off to bed sober again!! Will catch up tomorrow x
Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Pushing thru day 3. It's been eventful. I'm feeling a lot better. I apologized truely for my actions for the first time and took full responsibility without giving any excuses. It felt really good.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I love Nova Scotia!!!

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
From Nova Scotia...I've been to Edmonton a few times when I lived in Calgary. The fall in Gatineau Que., just on the other side of Ottawa are the best I've ever seen. Leaves of incredible colours up to your knees, no joke..Maritimes have pretty awesome falls as well. Sorry to say, lots of nice things about Alberta, but fall leaves isn't one of them.

Jim
Jim - I've been around Canada quite a bit and one of my dearest friends is from NS. I had the fortune of being there in the Fall one year and it took my breath away. I've never seen anywhere more beautiful that time of year. It was magical and I can't wait to go back!!!

I love all of Canada and my friends there consider me "unofficially" Canadian! I enjoy everything about your country - especially used to love that your beer is 2x as strong as in the US! Lol! Ahhh...good memories of airport bars and all night parties but that is where those activities will stay - memories!!

I'm actually heading up to Toronto in November and I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned Canadian hospitality! Nicest people up there in the Great White North!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Avra JimmyChoo bulkhead and well91

We may have to rename this thread The Jim Thread and all change our name to Jim soon

I'm sorry you're still struggling SFMS - there are a few cutting threads in the mental health section - and I'm sure there are cutting forums elsewhere if you think you need that kind of specific support.

Take care of yourself - you are important to all of us

have a happy safe and sober weekend gang - I will if you will!
D
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

So many Jim's!!! Lol
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Haha! It's all poplars here in Alberta - so it's a sea of yellow here! I guess I don't know any better because I still think it's pretty. And, Sobersunshine, let's keep our fingers crossed this beautiful weather holds! IWillWin, Soberjim - I'll have to see this maritime autumn you speak of. I can't imagine Nova Scotia being any more breathtakingly beautiful than it was the spring I visited, but I sure would like to see it!

Pooky - I'm unilaterally making you my Day 2 buddy! Hope that's ok!

SFMS - heal up, Love! It doesn't have to get any worse. xox!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Welcome Jim and Bulkhead to the September Class,

Just coming home and I haven't read the day's posts yet - but I hope everyone is well and looking foward to a weekend of health and non drunk happiness.

Super stressful week...but, it is over and I am looking foward to spending it with my family.

Take care all - I will check back in later and catch up. - Panacea