Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 3

Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Evan - where were my Swedish Fish when I need them?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Day 1 - yet again :(

I have started this journey so many times I never have any problem getting sober....its the staying sober I struggle with.

Even in all my denial I know I am an alcoholic and I am so exhausted of "managing" the disease. Honestly, I have an overwhelming fear of failing again. I feel like my disease is really progressing....I just can't seem to stop myself from drinking!

I'm scared and tired. Hoping for nothing short of a miralce.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Kellbell123, welcome to SR. Get reading and posting and be that miracle. Loads of support here for our addiction. Glad you're are her.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I had a rough time yesterday battling with my AV. I managed to stay strong and i'm grateful today that i did.

I read alot in the Recovery - My story section. I drew alot of inspiration from the stories of others who have and still are treading the same path as me.

One of the stories in particular really made me look at myself and count my blessings.

If you haven't read there yet its well worth a visit.

Jim X
Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Marjoram, thats great that you have poured oil on troubled waters. Hopefully you will both find your way together. I'm pleased for you both.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

All I can do is pray it will get better.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new members of our class; this is a tremendous group of people!!

Evan, congrats on 7 days!!! Fabulous! Congrats to Martin and Eli and all others on their milestones!

Jimuk, glad you resisted!! I had some urges yesterday too; two time periods specifically...but two is better than twenty and the best part is I resisted!!! Day 3 begins, Sober Sunday has a nice ring to it!

SFMS: good to see you posting.

Majorum, beautiful moment between you and your husband. I hope it opens up the door to more heartfelt conversation today.

Well my friends, almost to the podium! Stay strong today with football and all the other triggers. You will all be in my thoughts as I tackle the day. I'll check in later.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Another hangover free morning! Got up at 5 again and washed my car once it got light out around 6 then cleaned up the house. Had some coffee and a bagel and now watching sins of anarchy. It's so nice to be able to think clearly and not have a hangover hangin over me or running to the fridge in the morning to start drinking.

Welcome to our new class members!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi BoozeFree, its great to feel fresh in the morning, i'm also enjoying this change to the start of my day.

I took my son to Rugby training this morning and one of the mums i know looked really hungover, so much so i think she forgot to put her teeth in, her face was really flushed and puffy.

I thought, i don't miss that one bit, the chewing gum and avoiding eye contact. Another reason to stay sober. X
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It'll get better. It has to. And you can always txt me or post here! You can do it.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

This is the first time in my marriage that I can clearly see what a mess my husband is. But instead of getting high to calm down I went for a ride in the van. It sort of sucked since my phone was out of battery and I had to listen to the radio, but getting out of the house really helped. I put the window down and enjoyed the wind in my hair.

We are both addicts, and my way of life was to let him do whatever so he couldn't say anything about my habit. Pretty dumb, but it worked for 9 years. Now I am getting sober and seeing what a mess we really are.

Al-anon, take me away!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Just got in from grocery shopping and wow, my body sure told me what it wants! I came home with loads of green tea, veggies, assorted sweets, and regular old staples. It was like I was on auto-pilot and my inner voice was telling me what to buy - I'm a BIG believer in listening to your body and I do believe that today my body was just happy I've started listening again. My AV has been ruling the roost these past years, with a few breaks here and there, and my poor little body was screaming but I couldn't hear it!

Anyway, no anxiety attacks today (yet) which is a blessing and I'm looking forward to the rest of this Sober Sunday.

To my classmates who are struggling this weekend I'm rooting for you and all you can do is get up, put your big boy/girl sober pants back on, and charge forward with more resolve and focus. Don't look back...what's done is done. The important thing now is not to do it again.

Cheers (with my green tea!) to all who are making it through without giving in - it is not easy for any of us and we deserve pats on the back. (((pat pat)))

Off to figure out where to put all this good food in my fridge!!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Great mornings Jimuk and boozefree!!

Voyager I'm sorry about your husband, but proud of you for coping with it in a sober way. I hope he follows your lead and you can heal together.

It is a glorious day here...the sun is shining and there is a slight breeze with just a hint of crispness to it. I did a LARGE grocery shopping and spent way too much money, but I'm excited to make some delicious food and do it sober. I love cooking and am good at it...it's a passion and I'd like to actually enjoy the fruits of my labor instead of drunkenly shoving it in my trap and not savoring the flavors.

I had a *brief* moment of thinking to stop off for wine, but it quickly passed...quicker than the thoughts of yesterday. I kept telling myself I'd rather spend that $20 on more healthy food!

Here's to a continuation of a sober Sunday for all. I hope to see you all at the podium tomorrow...I'll be able to join you, of that I'm certain! (See, like that positive thinking?! :-)
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Oh I meant to add...have you all read thefix.com? It's an addiction/recovery news website...some good reads on there. It may be old hat to you, I just came upon it though and thought I'd share...

Have a great remainder of your day/night...I'm sure I'll be back later.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Great minds, Iwillwin...seems we cross posted and just got back from stocking up on yummy stuff! Cheers to you (with my hazlenut coffee and water)!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good Night

Hi Everyone!

I'm joining the class of September, 2012.

Peace,

Geno
Old 09-16-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Geno78.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Morning to everyone. Day 9 beginning and feeling pretty good. Slept okay though I had the drinking dreams!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

OMG! Got back last night from our few days away and was blown away with all of the posting you guys have been doing! I'm depressed I didn't have WIFI where we were staying because I could have used the support of my SR family. We hooked up with friends we haven't seen in awhile - she's a real wine connosieur - and before I could get the words out of my mouth she handed me a glass of wine. The old AV invaded my brain saying 'it's OK - just have one glass...' I don't need to tell you how it went from there. I worried about having those drinks the whole time we were away and then my anxiety kicked in after over a year. Of course I didn't have any meds with me cause I didn't think the anxiety would be back - let alone hit me that quickly. So I put on my Big Girl pants and rode through it.

Realized today the only time I have any hope in succeeding in anything is when I have complete structure and total accountability to someone. So I spent the last few hours writing up my food and exercise plan for the coming weeks and hired my old personal trainer to be accountable to. Told hubby if today wasn't my last Day 1 then I was going to look into inpatient care. He just stared at me - even though I keep saying I'm an alcoholic he keeps sweeping it under the rug. He didn't know what to say because he doesn't want to believe it. Time to accept reality, Honey. We're both alcoholics.

ANYWAY, talking too much. My mediation course starts tmw for five Mondays so that'll get me out of the house one night a week, away from alcohol and around people who are looking to calm down their lives. A few days a week at the gym in the evenings will fill up another bit of time and I'm hoping I can fight my AV the rest of the week.

Being back online with all of your posts and support will give me strength to do this. You are a very special (and awesome) group.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Great to see you back LWB, apart from the obvious i hope your weekend was fun. If i were in your situation i would have gave in too. Nothing lost though, sounds like you're making positive steps for the future. Thats great.