# 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll have to decline that request Billy lol
glad you're ok nel

D
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
So it goes

Come on Dee for someone of your abilities that would be but a trifle. I have seen you at SRHQ
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi classmates!
Nel, I'm sorry you were ill, don't blame yourself about your kids. I don't think kids appreciate their parents like they should. I know mine don't.

Billy, so nice to "see" you again. Don't be a stranger here. And I actually like Eyore : ).

I went to my hub's company Christmas party tonight. I ate a small country's worth of calories. But I didn't drink! I was pleased that it wasn't difficult and once I got past walking into a room where I don't know anybody very well, I just forgot about it. It felt good, like a real accomplishment.

I care about you all and I appreciate all your encouragement and friendship.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
So it goes

Well done on the not drinking K. We are awesome. I can go into the supermarket now and not even show the remotest interest in the wine aisle. Keep it going K and I take your wise words on board x
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your mental image of me deviates significantly from the reality Billy

D
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
So it goes

Dee for us you are the rock of this site. Stuff you have said certainly helped me pull off the drink so if I wish to portray you as a rock hero I shall. A
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'm a Bowie fan so I'm not stopping you, Billy...

D
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good morning, family!

The best gift in the world? Billy back here with us and with his awesome sense of humor in tact! :day6

So FIAFI, I hear you about the voices in our heads. I have to admit that now that I am sober and have no options other than to confront and work through feelings and situations, it is easy for me to second guess and get caught up in mental bs. I never realized how my perfectionism and impatience were such major contributors to my poor choices when frustration set in. Or when I felt I needed a reward; or an excuse; or a friend; or a ____________ fill in the blank.

This house is awesome and awful - AA? LOL -sorry....not enough coffee yet . It has suffered years of abuse but has tremendous charm. It is HUGE. I am used to one bedroom apartments with most every convenience at my fingertips. Not so here. No shower; antiquated electrical outlets. Filthy appiances and a non working oven (bad, bad, bad for a chef!!) and just general dirtyness. So I decided Friday night to make it a game. I'm playing Pioneer Woman and starting from scratch. I decided to appreciate what I have. My family a mile away is number one. I have heat, running water, and a cool, safe place with tons of potential. The cat digs it - she has squirrels and lots of stuff to watch from the floor to almost ceiling windows. I can turn the bottom half of this place into cozy living quarters and not have to worry about high heating costs in the ghastly upstairs (ok, I am a bit of a snob - I like clean and now realize I'm way more cleaner that I thought I was!!) I will do this one day at a time. I don't have to accomplish everything in a day. I have $ in the bank and no where I need to be. Slowing down is hard, but what a luxury. All of this is a big adjustment. No work issues is probably my biggest demon, if that makes sense. I think being co-dependant and having no one to report to or to be needed by is pretty eye opening - who'd a thunk?

So today, it will be into Home Depot for a look around. Dinner with the kids for the big 54 and enjoying my first birthday in many years WITHOUT a drink or 10. Another year older - yep. But many years wiser in just 11 months. Life is good.

Love and hugs from this old woman to you all! T
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
So it goes

Happy birthday T, you are an awesome woman. keep up that sobriety
Allan
xx
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Happy birthday NBC XX
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Katrinka, way to go on surviving the dreaded "don't know anybody" holiday party hell ....sober. That takes guts!

Billy, I love your humor. It is so appreciated

NBC, you just made ALOT of major life changes, be easy on yourself! And
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG LADY!!!
:day1

Nel, are you feeling better?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday T - hope you have a great day and an even better year ahead...

D
Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, NBC!! Aww, you're still just a baby! Congratulations on all the huge changes in your life. It all sounds so right for you, but scary I bet. Just take it one day at a time (where have I heard that expression before?) and enjoy the change of scenery and the closeness of your family.

Sad news today. My 42 yr old cousin died this morning from a rare degenerative brain disease. He leaves a wife and 5 yr old son. So sad for my aunt and uncle, too.

Today is month 11 for me. Doing a little happy dance.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your loss K - but congratulations on your achievement.

D
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

:day1 NBC!....Billy I loved the pic. of Dee hard at work...lol.. I wish we had a 'like' button, like we do on facebook...Katrinka good for you on the Christmas party, so sorry to hear bad news of your family **{hugs&prayers to you}}.... NBC, I so love your attitude towards life...I have awesome classmates! I been busy cleaning today, will check in soon
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Limbo? How are you doing?

Seanie? I saw you logged in reading a week or so ago. Drop us a line. Let us know you're still here.

We care about you all !!!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
So it goes

Pcls right guys come back. I had a bad time and got the strength to return. And I was rock bottom.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Well today I will be departing this big, filty, antiquated, wait for it - wait for it ......recreational pharmaceutical house! I promise, only I could find and rent a crack house. Seriously! But as I type this I am smiling and laughing because it is just so typical and all's well that ends well. Found (and toured and touched and all but licked the floor!) adoreable 2 bedroom doll house yesterday in a distant town. Clean as a whistle, totally redone by the landlord who just bought and rennovated it in past couple of months. It has a garden spot in the backyard that chef here will cherish. A claw foot tub w/shower that chef here will cherish. Beautiful refinished hardwood floors that chef here will cherish - y'all get the idea? Apparently, it is widely known locally about the place I am departing being the hub of lots and lots and lots of transactions of an illegal sort. Yeppers - leave it to me to land my happy a$$ in digs like this!! But just like my Jan Fam - onward and upward. The smile will have to be pried off my face and the future looks so awesome. I feel as though I have arrived - and let me just say, there is alot of "thank you, Jesus" being said by this alkie. Off to load the rig and head for higher ground!! I love you guys and gals - thanks for putting up with and reading the "Seedy bog blog". :
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hey NBC gal you are doing great. The new house sounds fantastic, very American Gothic.

Life deals us funny cards. I went to the ex Ms Billys today (spit spit) to pick up some stuff, and the very second I pulled up in her drive I got an email telling me to upgrade my membership on a dating site.

See even the Gods of exalkies look after us at our most down times, I cracked up laughing
xxx
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Better to find out things.....sooner than later. Good luck moving again NBC.

Billy, you are a riot. (Insert Monty Python picture here)
I'm not computer savy like most of you.

I'm having a bit of a rough patch, control issues.
Deep breath, say Serenity prayer, repeat....

I need to cry.....I only cried when I drank, then the first month or so of sobriety. Now, dry as a desert. I hold everything in....not good. I'm feeling very frustrated & nobody to vent to but my God.
I miss my friends from work, I wish I had a normal family (at least a not psychotic dysfunctional one)
I wish my husband would stop drinking.
I wish my moods weren't ALL OVER the place.

Ok, venting done.
Thank you God, I am sober, healthy, have a home, food. I have it better than 90% of the land covered earth. Forgive me for taking it for granted.
Bless you all for your support