Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 2

Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of September 2012 Part 2

This is the thread for everyone quitting drinking or drugs this month of September 2012

This thread continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-20.html

Keep up the good work everyone

D
Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

9/7/12 was my last drink. And Im keepin it that way!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 5 down. I don't feel like myself.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a little while to work out who sober me was, lefthook - drinking had been my life for years...it's all very normal to feel that way.

don't lose motivation

D
Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow already on to a part 2 for the month. Cool! I made it thru my dinner too. The waitress asked if I wanted beer and I said no thanks. Funny that she happened to ask if I wanted what used to be my drink of choice. Instead I had about 4 root beers with dinner while everyone else had alcohol. Didn't bug me too much since I tried to kinda prepare myself a head of time. Well off to bed so I can rest up for another busy work week.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Made it to Day 7....Monday morning here in Germany....I'm on the way to work......
Old 09-09-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Proud of you booze free and DBS!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lefthook I identify with you. I haven't felt myself in months since this all got out of control and now trying to stop I feel like my healthy self is too far gone to resurface.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So proud of all of us! Went to my second AA meeting and plan to keep going. 30 minutes to day 7---one week, never thought I could do it. First sober weekend since i can remember. Thank you all for being there and good luck in the upcoming week.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Made it to Day 2. Had awful cravings last night but sat through them. Had terrible nightmares and sweating but got through them. I've been to day 2 before but for some reason, I feel much more hopeful this time. I normally find day 1 pretty easy and then fall on day 2 or 3 but yesterday was really tough and I made it anyway. Don't want to go through that again!

Good luck to all of us!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yay podium day. We made it, you truely are awesome. At work now so catch up later. Well done all of you. :-)

Welcome to the newcomers, I will check in later.

Have a great sober day

Jim day 9.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Morning all...Day 13 for me, made it through the weekend with some tough challenges but got through it. Yesterday, I'm sure to compensate for not drinking, I totally overate, but I don't do that all the time and it, right now, all that matters is that I am not drinking.
Being sober is awesome, isn't it?? (Not easy, just worth it!)
Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can I ask why a new thread had to be made after 50 posts? I'm a little lost and not an experienced forum user....
Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's after 500 posts, festiva

Apparently long threads burden the server - they slow everything down, take forever to load etc

D
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 13, Forabetterlife!!!
It is amazing I made it through my first weekend sober!! It was tough at times, but I am not dragging butt & feeling like crap! My morning job is crazy, but I am managing it better without a hangover. Thank you all for giving me strength & being here to hold me accountable for my actions. Every time I had the urge, I thought of my kids & I thought of all of you. It is pretty sad that I didnt even think about myself & what wonderful benefits I would gain by not drinking. I guess right now, I have to learn to love & value myself again. I think we all do. I could never justify quitting for myself. Starting on day 7 here, with all of your help & support I hope & pray I can make it to day 8. Each new day sober is a personal record for me. We can do this together!!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
Day 5 down. I don't feel like myself.
Hang in there Lefthook. "This too shall pass"

It is day 9 for me. Still having some withdrawals myself. It's gonna take a little time to get the alcohol out of our systems, after all how much and for how long have we been dumping that poison into our bodies? No wonder they call it detox!

As for "feeling like myself"... just think if we continue to not to drink we are gonna feel better then our ol' selves. Gives ALL of us something to look forward to.

Congrats! to everyone for your accomplishments!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello all. I am back on day 1 today. I was part of August and failed, and part of early Sept and failed. I have 4 days sober and then blew it at last week. But, I talked to my wife and I am determined to do this. I need to be a better father and husband. I am scared of all the things I used to do will not be fun sober. I love football, and what am I going to do on Sundays when watching the game? God Bless all of you.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Fdm

I looked back at my past posts and figured out this is the dawn of Day 5. After a busy home day on Saturday, I made an easy Sunday. I did some laundry, lounged around and watched the NFL until late last night. The wife was at work, so I can get away with a day like that, especially after a busy Saturday, lol.

We're almost 30 days away from my training/our vacation to the Alabama Gulf Coast. I love that part of the world and hope to live there within 10 years, after my youngest child is out of high school and I'm retired from the FD at the ripe old age of 50.

Of course, God has a funny way of laughing at plans sometimes, so right now it's a dream

Not to spam, but if you like beautiful pictures of Gulf sunrises, sunsets and nature, Google the Orange Beach Community Website. They are also on Facebook. They constantly post both professional and amateur photos all day, every day. It sure brings a smile to my face and makes a pretty desktop.

Back to work today. I finally feel like I may be turning the corner of this flu/lingering cold. I did use the urge surfing technique again last evening. I had a placebo of 100% cranberry juice and club soda on the rocks to assist.

Anyhow, y'all have a great Monday, and good luck on the week ahead!

PS: I have lost almost 6 pounds in less than a week.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Hello all. I am back on day 1 today. I was part of August and failed, and part of early Sept and failed. I have 4 days sober and then blew it at last week. But, I talked to my wife and I am determined to do this. I need to be a better father and husband. I am scared of all the things I used to do will not be fun sober. I love football, and what am I going to do on Sundays when watching the game? God Bless all of you.
Sounds like you need a plan before football begins. You could try club soda and cranberry juice and maybe splurge on a treat like chocolate chip cookies? I love football too, but I rarely did drink during the day.

You just gotta draw a line in the sand with yourself, IMO.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Feeling okish , still wanting to drink , but now i have thrown out the Valium i can remain clean unless i go out and buy booze and that is unlikely ...