I think I spent every waking moment here my first weekend

D
Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hang in there Michelle!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RGO View Post
I'm about to order a pizza with extra cheese. I was eating very healthy but today is either liquor or pizza... too much anxiety to control both right now. So pizza tonight!

Yes, weekend are harder at the beginning but it's possible to stay sober. I went to a concert last weekend and while my buddies were drinking heavily I managed to just drink coke and mineral water all night. It was actually fun to see them drunk and acting a little dumb and dramatic. One of them even cried during a song.... apparently it was way too nostalgic

OK, time to order my pizza. Have a fun and sober weekend everyone!
Ohhhhh pizza! I hear ya, you can't cut every vice you have all at one time. Eat your pizza and enjoy. My wife and I made homemade turkey chili and I'm gonna dip some fresh baked french bread in it for a lovely Friday evening. Maybe the pool, or maybe movie night with the three kids. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow feeling clear headed as my hangover is still killing me from last night. I'm gonna gear up, hop on my mountain bike, play some tunes and sweat it out!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michelle76 View Post
I cant log off for the weekend!!! If I do I will be drunk with in hours. All kinds of excuses to drink keep running through my head. I am loopy & to beat it all, I actually turned on the surveillance system to watch my BF in the barn, cause I think thats where he is using.(he restors old cars & we have the system for insurance reasons) WTH? I had to get back on here & get a grip. I have never been this jacked up in my head before. I told myself I would only monitor what was going on while the kids were down there to make sure he wasnt using anything in front of him, (Deep down I know he would never) I honestly think I was just looking for justification to pick up that first drink tonight.. I turned the system off.. I can not worry about his struggles right now, I have to worry about me. I cant make him want to stop & I sure cant demand it of him. My first Friday trying to stay sober is going minute by minute.
Michelle,

I know the feeling having done this before and doing it again. The voices in our heads can be pretty hard to turn off. Keep your plan in place, keep pounding water, juice, or tea. If you drink your gonna have a nasty hangover tomorrow so why would you? I think planning things early in the morning that are active is a great thing for Friday nights. Invite someone to meet you there so you are accountable. I don't like exercising hungover so I'm looking forward to feeling really, really clear headed and strong tomorrow on my mountain bike. Good call on turning that system off. I'll try to keep checking back on you as I know how important attention, understanding, and replies are on this forum during the witching hour.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Benice and Michelle, I'm with you. Staying sober is a 24 hour a day job and I will be on here much over the weekend!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! These crazy thoughts & cravings just come in waves, washing over me. I am finding I feel much better if I talk, chat,text, type, write.. I guess it gets them out of my head. I sit on here & read too. I would have normally "Treated" myself with booze. My Friday Treat tonight was chocolate ice cream with the kids. Then we are all going to "Camp" out in the living room & watch movies & eat popcorn. I like this much better than the alternative. I would say good night, but I have a feeling I will be back on here in a bit =)
Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
I know many of you have logged off for the weekend, but I just want to say...MONDAY HERE WE COME...SOBER!!! Much peace and love to you all. Thank you all for being inspirational! I've had a pretty stupendous day 3!!!

IDEA: Do you think we should have a weekly September Class thread? Start a new thread on a Monday...Just a thought.

Sobrietygirl, your evening with your kids sounds splendid! Enjoy!!

Jaz, stay strong and sneak away to jump on here if you need to when, and if, your dinner companions pop some beverages.

STAY STRONG my new friends and THANK YOU!
I'm not logging off. I'll be lurking and posting this weekend. Another sober day done. Today was my first day back to work after battling the flu, so my batteries were drained. I forced myself to work all day, albeit at a slower pace and intensity. It's Friday, so no one noticed, lol.

I forced myself to do my weekly solo shopping at Wal-Mart. By the time I got to the car, I was dragging. I stopped by Subway on the way home for family dinner, and I'm typing this while watching Utah and Utah State football.

I bought some cranberry juice and soda water, but it's too late tonight to try it.

Like I said, I'll be around.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Busy day of posts! I am traveling this weekend but will be posting and reading all weekend long! Your stories and voices keep me strong! Day 8 almost down - managed to decline wine at dinner when a bottle was order....an amazing feat for me as I am/was a winehound. We can make it through together.

Take care - Panacea
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Michelle76 View Post
I cant log off for the weekend!!! If I do I will be drunk with in hours. All kinds of excuses to drink keep running through my head. I am loopy & to beat it all, I actually turned on the surveillance system to watch my BF in the barn, cause I think thats where he is using.(he restors old cars & we have the system for insurance reasons) WTH? I had to get back on here & get a grip. I have never been this jacked up in my head before. I told myself I would only monitor what was going on while the kids were down there to make sure he wasnt using anything in front of him, (Deep down I know he would never) I honestly think I was just looking for justification to pick up that first drink tonight.. I turned the system off.. I can not worry about his struggles right now, I have to worry about me. I cant make him want to stop & I sure cant demand it of him. My first Friday trying to stay sober is going minute by minute.
Michelle, good for you for acknowledging that you would use your BF's use as an excuse to pick up. Countless times, I have drank AT my husband because I was ticked off, jealous, or resentful. Leave the system off and enjoy your time with your kids. Sounds like you have a great night planned. And don't worry, I think a lot of us will be here throughout this weekend. I, for one, need a lot of strength and help this first weekend sober. It's all well and good to plan a lot of things, keep myself busy, and look forward to waking up without a hangover, but that hasn't been enough for me before. I'm proud to say I made it through my first Friday night because of the strength I found here!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Panacea - huge congrats for resisting the vino. Wow! I'm a winehound too and am having such bad cravings tonight. But I'm resisting. Day 3 almost done. Be strong all!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep up the great work guys

D
Old 09-07-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I love how active this class has been! so much support from everyone!
I will def be here thru out the weekend, if I dont check in here daily it means Ive gone back to drinking so it is very important for me to stay involved here.
About to eat some subway ( copying you fdm) and then maybe the chat room for a bit later. Ive also been listening to past web series on kleanradio.com they have some interesting topics and Jennifer Gimenez is a guest often with a lot of good info
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me!!! You can do this!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Yep a lot of activity is a great thing. Please make sure you reply as much as humanly possible to those reaching out, sometimes it is the difference between making it through a tough night and caving in.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by ivehadenoughnow View Post
Yep a lot of activity is a great thing. Please make sure you reply as much as humanly possible to those reaching out, sometimes it is the difference between making it through a tough night and caving in.
I won't be up all night, but I will check in often. I'm with you guys!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Found this site about a week ago (when I googled "can a six pack a day hurt you").

I have been a heavy beer drinker my entire life, from age 14 to now in my mid-forties. Quit once for two years and then started again. I promised my kids looking them in the eyes and swore to God I would quit and then kept drinking. I really want to quit. So this is Day One for me. I think this site will really make a difference - I love the positive energy and just reading other peoples' stories.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome mirrorman

D
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

Pretty devastated here, had some time up, blew it last night. Back to Day One...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry in one sense to see you back LaVallette, but glad in another....
welcome back

D