Notices

Class of May 2012 part 10

Old 08-31-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. 98 days today and I actually slept last night!!! Feel so much better for it.
Whatever this weekend brings, I will reach my 100 days on Sunday, of that there is no doubt.
Love you all loads xxxx
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey guys, got a text from a friend this morning, thought I'd share it with you...

'Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them, and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is'

Jen xx
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ok, Jeni... the game is on.... I'm 'gate-crashing' to give you a hug back You nut
Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Lee..... Nice to see you!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

R4R-we charge an entrance admission on the May thread-I forgot to tell you!! Do you realise that if you me and Lee had stayed put on the March thread, we would be celebrating 6 months by now?!
Guess some of us are a little more stubborn than others! Absolutely great to hear you're doing so well.....now get back to July...
Love you!!x
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Jeni.... put it on my tab
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

FP - God bless you for maintaining such a positive attitude while in pain. I know how difficult that can be. I have spent the last two weeks in agony due to complications from the antibiotics and pain killers from my teeth removal. The insomnia is kicking me pretty hard too, in part due to the pain. Hoping I can feel better, get back to exercising and attend my AA meetings. On the bright side, it is 34 days for me today
Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sorry you've had such a difficult time tanja. It sounds horrible. Has anyone from AA managed to come and visit you? Hard when you haven't got that support when you need it the most x.
Congratulations on 34 days, you are doing fantastically well in spite of all your troubles xxx
Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

I've been catching up on all your wonderful posts. You all inspire me!

FP, I think of you often. When I used to have really severe abdominal pain I used to lie down on the floor and go into a hypnotic trance. The way you describe feeling when you lay on the floor in the lowest level of your home.sounds so much like it! Also, when you mentioned the lowest level of your house, it took me back to a yoga teacher wo, when we were laying on our stomachs on the lowest floor of the building, would refer to us being "Belly-to-belly with Mother Earth". I found that to be a very soothing feeling.

Jeni, I will be thinking of you all weekend!

Lee, great strength in making it this far. Congratulations on 14 sober days! I believe in you and know you will make it!

WeHav, thanks for your wonderful thoughts.

Candi, so happy to hear about your new job, congratulations!

Tanja, congratulations on 34 days! And I hope your pain is better very soon. I know how very tiring pain can be.

Dee, OLL, kittycat, super-crew, Uninvited and everyone else, my memory is just not good enough to keep the names and stories of all of our incredible May-mates in my head all at one time but I think of you nonetheless and am so thankful we have such an amazing support team!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Yay, holiday weekend is here! Had a good day yesterday at work, then hiked with the dog and the Mrs. in the canyon, then went to dinner with the Mrs. and came home to get to bed early again. Up early this morning to knock out some work. Have a counseling session in a bit, then I'll show up at the office for a few hours and kick off early.

And then? What then? I don't know. Camping? Floating? A classical concert? Maybe yes on all three.

Tanja, glad to see you back. Congrats on 34 days!

Jeni, stay strong this weekend. You can do it!

FP, hope the 4 days off help alleviate the pain. And yes, foot is cautiously still hovering over the brake

WeHav, good to hear from you. Sounds like you made the right decision on your camping trip. I do think it's important that sobriety makes that shift from "not drinking" to being healthy, or at least striving for health, in all aspects of our being -- from smoking to eating to exercising, to developing our own psychological, mental and spiritual health.

Unfortunately, that ain't as easy as cracking open a bottle But it's certainly more rewarding.

Hope everyone has a good and sober day!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Deserto, you are sounding so solid!

I especially like your thoughts about the importance of being overall healthy rather than focusing solely on sobriety. That "package" brings much more happiness overall and general well-being. For some it may start with sobriety and then spread to other areas. We've seen other May-mates start working on smoking and exercise.

You also sound so grounded about the situation with Mrs Deserta and that is so positive. Trust takes time, gentleness, and thoughtfulness and you have all three. That's no guarantee for the outcome but it will continue your own growth, IMHO.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Deserto, you're an inspiration.
I've just indulged in some retail therapy and am starting to feel stronger now.
What will be will be this weekend. We have spent many evenings in the past few months discussing our marriage and the effects of drinking/not drinking on our relationship. No need for any more words. He knows the score.
I am strong in my own sobriety and for the moment, that's what I need to remain focused on.
I'm not feeling that despair I was when I first heard he was coming over. Apprehensive yes, but that's a manageable emotion.
This weekend is about him not me.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

TGIF, boaters! Tourist traffic raging ahead to our Atlantic coastline has been bubbling up to a full boil starting yesterday. The last big beach weekend for the season, which means all of us locals will finally reclaim our coveted seaside solitude all to ourselves from Tuesday through to the end of next May, yay!

WeHav: Great to hear from you, as always. Congrats on 93 sober days! “Things have been pretty good in wehav land...” So happy to hear you’re doing well. Camping and kayaking sounds like tons of fun. Thank you for your kind words to me. Excellent job keeping the AV at bay.

(((Tanja))): Yay, you’re back! It’s wonderful to hear from you. Congrats on your 34 sober days! I am so sorry that you’ve been in pain and I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for your kind words and PM to me, too. Huge hugs of love to you.

Dweller: Wonderful that you’re easing into a nice renewed reunion/re-acquaintance of sorts with your wife. I truly hope all works out the way you wish it to be. Sounds like you’re very conscious of remaining practical and taking things slowly, and that’s a very good mindset. Be good to yourself, my friend. You’re in my thoughts.

Saskia: Love the yoga imagery. How are you doing today? I remember that you’re coming off a few days of hard work on the job. Hope you have some nice plans for the holiday weekend, even if it’s just cocooning and taking good care of you.

Teacher Jeni: So happy that you were able to rest last night. A good sleep makes all the difference in feeling healthy and dealing with tough issues more manageable. You sound so much calmer, stronger, and matter-of-fact today, and it looks good on ya, sober sister. Congrats on 98 days! Another member soon to enter our well-earned Triple Digit Club. Awesome.

Bionic Lee: Woo, hoo, sobermate on 14 days! Love your positive attitude. Keep up the great work.

Really4Real: Wonderful that you stopped by for a visit. Come by anytime! Best wishes to you on your continued sobriety.

Feeling better this morning, thank goodness. After assuming the belly-to-belly and Pach-to-back positions with Mother Earth for the past few days, I can finally stand up straight on all four round elephant paws in cautious comfort. Phew!

Gorgeous sunny weather today with breezes blowing the clouds back and forth lazily in the lovely deep blue sky. Got lots to accomplish all backlogged from the week. Looking forward to a relaxing Labor Day holiday commitment-free.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. Love and hugs to all.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey all, lunchtime check in. I will be leaving early today and heading far out into the boonies to camp. My step dad owns some land that we camp on. Hoping to see a sunrise and a moose this weekend. Plan on going for lots of walks and hikes. Probably do some reading, horseshoe type games, and picture taking. Don't know if I'll have service but I will try. After today, I will not have drank the entire months of June July and August. I consider those three months "summer". So I will not have drank the entire summer 2012. It is unbelievable to me. This summer was the whole reason I was putting off quitting drinking and I'm astounded the complete opposite happened.
Jeni, I wish you the best of luck this weekend. The only other thing I thought to say was keep remembering that your slip strengthened you. You had a aste of sobriety, had an awful slip, and learned without a doubt that sobriety was the way to go. If anything happens this weekend we can hope and pray that it will be that same lightbulb reaction you had. That drinking is just not the thing to do anymore. Also, as long as everything has been said that you want said, try to enjoy the time leading up to it, so he has recent memories of how good sobriety feels. Don't give him any excuses, and excuses is all they'd be, to want to escape into that bottle with his buddy. Is it tonight or tomorrow night? If I don't hear back, I'll be thinking of you both nights!
Deserto, I'm happy to hear you've spent more time with deserta. You are sounding good so keep doing what you're doing. Your comment about all the things you may or may not today and this weekend reminded me how great it is to have so many options now that we're not drinking!
Everyone- I am on my phone so can't post much more indiviually but have a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sounds like an awesome trip OLL. I hope you have a wonderful time.
I will be just fine, there is absolutely no chance of me drinking. Rather disappointingly, H has filled the kitchen with alcohol.....
Takes me back a bit, and not good memories either!
Off to an AA meeting, that will ground me.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
I will be just fine, there is absolutely no chance of me drinking. Rather disappointingly, H has filled the kitchen with alcohol.....
Hang in there with us, Jeni. I am sorry to hear that hubby brought all that liquor home. I know you are tough cookie, girlfriend, with your head in the right place pointed towards solid sobriety for yourself. Maybe you can find good distractions to be away from the house as much as possible this weekend? I'm doing my frugal staycation as usual, and will be available for you and all of our other boaters for the next several days. You can do this and we can do this together. Much love to you.

Originally Posted by OneLessLonely View Post
Hoping to see a sunrise and a moose this weekend.
OneLess, have a lovely time camping this weekend! Congratulations on your sober summer of 2012! You are an amazing rock of strength and inspiration to us all. Be safe, be happy, and we'll look forward to reading your posts about your vacation adventures. Love and hugs to you.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks FP. I hope your in-box is nice and empty ready for all my PMs!!
Just got home from my meeting. I love the Friday night ones, I don't know if it's because Friday was always 'rush home and get wasted' night after work, but it is always important for me to get my head clear before the weekend.
I'm actually feeling surprisingly strong. Not sure where this strength is coming from but I've had enough of being scared and am not accepting it any more without challenging it.
I just know that whatever happens, I will handle it.
I have spent a lifetime keeping quiet, running from difficult situations, living in anxiety. Well, I'm learning how to be honest with myself about what I want and need to do to live the life I want.
I'm doing just fine.
Love you loads xx
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon Tanja - you too FP
my thoughts are with you too Jeni

Have a good weekend OLL
good to hear you doing so well Deserto

Hope things are well with you Saskia

D
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. Doing ok. Going to my previous AA meeting tomorrow. I figure I'll avail myself of all the help I can get.

Have a great weekend to all!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff Saskia

D