Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day Jane - congratulations

D
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days, Jane!

Great to have you back, Deserto and sorry you've had a rough time. There's been a good bit of that going around but our terrific May banditos and banditas have been an awesome support for all of us! Together we seem to dramatically transcend the sum of our individual selves. I know we have seemingly lost some boaters but there are an amazing number of us still around. Just recently we went through what seemed to me to be a great discussion about positives in our experiences after rough times.

I noticed you lurking and had been hoping you would come back to post. We've missed the poetry and rap smack downs between you and FP and also Pink's contributions to same

AFM, doing well. Had a near miss of a slip tonight because of my usual problem -- too much stress. This time, however I managed to overcome, much to my relief!

Tomorrow I hope to have a chance to relax and then Saturday an all-day seminar on gastric bypass surgery and transfer of addictions. Sounds very relevant for me and if I get a few good nuggets it will be worth it!

And now good night and quiet slumber to all.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Was that a French Horn I hear or an elephant's trumpet?

Ginger Beer here, checking in. Good to see so many Mayans still on the boat - some of us maybe a little damp from the drink but back in the boat never the less.

Month 3 here I guess. I've had some good days and some not so. Some family challenges (a visit with my nonagenarian father comes to mind). I'm keeping the sober date even though I have had 2 single beer evenings (connected to my emotions when dealing with said father).

I am still committed to staying sober, I like myself better this way and I hope to keep my Mayan club t-shirt even though I don't check in regularly. You guys are fun and funny and doing all of the right things to stay healthy if not happy too.

Best to all,
Ginger Beer
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you GB

Sorry about the single evenings....I understand family frustration...I also think it's important to look at each time we look to beer to solve anything...and reinforce the fact to ourselves that it doesn't....

It's a realisation it took me 40 years to get to, but whatever the solution to our familial stress is, it doesn't come in a bottle

D
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

good job jane!!!!! happy 90!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Diez de Mayan

Hey everybody, just a quick shout-out. To those that slipped, just get back up on the seahorse I mean horse and keep galluping forward.

Do you know how many times I've slipped in the past 25 years...too many to count..but I kept tryin and trying, and if I slip again I will keep getting up and trying again..the alternative would be to die or be part of the walking dead..

OMG FrenchPink, I loved that pic of the elephant in the back of the boat LOL!

elephant.jpg Get this ...a seahorse / elephant hybrid..it is called a sea elephant!!! rofl!!! :rotfxko

oh my gosh, I didnt realize it would be this big...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh my Seahorse! I have to catch my breath after laughing so hard :rotfxko

Priceless -- a sea elephant it is!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good early Friday morning, Class of May. This tusk toter is celebrating the big 90 days today! So nice to see returning boaters. I am incredibly encouraged by our class sticking together through our triumphs and trials. Part 9 already… we sure have lots to gab about.

A huge congratulations again to our 90 Days (plus) boaters, whether you’re celebrating a solid sober count or continuing along with small bumps in your journey, you ALL deserve recognition for your hard work to get this far: Dweller, SoberJane, HitRock, Seahorse, Lee, 2Mags, and GingerBeer! Awesome job, classmates! I am so very proud to be a member of our May class.

Jeni: So glad you’re sleeping better. I’m glad I was up late the other night with Soleil and OneLess to give you cyber-hugs, girlfriend. Loved the posts between you and Thursday about English/American spellings and meanings! Hugs to you.

Soleil: Always wonderful to hear from you, sobermate! Excellent that you sidestepped a potential trigger at dinner with a client. Keep up the great work.

Thursday: How fortunate that you received a humorous e-mail from your cousin. I agree that a good laugh can work wonders for your mind and overall health. How are you doing on the sober front?

(((Dweller))): Have you ever seen an elephant do jumping jacks of joy? Kinda scary, causes lots o’ damage, and tends to push the earth off its axis a bit. Stick around this time, buddy, or next time I’m grabbing the herd to stampede after you.

You-Rock: Such an admirably hard worker, sobermate. Make sure to take good care of you while you’re getting through your long shifts. Thank you for your posts to our boaters. Hugs to you!

Emily: Congratulations on your 19 days! Wonderful job, sobermate. Thank you for all of your lovely messages to our boaters.

KittyCat: Our Part 9 shotgunner! How are you doing today, sobermate?

WeHav: Thanks for checking in! What's new with you today, May mate?

Councilman Uninvited: Congrats on Day 79! Terrific job on the sober resolve. Awesome that you’re still running those races, too. I just added another ½ mile to my run tonight. Maybe you can snag some free Chinese food from those campaign donors.

Saskia: Yay on your sober strength, May mate! Excellent that you overcame a trigger to stay strong. Hope you get good info at your seminar this weekend.

(((GingerBeer)))! Wow, you’re back! Thank you for checking in, lifetime May boater member. We love you, buddy. Excellent job on your overall sober journey. Hugs to you.

Seahorse: Love the sea elephant pic! Very cool. Thank you for checking in, classmate.

Dee: Thank you for the wonderful advice to Dweller. We all benefit from your wisdom!

Luling? Tanja? Payton? Iwant2? 2Mags? IllNeverTell? SubtleKnife? Vinyl? Lilac? Flicked? Where did you all go, May mates? Please throw us a post when you can. We’re missing you!

A Special Message to You-Rock and Dweller: Thank goodness for both of you, my beloved brothers in our sober quest. In the beginning, it was truly Dweller’s sober strength, shared poem jabs, barbs, and slapdowns that kept me sailing through the first 6 weeks. Now, it’s Rock’s sober strength, regular presence, and solid friendship that have been carrying me along through these last 6 weeks. My most sincere thanks to you both for sharing many public posts and personal PM’s that have helped me get here today with very few white-knuckle moments of doubt. I most assuredly love all of my classmates, but I felt a special connection with you two right from the start that kept me on the sober path. My first 90 sober days, I dedicate to Dweller and Rock. Huge hugs of love to you!

Congratulations to all celebrating continued sobriety and to those making today their first sober day. Love and hugs to all.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congratulations to FP!!!!

You are truly an emotional anchor to us all. You keep us from drifting away too far and you deserve to take great pride on your 90 days of sobriety xxxxx

Jen
Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning to my lovely friends.
As for the merry-go-round of emotions that surround me at the moment; happiness, self-doubt, despair, guilt, anger and anxiety, I have stepped off for a while.
Everything just is what it is. Life. I'm doing a heck of a lot of self-analysis which is gruelling and I need to take a little break to take stock.
I'm taking a good look at what I've got here and now and its pretty good. More than good actually.
I hardly ever think of drinking any more. I have made such progress in so many ways. I'm allowing myself to feel and accepting that sometimes that hurts, but I can also be really happy. It's ok to feel happy and enjoy the moment. I'm allowing myself that, just for today.
The merry-go-round is still waiting. But I've stepped off. Just for today xxx
Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations FP - not only for your 90 days but for the way you keep a friendly eye out for everyone, and everything, here

D
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh, and Saskia, so pleased you managed to avoid slipping xxx
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you looking into alternative ways to deal with that stress Saskia?

D
Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Frenchie, just got home from work and was looking for a good pic for you to celebrate and let you know how I feel about you too. This sums it up.
congratulations on 90 days my buddy!
Pink_Elephant_by_lilsuika.jpg
Lots of love and a big 90 day hug!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats French and everyone on 90 days!!

Old 08-10-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
are you looking into alternative ways to deal with that stress Saskia?

D
Yes, thanks Dee. I have many tools but have a difficult time remembering to use them once the anxiety starts. Yoga, mindfulness meditation, etc. pranayama (yogic breathing) and self-hypnosis can be particularly good when I notice the anxiety creeping up and it isn't in full force yet. I find that a challenge.

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

FrenchPink, my dear multi-talented, kind and most valued pachyderm, a hearty Congratulations on your 90 days!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations on 90 days French Pink! Just wonderful!

Thanks so much for all you do!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats to FP and Jane for their 90 days!

HRB, love the picture -- a wonderful combination of pink cloud/pink elephant.

Jumping jacks, eh, FP? And here I thought it was just thundering in the night.

Slept like a baby jackelope last night, only to be woken at 1 am by the cops at the door. Something wrong with my phone; a 911 hang up was delivered to them by ghosts or gremlins, so they had come by to check it out. Good to be sober for that one!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
It's ok to feel happy and enjoy the moment.
Hey, Jeni. Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts to me on my 90 days. Big elephant hugs to you for giving yourself a break from your inner turmoil. You are so well-loved here, sobermate. I hope you're able to do something special today just for you.