SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of June 2012 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/264467-class-june-2012-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 08-04-2012 10:00 PM

Class Of June 2012 Part 3

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D

stevie88 08-04-2012 11:14 PM

Day 30 just starting....Get in.......

Dee74 08-04-2012 11:33 PM

that's really great Stevie -congratulations! :)

D

Live2Run25 08-05-2012 07:41 AM

day 64! Been having such a great weekend. I haven't been online much! I hope every one is doing great!

stevie88 08-05-2012 12:26 PM

Day 30 nearly done,i'm well pleased with hitting 30 days but i really want to get tomorrow out the way and then i'll be even happier to have got a month done...Stomach seems to have cleared up now and i'm back to my eating best,i have eaten so much today its unreal...I had a great session at the gym this morning and all my weights are still increasing....Since i have quit the booze i have gained around 25lbs and none of it seems to be fat,i can actually look in the mirror and see someone who is starting to look pretty good and not someone who is seriously underweight and malnourished...I really am starting to feel good about myself for the first time in god knows how many years.....I hope everyone else is doing good....Take care...Steve....

stevie88 08-05-2012 11:51 PM

Day 31 just starting.....Get today out the way and its finally a month......Feelinggood.com

duane1 08-06-2012 07:03 AM

Congratulations Steve! Also glad to hear you're stomach is doing better.
My weekend was like yours Britt. Too much to do to find time to post.
Played on Sunday with my church praise team. Loved it. Can't wait to do it again and continue to grow as a musician.
Went to a party on Saturday. That was fun and no problems turning down beer to drink water. All and all it was a good weekend.

gsp0050 08-06-2012 10:17 AM

Good to hear that everyone had a good weekend and stayed sober.

Steve- 31 days is terrific, keep up the good work.
Britt- 64 is awesome
Duane- I'm glad you had fun playing yesterday in church. I used to play the piano but my playing time was overrun by my drinking time. I can't play drunk so playing went by the wayside. This weekend I broke out some sheet music and it was really great.

Was having fun holding the new grandson, he's an inspiration to stay sober.

I'm on day 57 and feeling better everyday. Today I ran 2 miles (on a treadmill :c032:). Talk to everyone later.

stevie88 08-06-2012 11:39 PM

Day 32 just starting...Got a month under my belt...Happy days....

duane1 08-07-2012 08:58 AM

Excellent Steve!
GSP, the same thing happened with me playing guitar. Drinking and playing didn't mix. Eventually it became more drinking and less playing. I hope you use the opportunity to get back into playing like I did. I have found it to be a great way to keep myself occupied during times where I used to drink. It also keeps my mind active and learning.
Last night I had a great workout. Finally seems like my muscles have woken back up!

gsp0050 08-07-2012 09:52 AM

Stevie- Everyone here knows how hard this is and what a milestone you have made. Keep up the good work and be on guard for the evil alcohol voice.

Duane- It's amazing how productive I can be without drinking. Instead of watching TV like a slug and destroying my mind, I can keep my mind active. I also picked up a book for the summer, drinking and reading never really mixed. Stay strong and keep up the good work.

Dee- thanks agian for taking your time to monitor this group.

stevie88 08-07-2012 11:13 AM

Day 32 nearly done...AV was there nagging away at me this morning after I had a big row with the wife...I really wanted a drink and thought about it for what seemed like ages...I went to the gym instead and really pounded my chest and biceps so hard it really hurt,so I'm gonna be sore tomorrow....After gym it was time for my AA meet and I decided I was gonna share first,I ranted and raved for about 10 minutes and felt better for it....Then I got home and AV started nagging again so I took the dog out this time,was out for an hour and felt better....I have since got home,had a huge dinner and I know that soon it will be time for bed and I will have another day sober under my belt.....Hope everyone else is doing good....Take care....Steve....

Dee74 08-07-2012 03:40 PM

no problems gsp - I'm really inspired by you guys :)

D

Live2Run25 08-07-2012 04:45 PM

great job Stevie for working through the craving!! I'm on day 66. Today I started half marathon training for 3 races I have in the fall. It will be nice to start burning calories on a regular basis again! hope everyone is doing well.

gsp0050 08-08-2012 11:17 AM

Stevie, that took a lot of discipline to stay away from the booze. You did the right thing. Drinking would have only made everything worse.

Britt- keep up the good work and have fun on your run.

stevie88 08-09-2012 01:07 AM

Day 34 just starting....Gonna be a hard day as my grandma died in the early hours of this morning...Today is gonna be one hell of a test....

duane1 08-09-2012 06:22 AM

Steve, stay strong. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, but we all know a drink isn't going to make it easier to deal with. Use your time and thoughts to celebrate her life.

Live2Run25 08-09-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by stevie88 (Post 3525562)
Day 34 just starting....Gonna be a hard day as my grandma died in the early hours of this morning...Today is gonna be one hell of a test....

Oh Stevie! I'm so so sorry about your loss. Just remember that drinking will not help this situation at all. You need to feel the grief.. not drink it away. I'm sure she would be proud of you and your sobriety! Keep going for her!!

stevie88 08-09-2012 02:04 PM

Day 34 almost done....God knows how I have got through today without drinking...Seeing all my family around me,crying and being upset really nearly pushed me over the edge...I can honestly say I dont know how I have not drunk...I thought about drinking at least 20 times today and at one point I was all set to go to the shop and buy beer,but I managed to do something else instead...I'm looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow as I obviously I couldnt make it today....Many thanks to duane1 and live2run25 for your posts of encouragment...Hope everyone else has had a better day than me...Take care....Steve....

gsp0050 08-09-2012 04:54 PM

Stevie- I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It must have been a long and mentally tiring day. I'm glad to learn that you found the inner strength today to stay sober.

Duane and L2R- thanks for being there to support Stevie. I'm sorry I couldn't get on this morning.