# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I missed this Stevie.
Sorry for your loss...but I suspect your grandmother would be proud of you

D
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning Juners,

Today is two months, or 61 days for me. This is the longest stretch that I have been sober in about 10 years. That voice that tells me I don't have a problem because I can quit for two months has been raising its ugly head. To knock it down I process the reality. If I buy a bottle tonight for a few drinks, I will get drunk and have 1/2 the bottle left over. Tomorrow, I will drink the second half, the next day I will end up buying another bottle, and soon the cycle returns and I'm drunk every night for the next year or two depending on when I get the courage to quit agian. ---I'm not going to head down that road. I did that last year.

Being sober is liberating. Last night my son called because his air conditioning went out. He said he and the family would be fine in the basement but asked if I could come and get his dogs who were hot and panting. In the past I would have to make a lame excuse because I would be too drunk to drive. Last night, at about 9:00, I drove over to his house and got the doggies. It felt good to have control. It felt better to be a good dad who could help is son, daughter in law and grandson.

Stevie- have a great work out today and hang in there. Agian, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

L2R- I hope you get drunk on endorphins this weekend with some great runs.

Duane- have a good weekend with the family and at church.

I will try to pop in and see how everyone is doing.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

GSP, I know the feeling. I would buy a box of wine, and wouldn't quit drinking for a few days till it was done. If I had one more glass left, I couldn't possibly drink one glass the next night, so I would buy another. It was an endless game my mind would play. Being as far out as we are, it would be the definition of insanity to start over again. As far as being liberated, I remember being in fear both times my wife was due because I would have been too drunk to drive my wife to the hospital if her water broke during the night.
Stevie, hope you keep it together this weekend. So glad you made it yesterday.
Britt, hope the training goes well.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 35 almost done and feeling ok....Boy oh boy have I had a sh1t few days but as they say "what doesn't kill us,makes us stronger"...I overslept this morning as I was so tired from spending the previous night at the hospital...So I got up,quickly walked the dog and headed over to my moms to help her sort through stuff...Then I hit the gym for an hour and even though I wasn't fully into it,all of my weights were up by 10 kilo's for every exercise so I'm very pleased with that....Then I had to take my mom back to the hospital to get a death certificate and then take her back home...I think the funeral is gonna take place in a weeks time....I feel that if I can cope with the last few days then I can cope with just about anything...Yeah I did feel like drinking quite a lot but I just kept thinking what would be the point???? It wouldnt make me feel any better....Anyways,theres me done,I'm proud of myself for not drinking during a very stressful week....I hope everyone else is doing good and many thanks for all your kind posts...Take care all....Steve.....
Old 08-10-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Stevie. I am SO SO proud of you. You are being there for the people who need you because you are sober. It really takes a strong person to do this and you are!! keep going! You are doing wonderfully. It's going to hurt... it's supposed too. Drinking will just make it so much worse. Hang in there.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

really inspiring stuff here today, guys - thank you
D
Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 36 just starting and I'm feeling a little better....Just slurping down my 3rd cup of tea and chomping down on a bacon sandwich...No training today as I trained yesterday....Gonna take the wife and kids shopping this morning and when I get back I need to have some chill out time as I dont think I have stopped the last few days...I hope everyone has a great,sober weekend....Take care...Steve....
Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Stevie

D
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stevie-

I want to thank you for taking the time to post on here. I want you to know that you have given me more inspiration and strength. At this time, you must feel like Job with everything going on in your life. I was having some trouble this morning for a stupid reason: it's a great day and a great evening for a little romance with the wife. She will drink wine. We usually sit on the deck, talk, drink a couple bottles of wine, watch a movie together, etc. My AV is telling me how nice a few glasses of wine would be. This AV voice is probably nothing like you have faced in the last few days. If you can stay sober, there's no reason I can't.

I am trying to tell myself that these are all situations that will routinely pop up because everything in the past had a drink. I need to re-learn how to do things without alcohol.

Everyone stay sober this weekend. Once again, just posting and venting helps me stay strong. I'm so thankful for this group and website.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 36 near enough over....Had a better day today...Ate a sh1tload of food,mostly junk but I'm back in the gym again Monday so it doesnt matter....Still didnt manage to chill out today as I have been doing something or another...Gotta take my boy for his first karate grading tomorrow morning so I gotta be up early to walk the dog first...Then once his grading is over I gotta get home and prepare us a sunday roast dinner and then once everyone has eaten and dishes are done,perhaps I can finally get that chill out time I want...To be honest I like being busy,but I really could do with a sit down....Hope everyone else is ok....Take care.....Steve....
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 37 just starting.....Yet another busy day today.....
Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.. day 71. Had such a lovely and busy SOBER weekend! On friday night I said to my boyfriend that I wanted to go out to my local bar. NOT to drink, but because i'm 25 years old, and I still miss the social aspect of going out. So we met up with some of my friends and sat outside. It was a great time. Another one of my friends was there and said he was "doing the sober route" too. It was a GREAT time. I had no desire to drink. I was so happy with myself to leave at the end of the night sober. I didn't regret it, or feel guilty. I knew going in drinking was NOT an option.

I went bowling twice, went shopping with my mom, and today my boyfriend and I went to IKEA and got some new stuff for our living room. It was a great weekend!!

Stevie, I'm so glad to see you are still hanging in there!!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just checking in....Day 38 just starting....
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

All,

Checking in on this beautiful Monday morning. It's beautiful because I woke up with no hang over and was enthusiastic about work. Not dragging in here all hagard from a night of drinking. I got on the treadmill this morning and did 30 minutes at a pretty good pace, tomorrow I'm going to head outside. I know the treadmill is way different than real running.

How was everyone's weekend? I hope it was good and we're all here this morning to encourage each other for another week?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 74 for me. Good weekend that is still going on since I have today off. Ran Friday, Saturday night and worked out yesterday. I am lucky that I have 2 neighbors that I can hang out with. One doesn't drink and the other one really slowed it down once I quit. The one that drinks invited me over since the in-laws were up. I'm the buffer. I decided not to go because I kept thinking I might have "just one" beer. After all, I didn't want to make it seem like I can't be social.... Funny how that AV works on me.
Suffered a little depression on Saturday as well, but a run really did the trick to pull me out of that.
Great work Stevie, looks like you go through a really difficult weekend. Very inspirational!
Congratulations on another successful weekend GSP and Britt!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 38 nearly done and all is well...Had a great workout today including a 180 kilo leg press for 10 reps...I must have pushed myself to hard though because when I had finished I had to run to the toilet as I thought I was gonna blow chunks.....Anyways Once I had recovered it was back home for plenty of food and a 2 hour dog walk....Spent some time playing with the kids,did their dinner,put them to bed and then I fetched me and the wife a huge take away...I ate that and now I'm tucking into a few Mars bars and then its time for bed....I hope everyone else is well...Take care....Steve...
Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 39 just starting.....
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 75! I was just thinking yesterday how I have spent the entire summer sober. Going away on Friday for a week of vacation in NH. Ran again last night. Hopefully I can find a way to burn energy during the winter.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 39 done....
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 74 starts today. I've been suffering from a HORRIBLE headache for 7 days now. I am going to the doctors today at 3pm. I have no idea what they will be able to do, but it's awful. The back of my neck and head hurts A LOT. I'm also feeling very nauseous and not very hungry. I'm hoping it doesn't have anything to do with a bite I got a few weeks ago. Tested negative for Lyme's but I think it was a mosquito bite. I'll keep everyone up to date.